Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«116 »
US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

I joined the Navy and all I got was this hideous paunch.

maffew buildings posted:

In theory intro chem should have me pretty good to go for gen 1. Calc I'm pretty sure I'm going to have my rear end kicked

Nah don't freak out, calc 1 is honestly pretty cool and useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

I'm doing calc 2 online through a community college and just spent the entire weekend and most of the past week studying my rear end off and I just got uber-stressed and then bombed my first exam.

Integrals are the worst of the worst parts of math for me - no theory, just memorization of identities and trying to notice little things in order to use some memorized trick to solve them. Also lots of algebra.

The only reason I even got a couple problems right (I think) is from watching blackpenredpen on youtube, who is infinitely better than my instructor. I'd drop it and leave it for the future (and hopefully less stressful times) but I passed the refund date after only two class lessons and three homework assignments.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Make liberal use of khan academy.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Seconding Khan Academy. Also LibreTexts.

And remember, chemistry is cool and good.

Iain
Aug 27, 2005

Khan academy is good. The online derivative calculator can be useful to check your answers. https://www.derivative-calculator.net/ or https://www.integral-calculator.com/ for integrals.

Also going to recommend Pauls Online Math Notes. https://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/ He goes all the way up to Differential Equations. The cheat sheets can be nice for future classes.

I remember Calc 1 not being horrible but I thought the teacher was really good. I got an A but I had to work my rear end off for it.

Good luck with Calc 2. A lot of people end up taking it twice. I can't imagine taking it during the summer. They curved the poo poo out of my class in a normal semester.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

I think Cal II was the hardest calculus class I've taken. That required the most puzzle solving to figure out which method you need to use where you have to pick whether to rotate around the x or y axis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

I joined the Navy and all I got was this hideous paunch.

I had to take Calc II three times, that class can suck my dick. Paul's online math notes and khanacademy are super useful tho

«116 »