Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Real hurthling! posted:

I wonder if these co marketing deals ps4 had with both those games stipulated that they had to be free one day.

^^^

Oh theyre kill streak rewards? Hmm. I prefer vehicles on map but thats better at least

Over the course of the match you get battle points for doing stuff, I think stuff like killstreaks give more points and then you spend those battle points in between spawns to choose stuff to buy. They do limit the amount of heroes and vehicles that a team can have on a map at once though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
The problem I have with battlefront 2 is that it takes 100gb to install, then if it has to patch, it wants another 100gb free to apply it.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Arms_Akimbo posted:

The problem I have with battlefront 2 is that it takes 100gb to install, then if it has to patch, it wants another 100gb free to apply it.

So I'm gonna have to uninstall Modern Warfare then. This PS4 ain't big enough for 2 games demanding 400GB.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Yeah it's a trend that desperately needs to die. There is no excuse. That is some people's entire data cap for the month.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Shadow225 posted:

Yeah it's a trend that desperately needs to die. There is no excuse. That is some people's entire data cap for the month.

I mean it’s the data caps that should die.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Why not both?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Now im hungry for tacos

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anyone know who it's best to contact about a wrong PSN code? I bought the special edition of Metro Exodus on sale and the code printed on the season pass insert is actually a second dynamic theme code, not sure if it's some Sony support should sort out?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'd contact the publisher first

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Anyone know who it's best to contact about a wrong PSN code? I bought the special edition of Metro Exodus on sale and the code printed on the season pass insert is actually a second dynamic theme code, not sure if it's some Sony support should sort out?

Where did you buy it from? I’d try the retail store first. If you bought it from Amazon they should be able to ship you a new one and then you ship the old one back on their dime (don’t even have to talk to a person). I think most “big box” retailers will do likewise if you get the right cs agent. Unfortunately I doubt things would get resolved on Sony’s side, especially in a timely fashion.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It was online from a smaller UK store, cheers I'll try contacting them first then maybe the publisher.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

It was online from a smaller UK store, cheers I'll try contacting them first then maybe the publisher.

I actually did a quick check and this misprint is a known issue. Go to this site and put in the bad code, they'll spit out a good code.

https://keyexchange.metrothegame.com/

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh wow cheers, you know I didn't even think to check.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh wow cheers, you know I didn't even think to check.

Neither did I until after my last post. Let us know if it works.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yup, worked a treat, thanks!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Sakurazuka posted:

Funnily enough I got the DLC code from my dynamic theme so I was pretty happy about that haha.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

kirbysuperstar posted:

If a game on the EU and AU stores have the same product code then if I import the disc from the UK I should be able to get the DLC on my AU account, yeah? Granblue didn't get a physical release here.

Finally happy to report after over a month of the drat game being who the gently caress knows where between Royal Mail and Australia Post that it did indeed work just fine with AU DLC.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1266384121460191234?s=20

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sony has updated its certification process.

Games submitted for approval after July 13th must be able to run on PS5. I don't believe this necessarily means with any sort of enhancements, just for-sure at least the PS4 code version will work.

The Last of Us Part II has been confirmed as being a game that will be able to run on PS5.

No official word on Ghost of Tsushima (it would submit for approval prior to the cutoff) but it seems pretty certain it'll work too, as will any PS4 game released after that time (e.g. AC Valhalla, Watch_Dogs Legion, Cyberpunk 2077, the "2021" Sports titles etc.)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Does that mean dev kits are widely available now?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Does that mean dev kits are widely available now?

There's apparently stuff for this in PS4 DevKit updates from a few months back.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Oh Ghost of Tsushima actually WAS confirmed as runnable on PS5 so that settles that.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

BisterdDave posted:

So I'm gonna have to uninstall Modern Warfare then. This PS4 ain't big enough for 2 games demanding 400GB.

remind me why the army-mans games routinely take up over a hundred gigs? language packs?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

remind me why the army-mans games routinely take up over a hundred gigs? language packs?

Probably uncompressed textures and audio, and the downloads are probably big because they have big container files that when you change one thing, you need to change the whole container file

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

Oh Ghost of Tsushima actually WAS confirmed as runnable on PS5 so that settles that.

they probably want to stop devs from releasing games only in ps4 compatibility mode for years

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

Not language packs for sure. In fact I have this issue with CoD WWII and the free to play Warzone in that, my region is spain but my system is in english, the games ONLY play in Italian and when I set my system's to spanish it'll download the spanish language pack but I can't get them to play in english unless I make a native english speaking account (UK, US, Canada or whatever) because Activision set it so.

They just take THAT big because they use a ton of uncompressed assets and they don't even bother trying to optimize for users that may be using a 500gb HDD.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

This has been postponed with no new date yet
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1267525525825900549?s=20

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

That is surprisingly awesome. Wow.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Good move imho

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Not to mention it would be completely drowned out.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Yeah, surprisingly appropriate.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
taking the time to scrub "looter shooter" from 3 of the game trailers they had prepared.

Musharraf
Aug 26, 2004

by Reene
loving lmao. Please don't loot our offices, we're the good multinational megacorp.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Days of Play sale is I think live everywhere. North America the individual items are discounted but I don't think there's a master "deals" page yet.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lots of stuff that's on sale more often than not but quite a few are the lowest price I've seen, might grab Ace Combat 7 for £16

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

I just bought Death Stranding for $24, time to reconnect America!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Why is DMC5 consistently listed as „Devil May Cry 5 (with red orbs)”? It’s one of the funniest things in the store

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

goblin week posted:

Why is DMC5 consistently listed as „Devil May Cry 5 (with red orbs)”? It’s one of the funniest things in the store

:orb:

I think they changed the base game on the store so when you buy it you get bonus orbs that you didn't get if you bought at launch, and it has that name as a result.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Man, it is really annoying how if you either download a game via PS Now, or have EA Access for most base EA games, how you are completely blocked from purchasing them for keeps until your subscription runs out or, in the case of PS Now, the game is removed from the service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I just beat Rise of the Tomb Raider (good but slightly too bloated and the zombie survival DLC made me roll my eyes and be grateful that zombies aren't the cool thing to put in games anymore) and was like, hey, I should pick up Shadow if it goes on sale...and then a day later its $19. Divine providence?