Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

univbee posted:

Harsh but true.

I updated the main OP and will slowly get the other posts put in, is there anything super-important missing from the main post or that might need clarification/correction?

The Battleborn Flash Sale pic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It would be really awesome if they did the same stuff Microsoft is doing with their backwards compatibility stuff. There are still some PS3 games I own that would be cool to play on PS4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Wii U has the least amount of bullshit because you just put a disc in and the game works like the olden days.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

I know there's a huge list of total games unavailable, but do you guys have opinions on which huge notable PS1 games didn't become available on PSN? Tony Hawk 1 and 2 are off the top of my head as ones I would have loved.

Oh man I would love to have THPS2 on Vita.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Harlock posted:

Its 2017 and PS4 still can't play PS1 games

Yeah seriously. Its the first system sony has ever put out that can't play PS1 games (im counting hacked PSPs even if its a technicality)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You're right I wanna play Dreamcast games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Or because they don't want to compete with the upcoming HD remake :tinfoil:

:pray:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

As a heads up the second one is a fairly different game, and it's all about getting loot drops.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've played Brandish on a NA vita for what it's worth. Didn't have to do the PS3 transfer either.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

what are you buying, stranger?

Elf Help Book is a Miku maniac.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You should collect a huge UMD library for the lulz.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zenintrude posted:

Pointless if you own a PSP GO.

(Mostly pointless if you own a PSP)

Oh right. Well, its still cool in the way that like, owning a handful of laserdiscs is kinda cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is Future Tone like a best of? I like rhythm games and I've kinda been interested in Miku and tried demos before but maybe there's song I would like more in the full version.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I loved harvest moon as a kid and tried out Stardew when it came out but it made me realize I think I liked Harvest Moon because I had a lot of free time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So PS4 is on a PC level of anything goes BS now as well? Microsoft accepting early access on consoles was the first step down that dark dark road

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've got a question for the Miku heads, project tone seems cool, I tried the two songs in the demo and I ready to get into this weird series finally I think. If I get the Future Sound + Colorful Tone bundle that's basically like, all the Miku songs sega has ever released? I may just go all in...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The new Miku game is f*cking amazing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Obsurveyor posted:

Enough of this sing-song miku bullshit, where da deals at?

Over 220 tracks for just $52.99 is the deal of the year so far.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I AM THE TOILET posted:

Apparently these games are going to have "online features," which, I dunno, mulitplayer? Leaderboards? Trying to think of a SNES or NES game that'd benefit from any of that.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy score attacks, and something like Super Bomberman with online multiplayer would be cool, but there's been so many other, robust solutions to those two things for so many years. Maybe some Nintendo-sanctioned ROM hacks? Or official translated games that never got released in the US? That'd be cool. There's precedent for translated games, after all - Sin and Punishment got an English release on the online Wii store.

Says here in plain English that the games are only free for a month

I don't think they did anything to that sin and punishment game, it was just a Japanese rom. Like Rondo of blood

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

They actually went and translated the menu textures and the tutorial/ending, but the subtitles are still in Japanese. It was a weird amount of effort that was only ever seen again when Sega translated Monster World 4.

Oh that's neat, I figured the English was already in there. I played that game a lot on Wii when they released it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

melodicwaffle posted:

So something about Future Tone that I think is new for Project Diva:

All the buttons are remappable.

Meaning, you can assign the four-button combo, or any other combo, to a single button in the customization menu.

Ooooooo!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't comprehend the extreme charts.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

glam rock hamhock posted:

Outlast is Pacman with jump scares

That sounds awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Discount Viscount posted:

PlayStation Store 2017: something is broken in my brain and I bought Street Fighter x Tekken

More like Street Fighter X Timeout lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rogue Galaxy is quite an enjoyable PS2 JRPG. I love the setting and cartoony aesthetic, and the performances are pretty good too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

it opens really really strong so you'll get 10 good hours out of it before the dungeons wear on you if you're like me

I don't know what it was about that prison level that made me put the game down but I think I hit the exact same point and stopped

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DOA5LR is a fun game to gently caress around in with friends but I only have the free version so I don't know how much single player stuff is in it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SelenicMartian posted:

Is that the one with the titty-slapping mode on the vita?

Apparently yes, I didn't know that version existed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There were a lot of good PS2 releases on PS3 and I wish those would come over at some point.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ludwig van Halen posted:

When are they gonna allow me to play my psone classics on PS4 for that matter

This as well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

univbee posted:

So that Namco Anime sale is apparently just week 1.

Also, The Last Guardian has received a permanent price drop of 33% rounded off, both on PSN and at retail (although some retail stores haven't updated their pricing yet).

This makes the new price for the game 8 weeks after release $39.99USD/$49.99CAD/€34.99/£29.99.

Whoa I may buy that this weekend

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

External hard drives is very nice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Freak Futanari posted:

Yeah, but consoles don't have Steam Greenlight... check mate!!!

You seen the poo poo on the Sony store lately. I think it's got like 3 to 4 years before it looks just like steam

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should fix custom folders so I don't have to use the media one with 12 ads in front the streaming services I actually own

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah that comparison video seems weird because the example they used for the Original PS4 seems like an insanely extreme case, I've never had issues like that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

I think the only time I've had frame rate like that is if I stand inside the unseen village laser.

Do not stand inside the unseen village laser.

Well that's just good advice in general

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I feel like LBP has no reason to exist now that you can play Mario Maker

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The MGS2 plot is very serious.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah dude you're not even in it yet, post-EE is where the game explodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's kinda nuts, I didn't know companies would do that especially for PS2 games. I know I emulated 2 because it was insanely expensive but it would be kinda cool to pick up a copy now