Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Snyderman posted:

I know a fellow goon maintains the one in the OP but this is still the best and most up to date list for PSTV compatibility. Stuff does still get added from time to time.

http://www.reviews2go.com/playstation-tv-compatible-games-north-america/

The list of non-compatible PSTV games.

http://www.reviews2go.com/playstation-tv-non-compatible-game-list-north-america/

not just a fellow goon but the OP himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

elf help book posted:

Can't wait for the Knack Trilogy Remastered release for PS7.

we will have the same discussion then as with every other trilogy:

"the first one is rough so if you don't enjoy it, just skip it and move on to the second"

see: Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, etc.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

CrashCat posted:

Might explicitly add where you can get instant Wallet codes for people having trouble with CC/PayPal. I always use Amazon but I'm sure there must be others

Also since we basically mothballed the import thread, a collection of places to get foreign wallet codes with your own domestic money would be useful. Would take some digging

aren't the two places basically Amazon and PlayAsia?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
The loading times are a drag, but I really like Stories so far, after a couple playthroughs. I wish it were easier to keep track of the choices you've made, but I suppose I could have kept a log/graph or something.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
did PS+ have cloud saves and automatic updates when it came out? cause those are handy. I imagine the store discounts probably didn't use to be as good either, and didn't people use to complain about how PSN was always down in the PS3 days? it seems a lot more stable these days, at least by that anecdotal metric.

e: and isn't the fact that the Xbox 360 games are an infinite license due to the fact that they have nothing in their system that lets them revoke licenses? so it's more of a shortcoming on their part than an actual feature?

morallyobjected fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jan 2, 2017

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

So glad this new PSN store thread got back on track.

it's possible to not post in threads you don't like, just fyi

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Flumpus posted:

Can I interest you in 2017's Crash Bandicoot?

it's amazing how Activision has managed to make that series look worse than the original in terms of both style and how it looks like it plays

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Obsurveyor posted:

So much value I can't even put them all in the cart at once! :v:

new thread title

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I'm not sure how people can complain about the quality of PS+ when Invisible Inc is game of the year, all years *starts another campaign*

they still haven't given out Knack :colbert:

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Elf Help Book is cuckoo for Miku

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
if you let PS+ auto renew it kind of looks like your account has been hacked, because I got three e-mails in succession:

1) Requested funds have been added to your wallet
2) Receipt of your Paypal transaction

(some minutes later)

3) Thank you for your purchase!

and it was only in the third e-mail that it said anything about it being for PS+

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

univbee posted:

Timed trials are back! You can download Rise of the Tomb Raider and Watch Dogs 2 for free, and they will work for three hours each, with progress carrying over if you buy the full version. Watch Dogs 2 Standard Edition is 33% off and its Deluxe and Gold editions are 40% off. No RotTR discounts, by the looks of things.

I downloaded the one for RotTR and man the game just doesn't play anywhere nearly as good as Uncharted. I kinda don't want to go back and play the first one to see if they screwed it up badly then and I just didn't notice or if they somehow managed to make it worse in the sequel.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's funny cos I preferred the TR reboot far more than Uncharted 4. I haven't played RoTR yet though.

I liked the first one a lot. there's just something about Lara's movements in the second one that feels off, and her jumping animation seems weird, whereas Naughty Dog have that kind of thing nailed down pat, occasional glitch aside

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

U-DO Burger posted:

I mean tomorrow is probably the best possible day to get me to buy poo poo on impulse as I try to block out what's going on in real life so there drat well better be a flash sale

You Can't Trump This Inauguration Sale!

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
so many games you could Build a Wall with them

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

I'm tempted to grab Korra (is it okay if I've never watched the show?) and maybe Knack. There's not much on the list that I'm interested and don't already own. Is the Super Mega Baseball that one that's surprisingly good? I think Griffin McElroy has a video on it as the best baseball game he's played, but I can't remember if this is the one or if it's something else.

you probably won't like Korra much if you don't like the show and you're looking for a Platinum game. I like it a lot but most people complain about it being a budget title. I don't play Platinum games generally, so I don't have any context for their complaints, but it never bothered me because I like the source material. which is similar to how people feel about Transformers, I think, but I guess they like that one more.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

mycot posted:

Gravity Rush Remastered is as likely for PS Plus as Knack.

Feel free to quote me on this when either of those happen.

next month Knack and Gravity Rush Remastered.

the perfect month at last

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

This as well.

they made a system for people like you and it's called the PS3

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I like LBP3, but I already own it. i suppose it had to happen to me sooner or later

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Sony bringing you all of the downsides of PC gaming with none of the benefits

you can't play FFXV on PC so it's worthless

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Sarchasm posted:

Any platform without FFXV wins by default.

Wrong

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
Ni No Kuni is good. that is all.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Sefal posted:

Yes. the story is charming. It has quite a few (final fantasy) jokes that landed really well and got me laughing. the gameplay is fun. it's fun to collect all the monsters and train them.

the game also makes it ridiculously easy to train up any new monsters you get, so you never have to stick with ones you get early on if you come across ones that you want more

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Ive never played the crash games and the remake looks like butthole but short of pulling my PS2 out of storage and tracking down ps1 discs I don't have a way of doing that.

if you have a PS3 you can get them as classics.

the remake might have higher graphical fidelity, but the art style is garbage by comparison and the trailer seemed like it ran worse, control-wise. like it was more floaty or something

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

univbee posted:

Huh, this is weird. I downloaded patch 1.25 of LittleBigPlanet 3. Downloaded, not installed, because apparently the patch's install is time-locked and won't be installable until Thursday morning (game launches and plays with 1.24 without issue, including online). No idea what content this patch is meant to have, or why it's time-locked, and is the first patch I know of to do this.

