Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What changes will the new ownership bring to the UFC?
This poll is closed.
Business as usual 12 7.55%
A few changes 45 28.30%
This is kind of crazy 55 34.59%
This is batfuck insane 47 29.56%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
UFC January - The Wreck of the Edmund Tarvedyan

Last month's thread is here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3799956

December was an insane month for this dumb gay sport we know and love. We had a dominant champion being pushed as far as he has been in a long time, a champion being created out of thin air, one of the all time great champions being handily dethroned by an up-and-coming young stud and then one of the all-time greats being harshly exposed in her quest to regain her championship.

Starting this month off on the 3rd was the Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale. This tournament consisted of 16 flyweight champions from all over the world, some of whom had actual legit belts, vying for the chance for a life-altering beating from Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson. Leading in to this night, Johnson had a current-champion record of 8 consecutive defenses. His opponent was former UFC journeyman Tim Elliott, who won the tournament with apparent ease, putting his unorthodox skills and mastery of guillotine chokes to good use. He took the first round off the champion but couldn't maintain the pace and went down in a competitive unanimous decision. Other highlights of this card were Joseph Benevidez taking a controversial decision over Henry Cejudo in a TUF coaches' fight that contained a lot of animosity, with Cejudo losing a point in the first round due to low blows.

Taking full advantage of the new legality of MMA in New York State, UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Abdurakhimov took place on the 9th from Albany. The main event saw The Black Beast Derrick Lewis, contender for the Twitter Championship of 2016, taking on the unranked Shamil Abdurakhimov. This fight unfortunately epitomised the Tragedy of the Trashweights, with not a lot happening of note until Lewis caught Abdurakhimov with punches in the fourth round and put him away. There was some neat action elsewhere on the main card with no fight going to the judges, and Francis Ngannou submitting Anthony Hamilton in under two minutes with a kimura, a technique he had apparently learned earlier that night in the warm-up rooms.

UFC 206 followed on the 10th, and saw the crowning of a new title holder in a division that already had one, sort of kind of not really. Originally slated to be headlined by a Men's Light Heavyweight Championship rematch between Daniel Cormier and Anthony Johnson, 15 days before the event Cormier pulled out with a groin injury. Scrambling to find a main event worthy of the title, the Men's Featherweight bout between Max Holloway and Anthony Pettis was promoted to the top of the card, with the added stipulation of an Interim Featherweight Championship on the line. This confused a lot of people, as Jose Aldo was already the interim champion at 145, with Conor McGregor holding the main belt after knocking out Aldo in 13 seconds. Dana White announced that McGregor would be vacating this belt, which promoted Aldo to full champion, allowing the main event at 206 to be for an interim belt. Several other bouts were expected to take place at 206 that did not eventuate with injury and medical check failures and the old "undisclosed reasons" taking a serious toll. Then, on the eve of the card, Anthony Pettis failed to make weight, coming in at 148 pounds, or 3 pounds over the championship fight limit. It was decided that the fight would still take place, with Holloway being the only fighter eligible for the title. Somehow, the card managed to be incredibly good. The main event saw Holloway work hard for the victory and take Pettis out near the end of the third round. Overshadowing this was the insanely good main card featherweight bout between Cub Swanson and Doo Ho Choi. None other than Dana White called it the fight of the year. And you trust Dana at all times, right? Seriously, go watch this fight if you haven't already, and watch again even if you have.

The 17th of December saw UFC on Fox: VanZant vs. Waterson take place from Sacramento, with Michelle "The Karate Hottie" Waterson taking the honours by rear-naked choke in under a round. Earlier in the card, Goon Favorite Sage Northcutt was schooled by Mickey Gall by choke in the second, demonstrating that the former may really not be ready to hack it in the big leagues, regardless of how dreamy he is. On the main card as well was the retirement fight of The California Kid Urijah Faber, with Faber taking an easy unanimous decision over Brad Pickett.

