Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I really miss Wallace The Brave from the old thread, it's very sweet and the art is great, and it manages to hit that Cul-de-Sac sweet spot of whimsy and family realism.

So here's a dump of my favorites I saved:

I'll be honest, that snack shack chicken-n-cheese sounds pretty good.

I really like this one in particular.

And because I feel like it, here's the last few days' worth of strips:

Vargo fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Sam's office has been downgraded to a camper shell sitting in the bed of a rusted Dodge pickup.

9 Chickweed Lane

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Vargo posted:

I really miss Wallace The Brave from the old thread, it's very sweet and the art is great, and it manages to hit that Cul-de-Sac sweet spot of whimsy and family realism.
Oh man I forgot all about this strip, which is terrible of me because I really like it! I love that llama one so much.

The Classic Dinette Set doesn't manage time well.

Working Daze is on Day 3 of this stupid gag.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is edited for content.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

This comic sickens me. And no one who learned English 3 years ago would say "honeyed words", but Brooke is utterly incapable of hiding the fact he owns a thesaurus and a big book of old timey sayings, even when the context requires it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Tiggum, who did you piss off this time?

No idea.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Cosima posted:

This comic sickens me. And no one who learned English 3 years ago would say "honeyed words", but Brooke is utterly incapable of hiding the fact he owns a thesaurus and a big book of old timey sayings, even when the context requires it.

Eh, phrases are something you pick up more from who you're around than anything else. And she lives in a world written by Brooke.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

And Toni gets the tiniest shelf ever because pretty girls can't have snacks. Gotta keep up the figure.

The Amazing Spider-Man

That's a side-effect of entering Newspaper Earth's atmosphere. Gives you the stupids. :saddowns:

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is on Day 3 of this stupid gag.

Note that of course the man plays the tank and the woman plays the healer.

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

P'Gell gives me a chance to post one of Eisner's most famous covers:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Cosima posted:

Actually, what's sickening me about 9CL is that we've been looking at the bottoms of these people's feet for the past week and a half.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Vargo posted:

Wallace The Brave

pls keep posting it

Adam Ames

Ella Cinders

That Rookie from the 13th Squad

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

So this is what it's like to discover that, until just now, you have never truly lived.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

:allears: I've been skeptical ever since Manley took over art duties, but this week has won me over. He just needed better material.

Pooch Café

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

baby

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Well, the imagery lately is appropriate. Because this stinks like bad cheese.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Tumblr of scotch posted:

It's called the Great Red Spot, you hacks.
Next, Ripley's covers the Super Wall of China, the Huge Canyon, the Angled Tower of Pisa, and the Bermuda Shape.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Viivi & Wagner

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

With a battle cry like that I can assume the former coach was James Allen.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (Nov. 1, 1994)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

I love to have a romantic evening out with my wife...resting my gigantic upper lip on the edge of a pint of used dishwater as she lifts her glass of pepto-bismol to her unmoving mouth...

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ukonvasara posted:

I love to have a romantic evening out with my wife...resting my gigantic upper lip on the edge of a pint of used dishwater as she lifts her glass of pepto-bismol to her unmoving mouth...

What do you think this is? A visual medium with a tradition of effort and detail? Pfft

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

:allears: I've been skeptical ever since Manley took over art duties, but this week has won me over. He just needed better material.

But what's gonna happen about the stamps?!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Samovar posted:

It's gonna be a silhouette of the Phantom shooting a man, and further the legend of the Ghost who Walks.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Now I understand - the Phantom deliberately let this woman be abducted and brutalised just so that he could rescue her and thus get the political capital to change the outcome of the voting for the subject of the next round of stamps.

The Phantom Menace.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Gorilla Salad posted:

Now I understand - Mr. Stamper* deliberately let this woman be abducted and brutalised just so that he could rescue her and thus get the political capital to change the outcome of the voting for the subject of the next round of stamps.

*For The Ghost Who Stamps Out Stamps

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (October 24-26, 1929)

Peanuts (January 8-9, 1970)

Funky Winkerbean

'

What's less plausible in this scene? An anal-retentive film fan, or three kids going to see a 75 year-old black-and-white movie?

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Previously, on Out Our Way...

(March 17-18, 1930)

Thimble Theater (July 25-26, 1930)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Be inspired by Alex, and do something Fridayish today. Ballard Street .

SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

Holy poo poo. Did the Phantom straight ice that dude?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Samovar posted:

Phantom's going to force Bangalla Post to replace his mug with coloured balloons.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Nenonen posted:

Phantom's going to force Bangalla Post to replace his mug with coloured balloons.

"The next man who moves gets a bullet between the eyes!"

- Nemesis of evildoers everywhere - Ruler of the Jungle - - The Phantom

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

EasyEW posted:

What's less plausible in this scene? An anal-retentive film fan, or three kids going to see a 75 year-old black-and-white movie?

Aren't they also very early? Is old guy's vision really bad and that's why he didn't see the kids before he started counting seats? The whole thing is silly.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

...and the pitch! posted:

Aren't they also very early? Is old guy's vision really bad and that's why he didn't see the kids before he started counting seats? The whole thing is silly.

The kids walked in and picked the best seats while they were talking because it's actually pretty easy to do. Duh.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Today's Dogg™

Dustin

Mandrake - The current storyline is pretty fun, so I'll start it from the beginning.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 6, 2017

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Tracksuit

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Which gives me a pretext to recommend Yoshihiro Tatsumi's The Push Man and Other Stories.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Darthemed posted:

Which gives me a pretext to recommend Yoshihiro Tatsumi's The Push Man and Other Stories.

I'll gladly second that recommendation but with the caveat of "don't read Yoshihiro Tatsumi if you want to feel good about humanity."

Of course, if you're reading this thread you probably abandoned any hopes for your fellow man long ago.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

:allears: I've been skeptical ever since Manley took over art duties, but this week has won me over. He just needed better material.]

Holy poo poo, that's badass. Less stamps, more this, please.

Pop Team Epic
[TIMG]http://i.imgur.com/UBeJaRb.jpg][/TIMG]

Honey Come Chatka

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Amazing edit from a prior thread. Sadly, I can't remember the poster. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (December 14, 1951)

Nancy (January 29, 1944)

Wash Tubbs (September 28, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (October 27, 1923)

Lil' Abner (June 25, 1937)

Barney Google (October 28, 1922)

Alley Oop (January 27, 1934)