Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's not like Nona can even lie. Their friend telepathy would reveal that immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

what if she can lie because the lie means they're no longer friends
:ohdear:

Kazinsal posted:

Can someone explain to me what the gently caress 9 Chickweed Lane is about?
Currently it's about a couple idiots trying to gently caress but refuse to until they're married.

Usually* it's about a couple idiots trying to gently caress but running up against the limitations of what can be printed in a newspaper.

*Well, ostensibly. I don't think it's *actually* been about in like three years.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Good Listener posted:

Also I am the last person to know the nitty gritty of these things but...if she sells her jet to her own company, isn't something illegal there? Like it's not embezzlement but that seems like something you would get in trouble for?
Well, it's likely a Hong Kong-based company which is probably not terribly well-regulated, but even ignoring that, provided she sells at market value and it's something the company needs/can use, there's not really any ethical considerations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TJ is going to murder Toni and wear her skin.

And then not have any charges filed.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Darthemed posted:

what
what is in the 'hot stuff' canister
Hot sauce. TJ just forgot it in there after making their sex dungeon.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I dunno, if my friend presented me with a sex dungeon, I'd be more than a bit put off, too.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

We are required to telework any snow days, so I feel you, Sal.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

I love that Sal and Ted are definitely late Gen X, and Ces refuses to let them slide into the default that Comics parents are Boomers, if not older.
With Hil's age, it wouldn't make a lot of sense for them to be boomers. It would mean they had her at 40 years old at the youngest, which is not impossible, but is very unlikely.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

mastersord posted:

What is this "NSM" thread you keep speaking of?

Newspaper Spider-Man

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

If Slylock Fox were here, he'd never let her get away with that visibly steaming cup of coffee. :colbert:
Racist Slylock would blame it on some innocent raccoon, actually.

quote:

The Amazing Spider-Man

So in the Newspaper Spider-Man Universe, any idiocy is possible, sure. But does anybody know what the protocol is for Random Alien Found in the regular Marvel Universe? The need for caution is understandable, yes, but is it really just "Throw him into Space Man Jail and maybe/maybe not dissect him and hope we don't get crawled by the rest of the people from his planet that we have undoubtedly now pissed off"?

More importantly, that raccoon is crossing his little legs!! :neckbeard:
Extraterrestrials are regulated, policed, and punished by SWORD. If Rocket (being a pretty well-known member of an important space team) had proper clearance to be there, there'd be no problem at all.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Tiggum posted:

Actually, what does Sally do for a living?

She's the HR director for Generic Corporation. You'd think they'd have rules against nepotism.

Sally don't break the rules. :ohdear:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kennel posted:

He claims to be poor but owns a brand new entertainment system. :argh:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I love that getting a guy's phone number is some super incredible thing. Like an even Bernice couldn't manage to get some dude's phone number.

Hi, are you a moderately attractive girl wanting my number? Sure, here it is:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wait, how old was she when she was appointed? If she, personally, owned slaves, she'd have to be like 80.

Edit: She was 87. drat.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

I never lived in a dorm and thus did not have to deal with an RA. Seems like this is far beyond what she would be able to claim was in the line of duty, right? You can't go all grabby hands on somebody's phone or their (or their friend's) property. I hope?
No, in my one experience getting in trouble (well, not me - my roommate - long story), they will get another RA or two that are available before doing anything and will call campus police if necessary.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

catlord posted:

Just a reminder, he also sent his parents video of them loving. For no adequately explained reason (even for this lovely strip).

No no the reason was that he sent "/me and Chinese chick I can't remember the name of/" to his parents without actually seeing what was in it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's kind of amazing how far broadcast TV has come. I recently got an antenna after dumping cable, and it pulls in 48 channels with great picture quality.

I realize a lot of this is from the shift to digital broadcasting, but it's still pretty amazing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I would drink that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Still only Luann today because my Internet persists in being a piece of poo. There will be a catchup post if/when I get any kind of a reasonable connection. I suspect it's related to some of the weather issues we're having up here in Northern California. You may have heard about them.

