Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

:lol:

"Hey, Mark, thanks for saving my life."

Is this woman hitting on me?? poo poo shiiiit . "I'M MARRIED OK GOODBYE"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Slammy posted:

Mopsy (September, 1940)

I'm really into Mopsy's evil queen look, here. I hope she destroyed that guy.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Julet Esqu posted:

Radio Patrol

I haven't been paying attention to this strip, but these caught my eye. Was it common for police to have their own airplanes and get in dogfights somewhere :crossarms: ?

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Slammy posted:

Mopsy (September, 1940)

Holy poo poo, kill him, Mopsy.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

Oh my, Hil has an Aggretsuko notebook :kimchi: . Good choice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvClxgjYJZ4

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

The worst part of this strip is learning they keep the peanut butter in the fridge.

E: and don't try to tell me they have natural peanut butter, you know they don't.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

:lol: is this storyline from 1997 or something?

"There's no shame in being--" badly overdubbed voice "--a lawyer."

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Did Edda just shout a newspaper-friendly version of "cock-sucking" at her fiance :raise: ?

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

It's kind of annoying that they are apparently just going to ignore the fact that Katie caught Derek kissing Esme. Even if it was something initiated by Esme, they haven't even discussed it enough for him to explain that. Is Katie this good at denial?

Not to mention how all these shenanigans almost ended up with someone dead. Seems like something you would've started the conversation with, but what do I know.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Slammy posted:

Mopsy (March, 1941)

Oh my god :love: .

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Pretty daring for the Dustin folks to run a strip where the sister says her brother should've been aborted.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Ms Boods posted:

Yes, because 8 (?) year olds in 2017 know the words to showtunes from Porgy and Bess.

Maybe the kid's a fan of Sublime :shobon:?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayE6Shlv598

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Aleph Null posted:

I have no idea what this is.

It was a comedy thing in the 1930s and 40s. Looks like it was usually used by a character who was supposed to be a slick-talker or using a lot of obscure jargon. Sometimes it was used to sound like a foreign language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzcE0G_OMDA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2tzUFw_onY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL7efWcaVnk

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

treasureplane posted:

Lil' Abner (October 19, 1937)

This is the worst episode of Quantum Leap :( .

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Slammy posted:

It Was Only a Dream Midsummer Day Dreams An Autumn Afternoon Dream(click for huge) Oh, C'mon!
Winsor McCay Comic Strip

As far as anti-women's-suffrage comics go, this is pretty tame. They're all doing such a good job!

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Julet Esqu posted:

Dez, meanwhile, is revealing herself to be the only one here who acts like a person. I wonder how the Evanses are planning to ruin her.

"Maybe Tiffany just needs a deep-dicking by 10-15 guys." -- Luann.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

computer angel posted:

I vaguely remember a brother but I'm like half suspicious you're trying to pull a 'girl Shark Attack' but with the Duncan family. I also recall Hector having a vastly different character design when I used to read the comic in an actual newspaper when I was a kid.

They redesigned him with an in universe makeover. Not sure why the artist did it, though.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Savidudeosoo posted:

Dude looks like he just got out of a gangbang or something.

His clothes are ripped in multiple places and he's missing a shoe, what the gently caress. Does the 3 on his hat stand for WW3, Jesus Christ.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Hel posted:

Ok, I'll confess to not really keeping up with Intelligent Life so I might have missed something but did he just punch someone for saying they were nerds?

Jock man made a pass at Gwen and put his hand on her waist.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Angular Cyrus posted:

This isn't what I was going to post, but I couldn't just pass this fat, depressed cat by.

Nekonaughey

I had to track down the artist's twitter, these are all so good. https://twitter.com/Qrais_Usagi

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Angular Cyrus posted:

Since people are digging Nekonaughey, I'll mention that the e-book is easy to buy and dirt cheap, especially if you use the coupon code for new members, which knocks off half the price. The strips are mostly wordless, so you don't even need to know Japanese to enjoy most of the book.

Do you need to use their app to read it?

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Angular Cyrus posted:

They have an English version of the site. You'll still have to go to the Japanese version to add the book into your cart, since I guess the English language one only surfaces titles that have been translated for whatever reason, but the signup and checkout processes will be in English.

e: In retrospect, I guess this process just seemed easy to me because one time I wanted to buy a cd from Japanese Tower Records, and I would've had to sign up to two different sites and provide a scan of a piece of identification.

They must get this a lot because I just found a nice walk-through on their site about buying Japanese books: https://global.bookwalker.jp/info-purchase/

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Tunicate posted:

If you interpret Tara as joking around, and Luann being too dense to get it, it makes sense

At this point I'm convinced Luann is on a date and is just too dense to get it.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Ahaha, drat, Iris is doing this over the phone in front of her new guy as he's eating breakfast at her place.

quote:

Rex Morgan MD

If these two end up being that kid's grandparents I'm gonna poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

If this turns into one long storyline of Wilbur self-owning, it will more than make up for the last storyline of "it's okay to date your boss so long as you're a temp and he's not lying about his divorce".

• Locked thread