Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Every Moomin panel makes a sick av!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Tiggum posted:

This comic seemed to make sense to begin with, but lately I just have no idea what's going on at all.

The husband is asking his wife's friend to pose as the beautiful / heroic person, and his wife to pose as the demon.

I really enjoyed this one.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

It's like the artist knows my soul.

quote:

Rex Morgan MD

I can't wait for A Minor Misunderstanding between the nobody babysitter and the even-more-nobody boyfriend. Will Rex patch things up?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Countblanc posted:

The cruise industry is, frankly, insidious and this whole arc has made me uncomfortable with the unabashed praise. My rich extended family took my parents and I on one when I was in middle school and it was really uncomfortable but I wasn't really able to articulate why at the time since I was just a dumb kid, but since becoming more educated on cruise line practices and labor violations I would really love to see the whole industry go down with the ship. gently caress Mary Worth and gently caress cruises.

A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Calaveron posted:

It's thousands of real, specific guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K340FQqb1AE

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Evidently this hotel is hosting an elderly aunts convention.

Shouldn't Aunt May be about 50 years old, not 800?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

SuperKlaus posted:

Yo there is a lot of hate in The Gay Thirties. That is the most bitter and spiteful "remember the good old days" thing I think I've ever seen. Like wow, what was so gay about that magical time when every couple bitched each other out over everything and all the kids are perpetually unhappy?

I think The Gay Thirties is very tongue-in-cheek. It's a slice of life that, I think, demonstrates some eighty years later, the more things change the more they stay the same.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I'm also madly in love with the teenagers-look-like-babies-wearing-suits aesthetic.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I disagree on all points. I think Tracksuit is cool; keep posting.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

We knew this was going to be a cop-out, but this is even more of a cop-out than I expected.

"The Phantom is going to die! But maybe if we forget all about this prediction, he won't!"

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

"My father was young, much like my brother is now. Ergo, father is a brother."

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Did he use his riding mower to carry a bag of tools clear across the front lawn?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I guess this just doesn't look as good.

quote:

˙ɹoʇɐɹǝuᴉɔuᴉ lɐᴉɹʇsnpuᴉ uɐ oʇuᴉ ʇᴉ pǝssoʇ puɐ sƃɐq ǝuǝlʎdoɹdʎlod ʎʌɐǝɥ uᴉ ǝlʇʇoq ǝɥʇ pǝɹnɔǝs ʎǝɥ┴ ˙ʞɹoʍ oʇ ɯɐǝʇ ┴∀WZ∀H ʎʇunoɔ ǝɥʇ ƃuᴉʍollɐ ɹǝʇǝɯᴉɹǝd ǝɥʇ pǝɹnɔǝs ʞɔolʎlS

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Where Kit Walker went, I think. (A secret temple/Phantom school in Nepal)

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

It might be a transient problem, or something local to you. Are you at work? Any major outages where you are lately?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

10 ounces of organic plant matter is enough Ricin to kill 10,000 people.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

OK so SomeMathGuy dropped his comics, and I think I'l try picking some of them up for a while, specifically, Mark Trail, Phantom, and Pooch Cafe. I also think I'll stop posting Secret Agent X-9, because I don't care and it seems no one else does so much either. Rex Morgan and 3-G are also on the bubble for me. They just haven't proved to be particularly entertaining lately. Mark Trail may not last long either, but it has sometimes been entertainingly bad so I'm giving it a go.

You do what you're gonna do, but I've been enjoying Rex Morgan.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

UWBW posted:

So I started reading this thread like a year or two ago and it got me so weirdly invested in these strange characters that I ended up writing about it. Kind of like a primer for the weird poo poo that goes down in some of these comics.

https://literallytheworstblog.wordpress.com/2017/07/03/the-incredible-insanity-that-is-newspaper-comics/

I don't get anything out of that website, no ad money or anything, I just wanted to share with you guys since you roped me into this.

You neglected to mention that the Phantom's ring is forged from the nails used to nail Jesus to the cross. Fantastic blog post!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Mark Trail

James Allen: Master of "Tell, don't Show."

The real story here is how much trouble Constable Odo is having with this undercover assignment.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

This storyline prompted me to email an old friend. Thanks, Beatty.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Selachian posted:

Edge of Wreckage

Was the ship Sam stole carrying a ribcage for some reason?

Is Sam the first Phantom? Or is this Tales of the Black Freighter?

Calaveron posted:

Working daze assumes a lot about how much people care about its continuity or own dumb little mythology, which is none

My first thought was this is a callback to User Friendly.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Cobweb Heart posted:

Actually I typed all this before I remembered that the Zippy guy dunked on Dilbert so hard, Scott Adams published a whole series of offended strips with Dogbert mocking Zippy.

You can't say this without posting the comics.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Mea Culpa posted:

Bad Machinery

I'm a huge fan of Bad Machinery. Please always be posting.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

It kinda makes sense if you realize that Anne Eiffel is motivated by money and thinks she can bribe her way into her son expressing some semblance of love. Les isn't above taking her money, but he's not going to compromise on his feelings.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Selachian posted:

Edge of Hey It's That Guy

Chad is landlocked, isn't it?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

:justpost:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds.

Calaveron posted:

Prior works by the author

I thought the same thing initially, but Heavenly Nostrils has been consistently good and not weird. I think Raine Dog was just an unfortunate phase.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

Mother From Another Country

I'm really curious -- what's the literal translation for what the boys in the last panel are saying?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Oh neat! Thanks!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

The long money is on Aldo Kelrast 2: Fiery Boogaloo.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Staying up late seems more common among people my age (30ish) than my parents' generation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Elysiume posted:

Someone please explain her hair situation to me. It's like a fountain of hair spurting from the center of her head.

Women of a certain age go a little bit gray up front.

• Locked thread