Anyway, here's a big flood of garbage:

We've flown well beyond the realm of plausible deniability that Pru doesn't realize he's got a thing for her. I mean, I think we did that a long time ago when he bought her expensive jewelry for Christmas, but today we've circled back around and made another pass. I don't buy that this New York theater lesbian is just naive. Whatever, Pru. Milk him for all he's worth. He's one of the characters who isn't allowed experience happiness.
The minute he said "it's a date" a real person would have stopped and told him what's what. Yeah, we're past suspension of disbelief here.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This made me check when my license expires.

2020! I'm good!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Once again I will note that I hope Hil remains 12 while Bettina ages in realtime.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wasn't there a whole thing with Keefe taking over Sally Forth and switching it to his art style and everyone was like "NOOOOOPE"?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mountaineer posted:

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Holy poo poo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Oh good. They found a way to make this storyline worse. High school is over, dude.

Also, Gunther's mom has been going out with Mr. Grey for like a year now and it seems like he treats her and her brat perfectly well. Time to get the gently caress over it.
Look at Les getting two dinners in one night. Smart kid.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

For those who don't listen to the War Rocket Ajax podcast, the hosts Chris Sims (of Comics Alliance and X-Men '92 fame) and Matt D. Wilson (of, uh, War Rocket Ajax fame) are going to the Garfield Gathering this year. They're looking forward to the "roomhopping" portion of the gathering.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wow, Luann totally just went from "WELP LES BOUGHT US ALL DINNER HURRAY!!" to "HEY LES IS COMING OVER FOR DINNER" with nothing in between.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

I would consider Les's comment rude and sexist except that Gunther has been going out of his way to be an absolute shitstain for the whole evening, so Les should go right ahead and try to hurt his pwecious feewings.

And Pru is willing to let Les think he's her boyfriend because he buys her things. It has nothing to do with her alleged naievete. She has at no time made any attempt to discourage his attention or even told him she's a lesbian. She is a bad person. That is all.
On the one hand, yes, Pru should have been a bit more honest when Les called it a date after showering her with gifts. On the other hand, it's more than a little weird to call someone your girlfriend after one not-really date.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Weird that Nancy would be about drugs, but sure.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Holy poo poo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

This is me

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Jesus, Bernice, is Luann your best friend or not? This obvious "I've got a BIG SECRET and I CAN'T TELL YOU" pantomime you're performing for her is so insulting.
Is Bernice even with Piro or is it merely hypothetical? Is Piro even aware? Seems he's more into Tiffany.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ein cooler Typ posted:

it's so weird to think that 60 years ago you could just walk into the mall and buy a rifle

You can do that today, 2017.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's been a couple years, at least.

Adams wanted them to look more like a real modern tech company.

E: October 13, 2014.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Bernice has had a crush on Piro for at least a year now, but she hasn't yet worked up the nerve to ask Dez to give him a note that says "Bernice likes you. Do you like Bernice? Circle one. YES NO"

Luann

Dude's homeless, Bern. I don't think you have to worry about his address or what classes he's taking. As for where he hangs out, the answer is other people's couches and, well, park benches.
Yeah, I just wasn't sure if I'd missed somewhere where she actually, you know, *did* any of that. They cut so randomly between various plotlines it's hard to remember sometimes. Plus it's Luann. I'm not devoting any more memory to it than I absolutely have to.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Don't bother, Dilbert, Kickstarter is way ahead of you.

http://inhabitat.com/epiphanys-onepuck-charges-your-cell-phone-with-your-morning-coffee/

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I mean, that's my goal, too. I did it by getting an engineering degree, though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I feel like Rose's bald fetish was underexplored, comparatively.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

He needs to stick to CDMA.

No one should stick to CDMA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I like that the Sally Forth characters all work through and resolve their problems in a good, realistic fashion. In stark contrast to the Luann cast.

• Locked thread