Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Rashid ibn Saqr ibn al-Ajar ibn Karif ibn Ahmad ibn Farid

Dream-Rashid idly traced the pommel of his sword with a finger, as he often did when he felt he was being insulted. "Hmm, you deal my people grave insult; Ilan may have its problems but we have prospered under Her guidance. Please do not be rude. But seeing as you have offered help, I will forgive this slight and consider your words. If I were so inclined, how might I raise Her beyond this 'pale shadow' you speak of?"

~

Rashid steps off the boat, gait unsteady. At the edge of the pier, he collapses to his knees and quite literally kisses the ground. And then sputters and spits dust and dirt. "Praise be to Ilan! I never thought I would feel solid ground again! A thousand thousand thanks for...urgh-!" He quickly staggered to his feet and rushed to the dock edge, bracing himself against a pylon and vomiting rather ungraciously into the water. After a moment's pause, he steps back and wipes his mouth with a sleeve. "...perhaps later. I think it is time for refreshment."

And so, first things first, Rashid makes his way to the nearest dockside tavern, guided by subtle clues or some supernatural sense for cheap wine. Once there, there is the matter of exchanging a bit of currency and bartering for wine in return for a poem. One way or another, Rashid gets his wine, and having washed the persistent taste of vomit and sea grog from his mouth, decides to chat up the locals on a bit of information conveyed to him in a dream ("now there's a bit of mystique for you!").

Using Charming [+2] to ask around for directions and information about that Big Fuckin' Lake whats filled with ruins and such.

Rhjamiz posted:

Qualities
[+2] Warrior-Poet
[+2] Charming
[+2] Quick
[+2] Determined

Flaws
[-2] Drunk
[-2] Anger

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Rashid thanks the Merchant Woman for her helpful information, promising to return with tales of wonder for her. But alas, his adventure lay ahead, not behind. And so he set about gathering some provisions for the journey, and some bits and bobs that might be useful for trade with the plainsfolk. They would surely know where these ruins lie. Surely.

Buying provisions and trinkets for trade with The Locals and then heading up-river to the Lake!

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

After what felt like an eternity on the riverboat, Rashid stepped onto the docks and took a moment to survey the layout. Well. Less here than he hoped, but ah! Just there was one of the locals. There was some hope, dim though it may be.

He shouldered his back, and approached the behatted docklady, flashing her a charming smile and flourishing a small bow. "Ah! Dear maiden, I wonder if you might be able to direct a humble traveler. I'm told there is a lake near here containing some ancient, sunken ruins. Do you happen to know where that is?"

I am using my Charming [+2] smile on this docklady.

• Locked thread