Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«9 »
  • Post
  • Reply
HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


OOC Thread
Old OOC Thread

Setting Document


Casey

Dragomir

Elias
Lean Coffers: Family wealth is taxed for the time being
Patron of the People: Enjoys popular support and a willingness to go an extra mile for the time being

Galain
Paragon: More than a man in the eyes of the people, if still less than a god

John
Worn Out: John has pushed himself hard and must rest to recover his strength before he does so again. Travelling will be slowed while this condition lasts.

Karla
Destiny Points: 1

Moonrat

Sasha

Viktor

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at Jul 28, 2017 around 02:15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


The night was quiet, compared to the storm that had preceded it. For twelve nights had the heavens and the world shook, as a great war raged. Gods, angles, demons and chosen mortal servants fought, bled and died. There was no place in the world to hide, no way of remaining ignorant to the happens beyond the mortal realm. Finally it was quiet though. The world had not burned to ashes, nor had it disappeared despite the claims and fears of many. Life in the past weeks has probably been difficult for many of you, and now that there is a calm new problems will come to light. But for now that is not your concern, for you have had a dream or vision from a being in the heavens. It claimed to call itself 'Terminus', and explained that it had slain the gods and beings in heaven. Now that they were dead it claimed, mortals could lead their own destinies again. It had looked into the paths and strands of fate and determined that you were a point of focus. Someone who might lead and change the world. For some of you this is probably an affirmation of long held beliefs or convictions. For others it may be a surprise, or a chance to seize something greater.


Please read the end of this post for further information.

Casey

"There is a power to change one's shape, that has been held among the elves. They have used a lesser form of it to take the forms of animals, but they know the path that will lead you to greater mastery. Once it was considered a divine blessing, but now that they still posses this gift and their gods lie dead they will come to see that the truth."

"Beyond that, there is a long forgotten periapt that lies someone beneath your city. It was dug up in ages long past from deep under the earth, from a place where the fabric of the world was weak. It can cloud the minds of others, and cause them to see what you wish, or what they expect to see if you can find and master it."

"Similar to the elves' gift, there is a way to change the forms. Whereas they can change freely between forms, this power will force the flesh of another into a form you wish whether it is willing or not. It was once buried beneath the waves, but if you search towards the setting sun you may find it has resurfaced once more."

"If these do not please you, then travel south along the coast. In a city upon it you will find an old being of the world. Their blessing is a bestowed gift, the ability to make oneself like the air and light. The hands of others will not reach you, nor will their walls impede you with this gift. They are not like you though, nor are they even mortal. While they are neither god, nor servant, their ways are strange and confusing."



Dragomir

"By a great lake beyond the mountains lies a buried library, in which old and forgotten texts lie. Many of the scrolls and tomes have decayed, but one tome that remains details how to read the heavens and apply this knowledge to the world below. Many in the past have gone mad trying to uncover the link between the stars and the workings of the world, and this is the closest glimpse of it.

"In the lands of the dwarves lies an item. A singular stone, imbued with the energies of change and flux itself. Its true value remains uncovered, but it can easily transmute base metals into another form. It contains within it the light and energy of the sun, yet the people that hold it now do not know its true ability and use it instead for parlour tricks."

"Travel to the shadowed woods and speak the right words, and in that place you shall learn of old elvish legends. Passed down from the gods, I find them distasteful but they are regardless a true record. The elves believe them to be a record of the end of all things, but they do not understand the true meaning behind what was told to them."

"Deep within lands not yet claimed by cobbled paths and coin, there is a place where all the elements of the world align in harmony. If you go to that place, you will find in it the secret to unlocking the hidden powers of the mind. Some of the wandering peoples have found it through the ages, but it has been mistaken as a place of visions."



Elias

"The lost tomb of Castier Ponsbor, ancient member of your family. It was not a tomb made for him, but a place with a secret deemed forbidden by the church. In it lies one of the first steps to enduring as long as the mountains it sits in. You will need to entreat with your ancestor, or find a way to overcome him by force. He has been challenged before."

"Beneath tree branch and hidden from the sun there lies an old ruined place where an alchemist once dwelt. Before they were betrayed, they found a way to concoct an elixir that would grant any man or women the power of a dozen warriors. The effect works only once on a person, but once was thought to be enough."

"To the north, there is a ruined shrine with clear waters as black as a moonless night sky. Take this water into yourself and you shall learn to see and know the wishes of people, the wishes they hide deep in their hearts and that hold power over them. Be careful though, for some wishes are best left unfulfilled."

"If these are not tools up to the task of forging a dynasty, travel to the lands of the dwarves for they have discovered a metal that they do not know the true value of. This new metal that they have found, id one bathes it in moonlight it quickens, becoming flexible like leather but yet harder than the finest steel in all of the lands."



Galain

"Deep within the elven woods shrouded in shadow there lies an elusive beast, whose true power is known only to a few most learned scholars. Slay it, and while its heart yet beats pluck out its eye and make it one of your own. You will find yourself able to slowly twist other people into your own likeness in body and mind."

"In a place to the north, where the sun and moon forsake each other for long stretches of the year lies an old castle. In it there is a periapt, with a living stone set into the chain. Anyone who places the stone around their neck can use the darkness in other people's hearts as their own power. The kingdom stood until a ruler came that was so weak that even this was not enough to hold the people under control."

"In the city of thieves and bandits, there is a place that carries precious jewellery and stones. The owner has an item that can be used to compel any being to obey you, once. They will follow a single command to the best of their ability as they understand it to align with your ambition. Having made his fortune and family, the owner hides it from others for fear of what it may do."

"Hidden away in the mountains that border your lands, there is the lair of the last Living dragon. Dragons are creatures of power and ancient knowledge, whether they are dead or alive. What you might choose to do in such a place is up to you, but you will find power there enough for your ambitions."



John

"To the west lies the lair of a dragon, with its hoard and power. While you can find power from a dragon even dead, you can only find knowledge from a living one. If you would wish to speak to it, make sure you reach it within the passing of a moon lest it fade away from the world. Be careful though, those that gain power often find later that they have lost something of themselves along the way."

"In the lands to the east, there lies a spring which taps into the raw power of the world. Bathe in it and let it flow into your body. Any other that knows of this place and makes their way could gain the same power, so if you would covet this for yourself then beware letting others know of it."

"In the depths of the dwarven minds lies a creature whose body is dead but its mind is alive. Take what remains of it into yourself and you shall gain the power to turn flesh into living stone, and stone into living flesh. Just beware its mind and its power can be yours."

"There is an island off of the coast of your city, surrounded by wind and storms. For a long time it kept out sailors, and even today few would be foolhardy enough to try and land on its shore. Deep in the jungle lies an old circlet, and any who wears that circlet upon their brow shall find themselves able to shape the waves and waters of the sea as they wish."



Karla

"In a place there is a ruined temple on the far coast, a long journey across the mountains towards the setting sun. In this lost temple there is a fountain whose waters contain natural healing properties. Bathe in its waters and eat of the fruit that grows from it and you shall gain its healing powers."

"Your curse is incomplete and only half done, but in this you can make that curse your own and control it. There is a wood of shadows to the north west, on this side of the great mountains that divide the land. Go to those woods and seek out a long forgotten altar. At that place you can perform a ritual to unravel the curse and to gain power over it and other curses."

"There is a way to still the raging minds of people. Travel to the centre of the lake at the heart of your lands and find the place where the sun, moon and waters are the same. You will then know the secret to stilling violence in yourself, and then in others. This same skill can still raging passions or other fiery emotions."

"Finally there is a book that a man in the city of beauty and despair possesses, and it contains instructions for the creation of dolls that imitate living beings. It is possible as part of their creation to place thoughts, emotions or even parts of the mind of yourself or others within them to give them life."



Moonrat

"There is a land to the far north. Once people lived there, before they killed themselves and fled the monsters. None save isolated towns and villages dwell in that place. If you can tame the monsters that lurk in those lands then they could be a place for your people to make a new home."

"In the very depths of your home, there is a forgotten shrine with a library. That library holds a scroll which can give one mastery over plagues and disease. A gruesome and painful way to make a home for yourself, and one that would make you many enemies, but it is despite these risks a powerful weapon."

"Within the dwarven lands there is a pool, seemingly normal except that it has been touched by the winds of change that blow from all corners of the world. In its depths you can awaken the power to change others to be more like you and your people. Although this change may not last for more than a night in some people, it will reoccur with a rhythm as the world breathes."

"At the very bottom of the mountains dividing the lands, far south there lies an old keep. In it still dwells an ogre that knows the secrets to turn any man or women into an incredible warrior. Bring yourself and you can become a champion or hero to your people. Bring others and you can raise a conquering army."



Sasha

"In the lands to the south of the elf woods, across the mountains and on the other side of the lake and down the river lies an old and abandoned town. In it the royal alchemist for a kind long forgotten was laid to rest with his family. To his grave he took the notes and method to create almighty living weapons of war."

"Further to the east from that place, in an island there grows a tree which produces a singularly unique and curious fruit. Consuming it will grant strength and endurance to anyone, although be careful not to be gluttonous. If one were to eat too much of the fruit, the consequences could be unpleasant."

"In the damp human kingdom, one county near the coast possesses an old gauntlet. In the hands of someone with strong will it can lead them towards metals both useful and precious. With even more strength it can even tear such metals out of the hands of others, the walls of buildings or for a titan, maybe form the earth itself."

"In the mountains there is a star that fell. Travel through the elven woods along the river and when you come to the foot of the hills travel south for four nights. When you come to the midday of the fifth day, climb up the hill with the sun at your back and then you will find a hole in the side of the mountains where the star has burrowed like a worm into the caverns of the mountain."



Viktor

"To the east along the coast there is an old spirit of the earth. It holds the secret to changing the nature of things, and is particularly found of precious metal or gem. You can make that power your own, although there are many ways both violent and peaceful that will leave it alive or not once you have that power."

"In the city to the south of the lake in the wild lands as some call them, the city with a port and the most people along its coast there are a pair of earrings. Wear them and you shall find yourself able to sense the physical needs of others, and to be able to influence them. It even can give you a taste of their vices without your own body indulging in them."

"There is a petty thief in the city south of the city of beauty, one which is home to many thieves. In it you will find an unimaginative and small minded thief in possession of a cloak that allows one to pass unseen and unheard. If you can track them down and take this cloak for yourself then you can benefit from its power."

"To the north east, into the cold lands forsaken by most mortals there is a mountain. In a cave on that mountain dwells a woman who has found how to copy a thing she has seen before. She uses this currently to pass by the monsters outside of her home when she needs to. Be careful, for it is possible to copy something too perfectly."



NOTE:

All players may ask one additional question and receive an answer before Terminus fades from your presence. Keep in mind Terminus' answer is likely to be brief, so err on the side of brevity if you can do so.
There will be another post coming detailing what the starting situation of each city or town a PC is in is like.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company


Casey of Tamora

Casey couldn't recall the name of her Goddess. No one could. That, more than anything, had probably been what drew the other novices to leave the Temple. Their Goddess was dead and gone, and in Her death throes She had wiped the knowledge of Her name from mankind, so that She might never be recalled as one who had been bested. She had been pretty vain, after all. Goddesses of Love and Beauty tend to be; it's a story as old as time.

But Casey, having nowhere else to go, had stayed. Her footsteps echoed through the great deserted Temple; while she kept her own little area of the building clean, others had already gotten dusty. She had even heard rats squeaking in one wing. Still, she stayed. She would always wonder, in the days and weeks to come, if that was why she had been visited by Terminus; if she had been selected by this great cosmic force simply by virtue of having been there when others were not. The thought amused her.

"So these goals, these... I don't know, quests, I guess you'd call them. Are they exclusive? If I manage to achieve one, can I then try for another?"

