Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Took about a month to get the first meeting after signing up. Guessing it varies from state-to-state.

I am actually surprised and impressed at how quickly and efficiently things are happening though. Makes me nervous!

Took the Accuplacer today, third grade math here I come! :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
I was sitting in my math class today and watched in disgust as this dude harvested snacks out of his nose. After he ate his fill he dug around a bit more and wiped it on the desk. How in the gently caress can an adult not only do such a thing, but in front of a class of ~60?

I looked around to see if anyone else saw it or was filming my reactions for a video or something.

I had to see it so you all have to read about it. :barf:

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
I thought I should offer him some loving crackers or something, But I'm just staying away, far away. Also never shaking hands with anyone.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Can anyone help?

I'm on Voc Rehab. Going to school and receiving $600/month; sweet! Just read that I can apply for and receive the P911 compensation rate while on VR which is $1700/mo.

Q1. Is this true?

Q2. If this is true, does it reduce the P911 benefit?

Q3. Read that we are capped at 48 months of combined benefits. So if true, why am I slumming on VR when I could be nearly tripling my $ on P911?

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
I went for a printer. Had a shitton of drafts and papers to write so was definitely needed. Plus my school charges every time you print. :10bux:

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
There's two forms: 29-1905m and 21-4138.

One for items and receipts and the other for a blurb which explains why you need the items. Once I was able to extract this process and info from the Voc Rehab gatekeeper it went quite well.

I purchased mine ahead of time and was reimbursed, which was initially sketchy but all went well.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
After six months of waiting I finally received my CoE and they left two deployments worth of time out of the calculation. Mother. Fucker! :argh:

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Go on... thesis statement looking good.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
I actually use the one at my school because the only people in there are the work study dudes trying to make a buck while studying. Nobody talks about military poo poo which rules.

Also the douchey stereotypes that occasionally show up are quickly hosed with and they leave.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
First official day of Spring Break and I wake up to this:

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

My grad program admitted me pending grades for this semester. On track for a 4.0 so no concerns.

Congrats! Hope to be in your shoes someday.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Anyone else not get paid today? Wondering if it's a timing thing or they screwed up my stuff again.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Aaaaand no money, I was dropped from the program. "They're looking into it."

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Lol! There's no money to spend as I haven't been paid in two months. I fully expect more loving before this gets fixed. IF it gets fixed.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Nine months, second semester. There's some real fuckery afoot because they paid for a summer school class during the time they were not paying me. It was info from an unrelated school official who let me know I was no longer in C31 which caused my visit to the VA confining the drop.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
17 page religion paper written. Drunkeness incoming. One more week!

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

The HK office does indeed need people, and that works for you because English is the language of choice in that city. You're going to need Mandarin for the M&A and good luck learning because Mandarin is a poo poo-tier language in HK.

What is M&A?

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
The number of accepted credits from USAF TTS and Army AIT schools totaling 1.5 years?

Nine.

Number accepted in my educational path? Fuckall. Seems drunken exercise, self extraction from a shithole and camouflage dick-sucking don't appear in very many civilian educational hierarchies.

I have another 1.5 years that I haven't submitted yet. Once I progress to the real kollege; I hope they take something.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Sweet! Congrats

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

A Bad Poster posted:

How long does it usually take for the VA to send your certificate of eligibility? The site says 30 day average but it's the VA so that means nothing to me. Also, is there anywhere to check the status of an application or is it just "wait and see"? The website only tracks claims.

Call 1 (888) 442-4551 and use option zero to speak with a human. Explain your situation and ask for a status update on CoE. They can see the progress notes and give you a better idea of timing. I've spoken with them around a dozen times through varying degrees of BS and they've been very helpful.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Congrats dude!

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Legislation recently passed to make Post-9/11 good for forever rather than for just 15 years. If you have at least 10% service connected disability you should apply for vocational rehabilitation and employment, also known as chapter 31.

Motherfucker (Positive kind) if true. I've been overloading myself with school because benefits expire prior to graduation. This is good.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Many words. Thanks! This definitely widens my options, and relieves a fair amount of stress.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Last semester I pulled the handles on my math class because I was failing and had no idea what was happening. Just finished the accelerated summer version of the same course, and guess who got an "A?" This guy.

Old dogs can learn.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
I'm an old. Just passed Math 126 which seems really low for you lot, but the tools that helped me were Desmos.com, Mathway.com and Kuta software. Don't know if these work for higher math levels but I'm most appreciative of their value at my level.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Accuplacered into 86 after decades of no college. Did well, owned subsequent classes. Have met all math requirements and am doing well. I am a hot commodity for tutoring. But folks refuse to understand that although I can pass a class, It doesn't qualify me to tutor. I can score, but I cannot teach.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Just closed out Stats II with a 100.3% and I am surprised/relieved. Not a fan of mathy classes.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

Officially accepted. I start my MSF next week.

Congrats!

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

GD_American posted:

Guess who's got two thumbs

and a fake SEAL in his class

Share stories, how many medals etc.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

And done with my masters. Now time to find a better job than what I’m doing now.

:hfive:

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
I am definitely a better student thanks to DLI, but when a professor uses the fire hose analogy, i just smile. Nothing will ever suck as much as getting kicked in the balls all day, every day, for 63 weeks.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Well done!

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Same here, plus the administration has not distributed the data to everyone, just the affected dorms.

I officially know of one case, there are dozens.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Just got a Shedule A letter from my school. I understand the words, but is this a significant thing or just a paperwork motion?

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
As a veteran trash fire, I l would love to help.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Nope

Booger Presley fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Graduated. In my fifties, double major, 4.0.

Bit of a boast here, but if I can earn a degree, you can as well. Check your benefits, there are time limitations. C31, C33 expire and there are constant changes so please benefit from what you have earned.