Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Just had my first day of business calc. It has definitely been several years since I took calculus because I felt like a loving idiot. Hopefully it all comes back with some practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Did some slight hoop jumping and got myself a brand new TI-84 courtesy of voc rehab. First time I've had a brand new graphing calculator. I am oddly excited about that fact.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

App13 posted:

Is it the rechargeable one with the color screen? That thing is awesome and I love mine. Simply picked it up st the school bookstore and told them to charge it to the voc rehab expense thing

Whatever the silver special c edition poo poo is. I haven't opened it up yet because I haven't needed to use it yet, but it does say rechargeable so I assume so. It's odd, because the last real math class I took and passed was multivariable calculus eight years ago and I had to do everything with a basic $2 calculator, so needing a graphing calculator for business calculus (I think of it as calc lite) almost feels like cheating.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Jarmak posted:

This sounds like my experience at pretty much every SVA event, except replace weird horse girl with some unattractive single mom vet 10 years my senior.

Get some self respect and have some standards, Jesus Christ dude

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I love class introductions on canvas. Some highlights:

"I'm a 25 year old Marine veteran shooting for his business DTA and eventually a masters in accounting. I'm in this class for my degree course and have already taken 202. On my spare time, I enjoy the range, driving my Jeep and playing pool. I take part in many veteran organizations too so if you are a vet or know a vet who may need some help I can at least get them in the right direction.

Semper Fi"

This guy is a boot, too. I had him in a previous class and he mentioned being a med-board and that his goal is to get his degree and then join the Marines again as an officer.

"In my spare time I enjoy listening to discussions of politics, society, religion, science and philosophy. I'm something of a book collector and I read as much as I possibly can with the time I have, mostly of a philosophical nature. I also make maps, drink tea, listen to music (all of the time), and enjoy strolls in the forest."

This person is a high school running start student.

"I'm currently in the running start program and am a junior in high school. I decided to do running start because I never really fit in at high school; I hated the constant immaturity and disruption of high school kids and as a result did not do very well academically."

:laffo:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I was sitting in my school's vet lounge when some kid walked in and asked for the name of another vet that walks with a cane in order to pray for him.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The couches are comfy, there are snacks, and it's usually empty

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I feel like any Simpson's joke about a law degree applies perfectly here

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

TBeats posted:

A P is a not always a P, friend.

My P is more like an S

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

The gently caress is a VPL?

The urban dictionary tells me it's visible panty line.

And one of those questions I never knew I wanted to ask has been answered.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Education expenses in this country baffle me. It's no wonder so many rear end in a top hat right wing types open schools and then complain about the idea of free college.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Deathy McDeath posted:

This semester I'm signed up for a class on Graphic Novels. The professor is the former president of DC comics. College is loving great.

I took a class like that years ago because it sounded really cool. Read From Hell, Epileptic (weird loving book, but cool), one that was about fighting in the West Bank by a photojournalist, and this one about a Japanese doctor trying to cure people that turn into dogs. It was a pretty cool class.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Ask him how long he thinks New 52 will last before another reboot

You know they already rebooted it, right? That happened last year, in fact.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Frosted Flake posted:

The Firearms Club that I'm a newly minted exec of is under investigation by the school, the clubs and societies part of the student union, and the RCMP.

They used club funds to buy handguns and ARs without being licensed to do so or having the permission of the union or university. To get around that they registered the firearms to the club president. That's probably the tip of the iceberg.

:canada:

Enjoy Canadian prison I guess

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I HATE the people in my microeconomics class. There's a lot of discussion in it and last week some high school junior unironically told us all that pricerent control is bad, "Because it forces the rich to live next to the plebs."

edit: We were discussing price controls, but specifically addressing rent control.