Friday the 30th saw the UFC hold a very rare non-Saturday pay-per-view, with UFC 207 taking place from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. This event set an attendance record for the UFC in their home city, with great things expected from the return of "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey. Coming back for a shot at "her" title, all that stood in her way was the current champion Amanda "Lioness" Nunes. Drama came early, with Johny Hendricks and Ray Borg both missing weight, by 2.5 and 3.5 pounds respectively. For Hendricks especially this was an expensive mistake, costing him a reported $20,000 before he even stepped in the cage. Once in there, he was controlled well by Neil Magny who took a unanimous two rounds to one decision. The co-main event brought us Dominick "The Dominator" Cruz putting his Men's Bantamweight Championship on the line against the undefeated knock-out machine Cody "No Love" Garbrandt. Very few people picked Garbrandt to take this; out of 129 votes in the GDT poll, 14 people called it for Garbrandt. 14 people were right about this. Garbrandt took a unanimous decision victory and looked mostly at ease in the cage, at times taunting and clowning on the pound-for-pound great. Cruz was gracious in defeat after an acrimonious build that involved a great deal of trash-talking, good and otherwise, from both sides.

http://i.imgur.com/Y7My6aI.mp4

Pictured: Cruz dancing, getting knocked down, Garbrandt wondering what either of them is doing there.

The main event saw Ronda Rousey's long-awaited comeback, taking on Amanda "Lioness" Nunes for the Women's Bantamweight Championship, and in the best "Rowdy" tradition, essentially the entire fight fits into a single gif. Just not the way she intended. Rousey had been beaten soundly in November of 2015 by Holly Holm, and had managed to negotiate a complete media-duty blackout leading up to this fight. She should have stayed at home. Nunes tuned her up completely, with Rousey never once looking threatening. 48 seconds into the first round, Nunes hit a series of overhand rights mixed in with jabs that saw Rousey holding on to the fence to stay vertical, and Herb Dean coming in to stop it. Rousey's gameplan of hitting the clinch for a takedown was negated fully, with Nunes slipping out and pushing her away both times she managed to attempt it. Nunes completed a full-cage lap afterwards with her finger to her lips indicating that everyone who doubted her should probably keep their mouths shut. At least some of this was for Rousey's boxing coach, Edmond Tarvedyan, who in the aftermath is taking a hell of a lot of blame for the one-sided championship match.

http://i.imgur.com/ya4GjyM.mp4

Pictured: Rousey getting turned out on her feet by a vastly superior striker.

Your Current Champions

Men's Heavyweight Champion - Stipe Miocic (18-2)
Stipe Miocic won the Heavyweight title in May of 2016, stopping Fabricio Verdum in front of his countrymen in a single round. He backed this feat up with anotehr first-round stoppage of the most decorated Heavyweight of all time, Alistair Overeem, in Miocic's home town of Cleveland in September. It was considered that the winner of the fight between Werdum and Cain Velasquez at UFC 207, a rematch of the fight where Werdum took Velasquez' belt from him in 2015, would be Miocic's next opponent, but Velasquez was forced out of this bout with yet another leg injury. No defense is currently planned.

Men's Light Heavyweight Champion - Daniel Cormier (19-1)
Daniel Cormier won the belt initiall in May of 2015, winning against the heavy-hitting Anthony Johnson by rear-nake choke in the third round. Cormier defended his belt against Alexander Gustaffson in October of 2015 in a split decision. A planned rematch against Jon Jones was scheduled for UFC 200, which was called off after Jones tested positive for banned substances. Cormier went on to fight Anderson Silva in a non-title bout on three days' notice. Since then, Cormier was planning to fight Johnson again at UFC 206, derailed as discussed above by a groin adductor injury. Johnson will be the next contender for this belt, but no date has been set at this date.

Men's Middleweight Champion - Michael Bisping (37-7)
Bisping had a fairytale year in 2016, first of all beating the greatest MMA striker of all time Anderson Silva in front of his hometown crowd of Manchester in February. Then, on 17 days notice, he stepped up to fight Luke Rockhold for the Middleweight Championship in June at UFC 199. Bisping joked about not having the regular time to get his cardio ready, meaning he would have to knock Rockhold out in the first round, then against the expectations of everyone everwhere, including his own son, he did exactly that. He capped off his year with a successful defense against Dan Henderson, putting the ghosts of UFC 100 to rest. No current defense is scheduled, but Yoel Romero is the challenger-apparent.

Men's Welterweight Champion - Tyron Woodley (16-3-1)
Woodley was promised a title shot against the Welterweight champion 17 months before the fight took place. After Robbie Lawler put in Fight Of The Year performances against Rory MacDonald in July 2015 and Carlos Condit in January 2016, Woodley went into their fight in July of 2016 as a significant underdog. This meant nothing, with Lawler going down to strikes in the first round. Woodley defended his belt against Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson, putting on an incredible fight that ended in a majority draw at UFC 205 in New York in November 2016. After the fight, Dana White indicated that the rematch would be the next defense, with no date currently attached.

