Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«9 »
  • Post
  • Reply
AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker

Elias

A recovering town was a good place to sell some of their cargo, and it was becoming eminently clear that the rough seas did not agree with him. Frail as he was, he was not looking forward to the bulk of the travel ahead. Time to help the locals get back on their feet, as a partner in business rather than a charity case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010


Victor

Poison. Well, he supposed it was a clean death, anyway. That was something. Victor sighs. At least he had the place to himself. Except, what was that? A light? Was someone else there, after all? He followed the light to see where it went.

Following the light.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Sasha

Sasha recoiled ever so slightly at the burst of musty air, "Oi, it's danker here than at a bath house after a Solstice Celebration, HAH!", she peered in the dark room ,"You'd think that nobility would 'ave enough funds to keep their secret lairs 'n such a bit tidier but hey what do I know? I'm just a mercenary, right boys?"

A few chuckles followed, and Sasha grinned "Anyways. A perimeter guard at both entrances, Dirk and some volunteers with me."

Sasha made sure her orders were followed, after which she lighted a lantern and descended with her troop to inspect the vault.


OOC: Right. Going into the vault. Don't think any of my traits really apply here, but roll Strong [+2] if there is something I can break through or Resilient [+2] if I trigger some sort of trap. Maybe roll both if there is an ambush that I need to smack down.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Moonrat

Listening in, Moonrat's ears perked up as the ogre spoke. A family member held for ransom? Now that was interesting. He had been considering something along those lines himself, truth be told. A little collateral to convince the ogre to deal on more favorable terms. Whatever game was truly afoot here, it seemed someone else had beaten him to the punch. It certainly did help explain the ridiculously aggressive tone taken in the meeting. Even the most brutal and unsubtle brigand or highwayman knew better than to negotiate like that. Operating under duress made lackwits of everyone, it seemed.

Stepping back, Moonrat surveyed the house. A second story window or perhaps an attic he could slip into would be quite handy right about now. Somewhere he could continue to drop eaves, and have an advantageous position if it became necessary to intervene on one side or another. If this unnamed "Him" was squirreled away somewhere on the premises, that might provide some useful leverage.

Thief [+2] and Nimble [+2] to find a covert means of entry and slip inside unnoticed. Moonrat will jimmy any locks or silently peel open shutters as necessary.

Shardix fucked around with this message at Mar 3, 2017 around 23:40

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Dragomir - Yaevan

At long last, Dragomir landed upon the docks of Yaevan, in spite of numerous troubles on his voyage. The lizardman felt ready to leap for joy, before remembering this was far from his final destination. After all the difficulties, he had almost forgotten about the library he was in pursuit of. Almost. The question was, how to proceed from here? It was still some distance from Leindor, and Drago had few resources remaining to work with, both in food and coin. Two great problems that needed to be addressed, not even including finding some leads. Considering this for a few moments, the lizardman went off to find Captain Friedrich, asking once he was found,

“Excuse Drago, captain, but now that the ship has made land, a few questions have come to mind. Would you by chance know of a route to the capital of Redovan? Safe or quick, either is acceptable with Drago. Opportunities to earn food or coin would be useful knowledge as well, and Drago would be very much appreciative.”

Gonna probe the Captain to see if he knows anything before I go wandering off on my own.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


John

The noble seemed a little taken aback. "I doubt that people wanting to make new kingdoms will have that much interest in the horde of a dead dragon. If they even believe it exists. Most people in the region think them ancient tales or myths. Few people indulge me, and you are the first in many years that has taken me seriously. We would do well to carefully prepare and set off when we are ready."

It was clear that Carwen did not understand that the dragon was still alive. John had not specifically mentioned it and Carwen clearly had not spoken with Terminus, or at least about this matter...


Casey

The professor coughed again and slowly woke up. "That was...*cough*...my home. My work! All gone up in flames-" His sentence was cut of and punctuated by another coughing fit. From the teapot the voice of the steam creature spoke. "It is good to hear you are still Moving."

Hearing it speak made the professor calmer.


Elias

There was surprisingly a large market for pieces to repair armour and for tools. It seemed that there was an increased interest in bodyguards. Rumours told that they had seen ogre raiders in the waters and coasts, that they would be looking for merchants to prey upon. Your seneschal came to query you on the matter of trading. It would be possible to recoup your losses and for the expedition at least, not have to worry about your financing. But this would involve selling much of your stock leaving you with little to trade further north.

You can sell enough of your stock to continue on, or you can sell a large portion and have less to trade and barter with later but recoup your early costs.


Victor

You followed the light, moving through the door and around the corner. It lead you into a kitchen where for a moment you thought you had missed it. But after looking around for a moment the light revealed itself to be a ghostly figure, who stuck its head out of the fireplace. It looked exactly like one of the monks, a larger man who had girth as well as strength. At least for a monk at any rate.

Once he realised you had seen him, he grimaced a little. "Uh, hello there..." He began uncertainly.


Sasha

You walked down the stairs, and the despite the torch it seemed to remain dark and cold. Whatever the equivalent for an ogre for the hairs on the nape of a human's neck standing on end was, Sasha and those with her definitely experienced that. After a minute or two of descent the stairs ended and you found a chamber. If the stairs ended at the south of the room, then to the north, east and west were doorways. The north, opposite to Sasha, had a large stone door with an ominous looking relief carved onto it. The east and west were open doorways to other rooms.

Dirk muttered quietly to Sasha, the atmosphere seeming to affect him. "I don't like this captain. Something's wrong here about this place. I mean really Wrong."


Moonrat

You moved around the house and carefully looked for a way in. It wasn't spacious, or in some places even well built. But it was large and seemingly intended for many people to live in it. There was a window that wasn't properly boarded up with a gap in the wood. Too small of a gap for a human to ever fit through, except maybe for a child, but small enough for Moonrat. The only problem was that it was also high up, you could climb back up to it but you might need to find another exit.

