Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Most of that stuff was on sale last week as well, but Slime Rancher for $10 might get me to finally play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Ape Agitator posted:

Flash Sale Destiny 2 question: does Forsaken alter the first time player's leveling experience? I haven't started it yet and, if leveling is the same, I'd just wait until my backlog clears some before buying late game dlc

It took me like 2 days to hit the vanilla level cap. The primary loop of destiny is end game gear grind, you hit max xp pretty quickly

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
A 5 year old is going to struggle hard with gang beasts' controls

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Ooof, a platinum game with input lag would be a nightmare

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Also on May 21 is Slay the Spire for $24.99 with 10% off pre-order on PSN.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Super No Vacancy posted:

what is the benefit/difference with the supposed trophy change

If you have to kill 1000 things for a trophy, It'll tell you how many you've killed so far

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Policenaut posted:

Yeah you hold down the PS button during gameplay and a little side menu pops up, it's really convenient for doing stuff like checking online statuses or fiddling with headphone settings without going straight back to the main menu.

You can also pick which options you want available on the menu. It's a really handy little thing. Great for quickly creating a party when you want to get away from pubbie chatter

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

knows a black guy posted:

Anyone have an opinion on The Escapists, Steamworld Dig 1/2, or Steamworld Heist? Thinking about picking up a game for my 7 and 10 year old boys.

The escapists offers nearly zero direction and assumes knowledge by the player that a child probably wouldn't have (ie that a sock and a bar of soap make a great weapon)

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
If their online service wasn't terrible, they might be able to justify it.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Wasn't there supposed to be a culdcept game for NA PS4 this year?

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
If it's your primary PS4, you get a few days before it locks you out and it has to phone home. If it's not your primary, it'll always have to connect before launching.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
NHL 19 would have been a better game if they just released NHL 18 again with roster updates

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
I was disappointed in Spider-Man. Most of the game is you getting bummed out by your stupid boss, and then as soon as it gets interesting, it's over. The two big plot reveals were incredibly obvious and all told, it only takes like 10-15 hours to get through the story. Plus they give you an OP super power really early on, and there's never a reason to experiment with anything else.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
I like how in beyond two souls you have to go through a training course to learn stealth then you literally never use it once the entire game

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

axelblaze posted:

You don't pay to use the store.

License verification was down, so some people couldn't use what they paid for regardless of their PS+ status

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Dig 2 for $10 is pretty good, too. It's one of the best metroidvania games this generation, and leaps better than the first Dig.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
You can safely ignore like half the systems in Odyssey until you feel like you're ready to deal with them, like the nemesis system and the cultists

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
There's a fantastic and funny long form breakdown of the plot of heavy rain somewhere online. I keep trying to find it again whenever it comes up, but no luck yet.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
A Plague Tale for $35 is pretty sweet. That game is great.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Most of the PS4 games on PS now were either given away to plus members or regularly on sale for under ten bucks, and the lag and artifacting is so bad that the only ps3 games worth playing are turn based. It's a really terrible value.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Nintendo proved that people will happily pay for a game they already own. That would have killed back compatibility for good if the Xbox wasn't such a huge self-own that MS got desperate

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
The RE7 dlc is pretty bad

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
I'm curious about Darksiders 3. Everybody was down on 2 but I actually think it was far better than 1. Everybody was down on 3, so I'm guessing I'll like it.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Steve Yun posted:

Does it offer anything that Gran Turismo doesn’t?

Motorcycles and empty multiplayer lobbies

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Also a crap ton of classic RPGs on vita if you're like me and got one last week

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Actually, I bought a used slim for, of all things, monster hunter world. I play games in the bedroom and lately I've been working evenings so I'm up all night while my wife is sleeping. The MH dlc is all set in the snow, so the image is way too bright in a dark room. So as a favor to her, I bought a slim so I could remote play and not bother her.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

homeless snail posted:

I just like playing 100 hour RPGs on a portable, that's why the Vita was the best

I just picked one up a few weeks ago.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

univbee posted:

He played the guy getting emotionally cucked by Bundy in the Netflix movie Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile.

He was also pretty great in The Boys. Actually The Boys in general was pretty great and more people should watch it

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Outer Wilds is now out. $25

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
It's like the witness in the sense that progress is marked by how much knowledge you've gained. It's a 15-20 hour adventure game, I went in mostly blind and I love it.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
This is great news because I've had both of those games in my cart in the past and didn't pull the trigger. With nioh being a greatest hit I was assuming that at worst it would show up on PS now soon.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
There's a new need for speed? This is the first I've heard of it.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
They give you the best skill in the game after like an hour, so you end up doing the same two moves for the entire game, it gets old fast. Plus I rented it and beat it before the 3 days were up, which has to be the shortest open world game in awhile.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Two weeks of populated TF2 servers should be fun

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Yeah you can mod the slim, it's the same method. It depends more on what version firmware is on the unit when you get it.

Using SD cards on the vita is tricky. I fried two just trying to format them in a way that the vita recognized. After all the time and money I put into getting my vita to have high capacity, I should have just bought a memory stick and been done with it

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Is The Show still exclusive in 2020? I know it's coming to Xbox and Switch, but I wasn't sure when

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
There's a flash sale going on, but I can't seem to find an easy list to c/p so this is just a heads up to check the store

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Overcooked
Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime
Resident Evil 5
Ghost Recon Wildlands
Killing Floor 2

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

gently caress yeah, thanks