Men's Lightweight Champion - Conor MacGregor (21-3)
After punching his way to the Featherweight Championship in December 2015, McGregor was slated to fight Rafael dos Anjos for the Lightweight Championship in March of 2015. With dos Anjos pulling out of this with a broken foot sustained in sparring, Nate Diaz took the fight on 9 days' notice, winning handily in the second round with a rear-naked choke against a gassed McGregor. A rematch of this fight was held in August 2016, with McGregor fighting with a much more conservative, patient style, taking the fight by majority decision. A "superfight" was scheduled for UFC 205 in November 2015, with McGregor taking on Lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez. This fight was one-sided with McGregor boxing Alvarez to a standstill in the second round, after taking the first round 10-8. McGregor would go on to have the Featherweight title stripped off him in December 2016, to make way for an Interim championship to be created.

Men's Featherweight Champion - Jose Aldo Jr. (26-2)
Aldo spent the better part of a decade being an unstoppable force at Featherweight; first with the WEC where he won the title in November 2009, then in the UFC after the former was absorbed by them. This run was derailed by Conor McGregor in December 2015, where Aldo was knocked into unconsciousness 13 seconds into the first round. An opportunity came Aldo's way in July of 2016, with an Interim Championship fight against Frankie Edgar at UFC 200 seeing Aldo regaining gold again. With McGregor being stripped of the Featherweight Championship before UFC 206, and Max Holloway winning the Interim title at that event, Aldo was promoted to Featherweight Champion, with his next defense against Holloway being as yet unscheduled.

Men's Interim Featherweight Champion - Max Holloway (17-3)
Holloway put together a 9-fight win streak, with several Performance of the Night bonuses, before answering the call to contend for the Interim Featherweight Championship at UFC 206 in December 2016. Taking out Anthony Pettis with a body kick and punches late in the third round, he has set himself up for a bout against jose Aldo at an unscheduled time in the future to combine the Featherweight Championship.

Men's Bantamweight Champion - Cody Garbrandt (11-0)
After amassing a professional record of 5-0 in the minor leagues, Garbrandt was able to parley this into a UFC contract in January 2015. He then went on to win 5 fights in a row in the UFC, including going from unranked at Bantamweight at the start of 2016 into championship contention at the end. He took on Dominick Cruz for the title at UFC 207 in late December, and in contrast to analysis from a variety of sources, took out Cruz in a unanimous decision. No current defense is scheduled.

Men's Flyweight Champion - Demetrious Johnson (25-2-1)
After winning the Flyweight Championship in September 2012 in a split decision against Joseph Benevidez, Johnson has amassed a 9-fight streak against the best that the division has had to offer. He has been so dominant that the UFC held an entire Ultimate Figher tournament to find his next challenger. The culmination of this was that Tim Elliott came back out of the MMA wilderness to lose a competitive match against Johnson in early December 2016. No current challenger is announced.

Women's Bantamweight Champion - Amanda Nunes (14-4)
Nunes headlined UFC 200 in July of 2016, putting a vicious beating on Miesha Tate and securing a rear-nake choke victory in a little over three minutes. She backed this up with a brutal 48-second TKO victory against former Women's Bantamweight Champion and WMMA pioneer Rounda Rousey in late December 2016. No current challenger announced.

Women's Strawweight Champion - Joanna Jędrzejczyk (13-0)
After winning the Women's Strawweight Championship against the one-dimensional Carla Esparza in March 2015, Jędrzejczyk has defended her title four times. Most recent of these was against her Polish countrywoman Karolina Kowalkiewicz at UFC 205 in November 2016. No current challenger is announced.

Upcoming Events, or, poo poo, December Was Busy Better Take It Down A Notch
UFC Fight Night 103: Rodriguez vs. Penn - January 15th
UFC on FOX 23: Shevchenko vs. Pena - January 28th

Credible news sources:
http://www.mmajunkie.com
http://www.cagepotato.com/
http://www.f4wonline.com/
http://www.mmamania.com

January is going to see a few serious lulls in the action with only two fight cards, neither of which is a pay-per-view. This month also sees the retirement of Joe Silva, the UFC match-maker and one of the longest-running employees of the company. 2017 also sees the end of Mike Goldberg, with no concrete announcement as to his replacement, and Joe Rogan taking a less strenuous schedule on board, calling only the major cards in North America. 2017 sees the first full year of the new ownership of the company. We are in uncharted waters here, and there will probably be significant discussion surrounding those issues. All this and your regularly scheduled shitposting in this, your first UFC thread of the new year.