Climbing through you could hear the conversation continuing with the ogre and another figure. A woman was speaking with him.

"...and I scared them off but molten hells, he had the quietest little girl with him and I could just tell she was one step away from killing me."

"Well it is lucky that you are still alive then. You did want to be in charge didn't you?"

"Not like this! Not with my son being held hostage to bleeding knife ears. You lot are the ones with the grudge against the little mice."

"Careful Olek. The walls have ears and if you displease me too much you will find me just as deadly."

There was a tense silence afterwards. You could feel the ogre's anger palpably even from the back of the house, several rooms away.

12:31 PM <•Morphball> HiKaizer: 10 = 2d6(2,4)+4


Dragomir

The captain had gone to one of the local watering holes, and was relaxing after such a tense journey and enjoying a meal with freshly cooked meat. He scratched his beard thoughtfully for a moment after your question.

"Well as I see it you can either take a barge down the river, it's quicker but will cost you. Or you can talk the walk. It's a longer trip but you can probably find a cheap roof and meal where you need to along the way. Dunno about work. You're a little small of stature for most people to consider you for a ship hand...maybe you can find someone looking for something you know or can do." Friedrich shrugged a little. "I can put in a word for you in a place or two though. You did good by me in that last trip."

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker

Elias

We sell, and we reinvest, see what is cheap locally that is likely in demand further north, using the surplus beyond our projected needs for this expedition.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Karla
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d4C1ZQKmw4
Karla took the coins, the only thing with value of a sort. She took one last look around before getting away from this place.


Continuing the journey

I am Communist fucked around with this message at Mar 6, 2017 around 02:38

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Sasha

Sasha snorted. "Ay, so it seems Dirk. And you boys can run up o' course if that's how yer feeling, but we've had worse than some lil' curses. I'm goin' to press on at least, since that's what we're bein' paid for an' all."

OOC: Roll Resilient [+2] to not get owned by whatever weird curse is hanging around here as Sasha explores.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Moonrat

With just a word, Moonrat's entire attitude shifted. Knife-ears. The filth. The absolute scum. They held this Olek's son hostage to foment mistrust between his people and ogre's, and it very nearly worked. Only the fact that he had managed to hold his tongue in the face of insults had averted a situation this she-elf would have no doubt been giddy over.

Moonrat's ears flattened as he reached into his cloak for a blade. His tail lashed silently as he fumed. They just refused to ever stop. Ten thousand indignities and offenses against his people and it wasn't enough. Not until the ratlings had been turned out into the deserts to die slow and painful deaths would they ever be satisfied. Oh, the elves would pay. They would learn the cost of their hubris as their entire civilization was bled out inch by agonizing inch. And it would start here.

From the sound of it, the ogre's patience was nearly spent. Things would come to a head one way or another very soon. Either Olek would lash out, or he would submit. Regardless of which, Moonrat would not allow his hate to cloud his thoughts. As much as he would love to jump into the thick of things and bury a knife in the elf woman's heart, he would be wise and he would be careful. Stiletto in hand, Moonrat crouched and crept along, eyes darting side to side to ensure no other of this elf woman's kin lurked about. He checked any doors he passed, putting an eye to the gaps between the floor and strained his ears to hear what he might.

Thief [+2] to stealthily make his way towards Olek and his tormentor, checking his blind spots and securing the premises as he goes.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE


John

"I think you might be surprised what people would care about. However, my concern is less with the nation-builders than bandits. Once people really get over the shock of the war in heaven, and start to realize that many of the old powers are collapsing, they soon realize that means that the armies and guards have more important things to deal with than patrolling the outlying road. Then every man who's willing to stick a blade in between another man's ribs will realize that they can make some quick money by taking it from someone else. A well stocked and provisioned expedition would be a prime target. If I'm right, and I've spent much of my life locking up the criminal type, then we have a short window of opportunity to get there, after that who knows when it will be safe to travel again. Perhaps years, and in the meantime, as people start to get desperate they'll track down and loot any site they might be able to find."

"So, as unlikely as it may have seemed, you have a chance to find a dragon, but we're on a pretty strict time line if we want to do this."

John still avoided mentioning Terminus, or the fact that the dragon might still be alive. He hoped the tale he had woven would be enough. It was sprinkled with more than a little truth as far as he was concerned. If what he feared was going to happen in Lustris came to pass, then it would mean that the guards would be too busy fighting a war with the syndicates to care about rural banditry, which would make his little prediction for Carwen more true than false.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company


Casey

"Of course it is; separate lab spaces cost money that could be going to research. Why didn't I see that coming?" Casey sighs, rubbing her eyes. She's getting a bit of a headache.

"Okay, Professor, it's like this. I'm really glad you're safe, and all, but I'm trying to find a ship to get out of town and sail 'towards the setting sun' and then, I don't know, dive downwards or something, because let's hear it for vague directions, and I have to try and make that happen while there are still ships left that I can hire and also before the riots start. And riots are going to start, I know you know this. So... I want to stay here with you and make sure you're going to be okay, but I'm getting short on time and opportunity. So - where can I take you that won't be filled with people trying to murder you for blasphemy? Do you have any family in town? Friends? Colleagues? Patrons?"

She can't simply abandon the man, it's not how Casey is wired, but the things Petrus had said worry her immensely. He and his family won't wait long before they start making their moves; they can't, because if they wait too long some other family will try beating them to the punch. And if she gets caught up in the chaos that will follow, she is dead. Just flat doomed. That much, she knows in her heart. That gnawing feeling of impending doom, then, causes her to perhaps be a touch more curt than is strictly warranted, which she'll feel bad about later.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010


Victor


It's all Victor can do not to jump back, but he makes himself stay calm. He considers his dagger for a minute, but how do you kill a spirit? He has no idea. No, this is a mattr for charm.

"Hello there. I apologize for intruding, but the word got out in the village that this monastery hadn't been heard from, so I decided to come and see if anyone needed help."