UP THE BUM NO BABY fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 24, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I felt slightly guilty about taking food and drinks from my school's vet lounge so I started attending club meetings. It's pretty chill; next month we've reserved a box for a minor league hockey game and we're going to volunteer at a local halfway house serving a meal.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
maybe edit out your name

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

no problem, battle

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I've had to tell a surprising number of vets that they really need to apply for FAFSA.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://youtu.be/ZbLTZNp8zOM

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Zeris posted:

So you want a safe space?

Mine is the vet lounge but I'm starting to get annoyed by the other vets. None of them know how to use the twist ties that come on the bagels from Costco.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
My robot dick is exclusively used for :420:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Booblord Zagats posted:

Ya know how there's always an exception to the rule?

I wasn't stating it's the rule here, just what I do. :shrug:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Those Canadians had it coming

https://youtu.be/J0R5DTHcmGU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Just took a test in my business calc class where my teacher used me for a problem dealing with interest rates and solving for monthly payments. Test version of me bought a house at a high rate and huge mortgage payments as a result. After solving I wrote that he should've had me buying a Camaro instead.

Edit: he knows I'm a vet because we talked about my dick art book after class one day.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm gonna try to shoot for a bit of an Idi Amin-meets-soviet-bemedalled-general flair.

And then maybe indoor-shades for the Gaddafi-swag.

I just realized that - including the latin honors - I can wear four loving medals. This is gonna look exquisitely ridiculous.

You NEED to be flanked by your Korean roommates if you pull the Gaddafi look

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Someone explain that term to me

Levar Burton in Roots was Kunta Kinte, but he had the slave name of Toby

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mr. Nice! posted:

They'll absolutely pay for you to take the bar. They're paying my bar fees and my MPRE fees.

And I don't give a gently caress about competition. You're not selling tacos.

He could be. The two of you could go into business together. You could call yourselves "Abogados Tacos" and have some sweet alliteration.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
You could be like Daredevil.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Duh, athletes make more money for the school

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
My loving voc rehab counselor is so bad at communicating. He never replies to my emails or answers my calls. I had to contact the school in order to find out that he'd sent the paperwork they need. poo poo causes me way too much stress because it isn't something I shouldn't​ have to deal with but it's important that it gets done because I've got a lot more fees to pay at the University of Washington than I did at the community college I'm transferring from.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

TBeats posted:

Why are you so angry

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The people working in the vet office at the UW are awesome. I went in with a couple of issues and they stopped what they were working on to get me sorted out. gently caress I wish more of my encounters with different vet assistance programs were like that. Kudos to the lady that got me my book and supplies vouchers. Just blew some VA fun bux on pens I don't really need but if I don't use it I lose it

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Gray Matter posted:

Care to elaborate on these vouchers? Im about to start my first semester on the gi bill

It's for chapter 31 aka vocational rehabilitation and employment. If you're 10% service connected disability or better you qualify. Check it out because it covers expenses for everything. I got the VA to buy me a nice, new $150 calculator that I only needed for one class. Soulex got himself a MacBook.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Soulex posted:

That was for Vocational Rehabilitation though.

That's the point I was trying to make

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Flikken posted:

I'm going to ask a stupid question, I qualify for around 90% of post 9/11 gi, what is vocational rehab?

http://www.knowva.ebenefits.va.gov/system/templates/selfservice/va_ss/#!portal/554400000001018/article/554400000008419

[quote="What is the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment program?

"]
What is the purpose of services provided by the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment program?

To assist Veterans with service-connected disabilities and an employment handicap and transitioning Servicemembers participating in the Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES) prepare for, obtain, and maintain suitable employment

To provide independent living services to Veterans and Servicemembers who are currently unable to work and need assistance to live more independently in their family and community

To obtain more information about VR&E services, please go to http://www.benefits.va.gov/vocrehab
[/quote]

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Soulex posted:

Who is that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Eichmann

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
They're paying for my very expensive parking permit at UW, thank God

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

i skipped the past 70 posts or so but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say ya'll were being enlisted as gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4kaNXX7KLs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__HBBf_eDLM