Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Anyone has any tuition assistance experience in here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

On a scale of 1 to 10, how dumb i am for wanting to do an apprentiship once i retire or get out of the USCG?????

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I honestly don’t know. I mean I have 10 years left in the USCG until I retire or I decide I had enough and get out in 3 years.
So far my ideas are:
1) I will not get a GS job or work for the Feds.
2) I already have a BA in Chemistry, maybe I can get a Masters in Science of education and get a teaching license.
3) I can get an apprentice on… something. I mean I been manning a desk for 10 years and I have never done manual labor. I have been browsing this and getting ideas.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Why not do a civil service job? That way your USCG time (if not retired) folds into your time-of-service and counts toward retirement, also determined how much vacation you get per year.

I will keep this in mind.

GD_American posted:

What's with the GS hate? Come to Uncle Sam's soft warm giving bosom.

No

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

i got my reasons not to want a GS job

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Test, Adjust & Balance Technician seems like a proper fit for a nerd like me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

maffew buildings posted:

In the event any chemistry goons are lurking I could use some help on some basic stuff because my brain doesn't believe in working right

Protip: Dont smell pure acetic acid, it will burn your nose hairs.

maffew buildings posted:

I hate my life, I'm freaking out and I am near a panic attack. Is this the chemistry way?

It was for me during Physical Chemestry