Sure, Case, she thinks to herself, trying not to let the doubt she feels in her heart show on her face. Tell the vision of the thing that claims to have killed the Gods that just one opportunity isn't enough. Surely nothing bad can come of that.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Casey of Tamora



Once there was a city of vast wealth, a hub of trade, famed for its architectural marvels and patronage of the arts. The city was called Tamora, and of all its wonders, none was so famed as its temple to Tamora's patron, the Goddess of Love and Beauty, whose name is no longer spoken in the wake of Terminus' war. Her statues have crumbled, her sanctuaries converted to more secular use, her hymns left unsung, for the Goddess was a vain creature, and upon her destruction she withdrew all knowledge of herself from the mortal plane, for she refused to be remembered as one who could be vanquished. Even the Goddesses' name has been forgotten, stricken from the minds of mortals, but her temple remains.

It lies empty, now, save for one soul.

Casey surrendered her family name only recently, when she left her shoemaker father and pledged herself as a Novitiate in the Goddess' priesthood. And when the Goddess marshaled her forces, when she drew her faithful to her to fight in the Godwar, Casey and her fellow novices were left behind, bereft of guidance. Perhaps their faith simply was not strong enough. Perhaps they were judged unready. Most, by now, have filtered back into the city, back into the mundane world, but Casey remained. She could not be certain why; it wasn't out of faith. For her, the priesthood had been an escape from poverty, an escape from her former life, one where she was judged... poorly, shall we say, by her peers.

So she remains in the Temple, dreading the day when Tamora's city officials come and claim the beautiful palace for their own use, throwing her back out onto the streets. She would pray, but she knows not who to pray to. She is lost, in a way that most people will never have to understand, and it scares her. She has always been different, and now she is even more alone than she had been once before.

And it is those differences that well up in the forefront of her mind when Terminus appears to her, and makes her his offer.

Traits:
Resilient [+2]: Casey has been through a lot in her relatively brief life. She has been poor, she has gone hungry, she has experienced no shortage of prejudice and fear simply for being who and what she is. She remains unbowed. Even now, homeless and hiding in a dusty corner of a vast temple to a forgotten Goddess, Casey is scared, she is hungry, she is nervous... but she is not beaten. She still has hope. She still has a sense of herself. Her faith in Gods might be weak, but her faith in herself is vast.
Empathic [+2]: Sometimes, if a person is lucky, they find someone to whom they feel connected, and that person's joy brings them joy, and that person's pain stabs at their heart, and that person's happiness becomes paramount. Casey is one of those rare souls who feels that way, not about one specific beloved person, but about almost everyone. She draws strength from these connections, draws fortitude from them.
Magically Talented [+2]: While having no formal training in magic, Casey has a natural aptitude for it; the priestesses, before they were drawn away by the Goddess, often remarked that she would make a fine healer someday, serving as a conduit for the Goddess' power. Well, the Goddess is no more, but that same aptitude that would have let her channel divine magical power will let her channel otherwise natural magic with ease. She is no wizardess - what few tricks she has might be termed 'cantrips' by the more knowledgeable - but she has a knack for spellcraft and picks up on magic easily. This occasionally (OOC: read as 'at the GM's discretion') allows her particular insight into people or places or things that have been touched by magic.
Lithe [+2]: It was not Casey's talent for magic that drew the attention of the Goddess' priesthood, however; it was her dancing. Casey is a fantastic dancer, and in the arts-obsessed city of Tamora, this is a highly-prized skill.

Drawbacks:
Non-Binary [-2]: Casey is a transwoman, assigned male at birth but identifying and presenting as female. While Casey herself would never view this as a drawback of any sort, it must be admitted that there are a lot of people in the world who view her as somehow unnatural as a result (in the not-unlikely event that this game world includes sufficient magic to allow for the magical equivalent of surgery, note simply that Casey's family was pretty poor and she could never afford such treatment). Her appearance could be described as androgynous at best; clothes and makeup can only go so far.
Non-Confrontational [-2]: Casey's natural inclination, when faced with conflict, is to talk things out, negotiate, come to a compromise. Should that fail, she simply isn't very good at other alternatives. She will try to talk a person out of something for days, but she has a very hard time saying "well, okay, fine, then I guess we'll have to fight." It's not that she's a shrinking violet - she doesn't surrender easily. She just has a hard time being more forceful than raising her voice.

Casey's Wish: "What do I most desire? ...Freedom. Freedom to be who I am and what I am. Other people don't have to like it, but they should damned well accept it. Can you give me that, then?"




Edited as per discussions in IRC

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Karla - The Dream


On her bed roll Karla had yet another restless night. Dreams had been very uncommon as of late, her only companion the darkness inside of her. Always there, always watching. When the only god left in the world appeared before her she finally experienced silence. The peace was brief but welcome. Terminus it called itself. When he had finished speaking Karla could hear his wisdom but also feel the terrible burden within each of his words.

'In a place there is a ruined temple on the far coast, a long journey across the mountains towards the setting sun. In this lost temple there is a fountain whose waters contain natural healing properties. Bathe in its waters and eat of the fruit that grows from it and you shall gain its healing powers.'

Karla knew this choice felt right to her and as she made it the dream began to fade. Lonliness began to creep in as Terminus turned his back and began to recede. Karla shouted after him, "Are there others, if so who are they?"

The answer brought her awake. Wakefulness brought direction, and with it a new sense of purpose.


Asking if there are others Terminus has chosen and who. Choosing the lost temple.



I am Communist posted:

Karla
A heartfelt Wish: For love and belonging, peace or an answer(?) to her savage curse

Traits:
Heart of the Mountain <Strong [+2]>
Breath of the Wind <Fleet [+2]>
Eye of the Sun <Perceptive [+2]>
Soul of the Beast <Animal Empathy[+2]>

Drawbacks:
Emotional lycanthropy <Cursed [-2]>
<Protective [-2]>

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Sasha

"A dream eh, boss?", remarked the ogre warrior, leaning on his club, "Have ta say, a rather fanciful endeavor, even for ye."

"Oi shut yer trap, Dirk", Sasha responded with a little laugh, "Everyone knows ol' Terminus won the godscuffle so it makes sense for 'im to go around on a lil' roadtrip, pestering mortals. Besides, 'ave I ever lead ye astray?"

"Well as a matter o' fact," Dirk started counting with his fingers, "There was that one time with that northern abbey, with the now extinct 'holy order' o' paladins that we didn't know about, that one time in the elfwood..." a small mutter of agreement bubbled within the gathered warriors.

Sasha waved her hand dismissively, "Bah, that wasn't the point you ol' oaf. Surprise is the spice o' life after all. No, the point is, did ye get paid after every one o' those scuffles? Did ye find yerself a pouch o' gold, a barrel o' alcholic beverage o' highly variable quality, and one great story richer, after every single one o' those?" The mutter, still there, became more excited in tone, grunts of affirmation punctuating the low babble. Dirk, for his part, was silent for a while, before letting loose a loud laugh. "HAH! I suppose we did, didn't we boss. So, what ye got fer us?"

"Right", Sasha rolled a world map and a navigation chart onto the table. "First o' all, I think there's two things we can straight up discard 'ere. First, some thing that lets us animate weapons", Dirk raised an eyebrow, "What's the point o' animated weapons? Weapons that fight fer ye just take away the second fun part o' fighting, which is the fighting." Sasha nodded, "Oi, that's why we're discardin' it. The second is some thing that, if I understand it all correct like, would let us burrow into the earth like worms? Which honestly I'm not that big about." Sasha let her gaze wander over the gathered, and saw them shaking heir heads in agreement. She nodded.

"So, that leaves us with two options, ey? Some divine gift over metals o' the Earth, or just straight up god-strength." Dirk considered the choices, "Oi, ogres are plenty strong already. The metal thing sounds pretty neat, on the other hand."

"Ye I suppose, but it is god-strength. An' I ask, why rely on some gimmick when we can just get more o' what makes us great in the first place, ay?" More murmurs of agreement, and a nod from Dirk.

"That settles it, I suppose", Sasha remarked with a final nod, "Weird god-fruit it is!"