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Dragomir - Yaevan

A barge… just the thought of it made Dragomir frown. It wasn’t as if his journey on Captain Friedrich’s ship was unliked, but after all the trouble, it would be some time before the lizardman desired to take to the waters once again. For one, he hadn’t realized how much he enjoyed, even needed being able to properly stretch his legs and tail while sleeping. For another, he thought while recalling the noblewoman, some isolated travel could be nice for a change. Yes, Drago decided, the land route would be the one he’d take. That would be later, however. Right now, he needed coin to fill both his pocket and his stomach. With that, Drago gave a small bow and replied,

“It is seen and heard, and Drago thanks you for your advice, Captain Friedrich. If a good word could be put in at some workplace, then Drago would be even more appreciative. But, er, perhaps something away from ships if possible. Some time to savor the land is needed after our voyage, Drago thinks.”

Taking up the captain’s offer and going to look for some preferably land-based work before continuing on my journey. This lizardman’s been broke since Lho-Rhydia, after all.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


Elias

Your seneschal and his subordinates followed your orders and traded out your stock. Based on their inquiries, some general knowledge and a few well placed coins they found out that spices and leather goods were often sure markets. Looking over the end results it seemed that while your men and women were not swindled, they probably could have gotten a better price in your estimates. Perhaps it was a factor of being in foreign markets and not being as familiar with it, or maybe there was something else going on.


Karla

The air grew colder as you travelled closer to the mountains. Karla was fine for a time, but as she climbed higher the air and weather grew colder and harsher. Coming from plains with largely temperate weather, she found her tent, bedding and clothing unsuitable for the task. While it would only take a day or two to get through the worst of it, a bad storm or snow could be potentially disastrous for her without better equipment. There were options, nature provided in many ways if one looked, and even when nature did not provide enough men and women were often clever. But each had their risks.

There's a danger but I don't want to dictate how you proceed so I'm going to be pretty flexible about what you choose. If Karla tries to push on I'll roll to see what the weather is like.


Sasha

Looking in the left room you found...strange personal effects. Robes, masks, some scrolls and tomes in weird tongues you could neither read nor understand. There were some knives as well, savage and unpleasant looking knives. They were well cared for but you could tell they drank blood, there was a faint coppery scent around them.You found a sconce to hang a lantern in, but the room otherwise had no light sources lying in it. No candles, torches, empty lanterns.

To the right you found a cage. You could smell the scent of blood and feces as you got into the room. It was old, you would guess that the chamber had not seen much use in the weeks since the death of the gods. But you could see manacles and some implements hanging on a rack that had...unspeakable uses. Paired with the other room you got a fairly stark idea of what was going on in this place. The only thing left was to try the middle door.

Sasha placed her hands on it to open. The relief seemed to move under her fingers for a moment, but as you looked to confirm this weird suspicion it seemed still. Placing it down to the nerves of Dirk and the boys you steeled your nerves and opened the door...and opened into a chamber much, much larger than that which you had entered from. It seemed to be a natural cavern with a huge crevice in the middle that lead down into an abyss...

...propping itself up from the abyss and chained in silver manacles with blasphemous (even to you) symbols and wards inscribed on them, and the standing stones around it, was some kind of monstrous creature of sinew, blood, flesh and bone. As you pushed through the door its head turned to you and its eyes, deep pools of inky darkness even in the torchlight locked on to you.

12:47 PM <•Morphball> HiKaizer: 12 = 2d6(6,4)+2
Sasha managed to fight off something, which she does not realise yet.



Moonrat

The house was surprisingly well kept inside despite the dilapidated appearance externally. The floors were cleaned and the interior was well kept and repaired. There were some places, like the kitchen and storage room that were not as well maintained on their exterior facing rooms. The bedroom however was much better kept. Nothing in the house in the four rooms you had seen so far was fancy or a sign of wealth in any sense, everything was purely practical and nice but otherwise belonging in a commoner's home.

Although you could not say the same about the distressed and gagged ogre child in the store room. He was bound with strong looking ropes and his face was tear stained. Judging by the smell he had not had a choice on where to relieve himself, possibly due to fear and anxiety...

But the conversation was clearly stalling. Despite his bluster, Olek was plainly deathly afraid of the person he was talking to and they would be bound to leave their room soon. You did not have long to act and anything except for escape would place you in danger.

12:48 PM <•Morphball> HiKaizer: 9 = 2d6(1,6)+2


John

Carwen seemed to believe you, but he just did not share your sense of urgency. "I do understand your concerns, and I share them. But there are other things to account for as well. If we are caught in some kind of storm or there is an accident we need to be properly prepared and equipped." He explained in counter to your point. "If we keep from the main roads to the dwarven lands then we should be able to avoid most bandits. Fortunately, I think I have an idea of the area the lair is likely to be in and it is off the beaten path so to speak. Another reason we should be properly prepared first."

You got the impression that Carwen probably had moved his timetable forwards thanks to your arguments, and he would definitely be leaving before the end of the month, but his concerns were also founded on decent worries about safety and travelling far from a nearby town potentially.

1:16 PM <•Morphball> HiKaizer: 6 = 2d6(1,5)
I rolled for the argument since you had not used any traits for it.



Casey

"I...yes, but what do I do about Clarice?" He asked of you, and after a moment of profound confusion pointed to your teapot. Apparently the steam spirit had been named Clarice by him. "If people hear of her then they will come after me as some kind of witch. Either I must part with her, or I must leave here and travel elsewhere..." He thought to himself.

"Where were you thinking of travelling young man?" He asked you, misgendering Casey as he remember she had mentioned she was travelling somewhere. You were unsure if he was just woozy and doubting his sight, or if it was a deliberate transgression of some sort.


Victor

The monk's ghost seemed to pause for a moment, then broke into wailing lamentation. "We are beyond help! The gods are dead and we are trapped here between life and dead! What can you do? I bet you were just coming to try and loot this place. We knew it would only be a matter of time. This godless land was always full of heathens! And now it is truly godless!" Towards the end the despair seemed to break into a spiteful resentment. The glowing figure gesticulated viciously as it punctuated his last point.


