Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

My school Firearms Club just made me an exec, I think solely based on being a vet. Is anyone really involved in clubs or student government?

I'm guessing this is a little more than just showing up to practice and meets like rowing and track were. Still, I'm excited to go the 3 gun competitions and shoot every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

So I get to shoot guns and weird girls
will try to touch my dick? Not too different I guess.

e:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

:vince:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

SCUBA club sounds p legit. The nearest body of water is dangerous for diving because the bottom is full of logs from floating lumber downriver. :canada:

I kinda wanna see that poo poo now.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Somehow I doubt that will be a problem with the gun club.

Could you have claimed to be invisibly trans?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The Firearms Club that I'm a newly minted exec of is under investigation by the school, the clubs and societies part of the student union, and the RCMP.

They used club funds to buy handguns and ARs without being licensed to do so or having the permission of the union or university. To get around that they registered the firearms to the club president. That's probably the tip of the iceberg.

:canada:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I didn't realize people could be this stupid but here we are. I think we need counsel because I don't trust 20 year olds to resolve this without major fines for firearms offences.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Dude you need to toss smoke and get out of there. This will not help you on a resume.

I was thinking the same thing. I'll just shoot on my own time.

My only regret is not banging out a horse girl.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I took an 18 year old back home after a crew party last night. I called her "Bud Light" all night because she drank trash beer and then I beat her at arm wrestling. How the gently caress did that happen?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

There's a vet in one of my classes that has: CADPAT wallet (the kind with loud velcro), tactical binder case with waterproof paper, 24 hour pack (with pouches on the MOLLE) for his schoolbag, and patches of all kinds on everything.

It reminds me of the Gear Queer thread we had here.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Do lab reports get fed into plagiarism software? It's good you looked into it, going in front of the board without knowing why would suck.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Deathy McDeath posted:

Guys, school is pretty cool. Except when it's not.

I feel this. One day I'll miss my time in and drink at the grad bar because I feel totally disconnected from everyone around me, the next I'll go see a prof during office hours because I'm so engrossed with the material.

Still better than going directly from the army to the oil patch, I hope.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I was surprised to find that the university signed off on my proposal to start a Student Veterans' Association and have agreed to fund it, once I submit a constitution and bylaws.

Does anyone know about this stuff?

My knowledge so far consists of mess meetings, the shitstorm of the Firearms Association, and The Wire

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Booblord Zagats posted:

Talk to any Frat, club, etc that is recognized by the school and ask if you can see their poo poo, and just use it as template

Thanks. Did that this week. They seem pretty standard.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I have a meeting next week to discuss student veteran issues with an MP. I know most of you are American, and you already get better educational benefits but are there any general improvements to getting vets through school I might bring up?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The school administration has been way more accommodating to me as a "high performance athlete" than they ever were as a disabled vet. The change was pretty much night and day. Deferred exams, tutoring, a more flexible schedule, I can even ask profs to be graded on a reduced workload.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Track and Field. It's not very glamorous but I qualified for National Championships and got a slot on Team Canada for Invictus.

I got a call from the Disabled Students Centre congratulating me on my success and offering me all those athletic accommodations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I want to thank you guys for your input here over the years. I was able to get funding for a Student Veteran program based on some of the suggestions made here. It means a lot because our benefits keep getting slashed and Canada has no GI Bill.