Happy about getting this all over with, Sasha had a servant bring her a frankly oversized tankard of the local specialty. She gazed on it for a bit, as if in thought, recalling her dream once again.

~~~~Dreamland flashback~~~~

Sasha raised an eyebrow at the strange voice.
"Oi, that all sounds real neat an' all, but how about pointing us towards the best tavern in the land fer us to visit after all o' this is done regardless o' what I end up doing, ey?"

Theantero posted:


Sasha Snowdrake
"I like need a title or somethin'? *Snort* Ay okay, how 'bout 'That pretty ogre lady?'"

Background and description:
Subtle as a hammer to the face and just as pretty, ogres are (allegedly!) half-demonic beings that fare from the volcanic mountain ranges of the western archipelago, known mainly for their legendarily monstrous strength, gluttonous tendencies and their propensity for marauding locals to feed said tendencies. In this Sasha is no different. She too enjoys fights, both the part where you get to whack people and also the part where you take their stuff afterwards. On the other hand, she also recognizes that getting hired to do that is doubly good because you basically get paid twice, with both the payment and the loot. And as it turns out, the chaos caused by the God War has left the World with many opportunities for an ogre warlord turned mercenary, both in prospective employers and the number of parties to crash. For whilst ogres have historically been viewed with animosity due to their aggressive nature, old disagreements quickly fade when extra muscle is needed in the tumultuous power struggles of the day...

Of course, Sasha does not personally really care for the machinations of nobles, and in fact views their trickery with great disdain. Notably carefree and even strangely affable of attitude (well, as long as it isn't your property that is being smashed), she is content to traverse the lands, lending her considerable aptitude to whoever offers the best pay/raiding opportunities/booze. And really, why wouldn't she? She and her troupe (and their beautiful Ogrish Wavecutter, Ol' Snaggletooth) just want to have a good time, in the way that only ogres know how. The rest of of the World can do whatever it wants to, really, as long as she has a face to punch and a keg to down at the end of the day.

Traits:
Strong [+2]: Among all the creatures that walk upon the earth on two legs or four or more, the strength of ogres is legendary. And amongst ogres, few quite so embody this singular claim to fame as well as Sasha does. Sure, perhaps she lacks technique. Perhaps she lacks finesse. But at some point, you're just so tough that style stops mattering.
Warlord [+2]: A warlord and mercenary captain, Sasha has a lot of experience both in leading troops and keeping them in the proper shape and proper mood for fighting. And indeed, many an enemy that has confused her rough and carefree manner for simplicity has later cursed their folly after finding themselves outmaneuvered on the field of battle. However, she is very much a mercenary captain and hands-on leader, and less of a grand strategist.
Resilient [+2]: Ogres are not just very resistant to elements, but also seem to exhibit a natural aura of antimagic, which when honed to a fine edge like Sasha has, can be a potent force indeed. This is helpful since they consider most forms of magic, (especially the non-elemental and non-direct battlemagic varieties) to be cowardly to the extreme, and mages thus are some of their favourite punching bags/wedgie targets. Also probably the one thing that has kept their raiding fleets from being sunk by fireballs. Less of use with most of the gods gone, but a solid trump card nonetheless.
Affable [+2]: Sasha, regardless of her violent ways, has a carefree and friendly sort of attitude that manages to endear her to many. Especially the sort of folk who would be already willing to accept mercenary work or trawl the depths of god forsaken dungeons for the faint promise of loot and booze.
Beautiful [+2]: By beating up an angel of beauty in a DREAM BATTLE, Sasha has become quite the looker herself.

Drawbacks:
Ogre's honour [-2]: Sasha, and indeed ogres in general, are often thought of as cruel and capricious creatures, what with their terrorizing of the less fortunate. However, whilst they take loot and occasionally servants, and are notably rough of manners, they are surprisingly proud creatures and do adhere to a certain sense of honour almost religiously. They will not tell lies (and calling one a liar is a quick way to get your teeth kicked in), and are surprisingly 'fair', refusing to slaughter the helpless. Many folktales tell of clever farmboys challenging ogres to competitions and tricking the creatures, and whilst the stories of their stupidity are not based on reality, it is a fact that ogres are often willing to compete instead of fight (within reason and within areas they believe themselves to excel at, like feats of strength or drinking) when challenged in good faith, and will often even gimp themselves to prove their superiority. This is something that can be taken advantage of if you're clever, but you better be REALLY clever because if they sense trickery or attempts to abuse their goodwill, they will promptly stomp your rear end with extreme prejudice.
Terror of the seas [-2]: Even though Ogres have for the most part discarded raiding for mercenary work, they are a disunified lot and some of them have not adapted to the newer ways of thinking. Marauding parties and piracy are thus a fairly common occurrence still. Suffice it to say, an approaching ogre is usually viewed with some suspicion by locals.

Wish:
"Oi, can't really say I've been approached by a God before, hah! Usually tend to not bother with ye lot since it tends ta lead to a life of a whole lot o' book scribblin', sobriety and celibacy and no offense but that ain't really my thing. Pretty much the opposite now that I think o' it actually. But hey, I've never said no to a lucrative job, and a singularly reignin' deity like yerself ought to have some treasures worth bashin' some creature or two over."

Theantero fucked around with this message at Oct 20, 2017 around 11:40

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Moonrat



The Storm had raged for nearly two weeks. Moonrat wasn't certain the heavens and the earth themselves were not trying to shake free of their moorings. In spite of this, he had seized the opportunity as best he could. Provided the world did not end, great change of some sort was coming. What form it would take he could not begin to guess but he would be ready to take advantage of it. His gear was packed and he had a route planned out for whatever direction he might choose to go in this land. Now, all that remained was a sign.

He got one.

He could not remember the details. He had never been one to recall his dreams with any clarity. But the crux of the matter lay etched on his heart. There had been a crushing sense of absoluteness in it that made it clear this was no trick of his sleeping mind. And the being he saw had laid out paths for him, but that was all. The choice, ultimately, was his alone. Only one thing troubled him in that space beyond space....

In all of Moonrat's years, there was one overriding law that governed all creation: There was no such thing as a free lunch. Altruism did not really exist. A king was just to his subjects to avoid sedition and revolution. A merchant was generous because it improved his reputation. Even the most pious of holy men did what they did out of selfish motives. Feeding and clothing the poor, healing the sick? There was always an expectation of reward from their god, either in this life or the next. This Terminus, whoever or whatever it was, would be no different. The universe turned upon the axis of enlightened self-interest. Moonrat himself was certainly no exception. All that he did was to improve his lot in life. And this chance to reforge his people's pride? What couldn't the savior of the ratlings ask for and be denied?

As the dream-being that called itself Terminus laid out its offer, Moonrat had only one question.

"What's in it for you?"

As the dream faded and Moonrat came back to himself in the rafters of a flooded church, he knew his decision. The ogres were as close as anyone could be to allies of the ratfolk. And if one existed that could raise them up and teach them to war against their enemies on equal footing, he would find them. They would seize their own destiny, without the aid of monsters or plagues or tall-folk.

Shardix posted:

A Wish:
A home for my people, free from our enemies.


Traits:
Thief [+2]
Handsome [+2]
Ruthless [+2]
Nimble [+2]


Drawbacks:
Arrogant [-2]
Kleptomaniac [-2]

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker

Elias

In the lucid dreamscape, the Autarch of Aubrecht rested his misshapen chin upon steepled fingers and looked toward the last of the gods sternly, weighing up the options Terminus had set before him. Each had their merits, and he could see the way each could be used to further the path towards a perpetual dynasty. It was not wholly clear if each path was mutually exclusive or if more options would open up afterward, but each merited due consideration.

Firstly, treating with a long-dead kinsman in a tomb for a church-damned secret that could lead to enduring epochs as a mountain did. Despite appearances, Elias was no lackwit, and it seemed the combination of all those factors pointed at something between living and death, perhaps something to which his antecedent Castier was party to. Was that a line he was willing to cross? Much depended on what that might mean for his descendants. The other consideration was his own physical deficiencies, a matter of which he was acutely aware. To persist as a mountain persisted, as he was now, was not as tempting as it might look at first blush.

Onto the second proffered path, the lost alchemical potion promising the strength of a dozen warriors. To him, the strength of twelve soldiers under his command was in their training together so that the benefit of ther superior weapons and equipment might be multiplied. One with the strength of twelve introduced a single point of failure, either in their removal or, oaths forfend, in their betrayal. He considered what it might mean for him I he partook, but commanding a battle required perspective unavailable on the front lines, and turning himself into a juggernaut of battle but not utilizing that seemed suboptimal. Nonetheless, a thought occurred to him: It is not just warriors who need strength, and not all life or death struggles take plac on the battlefield. This prompted him to ask of Terminus,

"About this strength potion. My wife, our unborn child, would it help them to survive and thrive, with my heir hale and hearty and my spouse able to bear more?"

The third choice, now there was an offer. Being able to look within the hearts of the various sentient kinds, to see the tangled webs of want and need and desire that ensnared them, and manipulate those bonds as a puppeteer makes a marionette dance. That had applications both in the immediate present and in setting up a favorable future for his heirs. Indeed, if it was the case that these choices did not exclude one another, there was plenty of utility to be had down the other paths with this. So, to the black water shrine was his first option.

Finally, the dwarves and a new metal they did not yet know how to use. A trade delegation was in order, either to claim it or to pact with them so both would benefit from this. The dwarves were no strangers to Aubrecht: Common bonds of mining meant that any progress that could save lives at the work face was keenly sought and fairly traded. Indeed, giving the role delving deep had played in his own family's ascent, there was a certain neatness to returning to it here. But again, how much more smoothly might those negotiations go with insight into their hearts desire? The priority was clear.

*****

Elias awoke, and swiftly took up paper from his bedside table to record the words and directions of Terminus in his crabbed and ciphered hand. Once done, he turned over, fondly regarding the slumbering form of his wife Eliasette, much his feminine physical equivalent if not for the still-small belly which even now she protectively cradled. It was true their marriage had been arranged to continue the purity of the Ponsonby-Welm line, but the years of working alongside his cousin as partner and helpmeet had forged genuine bonds of affection and absolute trust to cement that marital tie. When she awoke, he would share with her Terminus' visitation, for it would be on her shoulders to take up the regency whilst he led a retinue out on a ranging.

AJ_Impy posted:

Name: Elias Ponsonby-Welm of the Aubrecht Ponsonby-Welms, the fifth of his name, Autarch of Aubrecht and the surrounding demesne
Picture:


Description: A dapper gentleman dressed in the finest of brocaded silks and trimmed linens, the chain of the Autarchy rests snugly on his slightly misshapen shoulders and a bejewelled longsword hands slightly awkwardly upon his hip. He could be called 'Dashing', handsome' or 'distinguished' by a truly consummate liar, but in truth his features have suffered due to the Ponsonby-Welm predilection for 'keeping the bloodline pure'. As a consequence, Elias sadly has far fewer antecedents than would be considered usual, and a very distinctive look combining the most prominent traits of his ancestors with, and there is no way to put this delicately, themselves.

Background: Born as the sole surviving offspring of Autarch Elias IV Ponsonby-Welm of the Aubrecht Ponsonby-Welms and Eliasina Ponsonby-Welm of the Aubrecht Ponsonby-Welms née Ponsonby-Welm of the Chattridge Ponsonby-Welms, Elias V was raised in luxury, his every whim and foible catered to by the extensive staff and servants of the Autarchal palace. You might think this could cause a child to be spoilt and arbitrary, but since that would constitute an offence of Lèse-majesté which would be vigorously prosecuted, obviously it wasn't the case. Trained in a classical, broad education and in how to handle a sword, there is not one man or woman in the Autarchy of Aubrecht that would openly criticise his rule.

It is said to his face and in his presence that he is a wise and considerate lord, who guides the ship of state with a gentle but firm hand. He is wedded to his first cousin, Eliasette P-WotAP-W, who is presently in the family way. Never particularly devout, it was something of a surprise when the God, Terminus, appeared to him in a vision (Of course he did, Sire, you are as ever correct.) with words of guidance and revelation. So it was that the Autarch prepared to venture out and do what was necessary to secure the future...

Wish: To be the patriarch of a dynasty that will rule the world for ten thousand years.

Traits:

Leader +2: Born into wealth and privilege, inheritor of a prosperous if rather bijou nation-state, Elias V can call upon the advantages of his position pretty much at a whim, provided he is either in or near Aubrecht or has a loyal retinue of Aubrechtian retainers handy to carry out his will.

Educated +2: Fortuitously, Elias' tutors were gifted with perseverance, and managed to hammer into their charge a very solid grounding in literacy, languages, mathematics, statecraft, history and culture. Even his master-at-arms had a decent crack at making him capable of defending himself.

Stylish +2: Despite his rather unfortunate looks, Elias is something of a trend-setter, and has mastered the art of dressing to make an impact for almost any social situation. In some cases, this can even compensate for his appearance, personality and demeanour.

Shrewd +2: Beneath that rather ugly and misshapen exterior lies an equally ugly and misshapen interior, but one which does actually have a rather swift and able mind. He endeavours to play up his appearance to seem dimmer or slower-witted, but there's a razor lurking behind that carefully cultivated false layer of rust.

Drawbacks:

Frail -2: A consequence of having an unbranching family twig rather than a family tree. Thus, Elias' health is not the best, he is physically defective in a number of ways, and there are concerns about his ability to produce healthy heirs or live long enough to do so.