Dragomir

"There's all sorts of traders and travelers in the markets. Do you have any particular knowledge of animals, trading or...I guess any songs or stories that might be of interest to folks? Might be some folk looking for a guide or an entertainer, they're likely to be paid a little more than a simple hand helping load and unload." The captain said thoughtfully.

Just trying to get a better idea of what Dragomir is looking for.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker

Elias

The deals have been done, they will be honoured. The word of Aubrecht will remain its bond. Let us not tarry here, if we have successfully set ourselves up to progress.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company


Casey

"Young lady," Casey corrects with a wry smile, "Or Casey, if you prefer." Getting misgendered is not exactly a new thing for her, and she tries to give the benefit of the doubt the first time it happens. The second time... not so much, but that's a bridge to cross once it's reached.

(It still stings, mind you, but Casey learned long ago that you can't be angry at everyone all the time. It's just too drat tiring. So she bottles it up and tries not to let the sting show.)

"As to where I'm going..." She rises, offering the older man a hand up. "Honestly I'm not entirely certain. The directions were... pretty vague. Also possibly a hallucination of some kind. 'It was once buried beneath the waves, but if you search towards the setting sun you may find it has resurfaced once more.' I don't suppose that sounds familiar at all to you?"

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Moonrat

Moonrat narrowed his eyes as he caught sight of the ogre child. He took a tentative step forward, peering around cautiously lest this prove a trap of some sort. It seemed not; no elven blade-masters appeared to decapitate him. Sheathing his blade, he padded softly forward and put a finger to his lips, urging the ogre child to remain still and silent. The question now was, what to do with this situation? He could hold the child hostage himself if he wished. Drag him before Olek and demand he crush the life from the elf-filth in return for his child's safety. It was a risky proposition however. If this elf woman was indeed alone here, that said much in itself. She would be skilled. Skilled enough to slay even a full grown ogre in the grip of rage.

And of course, even if Olek won out, their would absolutely nothing stopping him from turning Moonrat himself into a smear on the wall. Even young ogre hide was not easy to slice through in a timely fashion. No, this would require a more measured approach. It also dimly occurred to Moonrat that this ogre master he ultimately sought may still have ears in the world. Proving himself an ally to his people might be beneficial down the line. Steeling himself against the child's stench, the ratling crouched before him and spoke quietly in the common tongue.

"I will cut your bonds. Your father is in the foyer, speaking with your captor. There is no easy means of egress except through the front door. So." He glanced over his shoulder towards the door, than back to the child. His tail lashed in annoyance at its owner's impending selfless behavior. "I will distract her and you shall escape. Do you understand? Nod if you understand."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Sasha

Sasha blinked a couple of times as the thing leered at her.

"Wow."

"Yer one ugly feller, aren't ye? Not that that bothers me any, I DID live my childhood with ol' matron Snowdrake after all, HAH!" Sasha snorted with a grin and took a better look at the thing, "So what are ye anyway? Some sorta abandoned godspawn? Well in case ye didn't get the news taken yer locked in a basement 'n all, ye should probably know that all the gods 'cept fer Terminus died."

She removed a gourd of cheap grog from her back, took a swig, and then rolled the entire thing towards the beast with a swift kick. "Well, have a drink on me as a way fer condolences. Wanna talk about it?"


OOC: Affable [+2] because I cannot let this opportunity slip by

maybe Resilient [+2] too if I need to keep fighting off its MADDENING PRESENCE every round or something.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Karla

While she was sure she could make it, Karla decided to get better gear and supplies for this journey. She decided to head for the nearest town or village and see what she could barter and trade for there.


Hmm let's head for the nearest town to try and barter/trade for supplies. Maybe a merchant caravan heading through could use a guard etc.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


Elias

The other thing that your people find out as they return from their shore leave, is that the capital of Tamora seems to be undergoing some kind of intense political struggle. It was a city ruled by its faith in the gods, and now with the gods dead it seems that men and women of ambition are seeking to carve a new empire for themselves. By all accounts it makes the chaos you saw in Wolrecht seem like a playground squabble.


Casey

The professor was beginning to fade a little. He squinted as he concentrated though and said; "There is the isle of Aslein, to the west. Much further beyond that are the...ogre islands, but the burning mountain makes the air toxic to breath. I think unless you mysterious guide said anything about the mountain...it would be around Aslein somewhere. They get...raids sometimes but it is...a less devout place than Tamora. I have a cousin who...lives there..."

He was beginning to fade a bit, the stress of everything that had happened was starting to catch up and your magical energy that you gave him was being used up faster while he was awake.


Moonrat

The child looked at you with wide eyes for a moment, fear and also hope mixed into his young tear streaked face. After a moment he nodded slowly.


Sasha

The monstrous figure shuddered, and the runes began to glow ominously. Slowly and definitely in a manner that looked painful the form shrank, rearranged itself and changed colour. Even strange clothing, a part of its body formed in the process. Accompanying each the most dramatic changes was an expression of pain and an intensifying of the glow eminating from the runes and gems. Once the process was finished, the creature looked in a way similar to an idealised and powerful looking ogre. But there were flaws and defects that marred the beauty and perfection of it in troubling and unnatural ways. The sound of one of your men dropping a torch came from behind, the light from it changing and casting eerie shadows across the room.



It had clambered up to the edge of the pit and pulled itself out. The chains had resized to match its new form, and its position stretched the manacles and chains binding it from the far side of the pit to the limit. When it spoke its voice was softer and richer than you had expected from its previous form.

"I felt my mistress's demise. In truth I should be dead and gone as well, as her servant my life is bound to hers. But these bonds-" It said, pulling at its chains; "-keep me bound and alive as they pervert my form and purpose. Even though their magic fades, the dread master empowering them dead and cast as ash, the mortal rituals that created and strengthened them means that they persist."