Here's info about the new patch

Bringing genres to the online community levels, shows connection quality when playing with others, and a couple smaller things. dunno why it's time-locked though, or if this will become some new trend. pre-loading patches, as it were.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I haven't played the other two, but Oxenfree is good. not too long, and you can always play it through more than once for other story branches if you want

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Oxenfree is pretty good, though I'm about three hours in and haven't even encountered a single ox.

It's radio waves all the way down. my wife really enjoyed watching me play it and seeing how my choices differed from hers and how that changed things (similarly with Life is Strange), so if you have a significant other, Oxenfree is ripe for that opportunity as well

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I beat Bloodborne and tried to do a NG+ but just got burnt out on the whole thing. it's also my first (and only) Souls game, to be fair. and then I learned that the DLC is way harder on NG+ and lost all desire to get it. was a cool game though.

I'm looking forward to picking up Horizon and Yooka Laylee later. good year for games imo

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Holy gently caress I took a look at the Euro sale and uh:

UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End Digital Edition
    The Last Guardian
    Ratchet & Clank
    God of War III Remastered
    The Last of Us Remastered
    The Last of Us: Left Behind (Standalone)
    Bloodborne: Game of the Year Edition
    Bloodborne
    Bloodborne The Old Hunters
    Until Dawn
    Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
    Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
    Uncharted 1: Drake’s Fortune Remastered
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered
    Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Remastered
    The Heavy Rain & BEYOND: Two Souls Collection
    BEYOND: Two Souls
    Heavy Rain
    DRIVECLUB (Various)
    inFAMOUS Second Son
    inFAMOUS Second Son + inFAMOUS First Light
    inFAMOUS Second Son Legendary Edition
    inFAMOUS First Light
    The Order: 1886
    Journey
    Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture
    KNACK
    RESOGUN
    RESOGUN Season Pass
    RESOGUN – Heroes Expansion
    RESOGUN WipEout Ship Bundle
    RESOGUN: Defenders Expansion Pack
    Gravity Rush 2
    Gravity Rush Remastered
    Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
    HELLDIVERS: Super-Earth Ultimate Edition
    HELLDIVERS Reinforcements Mega Bundle
    HELLDIVERS Masters of the Galaxy Edition
    HELLDIVERS Reinforcement Pack
    HELLDIVERS Reinforcement Pack 2
    Journey Collector’s Edition

Holy gently caress would I be spending a ton of dough if this were a US sale... I don't own a PS4 yet but I've been regretting not getting Bloodborne for :10bux: the last time it went on sale and I would DEFINITELY stock up for my imminent purchase...

you can make a Euro account if it matters that much to you. I'm sure at least five people in this thread could tell you how to set it up

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I liked Letter Quest Remastered because I'm a sucker for word games and also it's a fun game to play with my kid and trick him into having fun spelling words

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
2 isn't hard to beat by any means, but it has some of the worst collectathon bullshit with 251 (?) precursor orbs to get which are either just hidden somewhere or gated behind dumb trials.

I didn't even finish 3 because it seemed like 2 but not as fun, so the first one would be my vote

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

People always say its good on the forum

it seems like it would be a good game to play with a friend or two. I like the CPU dog friends though

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
the only real beef I had with Furi is how goddamn long it takes to walk anywhere.

someone please tell me there was a run button all along, for maximum comedic effect

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Anora posted:

Yeah, I have one physical Vita game and it's the Jak & Daxter collection a friend bought for me, it has still not been put in my Vita.

Is that a decent port, btw? Also can you play 2 and 3 without playing 1, I beat 1 a long time ago, and never played 2 & 3.

you don't have to play 1 to understand what's going on in 2 and 3, because there's not much of a story in 1 anyway. on the other hand, 1 is probably the best game. 2 has some bad (non-existent) checkpointing at times but is otherwise mostly good and laughably grimdark right from the get-go. just don't ever try to 100% it. I played 3 for like an hour and then quit because it was like 2 but more boring and with more vehicles (which was the worst part of 2)

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Is there a way to remove something from your account? I got the Uncharted Collection on sale last week (two weeks ago?) but I have both it and the demo listed on my library page. I'd like to get rid of the demo since......

you know in your heart what the answer to this question is

no

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

RJWaters2 posted:

Can they PS4 library Sort By... anything yet?

yeah, games and apps :v:

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I like the Life Is Strange Theme, the Journey Theme, and the Horizon Theme and switch between them on a regular basis

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

What who sold Gone home as that

I just thought it was creepy enough exploring an empty house, especially with all the places with poor lighting, and the basement, etc.. I don't think it was ever sold as a horror game with jump scares, but it definitely has a kind of eerie ambiance to it.

I watched an LP of Firewatch and thought the voicework was fantastic. I dunno if I would have had as much fun playing it, but if you like walking sims, it seems like one of the better ones. Life is Strange will probably be my favourite for a while, but Oxenfree is good too.

What I'm saying is walking sims are good.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Akuma posted:

Life is Strange is a walking simulator?

Was Maniac Mansion a walking simulator, too? You had to walk all the way to the mansion I guess that was really far.

I thought walking simulator got conflated to mean basically any game where most of the game play is walking around talking to people, first person or otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Phantasium posted:

Playstation All-Stars didn't hold up when it came out.

I know they were probably trying to get far enough away from Smash to avoid theft accusations or whatever, but having to KO other people with special moves instead of being able to use ring outs was one of many mistakes they made with that game