Abrasive -2: As an arbitrary, spoilt man prone to indiscipline, he does tend to rub people entirely the wrong way, and has a tendency to be thoroughly unpleasant and thoughtless. He has no concept of how the poors live, nor does he care to acquire one.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at Jan 1, 2017 around 22:01

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Dragomir

As the dream came to an end, Drago came to a rude awakening, having tossed and turned out of bed. He had not expected an actual answer from the man in his dreams, this ‘Terminus.’ Or should he say, answers, as there were indeed multiple. Even the question the lizardman had hastily called out was answered.

“Wait, dream man,” he had shouted, his thoughts lingering on the library Terminus spoke of, “Knowledge is of no use if Drago goes mad gaining it. How then might this tome be read without breaking Drago’s mind?

The lizardman stood up and dusted himself off as he ruminated over the events of the dream, his tail whipping excitedly back and forth. As enjoyable as his time in Lho-Rhydia had been, for the most part anyways, it seemed there was much for him to gain by venturing out into the world. Dwarven stones, elven legends, and powers of the mind… so much to learn, so much to do! Feeling more cheerful than he had in quite some time, Drago hummed to himself as he packed for the journey ahead.

TheFireMagi posted:


Dragomir aka Drago

Traits
Inquisitive [+2]
Resourceful [+2]
Easy-Going [+2]
Resolute [+2]

Drawbacks
Naivete [-2]
Clumsy [-2]

Wish
"Desire, dream man? Drago desires to know how all things in this world work. For example, why is it that the yawning of one man causes the yawning of another? It is most puzzling to Drago, and would be very much welcome if you could answer, dream man.”

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at Jan 1, 2017 around 22:30

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE


John Garde

The entire city was in chaos, the panic of watching the sky burn and the earth tear itself asunder causing the city to boil over into riots as even the guard was left paralyzed by the apparent end of all existence. John was home, in his small apartment, most people who weren't out in the chaos were, waiting for the end to come. When it doesn't, he's left as confused as all the rest. Then this voice from the heavens makes it's offer and he pauses for a moment, unsure what to think, then he screws up his courage and asks, "Why would a dragon help some nobody like me?"

---

Valhawk posted:

John Garde



---
City of Lustrium



---


Lustrium City Guard
CONFIDENTIAL
Personnel Review: Guardsman John Garde
Guardsman Garde has been with the force for nearing on ten years. Ten years of barely passable work, with just enough busts to keep him on the rolls. Perhaps the most remarkable thing about him is the fact that he’s managed to survive some of the escapades he’s gotten involved in. He seems able to take more physical abuse than more other men. In truth though, Guardsman Garde’s biggest failing is a lack of confidence that causes what would otherwise be minorly bad luck to become disastrous far too often. When he can be truly engaged in a case, Garde shows remarkable tenacity, putting in the hard work chasing down every lead and more often than not putting together patterns of fact other investigators miss. However, getting Garde to sink his teeth into a case is rare, his lack of confidence suppresses his natural tenacity and leaves him easy for other guards and even the criminal element to roll right over. It might be said he has potential, but its clear after a even a decade of seasoning that the promise of that potential will never be fulfilled.

Still, he’s on the streets, hard to kill, and as far as I can tell squeaky clean. Though that might be due to the fact I’m not certain he’s ever been offered a chance to wet his own beak than any particular devotion to duty or the law. He’s simply neither important enough or talented enough to be worth buying, as far as I can tell. Regardless of the reasons, we can never use enough honest men on the street, and most of his disasters tend to fall on himself more often than the station, no matter what nickname he might have earned.

Recommendation: Guardsman Garde should be kept on his current assignment, but should not be included on any sensitive or high profile cases. Consideration for promotion not recommended.

---

Lying on his bed, in his tiny one room apartment, John read over the document. He knew he shouldn’t have it, but the fact that it had been left on his desk had clearly not been an accident. No doubt one of his coworkers had put it there to have a laugh at his expense. However, try as he might he couldn’t really deny any of it, and that just pissed him off even more. He didn’t need a report to tell him his life was going nowhere fast. Lustrium was a big city, one of the biggest in the world, it’s crystal spires visible from miles in every way sparkled in the night and it was crisscrossed with sapphire blue canals bustling with trade. A big city like that will all its trade and wealth and poverty attracted a criminal element. The Lustrium Guard was the world’s largest and most developed police force, the envy of the world. The tales of heroism and skill were what had drawn John to the city.

Now here he was a decade later and he had nothing to show for it. He had quickly become disenchanted, saw that this was like any other job and endless grind as the wellborn, the lucky, and the bold skated by. For someone like him who was none of those things, it was an endless path to nowhere. He was just as broke as when he started, and he’d known his career with the guard was a dead end long before he had illicit official confirmation of that fact. He had no friends, no wealth, no respect, and no prospects. It ground his gears, what had he done to deserve this, it wasn’t his fault that bad luck followed him wherever he went, that the crucial break in the case never showed up, that the gang members managed to mistake him for some other guard’s informant and beat the poo poo out of him. Nothing ever went his way, and he was tired of it, he was tired of his life, he wanted out, no matter what form that might take.

So when the voice of Terminus called down from the heavens he didn’t quite believe it. He almost ignored it, but looking at the report one more time he figured even if it was nothing more than a hallucination he had nothing left to lose, and the anger and resentment built up from decade of broken dreams, of stalled ambitions, of wasted years bubbled to the surface like a volcanic eruption as he screamed at the top of his lungs:

“I want power, enough power so that no one will ever try to beat me up or intimidate me again! Enough that all those who thought I was nothing will come begging to me! Enough to let me take whatever I want from life!”

The moment passes, and John is left panting like he’d just run a marathon, the blood pounding in his ears like a drum beat. He is mortified at the realization of the fact that he had just screamed as loud as possible in his shoebox of an apartment, no doubt everyone in the build heard him, but before the humiliation and realizes just how foolish he must seem, wondering if he’s losing his grip on his sanity when the voice responds.


Traits
City Guard[+2] - John has been a member of the guard in the city of Lustrim for ten long years. He’s not particularly talented at it, but he’s been around long enough to pick some things up. Just enough swordsmanship to defend himself, how to wear and maintain armor with only a bit , a bit about keeping your eyes open and looking for things others might miss, a bit of knowledge of how criminals work. Good enough to keep him from being fired, not enough to make him actually valuable.

Hardy[+2] - You don’t survive being a city guard with abominable luck without being hard to kill. Falling debris, beatings by gangs, the occasional stab wound, you name it, John has been there and back again. Living through all of that has toughened him up enough to take a punch without too much trouble.

Easy to Miss[+2] - John is easy to miss in a crowd, or in the office. A combination of an almost generically average appearance and lots of practice at hiding away when the captain was handing out the tough assignments has given him some skill at not being noticed when he doesn’t want to be, and even sometimes when he does.

Stubborn[+2] - John’s one truly good quality, once he sets his mind to something he sticks to it. It’s the main reason he’s made it this far in life.

Drawback
Bad Luck[-2] - John’s bad luck is something of a legend in the guardhouse. If something can be expected to go against him, it usually does, if he’s in need of a particularly lucky break you can bet it won’t appear. In truth, John’s bad luck is not as bad as he and those around him think it is though having no less than two pianos fall on him over the years suggests it can get pretty drat bad at times. Really, John’s lack of confidence and all around middling talent manage to close doors that should be open, and turn what should be minor setbacks into spectacular disasters. It is said you make your own luck, and that is something John is really unsuited to do at the moment.

Sort of a Doormat[-2] - Things haven’t been easy for John, and when the world keeps crushing you beneath its weight, you eventually just stop trying to fight back. Whether it’s from a lack of confidence or just a survival mechanism, John is easy to bowl over socially. He has a hard time sticking up for himself, preferring to just defer and avoid conflict. The long and short of it is that except when he’s off on one of his tears, he’s not hard to intimidate or cajole.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Galain

As the different possibilities exposed themselves, Galain's sleeping mind nonetheless raced. To change others into his like was not what he wished, because he detested serving, and there were plenty of people around with the same preference, if not the same skill. To rule the darkness in people's hearts was more useful, but would also mean he would be pressured to surround himself with corrupted and wicked people if he wished to use the power over them, and that is not what he wished. So there was a very definite, very attractive power, but who knew which city it might be in, or a much more vague power very close, if only he could find a dragon, or its corpse. In the end, after some moments of consideration, practical concerns won out. He would be hard pressed to just leave his fief for very long quests, based only on a dream.

"Tell me then. If I am to face dragons. What are their weaknesses?" A dragon would not be an easy thing to rule over. The legends were full of their power. Power that Galain would love to wield, but to do so he'd have to either make an agreement with them, or kill them. And if he did not want to end up serving a dragon instead of a king, he should deal from strength.

Later, as he woke, he got up. Quickly, he gathered a quill and his journal, committing the dream and the details to it to make sure nothing would be forgotten. After that, he returned to his regular morning routine. Washing, breakfast, dealing with any potential pressing matters of state, morning exercise drills and washing up. Then he would return to this business. This not simply a dream. This was a one time chance. A gift from the gods it would be, if they had not killed themselves. A one time chance any case. It would behoove him to handle it measured, calm and with deliberation. He gathered maps of the mountains near his home, checking for all the little hamlets and villages that might be close to the mines where old rumors of dragons might still be around.

Shogeton posted:

Count Galain of Larburry



The county of Lanburry is but a single county in the duchy of Lirdas, within the kingdom of Vandalor. A somewhat prosperous and prestigious kingdom known for their faith in the now dead or silent god Mardalus, god of chivalry and honor. The county was rich in iron, and many of the finest knights of the kingdom wore armor made of Lanburry steel. But the foundries and blacksmiths and the rather remote position, near the northern mountains where the winters were harsh and the summers cool made it an unloved land by others. Still, they were ever dutiful, and Galain's father, a knight dutifully marched to war carrying the family blade to fight for their god against the nearby elves, who fought for their gods.

Men died. Elves died. Gods died. And Galain's father died. The blade was returned, along with some words of thanks from the aging king, who thanked Gawain for his father's service and sacrifice, and how he was an example, and how he had the full faith his son would continue the family's proud heritage of service. And Galain looked at his county, having given so many to a king that had fought so long, and for nothing. For the demands of gods that did little to improve it. His father and mother, both caring greatly for him, had gotten him the best tutors in stewardship and military, and Galain had surpassed expectations, excelling in many of them. And now, having attained his title at the same age as his full adulthood, he felt nothing but scorn for those who would rule him.

He could do better. He could do so much better. And the more he read about other people, the more he was frustrated with how much better it could all be if he ran things. And so, one day when Terminus appeared before him to ask for a wish. It was without glee or shame that he clearly spoke.

"I wish to rule the world."

Knight +2 While he does not worship the fallen god of chivalry, Count Galain IS a knight, with all the skill in warfare and strength of body that that entails.

Controlling +2 Galain believes he is best suited for command, and both in his personal behavior and his ruling style does not appreciate the slightest resistance to his commands.He is not cruel in his authority, and is prepared to listen to advisers, but he does not wish to be beholden to any more authority of other entities than he can get away with. He has trained to be good at commanding others though, both in inspiring some loyalty and competence, as using 'the right person for the right job'

Meticulous +2 In war and peace, Galain is not one for impulsive action and putting it all on the roll of the dice. No, information is gathered, risks are estimated, a plan is formed, preparations are made, back up plans are made for contingencies, and then, ideally everything comes together in singular purpose. While he's not completely useless when things go wildly unexpected, it both angers him, and makes sure he's off his best game.

Ambitious +2 Galain has always striven to be the best. Not just the best he can be. The best. His conviction that he's the person most talented and skilled to lead the post-god world drives his ambition. While he dutifully will work to maintain and improve what he has, when he can expand it, and make his former peers and superiors bow to his rule, the fire in his eyes lits and he is driven to excell.

Drawbacks

Uncultured -2 While he can read and do numbers, few were the poets that traveled all the way to Lanburry, and Galain never made time for them. The only music he knows are marching songs. His idea of fancy dress is a slightly gilded set of plate armor. And while he does invest in the sciences, they'd better be delivering him things to see concrete results rather than 'the advancement of knowledge' or they'll be out on their rear end in a hurry.

Domineering -2 Galain isn't so vain that he needs to surround himself with sycophants, but he prefers to surround himself with those who are clearly under his command, and any criticism he insists is delivered respectfully. When he has to deal with emissaries from his liege lord or his king, his teeth grind. He has plans on how to make the world better, and being faced with people he can't command to follow that plan frustrates and annoys him. So while an able steward and commander, he's not always the best diplomat.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010


Victor