It sighed mournfully and sensing a pause you turned to glance at Dirk and the others. They had their heads in their hands and you thought you could see a trickle of blood running from them..

"Still, after years of suffering the indignities of those that bound me here it is welcoming to speak with one who does not yet wish to turn me to some foul purpose. Fortunate still is that you seem strong of will enough to withstand the dread glamour these wicked bindings have spun around me."

12:32 PM <•Morphball> HiKaizer: 6 = 2d6(4,2)
12:33 PM <•Morphball> HiKaizer: 7 = 2d6(2,1)+4

You did very well on the last roll so even though this was not so good it got modified by that. As a result Sasha is doing fine for the time being, but Dirk and the others are not so much...



Karla

Finding a town was not hard, people always settled around water and where there was either food or stone to be found. There was to the south a smaller river that ran off of mountain flow, Karla could see the smoke rising from the buildings even at this distance. Travelling there on foot took most of the day though, and you entered the mining village very late in the day. There were people moving around coming home from a day of labour, and they stared at the strange barbarian woman walking into their town. None of them had ever seen anyone like Karla before. The beast within you felt contemptuous of them and wanted to snarl and cow them, but it was sated from its recent bloodlust and you were able to quell it easily for now.

If you are going to pay for anything let me know what coins Karla uses; bronze, silver or gold. I don't know how much she knows about actual coinage.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Moonrat

Moonrat nodded in return. A straight razor slipped into his paw and he quickly sliced through the ropes binding the boy.

"Try to stand." Moonrat put a paw to the boy's elbow and urged him to his feet. Once he was certain the child had his balance, he turned and made for the door. He glanced back a final time as he drew his stiletto once more. "When you hear the scuffle begin, follow. Be certain to keep your distance from the elf-filth." With that, he darted out and slipped towards the confrontation out front. With luck he could cripple the elf before she even knew he was there.

Thief [+2] to sneak up on the elf unnoticed. Nimble [+2] to whip a throwing dagger into her back and evade any counter-attacks. Arrogant [-2] as Moonrat's success in this infiltration so far has gone to his head. He is likely miss something critical or underestimate the elf-woman. His absolute hatred of her species isn't helping, as he is already envisioning his triumphant victory before the battle is even joined.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE


John

John started to get slightly annoyed, he supposed he didn't have any choice but to reveal this. "There is another reason for my haste..." He takes a deep breath and then speaks as clearly and calmly as he is able, "I have reason to believe that the dragon at the lair is still alive, but it will not remain so. It will be gone by the end of the month. So we really do need to leave as soon as possible if we wish to arrive in time."

He was not happy to share this information, he was coming to realize that information was power, and for someone who had so often been a powerless soldier in someone else's war, giving up any small inkling of power he had managed to finally grab for himself was hard. However, he didn't see any other option, and perhaps this man might know something useful to his quest.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Dragomir - Yaevan

“Ah, apologies, Captain, for not being more specific. Hm… though Drago is fond of animals, tending to them is another in its entirety. Singing is pleasant, but Drago would not claim to be particularly skilled. Hm… guide work, did you say, Captain? Drago is not yet familiar with this city, nor any shortcuts that might exist, but given some time to explore… yes! Indeed, Drago thinks guide work should be most suitable.”

Sure, let’s try doing some guide work! Not sure if this would apply now or later, but I was thinking Inquisitive [+2] and Resourceful [+2] for figuring out the best ways to get around town quickly, both by asking locals and some self-exploration.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company


Casey

Just like that, Casey's faith in an inherently just and meaningful universe is restored. Now she has a destination. A vague, possibly incorrect destination, but that's still a lot better than 'go west and see what happens.' Her good deed did not go unrewarded. It didn't go unpunished, either, though, because she couldn't just leave the poor old fellow here - and that was before he proved at least vaguely helpful.

"Come on then, sir," Casey murmurs, moving to get his arm around her shoulder. "Lean on me and we'll head to the docks. You'll find more safety with your cousin than you would here, right? So if we can get down to the docks, you can rest there while I try and find us passage." Us? Us, she decides. She should, if she's careful, be able to secure passage for two as easily as for one, and the professor could be useful to have around... and that would be enough even if she were the cold, cynical type. But she's not; she's too soft-hearted to make that kind of impersonal calculation. The old fellow needs help, and he misgendered her but he didn't protest when she corrected him, so he can't be all bad. "We're pretty close to the waterfront, it'll be just a short walk, you can do it."

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Karla

Karla walked into town. She had memories from when her father had dealt with traders before. She knew the reddish brown coins were ok, the shiney ones like the moon better, and the coins that glowed like the sun were best. The names came a bit slower to her. Copper, silver, gold. She politely asked for directions to the trader she was looking for. Karla would miss her clothes as they were the last link to her people but needed better for the journey. The town people seemed curious but alright to her.


Well she's not a trading expert but the basics are there. Asking for directions to the shop.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker

Elias

Unlike Wolrecht, it could not be clear at this stage who would impose order upon the former theocracy. Nonetheless, Elias pressed his men for information on the current runners and riders in that race, for future reference on the southbound tack.

For now, however, entangling in such shenanigans did not offer the potential benefit that conferring with the Wolrechtian nobility had. Let them decide amongst themselves who would prosper: To the victor, the spoils, and perhaps potential trade.

Elias inspected their new wares, the invested cargo to trade with points north. If there were no further impediments, then they were to proceed closer to their destination with alacrity.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Sasha

Sasha looked over her shoulders at her bleeding company.

"Ehh... that'll buff out. They're ogres after all. No use to me blind though, so how about ye folk get yer pansy asses to the other side o' the door until I've done conversin' with this here fine fellow."

