Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

App13 posted:

horse girl

Does anyone know a horse girl who wasn't completely weird in some way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
My math class is just using the back half of the book I bought last semester, so nothing spent there. My writing class just needs a $20 MLA guidebook, and my earth science teacher is making slides he'll post online instead of using the book.

Casimir Radon posted:

The only time I got that was for a German class. The teacher dropped it halfway through the semester. Shame too because it was really easy point. Repeat the exercise until you get full points, she has no idea how many times you did it.

My math teacher last semester didn't even require the online assignments to be 100% correct, just get a reasonable amount done each segment and you got 100% for the chapter.

Kuroyama fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 20, 2017

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Nine times out of ten n-1 edition of your textbook is just as good and is easily half the price.

All you have to do then is either google the differences or make an agreement for someone who has the latest edition to let you copy the parts you need.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

The Rat posted:

Dude. Stay away from the ocean. You're liable to end up in a whale's belly.

You can't stay away from the ocean, it's coming for us all.

On the bright side, by the time it gets to us, the whales will probably be extinct.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Is this the place to talk about students being too dumb to take free condoms and lube when offered?

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Mr. Nice! posted:

When going out on liberty, a friend of mine refused the condoms that HM1 was handing out in front of medical on our way past. He just yelled "gently caress you doc get the shot ready" and we went out into town.

But that's funny, and he said it with confidence. These students got flustered. I don't know if they're dumb, just didn't want condoms from our school's LGBT group, or if one of the girls at the booth was right, and millennials just aren't having as much sex anymore.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Soulex posted:

I usually only bring it up to professors one on one or if Inback myself into it in class. "When I lived in Germany..."

Same here. You'll only find out I was a veteran once I mention having spent a few years out of the state or it comes out that I'm one of the older students in the class. And it'll be during small group discussions, no "AS A VETERAN..." here. I've only been outed as a vet by a professor once.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

milk milk lemonade posted:

My first semester post Army I had a 3.98 or something. Was very upset about my A-.

Every successive semester afterwards was a lower GPA as I realized how pointless it is to put all that effort in.

I think I broke a coworker's brain with my no-fucks-given attitude about my GPA, aside from passing and maintaining the minimum needed to be a TA.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Intro to Education right now, finishing in about 3 more weeks.

Next week, Education Psychology and American History start up. All online.

Grem posted:

Hell yea, I love summer classes! One on campus and one online. Take quizzes where you can google the question and get answers and the professors don't give a gently caress. Summer rules for irrelevant credits!

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Grem posted:

Hell yea, I love summer classes! One on campus and one online. Take quizzes where you can google the question and get answers and the professors don't give a gently caress. Summer rules for irrelevant credits!

Soulex posted:

Yeah, my advisor and comm professor was very real with us when he said that most professors in summer classes don't wanna be there so most poo poo is way easier.

Who did I piss off to end up with the two teachers who decided that this wasn't the case?

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Fan of CC here, too. Especially if your college has a setup with some four-year schools and allow you to dual enroll and transfer your credits. I only wish I had known about it earlier, and not wasted some of my credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Not quite burnt out, but wishing that my school offered an Economics for non-business/accounting majors course.

Getting by thanks to the rest of my courses being subject for non-major courses, and a great friend in my science class.