Also, if you're wondering what the gently caress, here you go.

Memento fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Cool champs imo

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Memento posted:

Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale[/b]. This tournament consisted of 16 flyweight champions from all over the world, some of whom had actual legit belts, vying for the chance for a life-altering beating from Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson. Leading in to this night, Johnson had a current-champion record of 8 consecutive defenses. His opponent was former UFC journeyman Tim Elliott, who won the tournament with apparent ease, putting his unorthodox skills and mastery of guillotine chokes to good use. He took the first round off the champion but couldn't maintain the pace and went down in a competitive unanimous decision. Other highlights of this card were Joseph Benevidez losing a controversial decision to Henry Cejudo in a TUF coaches' fight that contained a lot of animosity, with Cejudo losing a point in the first round due to low blows.

No, Benevidez won the fight against Cejudo

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

tumor looking batty posted:

No, Benevidez won the fight against Cejudo

Thanks, fixed.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Memento posted:

Your new thread is up. Thank you Trast.

Inspiration struck me much like Amanda Nunes struck Ronda Rousey. Also in case they got missed with the thread closing some other folks had Gordon Lightfoot speaking to them.

Bluedeanie posted:

Oh, the year was two thousand and sixteen
(How I wish I weren't at Glendale now)
When a title shot came from Dana White
To entice me to return and fight
God drat them all
I was told we'd strap my waist with ten ounces of gold
I'd take no strikes, wouldn't look like meat
Now I'm a broken ex champ in the Vegas heat
The last of Edmond's golden geese

exploded mummy posted:

When suppertime came, the old cook came on deck
Sayin', "CLINCH CLINCH CLINCH"
At seven p.m., a main hatchway caved in
He said "NOOO NOOOO NOOO"

exploded mummy posted:

the ship bell chimed 29 times, one for each punch landed cuz of the Edmund Tarvardyan

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I could easily beat the poo poo out of those guys in a fight. Just kidding

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

I could easily beat the poo poo out of those guys in a fight. Just kidding

do you think that you could beat nick diaz in a bike race

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

do you think that you could beat nick diaz in a bike race

as easily as a pro fighter would beat an amateur :P. but he would just as easily beat me in a fight obviously. he would possibly beat me in a triathlon too cos my swimming is bad and my run is average

mistakinder
Mar 19, 2010

YES
Thinking about the tone being set by Goldie getting his pink slip and all this talk of making the sport as cookie cutter and corporate as possible, UFC Unfiltered must have it's day numbered surely?

If WME IMG hates corn to the core and Watt Miman, what must they make of Jim Nortons masturbatory habits and Matt Serra soiling himself on exercise equipment?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mistakinder posted:

Thinking about the tone being set by Goldie getting his pink slip and all this talk of making the sport as cookie cutter and corporate as possible, UFC Unfiltered must have it's day numbered surely?

If WME IMG hates corn to the core and Watt Miman, what must they make of Jim Nortons masturbatory habits and Matt Serra soiling himself on exercise equipment?

they probably love that stuff

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

WME IMG has partial ownership stakes held by NFL team owners so I could see them mimicking the NFL model which prints money.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
maybe I'm completely atypical but I've never heard that pod cast so I can only assume it's some invisible hyper inside baseball poo poo to most so it might get leeway

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
They care about cash money as they have a huge amount of debt to service now. As well as saving cash, everything right now is to make them as desirable as possible to networks as they negotiate rights.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
https://twitter.com/allelbows/status/815494203320864769

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
There is allegedly a man named "Drakkar Klose" on the next card and I think this is the first time Wikipedia vandalism has spread beyond Wikipedia

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Is she trying to make a point or is Esther Lin just really into Ronda's butt?

genderfluid and beautiful
Feb 1, 2005

They really light her differently after a crushing loss, good catch IMO

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Sprecherscrow posted:

Think she is going for a body language angle.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Trast posted:

Think she is going for a body language angle.

Shoulders are up then down, general posture goes from confident/optimistic to disappointed/broken.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm all over Esther Lin because she's the greatest but there's not really anything of note there. The angles different enough on the after pic to get a real grasp on her posture to compare. She's not especially orange either actually.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Sprecherscrow posted:

I think she's trying to point out the lack of poise in the after photo. Goons, it's time to weigh in on Ronda's posture.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Another interpretation might be that it doesn't look that different and it's been about a minute but some very serious poo poo got settled.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I like Esther Lin's work, but this doesn't show much to me.