It was a dream. It was certainly a dream. That was clear. But his dreams weren't usually that specific. And what this Terminus said had the ring of truth to it. Not that Terminus was telling the truth, necessarily, or at least the whole truth, but that this was a real thing, and not just a seeming. But, Victor lived by a few basic principles, and two of them were, "Nobody does anything for free.", and, "If you don't know who the sucker is, it's probably you." So he asks, "Wait. Why are you doing this? Why are you telling me this? What do you get out of it?"

Epicurius posted:

Victor



Name: Victor Talman, aka Dr. Meggore, aka Brother Robert, aka Sir Elias, aka Julius, Duke of Hastard, aka Marcus, aka aka aka......

The world is full of fools. Victor learned that very young from his father. His father was a "good" man. He worked hard. He was generous to his friends and neighbors. He also died poor, taken advantage of by those who could. Victor swore he wouldn't be like his father. He swore that he'd be a success, and that he'd never be taken advantage of.

So, after his father's death, Victor made his way to Haven's Reach. Haven's Reach was a major city. On the mighty Vielle River, it had become a center for trade and commerce, and dominated the area. The trade brought wealth, but the wealth brought a seedy underbelly as parasites came to feed off the wealth of the city. Pickpockets, burglars and smugglers all came to the area, but the place was disorganized, and the city became the home of rival gangs of thieves and black marketeers. This was inefficient. The thieves spent more time fighting amongst themselves than they did working. More, it brought visibility, as the rising violence came to the attention of the city authorities. That was when Balsten Terir stepped in. Terir was the head of one of the many gangs in the city, and he saw that all this fighting would do nothing but destroy them. He brought the gangs together in an alliance, brutally dealing with those gangs that wouldn't fall inline. It wasn't long before Balsten was the king of the underworld of Haven's Reach. Even though he was assassinated about five years later, the institution he built lived on.

This had all happened about a hundred years prior to Victor's arrival at Haven's Reach, and he found himself a place in the organization. Not for him crude violence of a stickup man, or scrambling around in the darkness like a second story man, or the skulking of a pickpocket. Victor soon learned that anyone could steal. The mark of true success was when you convinced someone to give you what you wanted. So Victor ran scams. Big ones, small ones, long ones, short ones. He learned that people would believe what they wanted to believe, even if it wasn't true; and that ignorance, greed, and pride were the best allies a man could have when separating someone else from their money. So Victor runs his cons, kicks a little bit of the winnings upstairs, and is free with the rest. But he still hopes, one day, he'll find the biggest con of all; something that will keep him rich for the rest of his life.

Wish: Wealth! Luxury! It's just unjust that there are so many fools out there who have money, while Victor doesn't. One of these days, he'll come upon the big score, the long con, and be able to live the life he deserves.

Traits: (Select 4)

Cunning +2 Victor's quick on his feet. He can lie and be believed, he's good at sizing people up, figuring out when he's in danger and not, and also good at getting out of there before the hammer comes down.

Charm +2 Victor can talk the bark off a tree. That's what he does. His whole career is based on convincing others that he's trustworthy, that he can help you, that he WANTS to help you.

Actor +2 Victor? Who's Victor? That's the famous doctor Meggore, who created that elixir to treat the fever. No, wait, that's Brother Robert, who's raising money for those war orphans. No, wait, that's the Duke of Hastard, who's raising funds to reclaim his kingdom from his wicked brother. No, wait, that's Sir Elias, who's looking for an investor in his new sawmill. Victor is very good at pretending to be who he's not.

Spendthrift +2 Victor enjoys the finer things of life. When he has the money, he splurges, on food, wine, and other luxuries. When he doesn't, he takes another job. He's not good with saving.

Drawbacks: (Select 2)

Unsympathetic -2 Victor is unrestrained by sympathy for others. It doesn't really enter into his calculations. This is not entirely a good thing, but it does free him up to act in ways the more squeamish might not.

Mistrustful -2 One of the drawbacks of lying for a living is that you assume everyone else is lying to you. In Victor's mind, there are marks and there are conmen....those who'll manipulate others and those who will be manipulated. Victor has partners, sometimes, but no friends, and when he has a partner, he only trusts him or her as far as he can see them.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


Casey

"They are but places in the world that hold things you may desire. Some will remain for a thousand years, other may fade tomorrow..."

With that Casey woke up. Tamora was quiet, but this was the dangerous quiet. It was a city in denial, that could not properly process what had just happened. While the storms and fires in heaven had raged, echoed below, people had been scared and cowered. Now that they were done the people of the city were beginning to process what had happened. Once they could deny it no longer, there would be anger and voilence. Casey had a short time before this came to pass, maybe a day or two, but she would need to be just as careful now as once the looting and rioting began in full force.


Karla

"I speak to many, and there will be those that follow. Men and women both noteworthy and common..."

Whether there was more for Terminus to say you would not know, for the dream ended and you awoke to the rising sun. While the past two weeks had been disruptive and difficult to survive in, with the death of many of the madmen from across the sea and the quieting of the heavens life began to return to normal in the plains. Hunting would still be difficult, but you had lived a long time in these plains and seen you share of famine and feast. Now that the world had not ended you could begin to survive again and make plans for the future.


Sasha

The last question is specifically supposed to be as the dream or vision fades, so you would need to put it at the very start of your post. I'll let you change your question if you like then respond.


Moonrat

When Moonrat asked Terminus that question, he felt an intense pressure and hatred. The hatred was not directed at him, the ratling could tell that much, but the sheer fervour of it made him tremble to his very core. When Terminus replied it was more of a hiss than a fading whisper;

"I have cut the life from the gods with my own hands, and now mortals will take their fate into their own. Rule as a king, for if you don't another will..."

You awoke in the dark as you normally did, and remembered what had happened. Looting and chaos had been rife, but that was the looting and chaos of scared and angry men and women. The families had kept their heads low for the guards, at least those that retained their wits and sense of duty, had been on the prowl and out for blood. The storms had caused considerable damage to the poor that had lived down the coast along the harbour, as well as putting many a ship even in harbour on the ocean floor. She-That-Hungers would be looking at opportunities for profit here, and as long as the guards either looked the other way or did not notice scavengers there was a chance for profit to be had. Under martial law however, you would need to be careful whether you assisted with them or followed your own agenda.


Elias

"It will make their bodies strong, and their hearts stronger, but warriors and champions often find little time for children and family..."

Terminus' reply was cryptic in its meaning, but something about it bothered you as you awoke. You had much to do now that the storms and quakes had passed. There had been damage to the demesne, especially where people lived together and that damage had been as much from looters and rioters as from the raging heavens and trembling earth. Not only this, but now with their gods dead the people would need guidance and a new figure of authority to take their place. You had much work to do, and much of it could not be done alone. There was planning to be done and you would need to decide who you could trust in the days ahead.


Dragomir

"Remember that fate is not immutable, and that when men are pieces even the most sure predictions can go awry..."

The question comes as the dream fades, so Dragomir asks this as he wakes up and not just immediately after.

Although Lho-Rhydia had lacked the same fervour and grandeur as the capital, it was still a part of Tamora and thus the death of its gods and goddesses left an awful hole. Where once sure confidence in divine providence had given both divine aid and bolstered hearts and swordarms of its defenders even Dragomir knew that right now an ogre raid would strike them hard. Others would know this, and soon there would be a rush on provisions, armour, weapons and anything that might help them survive for a long time. If Dragomir wanted to get supplies, and leave, he had to make haste before there was nothing left to find and the guard shut the gates to keep order in the city. Many of the ships had fared poorly in the storms as well, so travel by sea was currently no longer an option. Not unless he found a particularly canny captain whose ship and crew had weathered the violent weather.


John

The presence of the dream fading even as John cried out, he heard the faint response come back.

"Despite their claims, Dragons are fond of living and this one has little time left. Remember that it will trade much to stave off death..."

The fifth bell rang out in the night. The bells had not been consistent during the storms in heaven, but it seemed now that things were quiet that some order could be re-established. Your shift would begin in three bells, and you knew it would tire you to the bone and be as dangerous as the last two weeks had been. The looting and rioting seemed to have died down, but you knew that this would mean that the families would begin to act soon. The mafias of criminals that worked in the shadows had wisely kept hidden while the world seemed to end, but now that things were starting to calm down and the remains of the guard would be busy trying to establish the old order again they would probably be able to act freely.


Galain

"A dragon fears death, for with the secrets to their creation currently lost they are a dying breed. They will lie, for they are creatures of deception..."

But the last words were lost to Galain as he awoke. He readied himself for the morning and a servant came in and explained what they had learned. The raging heavens had finally gone quiet, and with the gods dead the now redundant priests sadly assured them that they would remain still. Rioting and looting had been difficult, but Galain had exerted more control and influence over his demesne than in many places. The damage and loss of life was not as severe, although the wounds to the people's hearts had been. You would need to decide what to do to prevent another wave of rioting and despair from starting, people would need a new leader and authority to follow.


Viktor

"Because I would see men guide their own fates, and you might be a figure that steers the course of history of those around you. I care not for what you do, as long as you..."

But whatever it was specifically that Terminus wanted was lost to Viktor waking up. Haven's reach had suffered a lot from the raging river that ran through it, lives and a great deal of wealth had been lost when it had destroyed homes too close to the banks. Ships had been lost as well. But more than this, was the knowledge that the gods were dead. The town was not so far from the edge of the shadowy Mirewoods. The elves there had always been difficult and zealots, although their aggression had often been dealt with by Vandalorian armies and schemes. Who knew how they would react with the death of their gods? If it was anything like the rising disquiet and seeming surety of riots and looting that would come soon to Haven's Reach, Viktor could be sure that it would not bode well for anyone caught up in it.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE


John Garde - Lustrium

There was one good thing about the chaos, John realized as he heard the bells ring. For the moment, the guard had no idea who was alive and who was dead. The riots had been intense, and more than a few guards were cut down, and more than a few people had quietly or not so quietly taken their own lives once they thought the world was coming to an end. If there was ever a time for someone to disappear this would be it. It's not like he really had anything to live for here anyways. Maybe this was all a dream, but after the past few weeks, John was ready to believe a lot of things.

Gathering what few possessions he had, and what little savings he had managed to accrew over the years, John made his way through the town trying to aquire the provisions he'd need for a trip, and making the other preparations he'd need to head west in search of this dragon, and maybe his destiny. One of the plus sides of being a guard, was that he already had a sword and some armor, not to mention you learn where you can buy certain things without raising a lot of attention. Of course, John had always been very good at avoiding attention when he wanted to.

Once he had what he'd need to rough it for a few weeks, he'd quietly slip out of town. He didn't want to take too long, because he knew all too well that after the insanity of the past few weeks that this moment of peace was merely the calm before the storm in Lustrium, and he wanted to be out of sight and out of mind before that storm broke.

John's gonna try to quietly gather the supplies he needs to head out west in search of a dragon. He's trying to avoid as much attention as possible, and let everyone he knows just assume he died during the not-apocalyse.

City Guard[+2] - As a guardsmen, John's been around town long enough to know where to go to find what he needs without costing too much, and without raising too much attention.

Easy to Miss[+2] - John's always been good at blending in, being unmemorable, and he's going to use that to maximum effect to try and get what he needs and get out of town as quietly as possible.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Karla - The Plains

Karla awoke with a start and laughed slightly ruefully, partially in jest at the fickleness of fate. The answer was enough and daylight was wasting. Knowing the location gave her direction but she would need provisions for the journey as she travelled. There would be game and the bounty of the land regardless of the actions of men. Karla broke camp and brought forth her bow after sharpening her hunting knife. She would begin her travels to the lost temple as soon as this task was completed.


Hunting and gathering provisions using: Breath of the Wind <Fleet [+2]>,
Eye of the Sun <Perceptive [+2]>
. Starting the journey to the lost temple.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Moonrat - Lustrium

Quickly patting himself down, Moonrat nodded to himself, reassured. He wasn't one to toss and turn and he'd never met anyone with the skill to rob him in his sleep, but regardless he always made certain he woke with everything he went to sleep with. The vestibule lay silent, as even the parish father had fled the rising waters. It wouldn't be long before they returned, however. The world had failed to end and the storms had ceased. Even now the floor was mostly just damp rather than swimming. As he went about his morning exercise, Moonrat considered his dream. Any other time he might have dismissed it out of hand. The war that had raged, though. Even the most skeptical of people had to admit that while apocalypse may have been averted, momentous events had been and still were in motion. He permitted himself a quiet chuckle. The gray-tails talked omens and portents enough to make one cross-eyed. They'd have a fit to learn he'd been visted himself, and gotten a relatively straight talking too. Nothing cryptic, no flowery words filled with metaphor. Honestly, he kind of had to respect this 'Terminus'. Fate in the hands of mortals...he liked the sound of that.

