Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kind of like a short term #GamerGoal. What are you focusing on in 2017?

I was on a big Mega Man marathon that got heavily derailed when I unexpectedly got heavily addicted to Hitman, so I want to go back and finish my tour of Mega Man games. I left off on Doctor Sigma's Mega Man X3 levels and my current resolution is to finish the X series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

This year I'm going to beat Alundra.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I want to get 4000 in overwatch and 120 stars and try to speedrun one of the Lovely Planet games maybe.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Did lovely planet 2 turn out to be cool? I played the first one on your rec and loved it and remember you being kinda down on Arcade or whatever it was called.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It started out kinda slow but it started getting cool. I like the first one better still. The 2nd one is more puzzly if your into that.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I'm going to beat the Witness including all of the secret super hard puzzles I've heard about all by myself. That's all I got so far

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I want to focus more on playing games through to the end instead of jumping around a bunch of different stuff all the time.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm gonna save enough money to get a psvr

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

complete dragons dogma, and stop slacking on work so i can easily afford the new best console after the WiiU, the nintendo Switch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

After trying to emulate Metroid Prime 1 I'm gonna make it a priority to rescue my GameCube from storage and play through Metroid Prime 1 (v1.00 release disc which I still have, all sequence break bugs intact) on original hardware.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FactsAreUseless posted:

I want to focus more on playing games through to the end instead of jumping around a bunch of different stuff all the time.

my resolution last year. saw credits 56 times.
this year my res is to keep finishing games but not stress out about it if i'm not feeling it.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

I'm gonna finish Nier, Yakuza 2 and 3, Etrian Odyssey 4, 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, MGS 4 + PW + V, and Ace Attorney 6. All those plus hopefully many others. That's my gamer pledge for 2017.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm gonna play games in 2017

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Last year I played Ys and Castlevania games for the first time so this year I need to find some other classic series I've never touched to devour

Kinda vague but I gotta think about what it should be

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Last year I played Ys and Castlevania games for the first time so this year I need to find some other classic series I've never touched to devour

Kinda vague but I gotta think about what it should be

As someone who has been in a similar position, I can highly recommend the Mega Man series.

Soral
May 30, 2009

in 2017 i'm going to quit playing multiplayer games that i have hundreds of hours in so i can knuckle down and complete all the games i've purchased but never played. this is the year of the empty steam backlog.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
finally beat persona 4.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Happy New Year, Imp Zone.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

i wanna play more jrpgs. the baten kaitos games, smt4 apocalypse, and shenmue are on my top of list games I want to play next year.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

stop looking at wikis so much

folder
Oct 9, 2016
restart and finish tactics ogre for me

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
beat drakengard 3's final boss

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

1024x768 XDDDD

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

my new years resolution? 1080p. :D

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I'm going to fill my new 24 slot 3DS game case with good games I've missed.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I'm gonna play a lot of really fun games like Nier 2, Nioh, Persona 5, the Berserk Musou, the new Styx game, and that's just between now and April

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
hook up my ps2 again and play all the games I have on it.

replay mgs 2 and 3. maybe try to get all dog tags and all camos while I'm at it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Action Tortoise posted:

hook up my ps2 again and play all the games I have on it.

replay mgs 2 and 3. maybe try to get all dog tags and all camos while I'm at it.

good idea

last year i played mgs3 for the first time, and then went back to it trying to the platinum trophy. i missed a single frog somewhere, and decided playing the game searching for it yet again would be a good way to sour myself on the game, ill get that drat trophy this year

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
finish Marvelous, possibly try out the Witcher series, import some dew flavored cheetos

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

my new years resolution? 1080p. :D

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
My general goal is to complete many more games than last year, and purchase less new games than last year also.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
First game of 2017: Ori and the Blind Forest

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I am going to finish all the Zeldas, all the Metal Gears, and all the Resident Evils. From there I will do Kirby and Mega Man, and Grand Theft Auto. They are all just sitting there waiting to be played and it is time to check them all off the list.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
First gameing of the year: Kirby Robobots, 100% completion attempt.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

This.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to win a max size Distant Worlds game playing on full manual. So far I got insanely bored on a trial run in a smaller map so maybe I'll jack the difficulty way up and play one of the warrior races

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Same here.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
So many games to play...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Heck, same.

• Locked thread