Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Torts leading Columbus on this streak is even better than John Scott in the ASG last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I use it exclusively and have never had this happen. I often watch games an hour after they start.

On the PS3? I didn't use to get much timewarping, actually, but I did get plenty of stream errors and constant drops in quality.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

eXXon posted:

On the PS3? I didn't use to get much timewarping, actually, but I did get plenty of stream errors and constant drops in quality.

Ya Ps3. Once a month I might get a stream error and have to reselect the game but otherwise it's stable. Video quality generally doesn't change in game.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Jacob Trouba has 9 points in his last 10 games and is up to 12 points in 25 games on the season, while getting essentially no PP time. He's going to get the Jets such a nice return when they eventually trade him

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Ginette Reno posted:

The best part of that is the little congratulatory pat that Komarov does to Orpik after scoring.

He may not be a great player, but I'm going to miss Komarov once he's gone. It's the little things like that make me smile.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

xzzy posted:

The NHL would get twice as good if Cherry and Milbury would retire to a remote island with no cameras.

Yep.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I just want the Jackets to keep being good because a) that's awesome and b) I think all they're looking for is one justifiable reason to do Jackets-Pens at the Horseshoe for the Winter Classic.

My guess is they would only do one of the other outdoor games though because if OSU plays on New Years Day, that game is fuckeedddddd

It's been brought up before but even in more northern areas it's hard to guarantee stable/cold temps or weather conditions these days.

It seems that for the past 5-10 years, the cold weather has been stable in February. Usually around that time the temperatures kind of stay closer to freezing and the great lakes tend to start freezing over, too. That cold plus the chance of frozen lakes means that whatever precipitation you get: it'll probably be snow. If the NHL can find a way to work their outdoor games sometime around February 10-20, I think conditions have a greater chance of being ideal, or at least manageable and consistent.

I don't think the Shoe would be a good venue. Then again, a lot of places aren't that good of a venue. You have a trade-off between a football stadium where you can't possibly sit anywhere close to the action or a modern baseball stadium where you sit closer but you have a lovely view.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is it worth getting a ticket for behind the bench seats? Or can you only see player heads?

You can't see anything and it literally stinks.

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

So this Super Blood Hockey looks really loving rad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ybjx9RQjek

It's apparently coming to Steam early this year but there's already free-to-download beta versions on the game's site.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

xzzy posted:

The NHL would get twice as good if Cherry and Milbury would retire to a remote island with no cameras.

A remote island with cameras, but we make them compete for food.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Reminder that the jackets are good.
Go Cats, go Hawks, go Sharks, go Jackets, go Preds, go Oilers, go Avs, go hockey

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

A remote island with cameras, but we make them compete for food.

Cherry will be forced to trap and skin dozens of exotic birds weekly to keep his suit gimmick going

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
The cool thing about Matthews is that while he has 20 goals in 37 games, he also had a 13 game goalless streak. In those 13 games, he only had 2 assists. Since that streak ended, he has 14 goals and 21 points in 18 games.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

The cool thing about Matthews is that while he has 20 goals in 37 games, he also had a 13 game goalless streak. In those 13 games, he only had 2 assists. Since that streak ended, he has 14 goals and 21 points in 18 games.

Very inconsistent. Needs some time in the AHL I think.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Aphrodite posted:

Very inconsistent. Needs some time in the AHL I think.

I am just waiting for Kessel's "inconsistent" label to find its way to Matthews.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Honestly the best experience is being on a line with Patrick Kane, so we should send him to Chicago for valuable OJT.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

xzzy posted:

Honestly the best experience is being on a line with Patrick Kane, so we should send him to Chicago for valuable OJT.

What Toronto really needs is a pair of brothers and Chicago just happens to have the missing van Riemsdyk.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

larkko posted:

So this Super Blood Hockey looks really loving rad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ybjx9RQjek

It's apparently coming to Steam early this year but there's already free-to-download beta versions on the game's site.

This owns hard. I'm going to be keeping an eye on it. I especially dig that you can deck the ref.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Two arcadey hockey video games in one year? Am I dead and in heaven?

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
canucks claimed reid boucher, canes claimed ty rattie

also

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/816691599623200768

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Weird that the Canucks claimed Reid Boucher, Benning usually trades actual assets to acquire other teams disappointing prospects

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

fits posted:

also

:rip: Sharks' team DJ.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

fits posted:

also

What? Matt Nieto is pretty good, I'd take him over Reid Boucher in a second.