She turned back to the thing with a smirk, "And oi, I'll take back that thing about ye bein' ugly. Turns out yer quite a looker behind all o' that amorphous flesh, HAH!" She cleared her throat a bit, "But ye, as an ogre I sorta do take personal affront at foul magics and the like. So assumin' yer tellin' the truth about the chains and wards, doesn't that mean you'll die when they're smashed? And even if ye were ta die then, would ye be fine with that? Man that's some heavy stuff, huh", Sasha chuckled, "But to level with ye? The person who hired us ta raid this place is one o' them creepy leery 'I shall institute a New Order' types, so I kinda doubt he'd be any nicer to ye than the old owner when he sets up shop."

"So. Ye want these things smashed or what? And if so, how should I go about it? No witch blood in this ogre, HAH!"

OOC: Just conversing with the thingy, roll Affable [+2] and Resilient [+2] if applicable.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


Moonrat

You snuck up on the elven woman, silently and without her noticing. Moonrat would have been able to get a terrible wound in as well, had it not been for the surprised expression of Olek which caused the woman to turn at the last moment. Your blade sunk in, but it was just a deep wound in the side. The pain would slow her slightly, but the woman could still fight. As you and the elven woman began to circle carefully, the small ogre ran out from behind you. "Papa!" He cried as he reached Olek, who grabbed him and ran without waiting or saying another word. There was an expression of confusion and gratitude on his face in the split second you could afford to see of it.

"I thought I smelled a rat." The woman said, coughing slightly. "Like flies to a honeyed pot. You have already caused the death of the gods, and we must cull you before you cause even greater ruin."

4:56 PM <•Morphball> HiKaizer: 9 = 2d6(4,3)+2
I cannot remember if Moonrat's knife was poisoned or not.



John

Carwen seemed to freeze, John could see the realisation travel from his ears and reach his mind. "Alive? That changes everything!" He said and rushed upstairs, yelling as he did; "Wait right there!" His manservant sighed a long suffering sigh, but despite his disappointment in the nobles lack of refinement there seemed to be genuine affection.

When Carwen returned he had a sizable tome, newly bound and he placed it down on the table. Once it was opened John and Mist-Tail could see it was full to bursting with hand written notes. Carwen flicked through many pages until he reached a section.

"Okay, so here are the basic things you need to know. Dragons were highly intelligent living weapons created by a process called Alchemy a long time ago. The exact dating is disputed, but they are a creation of the Old World before the Gods came. They do not breathe fire as is commonly said, but what I deduce is a highly corrosive acid, although they can also breathe a potent poison as well. Because of their alchemical origins, their bodies are full of powerful agents that will enhance the flesh and constitution. This is actually why they first came to be hunted. There are many records of kings and their knights slaying and partaking of the bodies of fallen dragons to gain power. It is believed that the blood and especially the heart contain the most power, although the gods forbid consuming either and made it a sin and taboo; I do not know why, all I have are records of the church hunting down and publicly executing people who did so as heretics and witches."

He looked up at you John. "It is said that a dragon that eats the heart of a living and thinking creature can prolong their life as well, and that doing so grants them terrible and evil power. So if one of us falls, and it consumes our hearts, then it may endanger people around here. But if what you say is true, then it is also nearly dead. Even though dragons are mighty, they are also mortal and it must surely be weak this close to death. As long as we are prepared to slay it, and you take my mirrored shield to protect you from its acid breath then we should be fine. There are records of herbal remedies to cure its poison if consumed within a day. I have some ready, we must just cover our mouths and noses to try and avoid breathing in as much as we can."

Partway through the discussion Carwen seemed to have turned to the assumption that John would be the one to fight the dragon, if need be. Given the state of Carwen, his manservant and Mist-Tail you were forced to conclude out of the group you were the only one really suitable to do so.


Dragomir]

There was not anything in particular that was particularly well suited for Dragomir, but you managed to find a small caravan of people returning to Leindor. They had no particular need of any one service, but thanks to your referral and your broad and unexpected knowledge of assorted things Dragomir was able to convince them to take them with him. You would have to pay for your own meals, but they would provide you with shelter and transportation along the way in return for your various minor skills and knowledge.

I didn't really have anything in particular and your skill set isn't focused, so I went with this. It's not my strongest thread but it will suffice.


Casey

You were able to help walk the professor down to the docks, but he was pretty worn out and very to return to rest. You found a place to sit him down safely, a kindly dockhand who agreed to watch him while you searched for a boat.


Karla

People pointed you towards the shop, which had writing you could not recognise marking it as such. There were a collection of items in the window, many things you did not know the purpose of but there appeared to be oil and salt around some of them. You wondered if the cans might contain some kind of food in them. You pushed open the door and walked inside. There was a woman who seemed to be in the process of closing the store as you understood such things. She looked up and noticed you, but paused for a few seconds before asking;

"May I help you?"


Elias

You set out again, travelling on the sea to the north. For Elias the journey was unpleasant, and it was even longer than the journey to Lho-Rhydia. Along the way there were three tense occasions when you saw ogre vessels on the horizon, but you were able to somehow outrun them. Some of the sailors wondered why they had no chased you, they believed that with a larger vessel like yours the raiders should have been able to catch you. But you made the trip to Vandalor successfully, and came into the docks. There was a docks district lower down along the coast, with a small gap between it and the city of Vandalor proper. They still retained a castle at the centre of their city, which your guide informed you was due to a history of infighting amongst the duchies when the people of Vandlor were not crusading against the elves.

You now needed to decide how to proceed. Your destination was still further north, but your sailors did not know how to sail in the cold waters of the north where ice flowed. Elias could feel the colder climbs of the north even here in Vandalor. You were assured it would only grow colder the further north you travelled. Preparations would need to be made.


Sasha

The creature looked sad. "I would very much like to be free, to fade away with some vestige of my beauty left. But I must warn you, while you could easy break and disrupt my fetters in doing so you may cause the seal to...it is hard to explain. If you do it know that I may be compelled to try and harm you." It waited for a moment, looking you up and down. "You do appear sturdier than most, but even so there would be considerable risk..."