Maybe it captures that you don't get too bummed even after getting punched up good if you realize you just made $3m in less than a minute?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Triticum Guzzler posted:

maybe I'm completely atypical but I've never heard that pod cast so I can only assume it's some invisible hyper inside baseball poo poo to most so it might get leeway

Matt serra talks about comic book poo poo a bunch, Jim Norton talks about sex stuff he's into, and they talk to fighters like johny Hendricks who says his new nutritionist, who's company is called "Loutrition" cuz his name is Lou, totally have his weight issues fixed. It's dumb, but I listen occasionally at work. No idea if it's a money maker, but it's not exactly a super essential thing and the new owners might be inclined to get rid of it. Who knows.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
Just a reminder, as a basis for mma thai kwon do is totally hosed [has the wrong type of ram] and we'll shoot in double leg side control to purple nerples without mercy for wearing its gi; but the new updates to karate are really good for blonde white rednecks, its uh tapatio flavor doritos tier.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Goood thread and OP. I would consider maybe adding something about the new rules in there

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

need some red lines drawn on this mah stat

mewse
May 2, 2006

i can still taste him posted:

I like Esther Lin's work, but this doesn't show much to me.

I don't think it's meant to exhibit anything in specific. She was probably editing her photos and realized she captured the exact same pose before and after the fight. Looking at them, they're practically the exact same picture with completely different contexts which does make them fleetingly interesting to look at. You can kinda see defeat in Ronda's shoulders but it's more likely just the release of tension that would happen after any bout.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

mewse posted:

I don't think it's meant to exhibit anything in specific. She was probably editing her photos and realized she captured the exact same pose before and after the fight. Looking at them, they're practically the exact same picture with completely different contexts which does make them fleetingly interesting to look at. You can kinda see defeat in Ronda's shoulders but it's more likely just the release of tension that would happen after any bout.

Absolutely, but let them keep coming up with retarded interpretations of minute or even nonexistent details

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I think that's great. It's like Nunes sent everything back to where it started. "And still." There's also a bit of that part of Rousey's fighter brain that wants to keep going, even though it would probably result in brain death, because she's too stupid and competitive to give up. Even though her posture is broken and she's softened, her fists are still in the same position, and she's still tracking her opponent.

Gay Horney posted:

Goood thread and OP. I would consider maybe adding something about the new rules in there

2017 has some major changes to the Unified Rules - in short, there are now stronger rules against eye pokes and softened rules against kneeing the head of a "grounded" opponent. Judges are now being explicitly encouraged to give 10-8s for "wide margins" and 10-7s (!) for "overwhelming" rounds. Funny thing about this is that the New Jersey commission, which first sanctioned the Unified Rules of MMA, is the lone holdout on adopting the new protocol.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
its just the angle. ill wait for someone to draw epic red lines on the picture to confirm ,but id like to direct your attention to the distance between her elbows and lower strap of her top. youll notice that the distance in both pictures is roughly the same, indciating consistent shoulder height

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

CommonShore posted:

I think that's great. It's like Nunes sent everything back to where it started. "And still." There's also a bit of that part of Rousey's fighter brain that wants to keep going, even though it would probably result in brain death, because she's too stupid and competitive to give up. Even though her posture is broken and she's softened, her fists are still in the same position, and she's still tracking her opponent.

Lmao that's what I'm talkin about

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
The blue shorts represent sadness and i humbly accept my entry into the Guinness Book of Fuckin Retards

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

mewse posted:

yeah basically but people are gonna sperg I guess

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

CommonShore posted:

It's just like looking ten years into the past when I was doing my college course in English lit.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
I call this series "cradle to the grave." In the first shot ronda rousey watches over lioness nunes like a cradle, in the second shot she is as still and cold as a grave .

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

goodbye bruce buffer :smith:

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Skip My Posts posted:

The blue shorts represent sadness and i humbly accept my entry into the Guinness Book of Fuckin Retards

Rofl

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
okay, fine, i guess i have to break it down for you guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Ray Borg soundly beat Smolka, yeah, but I don't like it when a fighter doesn't make weight and wins, and it's just another win on their record. It should be like a one way thing like the Pettis-Holloway fight where if the fat guy wins then it's a draw or a no-contest or something. Probably not exactly that, but taking a 30 percent hit on your purse doesn't feel enough especially if you win partly due to being heavier and stronger than your opponent.

• Locked thread