Also way to get that backwards Benning. You had a shot at the guy with actual scoring potential and claimed the tweener grinder with no upside instead. Cool.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Khudobin has been disappointing so far this year, but I think some of that has been due to injury. Maybe just a rehab assignment to try and get him going in Providence? Not sure who they call up in the meantime either. It's been kind of a rotating group of guys but my guess is McIntyre since he's been absolutely unbeatable. 10-0-0 in 12 games this year, a 1.41 GAA, and a .951 save percentage. He got a look earlier this season and wasn't great but it was very early on.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I'm surprised, frankly, that the All-Star Game hasn't become a de facto outdoor game. It's in February, it's got all the dumb pomp and circumstance that makes no sense for a regular season game, and it's a way to market the NHL.

Make it a whole loving weekend with a pre-1990s alumni all-star game, a more recent alumni all-star game, a skills competition, a young gunz competition, and a three on three tourney. Invite actual musicians and celebrities. poo poo, have a celebrity all-star game. Go hogwild.

i am the bird fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 4, 2017

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Also Nieto being put on waivers feels like one of those things that comes back to bite you in the rear end later on. I mean he's not exactly a prospect but at 24 it seems like you'd want to hold on to him for a bit longer rather than risk losing him.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

ThinkTank posted:

Also way to get that backwards Benning. You had a shot at the guy with actual scoring potential and claimed the tweener grinder with no upside instead. Cool.

Well he didn't give up a pick to get Boucher. Baby steps, baby steps

(Benning will still somehow find a way to give up a pick)

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

fits posted:

also

I hope Rattie becomes a contributing 3rd liner in Carolina. Don't think he was ever given a fair shot in St. Louis.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

so burmistrov needs a visa but the coyotes are playing the canucks and he still cant join the team? did he go back to russia in the span of two days?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

hifi posted:

so burmistrov needs a visa but the coyotes are playing the canucks and he still cant join the team? did he go back to russia in the span of two days?

He was employed by a Canadian team up until a few days ago and presumably lived there too. He needs a visa to live and work in the United States because he's a foreign national. Pro athletes get a special visa status that gives them a lot more freedom of movement, employment length, etc. than other workers but they still have to get one and that can take a few days to process. Visa issues hold players up moving between countries all the time.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

i am the bird posted:

I'm surprised, frankly, that the All-Star Game hasn't become a de facto outdoor game. It's in February, it's got all the dumb pomp and circumstance that makes no sense for a regular season game, and it's a way to market the NHL.

Make it a whole loving weekend with a pre-1990s alumni all-star game, a more recent alumni all-star game, a skills competition, a young gunz competition, and a three on three tourney. Invite actual musicians and celebrities. poo poo, have a celebrity all-star game. Go hogwild.

There would probably be a bunch of pushback about putting all the league's best players on a whole bunch of lovely ice for a fake game

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

With Neuvy coming back, the Flyers moved Streit to LTIR to get back under the cap. Lyubimov was not demoted to Adirondack.

E: Other option was to demote AMac but that would have left the team with only 6 healthy defensemen.

E2: and Mason gets the call tonight for the Rangers game. Same lineup as they ran against Anaheim.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 4, 2017

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
There's gotta be some sort of "locker room cancer" sort of story about Nieto coming out soon, cause that makes no sense.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

i am the bird posted:

big dumb idiot fight of Justin Bieber vs Chad Kroger and ratings go through the roof for the following year

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

StubHub tickets for NYR/CBJ are starting at $107.99. :stare:

PLAYOFF tickets started at $67 day-of in 2014.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

CBJSprague24 posted:

Haha, yeah that's one good thing about the Canucks sucking...tickets are actually affordable now.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

CBJSprague24 posted:

Just pretend it's a game at MSG and consider it a bargain.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

CBJSprague24 posted:

CBJ @ NYI starting at $6 on stubhub

They're not even obstructed view!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

CBJSprague24 posted:

oh you sweet summer child

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
That game is also the one where they could potentially set the record for longest winning streak.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Nieto's problem is that he's fast, and has good puck handling/space making skills, but he can't do both at once.

Hope he finds a home though, being a LOLSOUTH(OR WEST I GUESS)er

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Man it wasn't long ago that $100 bought you like 2 (hell, maybe 3) seats against the glass. Good for Columbus. :unsmith:

• Locked thread