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Yam Slacker

Elias

Green around the gills and glad to be back on solid ground, the frail Autarch consulted the map and his guides, conferring if this would be the best place to set ashore or the one settlement on the northern coast further in that direction. In either case, their reinvested goods were to be traded for yet more gear needed for the expedition, of local make, with some exasperation that this was not done at the last stop in accordance with his will. Still, logistics was in his bailiwick, and whichever port was optimalto launch the expedition from, he was sure they would be properly prepared.

Shrewd +2 and Leader +2 for northproofing the expedition to Day's Bell through logistics and proper planning.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Moonrat

Moonrat's eyes flicked towards the ogres for the barest instant before focusing on his foe. In a flash he drew his blades, his left hand bearing a swordbreaker, for all the good it would do him. Fair enough weapon against his kin, but tall-folk strength would not be parried easily and it would be foolish to try. He would have to rely on speed and deftness alone to see him through this.

"There's no honeyed pot to be found here. Only the festering rot of a knife-eared whore." He circled the woman warily, watching her for the slightest tell or opening. The wood beneath his feet was hard and well worn, his nails finding easy purchase. He should have the advantage in that regard; the elf's boots looked well polished and perhaps they would slip. And while he lacked the strength for a face to face battle, his small size would enable him to more easily maneuver about this room. People always underestimated how useful it could be to so easily duck under a table for a moment's breathing room.

"If you lament the absence of your gods, allow me to send you to them. Or perhaps you have a child I could slay in your stead? I am not particular when it comes to murdering your kind, and since you seem to favor children as your bargaining chips it seems only fair. I wonder, would they have your eyes? Not for long, I think!" He flashed wicked teeth at her, hoping his barbs would find purchase.

Ruthless [+2] to try and goad the elf into attacking him in a blind rage. Nimble [+2] to evade her blows and plant a blade somewhere vital.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Karla


Karla took in the shop and then the woman's question. "Yes...I'm looking for supplies for my journey through the mountains. I was told you could help me?" Karla could see some items she would definitely need, but some which she did not know. Warm clothing, a bed roll, tent...even a well made cooking pot. These things Karla did know and asked about. Dried provisions would also be nice. The odder items though, maybe the woman could explain them to her? Starting with one of the metal cylinders Karla asked, "I'm from far away and grew up outside of cities, hunting and gathering what I needed; what is this?" She shook it, seeing if she could hear inside of it.

Karla reddened a little at her own ignorance, slightly embarrassed but it couldn't be helped.



How embarassing! But she can't hide all of her ignorance unfortunately.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company


Casey

"Thank you for this." Casey presses a few coins into the dockhand's palm. "More when I get back, all right?" It's good that the man is kind enough to watch over the professor, but it'd be best not to rely solely on the goodness of his heart. It's not as though she's making the man wealthy - but a few extra copper and silver coins never hurt anyone. After ensuring that the Professor isn't going to drop the teapot - because that would cause something of a scene - Casey then heads down the docks, looking for vessels that might be willing to take a few passengers.

Memories flood the former novice. The docks were home, for a time. Street urchins are always to be found down at the docks; there's always a sailor looking for a guide or some advice or someone to run an errand that they have no interest in, and coins to be made as a result... and that's not even counting the number of purses to be slit or pockets to be picked. Luckily, despite not having been much of a thief growing up, Casey still remembers most of the tricks, and should, she hopes, be safe from losing her valuables so long as she pays attention.

As for finding a ship... well, that should be a little easier now. She has a place to start looking, after all. The ships that are already chartered or running set trade routes in service to noble families or mercantile companies can be safely ignored; she's looking for the smaller, independent vessels. These ships will generally put up a Posting; a little sign saying "these are the routes we can sail, this is how much space we have in our hold," and so on. Most of them are either family-owned vessels that struggle to get by but are almost always honest... or the shadiest of smugglers. It can be hard to tell the difference. Casey will just have to find a ship willing to head to Aslein, and judge for herself the quality of their crew.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE


John

John carefully listened to the details of Carwen's plans. Everyone seemed to assume, John would be doing the heavy lifting, and he sort of went along with it. He probably was the logical choice after all. Once Carwen was done he pipes up.

"Since no one else is suited to the role, I'll be our little group's dragon-slayer. With the understanding that if this really does come down to violence I'll get first choice of whatever we find, being the one taking on the greatest risk to my life. Now, I assume we'll want to leave sooner rather than later. So if I may impose, might my companion and I stay here tonight. I'm sure there will be lots of preparation to do, but we should make sure we get a good night's rest before we set out."

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010


Victor

Victor looks at the ghost of the monk. "Well, if you don't want my help, you won't get it.", he snarls. "I come, offering help and you spit in my face. Stay here, then, in your half life and be damned!" With that, he turns to walk out.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Sasha

Sasha snorted as she idly rolled her warclub across her shoulders.

"Oi, thanks for the heads up. And really, I'm rather opposed to leaving ye hangin' like that, and I'm not one to say no to a tussle. So, any other pointers ye can give? How long are ye goin' ta linger, for example? Any particular abilities or such I should keep an eye out for? What god were ye related to anyway, if ye don't mind me askin'?"


OOC: Sasha is making some small talk, as well as trying to get some deets on how difficult this fight is going to be exactly.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Dragomir - Caravan

The lizardman had to admit, when he first left Lho-Rhydia, there were the lingering seeds of doubt as to whether his journey would be successful. But look at him now! So close to his destination, and without too much trouble. He even had the fortune to find work taking him to Leindor. As he climbs aboard the caravan, he says,

“Drago is most grateful for your offer, and happily accepts. Request of Drago what you will, and Drago shall provide aid however possible. It is the least that can be done. Perhaps the stitching of clothes? Some experience with a needle is had. Or perhaps there are tools or equipment that need repairing? Drago keeps around no shortage of spare parts at all times. Or perhaps…”

OOC: Accepting the offer to tag along with the caravan.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!


