Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Crossposting from the main thread because it got buried, but I'm looking to upgrade my launch PS4's hard drive. Is this guide from the last thread's OP still the best guide for installation? And is the Seagate Backup Plus still the goon recommended drive? I've only casually been looking at these, anyone have experience with them going on sale/below $80 anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I've told myself to stop buying stuff until I beat what I already own. And then I just keep playing Binding of Isaac anyway and never make any real progress.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Is anyone else having trouble with the webstore? Whenever I go to sign in I get a message that sign in failed.

I'm thinking of getting Risk of Rain (have a friend who recommends it heavily). Dark Cloud 2 sounds good, especially because you don't need to play the first one and I'm weird about playing a series in order. On the PS3 side of things, was the Beyond Good and Evil HD version good? Never played it before and I think I remember hearing people complain about camera controls, but it's $2.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Maybe it's because steam has spoiled me or maybe I'm just a weirdo who doesn't want to spend money but I would much rather a sale with a bunch of indie games or older titles at $5-$10 over major releases for $25-$40.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Replace the internal on a PS3. I would recommend doing it sooner rather than later because even wired the download speeds on PS3 are hilariously bad.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
South Park warned you all about preordering but you didn't listen did you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV69DyOuzbE

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
All get revoked. There might be something weird with DLC but I've never gotten to that point. For example, Binding of Isaac was free, I bought afterbirth. Pretty sure I still lose access.

There's also some weird issues with bundles. I think they gave away the first sonic game for PS3 and then later offered one and two as a single game but you couldn't download it if you had "purchased" the free one. Same issue for those who want to buy a free game, there's no option to do so since your account already "owns" it.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Some things are cross buy and some did it retroactively but yeah most aren't going to do it. The only notable example I can think of is Hotline Miami

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Ineffiable posted:

We already know dude. I'm talking about for the next generation where Microsoft has already allegedly pledged that all your Xbox one games will run on the new console. PS5 should at least attempt for some backwards compatibility with ps4 because it shouldn't be as drastic as an architecture difference as the ps2's emotion engine or the ps3 cell was.

Is the Scorpio really going to be "next gen" of is this some cell phone level bullshit where the new model won't be any different outside of a few apps and speed?

I am also reserving any judgment for what Microsoft can do with this until they announce a price point because if it does what they're claiming it will it's going to cost a fortune and tank.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Am I crazy or did someone mention an upcoming spend $100, get $15 back promo coming up soon? And if yes, do preorders count for it? If so I might as well get the deluxe destiny 2 bundle since I'll buy the DLC anyway.

I'm sorry because I know these questions come up every time during this promo.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Pre orders count toward the spend $100 yes? I think I remember it being different in certain countries based on if the money is spent immediately or if it waits until launch.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

enojy posted:

At least it approaches being worth it, as it comes with the two future expansions, which'll be at least $15 (or $20?) a piece.

The real eye roller is the super ultra premium deluxe version. $250 gets you the $100 version; the remaining $150 gets you a steelbook, a messenger bag, a solar USB charger, and a loving blanket.

I plan to do the $99 one because I know enough people to get the time out of it and essentially saving $15 (maybe $25 if that version is a discount compared to buying them individually) is worth it in my opinion. Plus I won't have to get up to change discs.

Feel free to laugh at the guy I play with who preordered a standard for his girlfriend, deluxe for himself, and ordered the $250 version for a console he doesnt have because he wants all the junk add one.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Is there anything else on that Konami sale that doesn't show up automatically? The graphic for it shows stuff like the first Silent Hill and SotN as part of it, but doesn't actually have them on sale. I'd much rather buy SotN to push myself over the edge for the spend $100 sale.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I just got mine in a message about 30 minutes ago.

Can I be the one to kick off the question of is this a credit that will stay in my wallet permanently or do I have to spend it by the 18th or whatever the redeem code date is?

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Without having played either, the opinion I've heard from many of my friends is that Dragon Age was a perfectly fine game when it was released. Then Witcher 3 came out and did everything so much better. Some who played the latter before the former said it was difficult to get in to.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
If I have sunk roughly 200 hours into Binding of Isaac on PS4 is it safe to say I will enjoy Enter the Gungeon at $9?

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Triple Triad owns. Also Binding of Isaac isn't available digitally in the US and I am displeased.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I hold FFVIII in a special place in my heart because of that one Let's Play where Squall is named Robert and the player calls out the game's bullshit throughout.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Ground Zeros was great if you treated it like a playground. There's so much to just mess around with. It wasn't as mind blowing as the tanker demo from Zone of the Enders, but I got my money's worth.