And you could just bet the elven scum were falling over themselves in a panic. He just wished he could be there to see it.

As he clambered down to the ground, Moonrat went over his priorities. He'd need to speak with the queen, get a crew together. Things the way they were, he was not inclined to go 'venturing without some sharp eyes watching his back. It wasn't likely she'd have spared him the headache and gotten herself drowned. Her warren would be dry as a witch's teats. And if not, somebody was about to die very badly for the oversight. She-That-Hungers might be a barely-there slip of a thing, but no ratling name was purely metaphorical. And you didn't need to pin down your meal personally when you were descended of the King-That-Was.

Slipping out of a window, he blinked against the sun and let his eyes adjust before clambering up a building lickety-split. Things would be very hectic, and he had no desire to be accosted by looters, the panicked masses, or his kindred right now. There was the beginnings of great possibility before him and he'd have nothing spoil his mood until absolutely necessary. The guards especially would be out with a purpose. Likely they'd arrest a ratling just on principle, just cause be damned. And given the mood of things, if he gave them trouble they would simply open him up with a blade and be done with it.

"Rule as a king, for if you don't another will..." Fair enough, Mr. Terminus. The King-That-Is...? Hmm. Maybe not; a bit too blunt. Still, the idea was no less appealing. But that was for another time. The day he could give serious thought to such a trivial matter was the day he won it all.

Moonrat's off to see the Queen and let her know he's found a score. The biggest score.

Nimble [+2] - Hopping from roof to roof will keep the casual eye from ever falling near him.
Thief [+2] - And if they do, he'll be cloaked in concealing eaves and buttresses.

Shardix fucked around with this message at Jan 2, 2017 around 16:18

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker

Elias - Welm Palace, Aubrecht

The argument had smouldered back and forth for a goodly chunk of the morning, but in the end, it was the calmer, wiser counsel of his wife that prevailed. First and foremost they needed to get their own house, their own city, in order and under control, divine message or no. There was little value in going after a dream whilst reality remained in jeopardy. So it was that the council of first families and of consortium heads was summoned forth, and plans laid out to reassert control.

Chief amongst their advantages was a strong starting position: Aubrecht was more secular than devout, though the war in heaven had had its harmful effects down here as much as anywhere. Elias, as Autarch and head of the Ponsonby-Welm family, could call upon both substantial military retinues (personal, national and of his house), as well as those workers indentured to the family-owned consortium. Now was a time for largesse and generosity, handed out (for the hand of the giver was always on top) with ostentatious strength.

So, a show of force in the name of order, but kindness backed by strength. The plan was largely this. Along every major thoroughfare, spiraling outward from the palace at the summit: Marching out the retinues in full livery and with all the pageantry of parade, their armor gleaming and weapons sharp. After their vanguard, craftsmen and workers in stone and glass, to repair damaged storefronts funded by Ponsonby-Welm coin. With no gods to believe in, it was up to mortals to provide inspiration and give hope, so populism and personality were the watchwords of the day, putting Elias in mind and heart as a generous benefactor and caring, controlling overlord.

Special measures were also to be put in place for the priests and temple guards of the now defunct faiths, such as they were in this town of wealth wrought by sweat and enterprise. Sympathy, certainly, and offers of employment in accordance with their skills, a clear path forward from existential despair.

Trying to set in motion plans to secure the situation in Aubrecht before seeking power elsewhere, shoring up the local power base.

Leader +2: Order and stability in Aubrecht is one of the Autarch's primary responsibilities, and showing that he remains in charge and active is an antidote to anarchy.

Stylish +2: Elias knows how to make a splashy, long-lasting impression, and can arrange those under his command to act accordingly. As a chef would say, the first bite is with the eye, and Elias intends this to be a veritable smorgasbord of reassuring strength.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company


Casey

Waking up was hard. Waking up meant putting on her face; waking meant she had to stop being the perfectly feminine being she could be in dreams. She could feel the tension in the city, had for days, and she knew full well how mobs treat someone who is Other. It was going to be worse soon. Still... now she had a goal, a direction to go in, something to do with herself rather than just cower in the Temple.

She needed a boat. If worse came to worst, if only one of Terminus' "offers" remained available to her, if others came and grabbed the other ones before she could, then the power to change others - to help those who might be like her, born with a body that could not match the inner soul, that would be the most important. The elves could help her change herself, but that doesn't make the world stop making GBS threads on people who are different; it only lets her blend in. The illusions, those sound interesting, but they don't change what is, only what people think there is. And she had no interest in being a ghost. So - to sail towards the setting sun it was, then.

The problem is, boats cost money. Crews to sail them - for it's not as though she knows how - cost even more. Luckily, she's standing in the deserted building of the wealthiest temple in a city of immense wealth. Sure, when the rest of the novices fled, they grabbed some coins and candlesticks and such to pay their way to wherever they went, but there's still immense wealth strewn about the place. Casey is just going to have to take some time to pull it all together into one place... and then separate it into several places. She'll take the objects of greatest wealth - which tend to be the hardest ones to transport - and stash them in caches, some hidden in the Temple itself (and there are plenty of hidden places in the Temple, because what self-respecting priesthood doesn't need to hide a few things from the vulgar masses), some - and this will be dangerous - in Tamora, buried in spots she knows see little foot traffic and even less men with shovels. In the slums, most roads have few enough cobblestones; some have none at all (these tend to be the more dangerous parts of town, where paving-stones had long ago been prised up to serve as weaponry or construction material). Plenty of places to hide substantial loot. She will carry on her person only that which can be hidden.

"Right," she declares suddenly, her voice echoing in the empty halls, a note of determination filling the sound. "Let's get to work."



Stripping the Temple of as much wealth as possible while the populace is still too afraid and confused regarding Godly matters to come and loot it themselves. Caching as much of this wealth as possible in hidden locations so no one else comes and swipes it once she's off; she may need it in the future.

Magically Talented [+2]: Casey knows very few magical tricks, but one she does know is one every street kid knows, a simple "don't-look-here" charm based largely in superstition... only for her it actually works. This will be pretty useful when setting up her caches - both to hide herself while moving the treasure, and to hide the treasure once she has it secured. It's not perfect invisibility or anything, but it's better than nothing.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Galain

Ah yes, of course there still were matters of state to arrange with the gods being dead. He couldn't quite go and let his county fall apart, now could he? It was his power base, his responsibility. That last hint for the dragons was.... perhaps not as helpful as he had hoped. Most creatures fear death, but how could he use that fear against them? Well, there were ways. And it wouldn't do to look a gift horse in the mouth. For now, to make sure to add continuity. For one, he had a bunch of people who now had nothing to do. Priests. He summoned several representatives of the priesthood to his throne room. They were, understandably nervous.

"First of all, my condolences on the demise of your patron. I'm sure you must still be in shock. But I'm afraid I am not in the position to grant you respite. People are nervous and worried. And you are somewhat at loose ends. Here is how I will have it done. Your temples, property of your god, deceased with no heirs, will go to the county now, and they will be preserved and guarded by my men. I have no intention of simply throwing you out though. I want continuity. For that, I envision a new role for you. You can remain teachers. But rather than teaching about your god, you will strive to bring values to the population. Diligence. Loyalty. Lawfulness. Order. Peace. These things are immortal. You will do so in service of the county, along with your other services for the wellbeing of the community in and you will answer to me. In that way, you will continue to have a purpose in life, and the county will be grateful for your aid."

"I have no intention of forcing any of you into this at this time. But do keep into account that the former temples will be for that purpose. If you cannot serve in that way, you will need to find another vocation. And, on a relatively short term, a new home. I look forward to hearing your proposals for the contents of your services, and rest assured that I will strive to attend some of them myself."

Trying to take the now defunct clergy and change them into teachers of values that Galain would want, but very much tie them to him.I'd like to use Both Controlling +2 and Ambitious +2 for this.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Dragomir - Lho-Rhydia

With his assortment of basic tools stored away, Drago gathered up what little coin he had left and set out from Warehouse Nine. Even to his somewhat distant mind, the frantic atmosphere of the port city was easily noticeable, and he found his cheerful mood dampening slightly. Not one to let things bother him for long, however, the lizardman quickly turned his attention to what else needed to be done.

There were supplies, of course. Food and water were necessities for all creatures. Just how much he would need, on the other hand, Drago was far from certain. It wasn’t as if he had travelled such distances often. Or ever, really. He didn’t have much coin to spend on such supplies either, though he was frankly used to that part. It was why he kept track of which stores had the lowest prices for which goods, as well as which stores were closest to one another so that he had to make as few trips as possible. Yes, supplies he could handle, at least so Drago thought.

The real question was how he should leave the city. By land, or by sea? Glancing at the docks as he passed by, it didn’t look as if there were any ships remaining. Yet to cross the mountains on foot would take… quite some time, presumably. While most might be worried about the dangers of taking such a journey alone, Drago’s concern was reaching this buried library as fast as possible so he might begin his studies sooner rather than later. As such, he needed to find a captain and ship that had survived the storms. Thinking back, the lizardman seemed to recall a Friedrich Somethingorother that used to boast about the hardiness of his vessel or some such. Perhaps if Drago asked around, the good captain and his crew might still be found.

Trying to grab supplies with as much bang for my buck, and then heading off to find Captain Friedrich or whomever might still be alive, assuming I can do both. Since this seems like it’d be two rolls, using Resourceful [+2] for the supply run and Inquisitive [+2] for the captain search.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


Sasha

"The Gilded Glade, in the bright elven woods. You may find it hard to gain entry..."

Terminus seemed almost amused at the irreverent question, but only almost you felt. Regardless the dream faded and Sasha was back in the land of the waking.

The most talked about topic in the islands controlled by the ogres was the fact that the Obsidian Lord's Scepter was powerless. This meant two things primarily; firstly and most importantly no more of the black glass could be shaped which meant no more black glass ships or housing. Secondly, as the scepter was the symbol of power and authority of the ogre clans, the head of the clans was no suddenly a lot less sure of his power and authority. Once divine mandate had determined the head of the clans, but now...who knew what would happen next. Sasha knew it would be ugly and violent if nothing else.


John

You were finishing up with the provisions, having had to use your authority as a member of the guard to force entry into some merchants. Fortunately you had come up with a cover story and by the time anyone questioned why one of the guard had been buying travelling supplies, you would be long gone.

Despite your general ability to slip by without being noticed by people, it seemed that someone had noticed you. There was a voice from behind and slightly below that said; "Hey cobber, what's with the shopping trip? You got travel plans?"

The voice belonged to a ratling, one that John had dealt with before. Whether or not he remembered the creature was a different matter but it seemed to recognise him. It had dark brown fur that made it easy to blend in with the morning haze and dim light, and its tail ended slightly too soon. No doubt it had been lost in a closing door or knife fight at one point. Overall the small creature came up to about the mid of John's chest and while nothing about it was outwardly disreputable, he could recognise that it was certainly up to no good.

12:47 PM <•Morphball> HiKaizer: 8 = 2d6(3,1)+4
You can give some backstory if you want, otherwise I'll come up with stuff for the ratling and have your previous acquaintance be a once off event.


Karla

Food was neither plentiful nor sparse, Karla could eat her fill but would have little to pack away. If she ate lean today she could afford a bad hunt the following day however. Normally you would have more to rely on, but the last two weeks had taxed your ability to survive greatly, outside of your personal curse.

1:12 PM <•Morphball> HiKaizer: 9 = 2d6(3,2)+4


Moonrat

She-That-Hungers was aptly named, although her appetites naturally were for wealth and influence more than food and drink (although she was quite fond of both as well) so the opportunity for profit had her in a good mood. The ratlings had lost their world before, a number of times, so while the past two weeks had been rather...dramatic your people had bounced back very quickly. She acted surprised by your presence, but you knew that of course she would have been expecting you had she not been informed by several spies that you were coming. That she feigned to act surprised spoke well of her good mood, as long as it would last.

"Ah, Pale-Shadow-In-Moonlight. It is good to see that you were not swept away in the storms." She chuckled at her own little joke. No doubt had you been lost you would have been replaced by one of the many clamouring for your position. "We were just discussing what we could do to make sure that we were in the best position to help those in need after the last two weeks."

1:17 PM <•Morphball> HiKaizer: 14 = 2d6(6,4)+4


Elias

There was a cost to such kindness, and while the flurry of activity did much to help the hearts of the people it had a much more deleterious affect on the heart of your coffers. The Ponsonby-Welm family was hardly going to go destitute, but such expenses would need to be recouped in time. For the foreseeable future Elias would find that family finances would be that much tighter.

