Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
I'm taking a class called Stress Management which fulfills a health requirement, and the professor is Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. Select topics this semester include shamans, Tai Chi, crystal healing and weed therapy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Soulex posted:

I'll fight you

I'll hold down his legs, you go for the face. Communications majors unite!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
A kid in my physics class BLEW HIS GODDAMN NOSE INTO HIS T-SHIRT. Like straight up put his nose underneath his shirt collar and *HONK*.

:barf:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Duzzy Funlop posted:

This post almost gave me loving flashbacks.

Then I remembered I'm out.

gently caress you if you're still in college :smug:

205 days.

Then I get to change schools and get my bachelor's! :smithicide:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Deathy McDeath posted:

Hey there tryhard student vets: Princeton has just opened up applications for transfer students for the first time in like a million years
https://admission.princeton.edu/how-apply/transfer-students

One of you fuckers apply. loving do it. Now.

gently caress it I'll do it tonight.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

BigDave posted:

gently caress it I'll do it tonight.

Wait nevermind, I can't move to NJ.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

boop the snoot posted:

all pf the grades are in.

i did way better than i thought i would. 3.66 term GPA. if i can nail a 3.4 or better next semester i will graduate with a 3.0 career GPA (it's 2.93 right now). this was probably the busiest semester i will ever have so next semester should be easier.

not too bad considering my GPA was 1.96 with two Fs on my record going into the fall of 2015.

Wassup good grades buddy. :respek:

3.2 GPA, 2.7 cumulative.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Soulex posted:

gently caress yes, C+ on the two hardest classes I’ve taken so far. Means I’m off academic probation. Thank gently caress.

I at least have an A and a B in my others.

My school has straight up told me that I can't get off probation, that it's indefinite until I graduate.

I looked up the regulations, and nope you can get off of it if your cumulative GPA is over 2.5.

I talked to financial aid, they tell me it's up to Records & Admin. Records says it's Financial Aids territory.

:bang:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

McNally posted:

Go to the dean of students?

Maybe. I'll talk to Records again when the semester starts, if they still can't help me then I'll try the dean.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
I'm amazed that my college considers bowling a 'exercise science' class.

But, hey, it's my last semester before I transfer to big-boy college, so what do I care. :shrug:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Naked Bear posted:

ffffffffffffffffffff

Those things are so loving stupid and they'll make you pay out the rear end for one.

I did that for Physics last semester. I could either buy a brand new one for $100+, or rent one for $14.

I chose to rent one.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Mr. Nice! posted:

there's a smartphone app for those clicker things and it's free.

And we were prohibited from using it BECAUSE CELLULAR PHONES ARE THE DEVILS TOOLS USE ONE IN MY CLASS AND I WILL MURDER YOU TO DEATH

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
My professors take cell phones seriously, mostly because my classmates are 17-year old pothead idiots who don't want to be there.

I can't say I blame them. Granted, I'm not a huge fan of the ganja, but even I know it's not supposed to be used as aftershave.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Soulex posted:

Would anyone mind reading my scholarship application essay thingy?

It's broken up into two questions at 500 words each.

Wanted to try you guys before I tried the writing center, they just went into spring break and have no idea if they're open.

Sure, I'm not doing anything. PM me.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

holocaust bloopers posted:

Joining the burned out club. Last quarter was very rough. Having a much lighter workload this quarter. Only 8 more weeks to go before closing out the first year.

Same here. 32 days and I'm gone.

Hopefully to Augsburg

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Mr. Nice! posted:

Passed the bar. Guess I’m gonna do some florida lawyering after all.

Your path is now clear. You must run for political office in Florida!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Intro to Creative Writing: A
Intro to Political Thought: C
Bowling: A
Intro to Mass Communication: A

3.40 GPA, graduating with a 2.84.

:whatup:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

mods change my name posted:

man I wish my school offered loving bowling

It qualified as a Exercise Science credit for some goddamn reason. It was either that or badmittion.

Why a EXSC class is required to graduate is beyond me, but what do I care. I bagged 61 credits and I loving graduated after a hell of a semester.

I still can't believe my Creative Writing professor wouldn't let me make up a quiz that I missed for my Mom's funeral.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Grem posted:

Did you not do ACE credits for all the physical activities poo poo? That's like the only thing ACE is ever good for.

Nope, never heard of it.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Started MSU Mankato this week. 12 credits, no scholarship.

Yay.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Woof Blitzer posted:

There's a guy in my networking class who did not wear his shoes for the entirety of the class. He sits in the front next to the other guy who wears a fedora.

