Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

hadji murad posted:

Who owns KoA now? Does Kurt Schilling make any money off of it?

He does not. THQ Nordic does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
With Black Friday coming up and my PlayStation Plus set to auto renew, CDKeys.com has 12-month codes for $30.

https://www.cdkeys.com/1-year-playstation-plus-membership-ps3-ps4-ps-vita-digital-code

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Cais posted:

With Black Friday coming up and my PlayStation Plus set to auto renew, CDKeys.com has 12-month codes for $30.

https://www.cdkeys.com/1-year-playstation-plus-membership-ps3-ps4-ps-vita-digital-code

I tried to order one of these at the end of September and my order was just left on hold then refunded. Same thing happened to a bunch of people, we were all in the UK so I'm not sure if that's preventing the sale (although I can't see why it would) so be aware you might not get your item.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

fat gay nonce posted:

I tried to order one of these at the end of September and my order was just left on hold then refunded. Same thing happened to a bunch of people, we were all in the UK so I'm not sure if that's preventing the sale (although I can't see why it would) so be aware you might not get your item.

You are buying US region codes not in the US. They are probably prevented from selling them out of the intended region the codes are for.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
fwiw I just ordered one in the U.S. and it worked fine. Just used PayPal without even having to create an account on the site. Thanks op!

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Ape Agitator posted:

Downsides: still a clunky UI and only four spots for spells/abilities despite you definitely wanting access to more (and PC had 10 hotkeys), load times can be annoying when leaving buildings in town, old glitches still exist, and no lock-on for an ARPG released in the mid 2000s.

The UI is mostly the same but you do now get 8 controller spell slots, by way of a button that switches between two sets of four.

In general the game is kind of dated but otherwise decent in its genre and worth getting cheap. The remake isn't exactly an overhaul but it adds definite quality of life.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

jabro posted:

You are buying US region codes not in the US. They are probably prevented from selling them out of the intended region the codes are for.

That would explain it!

I waited until I had checked out, got my code, and redeemed it before I posted it in here. That much of a discount would normally make me wary, but I had seen enough people successfully purchase that I figured it was worth a shot.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Caphi posted:

The UI is mostly the same but you do now get 8 controller spell slots, by way of a button that switches between two sets of four.

In general the game is kind of dated but otherwise decent in its genre and worth getting cheap. The remake isn't exactly an overhaul but it adds definite quality of life.

Finally got it. If you press L1 while on the ability map (either mapping or in action), it swaps! Plus it remembers (good and bad I guess) Thanks!

Edit: Going to change my current Very Hard leveling building knowing I can access more stuff! :)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

web store seems to have totally broken for me. my bookmarks take me to

Unable to Find This Page
It may be unavailable or the address may be incorrect. Select [Home] to continue browsing the PlayStation™Store.

clicking home does nothing; if i go incognito and try to get their from google it briefly loads the store home page and then quickly forwards me to the same error message

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
This kept happening to me until I agreed to the new Terms of Service. I only got the prompt to agree when I opened up the Ps app, but I think you can get it to appear if you access your friends list on the console.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Super No Vacancy posted:

Unable to Find This Page
It may be unavailable or the address may be incorrect. Select [Home] to continue browsing the PlayStation™Store.

clicking home does nothing; if i go incognito and try to get their from google it briefly loads the store home page and then quickly forwards me to the same error message

The last update just deletes all your bookmarks sorry rip

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Hector Delgado posted:

This kept happening to me until I agreed to the new Terms of Service. I only got the prompt to agree when I opened up the Ps app, but I think you can get it to appear if you access your friends list on the console.

i dont think i've had a prompt for that so I'm guessing that's my issue

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Ah, I just had that issue - I deleted all of the cookies in my browser for anything matching "sony" or "playstation", and when I signed in again I got the prompts to accept the new agreement.

Also I saw in the fine print for when the new PSN store launches that the wish list feature is being removed. I don't get it - people need to bookmark things for later, and if you're on a console you need to have a wish list to do so.

Also it's the perfect opportunity to send you a marketing message when a thing is on sale.. Why would you not maintain such a feature?. :psyduck:

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Snackmar posted:

Ah, I just had that issue - I deleted all of the cookies in my browser for anything matching "sony" or "playstation", and when I signed in again I got the prompts to accept the new agreement.

Also I saw in the fine print for when the new PSN store launches that the wish list feature is being removed. I don't get it - people need to bookmark things for later, and if you're on a console you need to have a wish list to do so.

Also it's the perfect opportunity to send you a marketing message when a thing is on sale.. Why would you not maintain such a feature?. :psyduck:

maybe they're going to replace it with something else.

nah I'm just kidding it's Sony who knows

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Snackmar posted:

EGS doesn't have one, and Fortnite is popular, ergo Wishlists are a thing of the past

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

Unable to Find This Page

i had a broken web store for a while too and was able to solve it by turning off literally any and all adblockers, privacy addons etc, just making my browser as unsafe as possible, logging in and doing all the stuff and then turning it on again

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Snackmar posted:

They didn't do poo poo with their wish list. They didn't tell you anything on your wish list was on sale.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Skwirl posted:

They didn't do poo poo with their wish list. They didn't tell you anything on your wish list was on sale.