Elias gains the following Temporary traits:
Lean Coffers: Ponsonby-Welm coffers are looking lean after the current expenses and will remain so until losses can be recouped or a long enough time passes that the cost can be written off.
Patron of the People: The common folk and merchants will regard the family, and Elias as it's head, more fondly and will be willing to go out of their way for a request more than they normally would.

1:25 PM <•Morphball> HiKaizer: 8 = 2d6(3,1)+4


Casey

Unfortunately it seemed that while most of the faithful had fled, or chosen to forsake their once holy places in grief or denial that not all had. Almost too late Casey heard the footsteps on stone across the other hall of the main temple, echoing in the silence of the mid morning. There was no chance to hide the pile of wealth she had been accumulating. For a second you had hoped that the person had not noticed you, that your magic had held true. However a voice that held little kindness came out from the other side of the room and shattered that hope.

"So, one of the vermin feeding off of the goddess's fading flames remains. What do you think you are doing?"

You recognised the voice, your particular little magics had never worked very well on them.

1:31 PM <•Morphball> HiKaizer: 5 = 2d6(2,1)+2
I'll give you a chance to decide who the voice is, but I can come up with something if you'd rather.


Galain

Your words struck a chord with those present, and while there were one or two of the particularly elderly and fresh faced priests that seemed discontent they had the wisdom to at least understand and accept their position. So it was that they returned to their shrines and temples with a new message. Where once they had preached of various moral lessons and divine teachings, now they extolled the virtues of human endeavour, human strength and human prosperity. The gods had perished and they had survived, and this had to count for something. For some it was easy to slide Galain in as a replacement figure of authority and guidance, but for others it was more a hope for a better future than current conviction.

Galain gains the temporary trait:
Paragon: With the loss of the gods, in the lands of Larburry you have not quite taken their place, but it seems that people are quick to rally around you as something more than just their duke.

1:39 PM <•Morphball> HiKaizer: 16 = 2d6(6,6)+4


Dragomir

Dragomir managed to source the supplies that he needed, it helped that he had learned the right people to ask favours of with the right payment in the past. But even with that goodwill, there was a definite cost to the supplies and things were looking more tight by the time you finished up your shopping. Finding the captain had almost seemed a lost endeavour until you had nosed around in the rougher parts of the docks and found one of the ship hands going to a medicus for bandages and rubbing alcohol. Following the woman back to the ship you found that they had been waiting off the coast for most of the sails, so as to avoid being pushed into rocks or being battered by the worst of the waves from the storms.

It seemed that Captain Freidrich had not passed through the storms untouched himself, as he had a nasty looking bruise and there were people bailing water on the ship. However he assured you that while there was some damage, that it would not sink the ship and they were already in the process of tarring and sealing it up. They could head off the following day, but given that things were difficult right now they'd charge you extra for the journey. Dragomir looked at his coins. He could afford it...but there would not be much left afterwards.

Purchasing passage with the captain on top of the supplies already purchased will give you the temporary trait: Poor
Whether you follow through or not is your choice.

1:39 PM <•Morphball> HiKaizer: 9 = 2d6(4,3)+2
2:01 PM <•Morphball> HiKaizer: 12 = 2d6(5,5)+2

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Karla - WildPlains

https://youtu.be/1W6fhl7J67A

Karla packed what she could and began travelling. Who knew what she would find or encounter on the way?


Heading west (or northwest) to the forgotten temple from the vision from the wildplains. I think there is a red dot along the way?

I am Communist fucked around with this message at Jan 3, 2017 around 03:43

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE


John - Lustrium

John recognized the ratling, Mist-Tail was one of his informants. Helped him keep an ear out for the goings on of the neighborhood where he had been assigned, in exchange for some modest pay and an agreement from John to stay out of certain petty business arrangements so long as they didn't get too criminal. As far as John new, Mist-Tail had been on the level and not using him on behalf of one of the cartels. So he shrugs, "I've seen the writing on the wall. My career was going nowhere, and I can read the writing on the walls, the next couple of months are going to be a bloodbath as the cartels fight it out capitalize on the remains of the chaos. So I figure, better to head out and find my fortune than end up as a corpse."

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker

Elias

Restoring order had.come at a high cost, which, whilst it gave him the freedom to head out, meant that this would be a more frugal endeavour. Still, he was reasonably secure in the knowledge that his wife would be much better placed in the regency his absence would require, ruling in his name easier with that name in high regard.

Still, with reduced wherewithal at least for the time being, that meant a leaner, sharper expedition. Rather than the full might of his retinues, he would have to proceed only with his personal guard. Supplies would be pared down to essentials and contingencies. Perhaps most importantly would be planning the operation beforehand: The sages of old spake of winning before joining battle as opposed too joining battle and then seeking to win, so too must it be here. That meant relying on his learning and use of the Autarchal archives to pinpoint the probable location of the shrine, so the most frugal route to and from might be taken.

He worked himself for long hours to get this done without neglecting his duties, but the effort was indeed taxing.

Doing research to locate what is now the blackwater shrine, and planning an expedition there within the present means.

Educated +2: He knows how to effectively research, and where such knowledge is likely to be found, implied or extrapolated.

Shrewd +2: He knows full well the need to be frugal, but has the keenness required to take that into account and still come up with a suitable plan.

Invoking Frail -2: He's burning the candle at both ends and didn't have much candle to start with.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Moonrat - Lustrium

Moonrat knelt before the queen, head bowed.

"Indeed, your grace. I am glad to see you have suffered no troubles yourself. It would grieve me much to learn that the chaos above had intruded on your peace of mind." Complete nonsense, just as much as her concern for his own well being was. It was just part of the game. The vast majority of their people lived honest lives with honest families, getting by day to day through honest work. But among the royals and the blackguards, nothing was entirely honest. Least of all words.

"And it heartens me to know that even amidst all of this upheaval, your first thought is for the victims with nowhere else to turn. You are truly a worthy successor to your legacy." Moonrat's eyes flicked subtly to the sides, noting where the various functionaries and guards were situated. He had no intention of starting any trouble, but caution always ruled the day.

"On the subject of this upheaval, I bring interesting news. My sources suggest something truly unprecedented. The gods are dead. What we have witnessed is the result of their death throes, and the placing of destiny in the hands of mortals." How much he could truly trust that dream, he did not know. But something about this Terminus made Moonrat inclined to believe everything he had said. No mean feat at all to utterly convince a man who lived and breathed lies and deception.

"I was going to propose that you send me, with a small contingent of perhaps four or five, to learn the extent of this upheavel and act as your eyes and ears and voice in the matter. A delegation sent by the Queen herself to reassure our scattered kinfolk that whatever else has happened, we remain. It seems you are several steps ahead of me, though." There was little She-That-Hungers loved more than being reassured that she was far more clever than her subjects. Alas that it was also more or less true. She was the one who had seen to it her family was disposed of and her throne secured. He had done his part, as had many others, but it would have amounted to nothing without her vicious cunning behind it all. "If this proposal is acceptable, I would ask for at least one assassin, for safety. Fleeting-Whisper and her apprentice, perhaps?"

Fleeting-Whisper disliked him, and the feeling was mutual. But if this journey proved fruitful, having a known rival backing him up would do much to secure his position later. Presuming she didn't try to kill him and steal the ogre's secrets for herself.

Handsome [+2] - Moonrat is not an eloquent statesman, but it's hard to say no to those big blue eyes.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company


Casey

Well, drat. "Hello, Petrus." One of Casey's fellow novices, Petrus had - she would have sworn - left with the rest. He had a glorious singing voice and he was handsome as could be, and was widely viewed to have been favored by the Goddess, but he'd always seemed to treat his eventual entrance into the Goddess' priesthood as more of a social rung to climb than a holy calling... and he'd also vigorously pursued the affections of every female novice in their class.

His pursuit of Casey had ended abruptly when her nature as a transwoman was made clear to him. He had not been very friendly since.

"I think I'm leaving, actually. It's not as though anyone here will miss the things I've grabbed. Don't give me that look; it's why you're here too, isn't it?" It was a guess, but likely a safe one. "Give me a hand and I'll split what we find with you. I'm leaving town; you likely won't have to see me again, which I'm sure will suit us just fine. Deal?"

Trying to talk Petrus here into joining me in my wealth-amassing expedition for an equal share, which is much easier and less dangerous than any of the other things he might have had in mind.

Resilient [+2]: By refusing to back even an inch from her position of "everyone else left that means this stuff is up for grabs," Casey can make the idea more acceptable to others, too.
Empathic [+2]: She knows how Petrus ticks; this will make the arguing easier.
Non-Binary [-2]: Sadly, he's predisposed to not like her much on account of the whole transperson thing.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010


Victor

"Well, drat,", Victor says as he wakes up. So, this being had put him under some strange ban that he had no knowledge of. Well, he had some leads to fantastic treasures. So, that was something. And maybe it would be a good idea to get out of the city for a while before this "death of the gods" thing became better known. Not that he was entirely sure how somebody could tell. In his experience, priests talked an awful lot, but gods tended to be silent. Still, he touches the amulet to Kil-Jomrah, god of thieves and acrobats, that he wears around his neck. It's not that he ever WORSHIPED Kil-Jomrah, as such. Victor wasn't much of the worshiping type, and Kil-Jomrah didn't really have any temples as such; just little household shrines, and his "priest" in the city was a drunk guildsman who had gotten the position through the drawing of lots; not the kind of academic priests that other religions had. He'd be lying if he didn't confess to a whispered prayer now and then, of the "get me the hell out of this, you basard", variety. Still, he supposed, if any of the gods could have escaped Terminus's wrath, it would have been Kil-Jomrah. Victor half hoped he did.

So, after quickly breaking his fast, Victor heads out the east gate. He's played an alchemist before, but now he hopes to catch this transforming spirit and get its secrets out of it, however he can. if he can find the thing.

Heading east, after the transforming spirit

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Sasha

"Well, tha goal's decided then. Good." Sasha smirked, "And ta be totally honest I don't really want ta be around when ol' High Chief Ironside starts roughhousing the islands", nods of agreement, "Besides, it's straight up chaos in the world out there. Which is amazin' fer business. Can't let that pass now can we ey?" A couple appreciative chuckles can be heard.

"Oi, that's no joke", the chuckles quiet down ever so slightly, "Our lil' journey will take us around the southern cap", slightly worried glances were exchanged. Sasha merely shrugged, "No worries. Ol' Snaggletooth is a tough lady, she can make it no problem. Issue is supplies. Such a long journey is going ta take a whole lot of them. So I reckon, we could actually use some o' that work ey? No sense sailing tha entirety o' the western seaboard empty and without work."

Sasha gestured at the maps again. "Now, you know the islands are all out o' sorts what with the scepter and all? Well, if ogres are that affected, what do ye think the mainlanders are goin' ta be like? With their thousand and one gods each and every one more obscure than the last?" Nods of agreement, and some chuckles at the strange habits of the mainlanders, "Ye, they're goin' ta be terrified out o' their knickers. So. We sail ta Tamora. There's bound ta be a whole bunch of merchants, nobles, other rich people who don't quite find tha new world order to their likin'. We'll pick some o' them aboard, tha ones headin' towards the big cities o' the South, or run escort for their own boats if they have 'em."

"Sound simple enough?"

"Good!"

"No sense tarrying then, ey? Let's buy provisions, hoist tha mercenary flag, and get goin'!"


OOC: Heading to Tamora first, to look if Sasha can nab some rich peeps wanting protection and speedy passage to the South whilst going there herself.

Warlord [+2]: Sasha is organizing her little troupe for an extended trip in search of god-fruit!
Affable [+2]: It helps that they actually like her, too.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jan 3, 2017 around 11:42

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Dragomir - Lho-Rhydia

Being charged extra wasn’t quite what he was hoping to hear, but it made sense. Still, it left Drago’s pouch feeling emptier than he liked as he handed an assortment of coins over to Captain Friedrich.

“Here you are, captain. It leaves Drago even poorer than normal, but it should be enough for the journey. If you and your men are able, then leaving tomorrow suits this one just fine.”

Paying the captain and taking on Poor. Wanting to head towards the great lake beyond the mountains, but I’m unsure if the captain has a particular route in mind or not. If so, I’ll go along with that, otherwise it seems like curving around the southern part of the continent seems quickest.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


Karla

Karla is travelling for a few days when ahead on the horizon she sees the smoke of a campfire, a sure sign that someone is making camp.


John

"Right. Makes sense, the last two weeks have been Bad." Mist-Tail said nodding its head and following after you as you were walking. "So, where are we headed?" It asked.


Elias

What you found gave you a pause for a moment, for the distance was quite a bit further than you had anticipated. It turned out that there had been a people to the north, the far north beyond the Mirewoods and Vandalor. Their cities and castles had fallen long ago, to some encroaching cold and dark. Supposedly they had delved too deeply into the darkness of mortal hearts, trying to harness it for the benefit of all, and this had called to their lands monsters and a devouring cold. The legends were no doubt fanciful, but there were mentions of places of contemplation where the deep wishes of people could be seen. These places were supposed to be places to learn to suppress and master such impulses. You had the location of one, but it was given directions in old roads and towns that had long since been ground to dust. There would be ways to find out more, but would require local knowledge and history.