I wanted to do a run through of the series again and I tried playing The Twin Snakes for the first time. It's drat near impossible to play with a GameCube controller, probably because of how many hours I've sunk into the series with various dualshocks.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
That's awesome. I heard less than good things about Sport at launch and have stayed away for now due to the lack of content. The videos look good, and knowing they're adding stuff is very promising.

It's just amazing to me that I've had this system for four years and still haven't had a decent realistic racing game.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I'm disappointed this month only because for some reason my brain registered mankind divided as the hitman season.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I remember that being an issue when they did Sonic 1 and 2 for the PS3 one month because people owned one or the other. I think they eventually patched it so people could claim just one.

I wish I could say I was surprised by this still being an issue but the store is held together by toothpicks and used gum.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I'm hoping Sony has the sense to make another Ratchet and Clank game this generation. I'm curious what they considered doing first, a remake of the first game or a movie based on it.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
PlayStation Store 2018: Buy PSN codes off amazon

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Yeah nothing really jumps at me on the current sales so might as well wait to see what comes next week. I don't remember, has there traditionally been a Memorial Day flash sale in the US or will they just wait for E3 stuff?

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

elf help book posted:

I want Homestar Runner VR!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this after my initial read.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Amazon is dumb and only has the $50 store cards at my most recent look, is there another vendor good for digital currency cards or am I at the mercy of Sony accepting my convoluted address for my credit card?

Dammit I just want to download gran turismo.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
There are a few games like that where I'm always tempted to buy them but never feel like the sale price is low enough. And then once I do buy it'll be free. Axiom Verge, Enter the Gungeon, Nuclear Throne, Nex Machina...

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Might as well get Horizon at that price, can't see it going much lower digitally. If I still have a PS3 and own the Uncharted games, is there any huge upgrade that should make me re-buy?

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Jose Oquendo posted:

I picked up HZD last night and it’s really good. I put about 5 hours into it last night and time just flew by.

This is me but only two hours. Very impressed, very excited to play more. Jump on it in this sale if you haven't played it yet.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
It's a shame that nobody outside of Rockstar seemed to care about the PS2 on PS4. I'd totally throw some money at the EA Big titles and a few RPGs.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I feel like poo poo from some cold/sinus/whatever so I preordered Hollow Knight to have fun on my day off tomorrow.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Steve Yun posted:

Catlateral Damage has the worst trailer on the entire PlayStation Store, prove me wrong

I’m on mobile but the one for the Duck Dynasty game is exactly what you imagine.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Hitman 2, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, FO76, I guarantee we're gonna get huge discounts for Just Cause 4 in like a week.

It’s almost as if games should be released throughout the year instead of all during the holiday shopping window.

Battlefield has been discounted heavily in physical form too.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I heard the ZOE hd collection was pretty badly optimized but I’ll play those. Steep looks alright to try. I really wish EA Big would just come back but that ship sailed long ago.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I'm very confused by your math because you're not paying for Nintendo Online to get Amazon/Twitch, you're paying the latter and getting a promo for the former. And spending $119 (US) a year or $12.99 a month for Amazon or $10.99 a month for Twitch. Even if you do a trial. keep an active sub for another two months, you're spending $22-$26 to get that depending which service you want.

Also seems contradictory to note that you can only get PS Plus for $50 CAD when it's on sale while this is clearly some sort of promotion and not a permanent price.

Just saying that it's not a fair comparison between these two services, especially when Nintendo Online is lacking in a lot of features and not the greatest in performance.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
As someone who doesn’t pay attention to most horror/zombie stuff, why do so many games/movies refuse to call them zombies? Freakers is a really lame alternative.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I tried to play Beyond Two Souls when it was a PS Plus game and I fought with the controls so badly. I felt like they were purposefully obtuse and the game could have benefitted from some sort of button prompt but they went against that for “immersion”.

I’d like to play it to see what a mess it is but it really made the simplest things like sitting down seem like a chore.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Kingdom Hearts 3 is enjoyable but ultimately forgettable. Too easy and lack of final fantasy are my two biggest complaints for sure. Part of my feelings probably come from the long wait between games, but it felt like a step back from two and didn’t have a lot of things I thought it should.

That said the gameplay is excellent and very well refined, and the Disney set pieces are excellent. I think you’ll like it for those reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
After replaying the trilogy, I will make the bold claim that the proper ranking is 2 1 3. Three just has too many bullshit moments.