Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

goatface posted:

No, the thing with the toilet.

She owns an airline. I thought she made that pretty clear to the german guy, but I guess not. She had a lavatory painted so it looks like a terrifying smear of color his bathroom at home for some reason I didn't quite follow, on their flight to Hong Kong so he could ask her parents' permission to marry her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Surprisingly, I haven't seen anyone mention Bring Me The Head of Charlie Brown here yet.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Works better for this year really, since nothing makes sense anymore.

Is it just me, or does Chief Dharma often times seem like it's building up to one joke before switching tracks and making another? Like, in this one, I thought there was going to be a joke about ordering next year's cigarettes now, but no, instead it's a joke about him being behind societal change.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Oh man, Herbert and Arlo must frequent the same forums.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

quote:

Pearls Before Swine

This reasoning is actually backwards. Email scammers use the same old hackneyed scheme again and again because it weeds out people smart enough not to fall for the scam. If 99.9% of people can quickly identify an nigerian prince scam, well, your 1000 emails sent have quickly found the 1 person dumb enough to send you money.

Re the Morgan daughter, my understanding is that memory loss like that is usually temporary. I imagine there will be a heartwarming moment when she starts to remember some things (but maybe being a prodigy artist gets retconned).

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

catlord posted:

Oh my God.

Had they not invented "catch a tiger by the toe" in 1971?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Chopped up stuff suspended in mayonnaise is a galactic constant, it would seem.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Phimosissy posted:

Has Scott turned the corner? PHB is doing Trump stuff and PHB is a stand-in for idiocy.

My guess is that it's going to be a parable about how getting upset over tweets is ridiculous.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

whiteyfats posted:

I think I kinda like Phoebe and her Unicorn. :ohdear:

Me too, despite Raine Dog and all.

Just loving change it in Outlook, you nincompoop.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I'm going to assume that the bag in panel 1 contains the last copy of Andy Richter Controls the Universe in existence.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

It makes you wonder what editorial pressure Jam Esallen must be under to drop a riveting storyline about spooky air and pick up pressing issues like WHO LIKES PANCAKES.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Selachian posted:

Pros and Cons

Sick lawyer burn. Look at these drains on society taking McDonalds tables from honest hard working Americans.

edit: "Airport Terminal Illness" - Corner Kelly

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Lowen SoDium posted:

Gene believed that we are all pink on the inside.

Except Vulcans, of course.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Savidudeosoo posted:

They can't enter your room without your permission.

I kinda hope this story jukes into a tale about Bernice overstepping her bounds.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

A month later:

Dear Wendy,
I've been weighing this decision for months now. The jobs in question are long gone due to my prevarication. Your advice has been no help whatsoever. What are you, some kind of fill-in advice columnist? Pros and cons? Think? Go with your gut? This is advice? I am homeless and destitute and selling myself to make ends meet. So, what do I do now? I don't ask expecting good advice, but because recent history indicates if I do the exact opposite of your suggestions, I could not possibly do worse.
Sincerely,
Hopeless in Santa Royale

Although to be fair, what the hell is Mary supposed to say? "Go with whicher pays more"?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

*You* would certainly be shot crossing the one railway trestle that spans the North Korea/Russia border, but yeah, it's possible I guess.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

TeerZombie posted:

The art is great and I like the spacesuit design, but one thing bugs me. How are they supposed to ever out those goggles down to use them?

In Starship Troopers, Battle Suit wearers flipped their goggles down by nodding. I can only assume it works the same way.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Saliva boils at over 1100 Kelvin?? Wow! You learn something new every day when you read Ripley's Fact Check It Or Not!

That's what makes it such a good flux for casting aluminum!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

EasyEW posted:

My stepdad spent a few days in the hospital after accidentally flushing all of the electrolytes out of his system, so I'm siding with the strip here.

This poo poo nearly happened to me at Oshkosh -- I chugged a shitload of water, nearly fainted, and recovered in a Hardees with a powerade.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Believe it or not, here's an interesting article on the ampersand! http://www.artlebedev.com/mandership/112/

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Ein cooler Typ posted:

i don't get it

The sale is moving. It moved that couple to tears.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Kennel posted:

Mandrake

Can anybody else tell Mandrake, Mandrake, and UPS Mandrake apart?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

I have no idea why she's calling it that considering that the Mother From Another Country is obviously not Canadian.

Could Ottawa be the family name, like 오타와 ?

(I screwed around for five minutes trying to figure out how to assemble the hangul syllables before I realized I could plug that into google translate)

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

WindyMan posted:

This is just insane.

http://garfcom.biz/

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Is that two I-Pass comp-u-toons in a row? (I-Pass is Illinois's version of an EZ-Pass)

quote:

Dilbert

Oh good, Scott Adams is building a strawperson.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I think it's funny that Everett True, who so frequently assaults dog-kickers and horse-beaters, would kill a parrot.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

That's a neat pitcher full of latte.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I should buy a copy of the Tribune one of these days to see if they actually publish Boyce.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Nenonen posted:

I'm with Ed here. While I do love good flavoured teas (preferably infused in a pot from loose tea), tea bags available at places like this are guaranteed to be tripe and I much prefer plain black tea.

On the other hand, the basic premise is "I'm going to try something new today", not "I'm a well-versed tea snob".

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I sent this to my wife, who is going into urology. She got home few minutes ago, got on her computer, and then shouted (because she had earbuds in) "What does Mr. Potato Head have in his bag?!? Ohhhhhhhhhhh it's his penis!"

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

edit: how exactly do you regular Mac users function? Using this thing makes me feel like I've got an arm tied behind my back.

The worst part is getting used to Cmd instead of Ctrl for most basic things. Also, the Home/End keys suck. Everything else flows pretty well, and being able to drop into a UNIX-y environment whenever I want is nice as a developer.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Sorry Ruthie, you'll never be a homeowner either.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Isn't this the guy from Pibgorn?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

"But public schools aren't _all_ hoodlums from the lower classes." - Comic strip about rich people

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Dolly got into the molly.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

computer angel posted:

Nothing teenage girls like more than big audacious turquoise jewelry.

Maybe Bernice is mentally 12.

Some Guy TT posted:

]

Mother From Another Country

This one made me laugh out loud!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

I remember when Mark Trail had jetski and ATV chases and Mark straight up murdering dudes in an undersea wreck.

Now we have the thrilling adventures of...Mark renting a car.

To be fair, Mark has to play it cool while making a decision about damage protection at gunpoint.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

I hate this so much. Not only did she write a non-answer, but her non-answer is "get defensive and never grow up".

On the other hand...

computer angel posted:

Grandma Sennet's Sugar Franks.

KLÄG7EN grain

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

My wife wants me to go on a cruise; I think I might show her this storyline as evidence that they're just too action packed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Nenonen posted:

Excuse me Ripley, what in the living gently caress does "over one trillion times colder than liquid nitrogen" mean? :crossarms:

anyway I'll use this as an opportunity to post a classic Fingerpori:

"We're only 0.0001 degrees away from absolute zero... what can we do?"

Liquid Nitrogen is about 77.2 degrees kelvin. 1 trillionth of that is 7.7e-11 kelvin.

e. I haven't been able to find references for the Finnish record, but at that temperature, matter kinda fuses together into what's called a Bose-Einstein Condensate that acts like one giant atom. It's got neat properties.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 25, 2017

• Locked thread