Why is there always one guy who wears a fedora.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

DoktorLoken posted:

I'm taking bowling this semester.

Wassup my brother :respek:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
"Check the syllabus."

Jesus Christ if I never hear that phrase again as long as I live I can die happy.

And holy poo poo what is with these people and APA formatting.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Grow a mighty and well oiled beard.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Man, glad that shitheap of a semester is over with.

Depending on how my final papers shake out, I'm looking at A, B, and C, or an A and two B's.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

GD_American posted:

I laughed.

Yeah, you'll get a very polite packet in the mail.

I'm trying to do the opposite and defer payment while I'm in grad school, and apparently they won't even start the process until after drop/add in late January.

"Sure is a nice credit score you got there. Be a shame if something...happened to it."

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Argumentation: B-
Gender Studies: B
Interviewing: A-

gently caress it, I'm calling that a win. Jesus that was a tough semester, I've never met such a bunch of formatting happy assholes in my life.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Vasudus posted:

Barring some sort of obscure use cases that I can't think of, the VA should be fully funded until September along with a handful of other agencies. Their appropriations bills are specifically off-cycle for this exact situation.

BUT WHAT IF THE SHUTDOWN LASTS YEARS?!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

GD_American posted:

Even the GOP isn't dumb enough to turn off the spigot on VA and Social Security checks.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE nope nope nope nope.

The GOP of today will absolutely flush the old and the PTSD welfare queens down the shitter if it means getting what they want.

And this is coming from someone who voted for Bob Barr in 2008 for chrissake.

May evil monkeys visit Mitch 'The Bitch' McConnell in the dead of night and eat his face.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Why does my Conflict Management class require watching two or three TED talks.

Why do people treat TED talks like some kind of accurate information source.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

lightpole posted:

Even Ted talks arent that great. Let's convey a complex idea in a short time period without a lot of supporting info and then assume it won't be misinterpreted further... It's a live action meme.

Gonna steal that, and yeah they're TEDx talks.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

DoktorLoken posted:

I actually did it :toot:

I'M SICK WITH JEALOUSY!!!

Congrats!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

The Aardvark posted:

Tentative final semester classes:

Inorganic Chemistry
Nucleic Acid Function and Protein Synthesis
Thermodynamics
Undergraduate Research
Intermediate Computer Programming

Sucks that the advanced calc and ordinary differential equations classes conflict with my chem classes. :(

When you have your dissociative episode and break from reality, can I have your stuff?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
I'm doing 12 and graduating next May, with one summer class.

After that I'll never set foot on a campus again.

Also check out this TED talk, holy poo poo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBKX-6Gz6A

BigDave fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 28, 2019

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
I don't have any final exams this time around, just papers. I got one done today (:woop:), but one due Tuesday and two more due Thursday.

Reeeeaaalllyyy looking forward to Saturday, when all of this crap will be done and I can finally relax.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Just submitted my last loving paper.

Yeah I'm going to bed. Gonna party tomorrow.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Vasudus posted:

If you have an active TS/SCI and 3+ years of ~cyber security~ experience there's a standing FIFTEEN THOUSAND DOLLAR bounty on referrals for my company. Meaning I get 15k, you get 15k.

Question, how does one obtain TS/SCI clearance?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

DoktorLoken posted:

I'm hoping I have stable employment come this recession so I can buy a house/condo at market lows w/ cheap mortgage rates. Preferably government work, although I work for a large utility which is probably the next best thing after government or healthcare in terms of avoiding layoffs in economic downturns.

Ditto. After graduation I'm planning to go for public service job somewhere and qualify for student loan forgiveness (assuming it still exists in May 2020). Once the next Big Crash happens I'll pickup a starter home somewhere in the 'burbs for cheap.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

bird food bathtub posted:

Yeah I wouldn't be betting on student loan forgiveness. Betsy DeVos is doing her level best to shut that down by slow walking everything and denying it for literally any thing possibly imaginable up to and including you missing the filing date because they didn't give it to themselves.

I'm not really betting on it, but if it's available I certainly plan on taking advantage of it. I already have the "right" kind of loans (Federal Direct), but even if I don't quality I'll still try to find a government job. Looking at Infosec once I get my Security+ this summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Turned in a paper draft an hour ago that I'm pretty sure will suck, and might cause me to retake the class next year.

Yes, this class is only offered during the fall semester. Yes, I really hate myself. :(