Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

TG-Chrono posted:

Best game I've played this year is Reigns cause I'm interstate with family for another couple of days.

Clash of Clans for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Giving my niece my copy of Kirby's Epic Yarn since it seems perfect for a 4 year old.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Swapper was really good, probably the toughest puzzle game I've beaten in a while. I was definitely tempted to YouTube solutions on a couple particularly difficult puzzles but I'm glad I didn't. The trophies being weird terminals hidden behind walls is kinda dumb but I can live without the cheevos.

Thanks to whoever suggested it!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I've been playing The Division, it's the only game I bought during the sale because it's the only game I really want on PC right now. It's fun! I am one of those insane people that likes cover shooters and thinks they're exciting, and the story is so incredibly paper-thin that I can basically just ignore it and have fun. I have killed many men named Alex, apparently.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Happy New Year everybody! There's still like 1 day of the Steam sale left to get some of those vintage pre-2017 games.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
every time i do it makes me laugh

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

:getin:

Thanks again for gifting it to me!

:cheers:

I gotta try more games that I see on goon wishlists on the gift train - they're often cool!

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Sakurazuka posted:

The first three months of this year are so packed with games I want it's utterly insane. Like six just in January.

If all the games that look good coming out this land, this might be the best year for games in years. I'm not sure how I'm going to find the time to play them all.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

bloodychill posted:

Swapper was really good, probably the toughest puzzle game I've beaten in a while. I was definitely tempted to YouTube solutions on a couple particularly difficult puzzles but I'm glad I didn't. The trophies being weird terminals hidden behind walls is kinda dumb but I can live without the cheevos.

Thanks to whoever suggested it!

Hell yeah, that is my favorite puzzle game. I wish I could forget everything and replay it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Spoilers for Jan 31: game of the month is Yakuza 0

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

In Training posted:

You may already have all your gimmicks planned Video Games, but making one month dedicated to playing games from 2007 would be a cool one.

Luckily I do have a month to play old games! Au-gust. Golden oldies. I could totally only play games from 2007 then! It would make great sense.

Also because I am away from my pc with the majority of my Japanuary games, I took my PS4 with me and have been doing it there instead. So far the first game of 2017 played has been the Metal Slug anthology. I also have Dragon Quest builders, ground Zeroes, Transformers Devastation, the new Strider and Nom Nom galaxy. I looked them up to make sure they were created by Japanese developers. They have been added to the viable list.

I have to say, this restriction is actually awesome!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Reposting this from the December thread:

My cousin brought his NES Classic to the new year's bash and all the cousins and significant others of cousins around our age had a great time reliving old memories, yelling while we were playing punch-out and Mega Man, teasing each other about the rusty skills. A true nostalgia machine.

Everyone was impressed that I remembered all the weaknesses of the punch-out guys.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wanna get Yakuza 0, but I first want to finish Yakuza 5 and then play Yakuza 4. I have a large backlog of single player games right now I want to get through before I buy anymore games and i'm trying to save money anyways.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
This year I'm gonna play a bunch of video games!

I'm still in the thick of Witcher 3 and I've got Hitman and DOOM on the docket and I'm still trying to finish Shovel Knight and Hotel Dusk. There are a lot of games worth playing you guys!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Hello Chat thread

I hope everyone is having a great 2017 so far

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm being tormented by Mario ice levels

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

After playing the Resident Evil 7 demo I'm really looking forward to it. I liked that they went for a different formula this time.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm gonna play the Nintendo Switch this year!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
HOI4, Orwell, and Stellaris were my top 3 games of 2016. The two map games I couldn't put down, and Orwell had the same appeal to me that Her Story did which was pretty dope.

Also happy new year.

Overwatch was also in the top but I couldn't play it for a few months due to moving.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
My Top 5 for 2016 probably has to be:

1. Pokemon Sun & Moon
2. Star Fox Zero
3. Kirby: Planet Robobot
4. Overwatch
5. Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice

Special shout-outs to Shantae: Half-Genie Hero and DOOM 2016

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

doom was good but i am still surprised at how short it was

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cheesecake aside, this Rottytops sprite is adorable :3:

https://zippy.gfycat.com/KindheartedCelebratedGoat.webm

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

cheesecake aside, and afront and probably aback too

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Cheesecake aside, this Rottytops sprite is adorable :3:

https://zippy.gfycat.com/KindheartedCelebratedGoat.webm

Does everybody's idle animation involve them dancing to the beat, cause it looks like the guard in the back is getting down too

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
He is absolutely boppin to the beat as well, it's great.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't played it but I saw someone on my miiverse friends list pledged $2,500 to get an NPC in the game

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

I haven't played it but I saw someone on my miiverse friends list pledged $2,500 to get an NPC in the game

thank them for not making it an obese dragon man in a diaper

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Does everybody's idle animation involve them dancing to the beat, cause it looks like the guard in the back is getting down too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvFQENiJ_q8

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71lLnE8gJnU

can't wait for the main character in the dub of tales of berseria to suddenly break out into singing a crazy virt vocal song

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Something something cultural appropriation

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The Colonel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71lLnE8gJnU

can't wait for the main character in the dub of tales of berseria to suddenly break out into singing a crazy virt vocal song

The first real stage you do (Main Street) the first time you go through it, it plays that song

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Everyone and everything dances in Shantae, it's super cute.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Define Stephen's Sausage Roll

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sakurazuka posted:

The first three months of this year are so packed with games I want it's utterly insane. Like six just in January.

What games

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Define Stephen's Sausage Roll

professor layton puzzle

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

For me at least:

Gravity Rush 2
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
Resident Evil 7
Tales of Bersaria
Yakuza 0
Dragon Quest VIII
Atelier Shallie
Double Dragon 4

are all things I will probably want to play in January alone and like half of those all come out on the same day.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Is this related to the technophile girlfriend?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tales of Berseria
Yakuza 0
Dragon Quest 8 3DS
Fate/Extella
Resident Evil 7
Gravity Rush 2
Kingdom Hearts 2.8

I lied it's 7

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
DQ8 3DS looks good and I hope to be able to afford and play it one day :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What about kingdom hearts indicated it will be good, the first was fun but not great and I don't think I've really heard anything great about the rest of them aside from making fun of the retarded naming conventions

• Locked thread