Well, I made my first PSN activity a look over my Wishlist and anything on sale would show up as being discounted. It worked as a notification in the sense that I notified myself actively. But at least would all be in one place and you could look on Tuesday and Fridays and quickly spot the sales in the stuff you wanted.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Skwirl posted:

Right, I didn't mean to say that they did but rather that they *should* put some effort into it. I get notifications from Steam about stuff on my wish list and it has definitely caused some purchases

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
A lot of webshops I know use those wishlists to let you know of deals on stuff you want. I don't know why Sony would not and even discontinue it altogether.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Sioux posted:

A lot of webshops I know use those wishlists to let you know of deals on stuff you want. I don't know why Sony would not and even discontinue it altogether.
Business is booming regardless of their lovely storefronts so they probably have fairly minimal reason to put in extra effort.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Akuma posted:

Business is booming regardless of their lovely storefronts so they probably have fairly minimal reason to put in extra effort.

i don't doubt that is true but still come on Sony

PSN store is literally the point of sale, if you make it better, you get more sales. it's not rocket science

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

There was an article today about how sony controls when indie games are allowed to be on sale and turns requests down all the time so they can drive more sales towards the games they want to have on sale at that particular time i guess but its making a lot of indie guys mad apparently.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

There was an article today about how sony controls when indie games are allowed to be on sale and turns requests down all the time so they can drive more sales towards the games they want to have on sale at that particular time i guess but its making a lot of indie guys mad apparently.

I mean I guess to a certain degree it's hard to have a focused sale if suddenly a bunch of random indies are also on sale. on the other hand, who really cares if a sale isn't cohesive? Sony, I guess.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Cohesive. They will have a "games under $15" and "games under $20" sales at the same time. Every time they do a "big in japan" sale, onrush is on there for some reason.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Also when you look at "all deals" there's always random themes and avatars on sale (the kind that aren't tied to a video game or any sort of popular media).

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

univbee posted:

Also when you look at "all deals" there's always random themes and avatars on sale (the kind that aren't tied to a video game or any sort of popular media).

All deals used to be a (not always complete but usually) spot where you could see everything currently on sale across all sales. At some point around the start of rona it just stopped working and they never bothered to fix it.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

On the one hand, yeah let people put games on sale.

On the other hand, the Switch store sale page is completely useless due to all the shovelware that's pretending to be 95% off or whatever.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Achmed Jones posted:

On the other hand, the Switch store sale page is completely useless due to all the shovelware that's pretending to be 95% off or whatever.

It’s real easy to figure out on Switch. If it goes on sale it’s indy shovelware. If it stays full price forever, it’s a real game.

Still waiting on Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 to drop below $79.97 CAD. :sigh: Switch is the most expensive console by a country mile.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Achmed Jones posted:

Switch has a wishlist feature tho

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Is PSN being weird for anybody else? I’m trying to play GoT:Legends and it keeps booting me and saying “can’t connect to network” when I try to join a game, but my internet service/WiFi is fine and get no errors when I do “test my connection” tegu the PS4

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

1redflag posted:

Is PSN being weird for anybody else? I’m trying to play GoT:Legends and it keeps booting me and saying “can’t connect to network” when I try to join a game, but my internet service/WiFi is fine and get no errors when I do “test my connection” tegu the PS4

MGS5 is suddenly buggy, mixing up event triggers and crashing out lately. I wonder if it's the new 8.0 system software?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The new webstore is bafflingly awful. I thought they'd just clear your wishlist for tech reasons or something so I had it backed up, but nope, they just axed it entirely. What a cool idea! I was also reverted back to my native language store and it's like the whole thing's been put through google translate and it makes no sense. The games no longer show titles underneath the box art, which is often completely illegible. Such low effort poo poo all around.

E: Found this, at least: psprices.com

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Sooo I can't find how to wishlist something since they cleared it with the new store (loving ugly by the way). Did I miss it or was Sony forgetting about that feature?

Oh yeah, they totally made the web store a complete mess. Yep, using PSPrices now :ughh:

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Oct 22, 2020

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Guillermus posted:

Sooo I can't find how to wishlist something since they cleared it with the new store (loving ugly by the way). Did I miss it or was Sony forgetting about that feature?

The wishlist wasn't cleared, the feature was completely removed.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Being honest, I didn't check the store in a bunch of days so this wasn't the most pleasant surprise.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I've still got the old store. Everyone send me your money and I'll buy your games for you.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

elf help book posted:

I've still got the old store. Everyone send me your money and I'll buy your games for you.

Same. Actually setting up a new PS3 since my old one is dying and hoo boy I don't miss how slow downloading and installing games is, and that's with the store still able to push at least some downloads.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The iOS Playstation app still has the old mobile store, which isn't perfect but largely like the old browser one, and it has my wishlist on it, too!

Or it will, until Sony updates the app to use the poo poo store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
This new version of the PSN store is spoiling 2020 for me.