Elias

There were some protests that Lho-Ryhdia had been gouging them and that such supplies were not easily acquired in its temperate climate. Your poor mood and unpleasant feeling did a great deal to convince them of the futility of such lines of argument and they quickly fled to do your bidding. Jacque Kilneir remarked to you that you would find better quality goods in Vandalor for your travel, and began to explain some of the dangers of the journey. There was a trail of towns and villages you would follow north, and you would need to pace the group carefully. Elias had seen some chilly times in the mountains of Aubrecht but Jacque assured you that it would be pleasant compared to the frozen lands of the north.

1:13 PM <•Morphball> HiKaizer: 10 = 2d6(3,3)+4
Elias gains the bonus Cold Weather Preparations which you can invoke when travelling north.



Moonrat

"I would not know of my daughter, your kind stole her soul for your filthy hordes as she was born. Stillborn was she and a symptom of the plagues to come should you find succor and sanctuary elsewhere." The elf said grimly and you both began your deadly dance. She was good, very good, but Moonrat was no slouch himself. You felt that the assassins in your group would be more than a match for her, but you could see that against a larger person she would be a terrible warrior.

The battle did not last for long, but felt like hours. After a few short minutes you had begun to knick and cut at the elf, and if it went on further she would begin to weaken. You knew it and by the look in her eyes, she knew it as well. With a disgusted expression she moved backwards and traced an elven rune in the air before you could stop her. She seemed to vanish into a mist and flew out of the window, fleeing the fight and leaving you on your own.

1:13 PM <•Morphball> HiKaizer: 9 = 2d6(2,3)+4
You win the combat but not decisively, your prey escapes.



Karla

The woman eyed you a little warily and curiously for a moment, but seemed to decide that you were just out of your element and her expression and mannerisms softened. She explained what you would need and explained how much it would cost you. There were some extra items that you had missed, but you had expected that as much and she explained that to you. The total cost of the items would take many of the silver and copper coins, or one of the gold coins and only a few of the others.


Casey

There was a boat travelling to the west, to where you needed to go. But you were truly not favoured by the gods, dead as they might be. The boat was owned by the Leriman family, one that had never been particularly kindly disposed to your particular plight. The younger members had been a difficult trial to endure, and you knew that purchasing passage on the boat would cost you dearly. They were traditionalists at heart, even for a conservative culture such as Tamora was. The professor would also prove costly to transport...unless Casey decided to simply leave him to fend for himself. It would prove the easier option for her in the long run, but it would also probably leave him homeless if he did not die.

I rolled to see how lucky you would be as you did not specify any traits to search for the ship. Unfortunately you rolled poorly...


John

Carwen looked a little pained. "We will need a full day to prepare everything. Tomorrow is too soon, but we can leave on the morrow after. I understand the urgency that you feel but it will not do to die on the way.

In the end there was not much more you could do to convince Carwen, he had only one servant and you and Mist-Tail were still tired and worn out. After a day of rest and light work with helping pack and prepare you felt better. Towards the end Carwen brought in the mirrored shield he had purchased. As an actual defensive implement it was terribly impractical. The silvered surface would lose its protection soon and it was just a metal plated wooden shield. But it did give you a chance to hold and get an idea of its weight.

The next morning you were ready to head off.

In return for needing to wait one more day you rest up enough to get rid of your condition. Of course if you push yourselves again like that you will end up exhausted again which may be unwise when facing a dragon.


Victor

Another spirit popped out of the floor, a large and fat man. Victor stepped backwards in surprise for a moment. "Offer to help? How? We are spirits trapped between life and death! Your lie is as transparent as I am now! You just came here to loot the monastery now that we and the gods are dead. Don't pretend to be offended, you never had any intention of helping us. As if you ever could."

You could return to the bedroom and try to backtrack through there, but currently the other exit, the one in front of you, was blocked by this spirit. They did not seem to have a physical presence but who knew what walking through one would do?


Sasha

"I will not linger long, I am very weak and I should have disappeared the moment my patron was slain. I was a servant of Tymar, god of beauty and art. They were depicted in both masculine and feminine forms, as well as neither, for beauty is subjective and ephemeral. That too is why I do not wish to linger. It is sad that my patron is slain, but beauty is truly beautiful because it does not last." The creature said sadly, while looking up to the heavens as it spoke. The sadness and regret in its voice were plain to hear.

It looked back at Sasha seriously. "I may try to curse you, to inflict physical harm, to kill or to maim you. I would advise you avoid contact with me if possible, I know that those that bound me had planned to gain some power from me and I do not know exactly what form that power will take. When the bindings twist me, my consciousness is not my own."


Dragomir

You found enough tasks to keep yourself occupied and to keep your new bosses happy. Part of your tasks were practical things, others were questions about Lho-Rhydia, Tamora and the happenings you had heard of in your travels. You travelled in a caravan of a couple of carts, taking goods from the docks towards the capital. It was slower than travelling by boat, but the lack of rocking motions from the waves took a while to get used to. The first night you stayed at a farm, who rented out rooms to travellers to help make up for when the harvest was bad. You had an hour or two to yourself if you wanted to ask any questions about the area but it was also a country farm near a small village so there was not much chance of people knowing anything of ancient ruins.

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at Mar 21, 2017 around 02:33

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE


John

A day was about as long as John was willing to wait. Even then, he slacked off on packing to practice with the shield a bit. It wouldn't do them too much good if they got there and he flubbed it. Once he was comfortable, he settled down for the night, and dreamed. He was so close to his goal he could taste it, and once the matter with the dragon was resolved he would at last have real power, the sort of power that would let him be the one in charge for a change.

The group set out the next morning, and John was all business, the hunger inside of him driving him forward towards his destiny.

John will head out with the rest of the group and keep a reasonable pace as long as it looks like they won't get there too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002



Karla

Karla passed over one of the gold coins and a few others needed. She got the gear together and packed it up. "Thank you. This will help me in my travels certainly. Do you know of a place I can spend the evening?" Karla had heard of inns and the like. Karla thought it might be good to relax before the next phase of her journey.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«9 »