1:14 PM <•Morphball> HiKaizer: 12 = 2d6(5,5)+2
Elias is searching for the lost city of Day's Bell.

Moonrat

Your queen had remained mostly indifferent but curious as to your proposal until you mentioned bringing your rival, the assassin Fleeting-Whisper. Although it was only there for a moment, a flicker of nasty amusement crossed her face. Once you had finished speaking, she considered your proposal for a few seconds before speaking. Truly you knew she had already made up her mind.

"Yes, it would certainly be prudent to see how the world at large is doing. It is fortunate for Us that you arrived to a similar decision after us, for there will be much to do in Lustrium and there will be few to spare. I think that we can spare one assassin on this journey however, and it would do Fleeting-Whisper much good to learn more of the world. We trust that you will also see to check in on our old adversaries and the stone eaters shall you. It would hardly do to leave their past kindnesses to our people unpaid after all."

She gestured for one of her advisers to come over. "We will provision you will funds for a three moon journey, Pale-Shadow-in-Moonlight, after which you shall return and report back to us of what you have seen and of what use we can make of it."

While you got what you had wanted, and funds, the time limit would make it difficult to do as she wished and to travel south to the keep that Terminus had mentioned.

1:15 PM <•Morphball> HiKaizer: 9 = 2d6(4,3)+2


Casey

Even when Petrus wore an ugly expression he was still pretty. It was unfair and made your blood boil, as he frowned...no, sneered at you. "Ah yes, the noble Casey in her quest to preserve our fallen Lady's beauty. Even though she herself saw fit to rob us of her memory. Very well, I will oversee you efforts to make sure that that which should be preserved will be kept in the hands of those of proper bearing to appreciate it. As a...reward for your diligence I will allow you to take some of the rest."

He tossed his gorgeous locks haughtily as he waited for you to agree.

1:16 PM <•Morphball> HiKaizer: 7 = 2d6(4,1)+2
Accept Petrus' deal and he will take the lion's share of the wealth, but still leave Casey with enough to furnish herself for the journey and pay her way as long as she is scrupulous.


Viktor

As you went to leave the east gate, one of the guards called out and the other moved to block the exit from the city.

"HALT CITIZEN!" The lead said as you approached. The one at the back had a brutish appearance more in common with an ogre...or a particularly ugly hound, and the stench of alcohol permeated from him. Despite this his movements were steady enough. The leader of the pair was a cruel looking woman with reddish brown hair and greedy eyes.

"You could not be thinking of leaving the city without making a donation to the restoration efforts would you?" She said with a nasty smile. Viktor knew for a fact there was no such collection and this was just a pathetic rouse for a bribe. "If you cannot remain to assist, surely you must feel some sort of community charity?"


Sasha

The 'rich' amongst the ogres in the community as it were, were busily gathering the poor and especially the strong to protect their property from the upcoming chaos. As such they were reluctant to leave and risk their wealth. As such the volunteers to Sasha's call came from those with something to gain, but enough to be able to contribute and seem appealing as well. Of course she had a handful of the poor and desperate, but they were either too weak to make a better living or lacked their own boats. Without a boat they would need to rely on the charity of others, and not many of Sasha's band had a boat large enough for more than one or two people.


1:17 PM <•Morphball> HiKaizer: 9 = 2d6(1,4)+4


Dragomir

The captain nodded, and seemed sympathetic to your needs, but supplies and provisions were more expensive now as you knew first hand. He had not extorted you nearly as much as he could have.

"We leave tomorrow on the rising sun. I suggest you gather yourself and be at the docks before sundown friend lizardmen. It will not be safe to be seen about soon and I'd rather put some water between us and land before the people in the cities sort out a new pecking order."

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE


John

John tilts his head, "Well that depends on why you want to come along?" His tone makes clear he's not rejecting the implicit offer, but that he hasn't accepted it either.

Valhawk fucked around with this message at Jan 4, 2017 around 02:57

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


John

The ratling glided around another person in the morning and smiled at you. Or at least a human smile, you knew a real ratling smile was a little different and involved the tail.

"Well you know with the continued savagery of the guard and mobs my position as an honest merchant becomes more difficult." It said and you knew merchant was code for it being one of your CI's. "Word is that She-That-Devours is waking up and anyone she doesn't like that is no longer protected in the new order may find themselves a head shorter one day." He said referring to the self appointed ratling queen, their internal politics were muddy and hard to follow.

"Besides my good human friend John, you seemed very driven after having a particular shouting match with no one I hear. Or so I have heard your neighbors grumble over breakfast. And I have known you long enough to know you are not mad. So I am curious and want to see where you go."

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Karla - On the road


Spying the campfire in the distance, Karla approached quietly and carefully. They could be like the dead invaders, or friendly. They didn't seem to be hiding their presence but maybe there were enough of them that it didn't matter. Sniffing and looking for the least sign of danger, Karla quietly made her way toward the firelight.


Going towards the light. Using: <fleet +2> and <Perceptive +2>

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE


John

"It seems you have ears everywhere, I knew there was a reason I stuck with you for all those years." John chuckles, "Fine, you can come. Not gonna talk any more about it until we're in a place with far fewer ears if you don't mind." As they talk, John continues walking towards the one of the smaller, less well trafficked gates, not the western one incidentally, better to leave from another gate and loop his way around once outside the city. "Oh, and new ground rules since I'm not going to be a guard outside the walls and you're not going to be a 'merchant'. You're tagging along with me, it's my journey, I'm the one with the sword and armor, I don't intend to screw you, but for once in my life I'm going to be the one in charge. Sound fair? "

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company


Casey

"If you're that concerned about preserving this place and the things in it, Petrus, where've you been the last few days?" Casey glared at the man (how does he get his hair to look that good that is infuriating augh I hate him so much), but after a moment, relented. "Fine, that's fine. We can discuss the details about what 'some of the rest' means once we're through... if you'll give me a hand. There's eight silver candlesticks in the other room there and the drat things are heavy." Maybe she'll get less wealth, but if she also needs to do less backbreaking labor out of the deal then maybe that will be enough to get her by... and she isn't giving up on negotiating a better split.

"Actually, come to think of it, where have you been and what brings you back?" She'd thought she had a few more days before anyone got the bright idea to start moving in and clearing the place out; most people, she'd figured, would be too busy refusing to believe that the Goddess was dead to risk angering Her. If people are moving faster than she'd anticipated, this was going to be an issue; for one thing, ships leaving the city were going to be in much higher demand.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker

Elias - Welm palace, Aubrecht

Through discreet channels, Elias let it be known that he wished those who had knowledge of the Vandalorian, Dargelti or Mirewoods northern hinterland, to come forward for an Autarchal audience.

It was a bit of a long shot, but Aubrecht had a couple of significant advantages which could aid in the matter: The trade networks of the various consortia and families were vast, and there might be agents from the far reaches in town with the prerequisite knowledge. Secondly, Aubrecht was just about as far away as you could get from that region and still be on the same continent. If someone was persona non grata, they might well end up here.

Checking if anyone in Aubrecht has the requisite local knowledge: far north, and calling them in for a chat.

+2 Leader: The favour of the Autarch is always worth currying, and access to a given individual could be worth a fair bit of social coin.

+2 Educated: Knowing who has connections in the area or is likely to is a matter of learned knowledge.

-2 Abrasive: This will require tact, diplomacy and a gentle touch.

Patron of the People may or may not be relevant depending on who answers.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


Karla

There was a lone lizardman at the fire, something of a rare sight in the wildlands. Despite your confidence that you had been quiet and passed without noticing, as you approached the ogre turned and scowled at you.

"Why are you hiding, human? Do you approach my fire with dishonest intent?"

There was a bow lying beside them, but Karla did not notice any other weapons on them. They wore leathers, and notably leathers that had been made from tanned hides of native beasts, along with their tent. It had its own unique features that differentiated it from the tribes that Karla was familiar with but it had the same basic style and make. Either the lizardman had purchased a very convincing disguise, or he was used to living in the wildlands on his own.

7:50 PM <•Morphball> HiKaizer: 6 = 2d6(1,1)+4


John

"I figured I'd check in and make sure you weren't dead. Then I'd really need to leave in a hurry. Your neighbours were busy grumbling about you waking them up." Mist-Tail said as you continued on. "You were the boss before, and you're still the boss now; nothing much different there." He added indifferently to your demand. It didn't seem to bother him, and ratlings were not normally in a position to order around anyone save for their own kind (or anyone foolish enough to have debts). It wasn't much a change of the status quo for Mist-Tail it seemed.


Casey

"Some of us have families that they stay with when it's dangerous." Petrus said, knowing exactly how much the comment would hurt you. He made a slight noise as he picked up one of the candlesticks. You knew he could have managed two if he'd really been bothered to exert himself. "I needed to help them get ready-" He said and then seeming to realise what he'd said, continued on a little too smoothly. "We will have to make sure we can help with the guard when things get rough in the next few days."


Elias

It turned out that there was a scholar who had been just a little too sympathetic to the elves to be popular in Vandalor, where only deep hatred was considered to be acceptable. The man, Jacque Kilneir, was a self proclaimed expert on the old peoples of the north. You found quickly that his expertise was not quite all that he advertised but the man did know some things about the people. As a bonus, he seemed interested in the idea of a journey north if one was to be arranged. So far he had made his living copying maps and texts, the latter of which was a dying business with the increasing popularity of the printing press. But if he could write a new book, and sell it...his interest in the journey was clear.

7:50 PM <•Morphball> HiKaizer: 12 = 2d6(6,4)+2
Jacques is the best scholar about the north that you will be able to find, without travelling further north and searching again.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker

Elias

Crossreferencing Jacques' knowledge with his own research provided enough of an impetus to justify the endeavour, and the thought occurred to tie it in with a trade voyage to reinvigorate the Ponsonby-Welm cash flows as they went. A consortium barque would be easy to persuade of the merits of hosting the Autarchal guard retinue to safeguard their cargo of fine metalcrafted wares, and having no less than the head of the house on board would lend a cachet which could prove to be worth some extra value.

Heading north (after navigating the river south) via a Ponsonby-Welm consortium trade barque laden with the finest products of the family-owned mines and forges. Bringing Jacques as a guide, and the Autarchal guard retinue for protection and as an expeditionary force. Leaving Eliasette, his cousin-wife, as regent.

Leader +2: Elias is well-placed not just to pull rank and get this done, but to provide sufficient ancillary benefits by doing so, that his presence would not be resented on board the trade barque.

Shrewd +2: By tying this endeavour to a trade mission, Elias kills several birds with one stone, prevents this being a costly extravagance and instead turns it into additional insurance for a profitable venture, which should in turn help cover his prior largesse.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Moonrat

Well. That hadn't gone badly, but it certainly hadn't gone well. Off into the unknown with both a metaphorical and literal knife at his back.

"You are too gracious. I will await Fleeting-Whisper at the west gate." He made his parting respects, collected his travel funds, and made his way back to the city proper. As he breathed in the rank air, he began to untense at last. The queen wasn't precisely mad, but she was unpredictable. It was only through sheer luck he had lived as long as he had in her direct service. Now it would come down to the trustworthiness of Terminus to determine his future. If the ogre did exist, and could aid him, any other problems could be brushed aside. But if this proved to be a fool's errand, his immediate abandoning of the queen's request was going to be the death of him.

Ah well. Who dares, wins.

Moonrat will gather his companions and venture forth. Heading south-west along the river until they reach the foot of the mountains.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Karla - Campfire


Karla reddened in slight embarrassment, caught like a child stealing a sweet cake from an elder's larder. She came into the light so they could see her better. "I'm sorry for approaching you in such a way, but I had no way of knowing if you were marauders or not. I am alone and was trying to be careful." She took a deep breath and let it out slowly, trusting strangers something she was going to have to get used to. "I am Karla, I'm travelling westward. May I share the warmth of your fire?" As was custom among her people she would share what she had in exchange for the warmth of their hearth and show respect to her hosts. She brought forth some of her supplies. "Game has been scarce but I am willing to share what I have."


Caught out! Well at least they're not frothing madmen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE


John - Lustrium

John grinned, "Glad to see we're in agreement. Now, let's get out of here while the getting's good."

The pair continue towards one of the lesser used entrances, attempting to leave without being stopped or otherwise noticed, while John hoped his luck held out.

John and Mist-Tail will try and leave through a lesser used gate in order to avoid detection.

City Guard [+2] - As a guard, John knows which gates have a lot of traffic and which ones don't.

East to Miss[+2] - John's trying to get out without being noticed.

Bad Luck [-2] - This plan has a lot of room for lady luck to throw a wrench in the gears.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«9 »