Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Maybe this year will be better than the last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uh2YSqsFU0

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
2017 most-played games so far, in descending order:

Cities Skylines
Metal Slug 3

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

New Year. New video games. Yeah. FR*CK yeah.

I'm willing to bet the next Wolfenstein will be announced by Bethesda around May/E3 considering the hidden teaser last year. Bring it. :unsmigghh:

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I cant wait this year to get more games to play and then not actually play them

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

GUI posted:

New Year. New video games. Yeah. FR*CK yeah.

I'm willing to bet the next Wolfenstein will be announced by Bethesda around May/E3 considering the hidden teaser last year. Bring it. :unsmigghh:

New Quake will break the quality streak but New Wolfenstein II will make it okay and a New Doom II trailer showing a Hell On Earth where the Doomslayer still doesn't give a gently caress about the lore will make everyone forget New Bad Quake even happened.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

12 days until Nintendo blows us all away.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BWHyRCw3JI

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Maybe this year i will finally beat a jrpg that isnt fire emblem.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Welcome to 2017, the year of the Nintendo Switch and GOTY The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I've got like 3 Christmas games to beat before Gravity Rush... a true challenge...

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Jonas Albrecht posted:

12 days until Nintendo blows us all away.

The arguments over what constitutes quitting home consoles will be intense and terrible.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I won my first Overwatch match of the year so maybe that's a good sign. Probably not but one can hope.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

TheScott2K posted:

The arguments over what constitutes quitting home consoles will be intense and terrible.

And we will beat them to death with baseball bats.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
HEY EVERYBODY SEEING THIS MESSAGE WHEN THEY SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE

2016 was a rough time, and honestly, not gonna sugar coat this, we're probably in for some stormy weather ahead, but I assure you that together we'll make it through and that if we stay strong and keep true, that we'll make it out of this fine and dandy. Things are gonna be bumpy, there are gonna be times where life is gonna feel really poo poo and you're potentially going to ask yourself "how did I get here?" but despite that, I promise you, everything will get better in the end.

Stay strong and fly true, friends.

Also, if it is your birthday on the day that you are reading this post, happy birthday :)

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

2016 was a rough time, and honestly, not gonna sugar coat this, we're probably in for some stormy weather ahead, but I assure you that together we'll make it through and that if we stay strong and keep true, that we'll make it out of this fine and dandy. Things are gonna be bumpy, there are gonna be times where life is gonna feel really poo poo and you're potentially going to ask yourself "how did I get here?" but despite that, I promise you, everything will get better in the end.

Also, if it is your birthday on the day that you are reading this post, happy birthday :)

What the gently caress is it that makes people take the idea that "everything will get better in the end" as an article of faith?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Welcome to 2017, the year of the Nintendo Switch and GOTY The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild!

Nier automata is goty sorry about that

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

Actually it's Persona 5 with Nier being a close second.

Meanwhile, the Switch will be like every Nintendo console since they no longer held a monopoly on the market and the new Zelda will be good but also be full of open world concepts that feel at least 10 years out of date.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

What the gently caress is it that makes people take the idea that "everything will get better in the end" as an article of faith?

What do you mean?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Neir Automata is just Bayonetta if she were a robot in doll clothes and granny panties.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Neir Automata is just Bayonetta if she were a robot in doll clothes and granny panties.

...and?

Also you forgot that it's being written by a mad man that hates his audience and is incapable of not writing the most depressing poo poo that's depressing in a weird way that fucks you up extra hard. I am am really looking forward to Nier 2 but good god do I hope I don't have to spend 2+ hours in a instafail rhythm game to get the real ending.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jonas Albrecht posted:

you seem to have confused nier automata with yourself

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Persona 5 was GOTY for 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

you seem to have confused nier automata with yourself

I am not the main character of Nier Automata. I am her pretty boy sidekick.

THEY ARE

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jan 1, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I am not the main character of Nier Automata. I am her pretty boy sidekick.

nice shorts

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

FirstAidKite posted:

I read this in Leslie Nielson voice

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
It's not 2017 here yet but I'm posting in this thread anyway gently caress THE POLICE

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

top 10 games of 2016 by metacritic score is a funny list

1. UC4
2. INSIDE xb1
3. Out of the park baseball 17
4. Witcher 3 Blood and Wine pc
5. Overwatch pc
6. Overwatch xb1
7. Forza h3
8. Witcher 3 Blood and wine ps4
9. INSIDE pc
10. Overwatch ps4

if you don't want so many duplicates the next 3 games were
stephens sausage roll
nba2k17
Kentucky route zero act 4

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FirstAidKite posted:

Maybe this year will be better than the last

It won't be, but I'm sure some good games will come out at least.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Eyyy, the new chat thread.

I can complain about Carthage being a complete jerk to me in Civ V here - they were my friend, and then they declared war on me! Those jerks! :mad:

ps: Thanks for not having a chat thread title with political stuff in it.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Spend Japanuary with Naoto

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Japanuary, eh?

Should I dig into the Silver Case or Himawari first?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Happy new year. Video games are still good

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

DQ VIII 3DS and Yakuza 0 this month. That rules.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

StrixNebulosa posted:

Okay, on a less Souls-y note:

Jesus christ why do some of the goons I've friended on Steam have more than 200+ hours logged in Civ 5? :stare:

StrixNebulosa posted:

Eyyy, the new chat thread.

I can complain about Carthage being a complete jerk to me in Civ V here - they were my friend, and then they declared war on me! Those jerks! :mad:

ps: Thanks for not having a chat thread title with political stuff in it.

And now you know :hist101:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

And now you know :hist101:

I'm playing on quick and the game is still taking hours and hours and worse than that: it's compelling.

:rip: the rest of my free time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The first three months of this year are so packed with games I want it's utterly insane. Like six just in January.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Once I pried myself out of Civ V, I tested Hitman tonight too - the new one, via the intro pack - and oh no. It's good. I was expecting my reaction to it to be like how it was for Blood Money - abject disgust and boredom.

Instead, nope, it's sleek and modern and actually engaging and.... shoot. My to-play list hasn't gone down at all, and instead I get to put the rest of the game on my wishlist instead. My budget for the sale's up, though, so it'll have to wait for summer or something.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

StrixNebulosa posted:

Once I pried myself out of Civ V, I tested Hitman tonight too - the new one, via the intro pack - and oh no. It's good. I was expecting my reaction to it to be like how it was for Blood Money - abject disgust and boredom.

Instead, nope, it's sleek and modern and actually engaging and.... shoot. My to-play list hasn't gone down at all, and instead I get to put the rest of the game on my wishlist instead. My budget for the sale's up, though, so it'll have to wait for summer or something.

:getin:

Thanks again for gifting it to me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Best game I've played this year is Reigns cause I'm interstate with family for another couple of days.

• Locked thread