Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm new to modern videogames but I know some of them have trouble running on consoles now. Automata is a bit of a cointoss on PC but I really want to play it so I'd like to know how it runs on the PS4(Not a Pro).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
The Arkham games are on sale; I know Knight's execution on PC is a coin toss, even after patching, but how is it on the PS4? :tenbux: is a very interesting price.

Might fetch Asscreed Syndicate too since I'm a peasant with no taste.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
How's GOD EATER: Ressurection? I've never played a Monster Hunter game before but this looks like one except anime. I like that it apparently gives you AI companions and the weapons seem crazy enough.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I thought GZ was a terrible mission and if it were based on that alone I wouldn't ever get PP. Skip it and go for the full game, you won't miss anything since they just tell you what happened in the prologue anyway.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
GamersGate is also legit. G2A is the russian mafia one.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
In the end, only 1, CoM, 2 and BBS matter, right?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
That's a really good sale!

Will most likely nab FFXV

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
The only nitpick I could possibly have against Horizon is that, for such a pretty game, the facial expressions are kinda lacking.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Real hurthling! posted:

Mario and yakuza 0

Doki Doki Literature Club and Succubox

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Nioh and For Honor are on sale for some reason. Interesting but I'll hold back because I still got some other stuff to get through.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
The "and more" better be really interesting because that line up is lame as hell.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Skwirl posted:

I know there's supernatural poo poo and everything will probably be tossed on it's own head and it was written like two years ago, but in the current climate where we're constantly finding out that every famous man was a rapist, it's really weird to play a game where you're a teenage boy and everyone is constantly making GBS threads on you because you stopped a rape.

This is about Persona 5 by the way

Is it really unrealistic, considering we still have to deal with victim blaming every time one of these cases surfaces?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Even if you don't like you'll still going to have a hell of a time with the OST, Persona has outstanding songs.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
It's either Persona 5 or NIOH Complete Edition for me but I can't decide....

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
What a twisted world we live in, where we have to wonder if the special edition of a game actually comes with the game itself.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
The Vita has a very specific library, huh

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Yakuza 0 hitting $20-$30 would make a good X-mas present for me but I'm okay with waiting until the next big sale.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Real hurthling! posted:

It was 30 on black fri

So was other stuff I wanted to buy! Priorities!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

It has to be digital :(

edit: But thanks for the offer!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Want to get Hellblade...but what if something else comes up next week? :ohdear:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

rabidsquid posted:

i need a recommendation for a chill game to play, all of my chill games are on my pc but sometimes i am too sick to actually get out of bed. as far as my ps4 goes my chill games are like, get on the blimp and listen to the chillwave station in gta v. which is actually surprisingly relaxing. man they need to make a we love katamari ps4 port

I don't own it but Everybody's Golf is highly rated around here and golfing games are always calming.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Kin posted:

My GF is looking to try getting me games as gifts for things like Xmas. I told her about the PSN sales but is there a way to buy and gift games at all like on Steam?

I've not seen anything like that and the only thing I can think of is if she creates her own account on my ps4 and buys the games for 'herself'. Though the games wouldn't actually be mine :/

We tend to have limits for gifts so she says the deals would be perfect, but I don't know the best method.

You can share games between multiple accounts on the same PS4.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Well, yes, but they said the game wouldn't be technically "theirs" which I understood that they would be unplayable.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Just in case someone doesn't know, you don't need to go through every single page of the sale again trying to notice what's different this time, just check out PSPrices.com

edit: Actually, I think that one hasn't updated yet? Forget what I said :v:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Well, I've done my thing, see you in hell in another couple of months, PStore.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

In Training posted:

The PS4 is simply too powerful to play PSX games.

It's obviously due to incompetence and ignorance, but I like to believe that the people at Sony don't do that because there's already the Vita which is basically the PSX+PS2 emulator, why can't everyone just buy that one!?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

1redflag posted:

Who cares? Can we start talking about PlayStation store stuff AGAIN, like what games I should buy from this sale if I just got a PS4.

I don't know if these are on sale because my PC is busted right now but see if any of these interest you:

Bloodborne COMPLETE NOT JUST THE BASE GAME

Yakuza 0 and Kiwami

Uncharted Collection, 4 and Lost Legacy

Gravity Rush

Persona 5

Dragon Quest Builders

Final Fantasy XV

Automata

That golfing game

Infamous

Last of us Remastered

The game with Trico, I can't remember the name now

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Sakurazuka posted:

It's golf. Don't bother if you don't find golf interesting.

No one finds golf interesting, mate. It's just one of those things that mysteriously translate into a good game.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Samuringa posted:

Well, I've done my thing, see you in hell in another couple of months, PStore.

Forget that, got Uncharted 4 and Watch_Dogs 2 at the last minute

The flesh is weak :(

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Wish Muramasa got a PS4 port, that game was aces.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Someone once made an effortpost on Agarest, and it's not just because it's anime, the actual gameplay seems to be massively grindy and completely unrewarding.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Now it's Rest Week, where you play the games you bought.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Good thing this sale lasts for a couple of days because I still can't browse whatever is in it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Raspberry Bang posted:

I couldn’t see anything on my phone until I switched the sorting to something else. Try that?

Works, unless I try to check Page 2.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
The thing is when you stop playing videogames and go out with your significant other.

Psyche! gently caress that, let's go play some coop!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

socialsecurity posted:

Witcher's writing makes even dumb quests amazing, like an old dude wants you to get his goat, normally this would be your standard little quest but everything about Geralt's reactions to doing this dumb poo poo takes it to a new tier.

Every time Geralt lets out a long, deep sigh before accepting a quest, you know you're in for a good time.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Genuinely wondering what counts as a good sidequest if The Witcher 3's one were all lovely.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I'm still new to consoles so I completely blanked on Yakuza(Despite that I was just playing it). That's an acceptable answer. So is Chrono Trigger. Everything else, nope. Definitely not Gothic, that's barely even a game.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
In Planescape: Torment you help an alley give birth to a street :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

univbee posted:

Just a heads-up to anyone looking to get this, it's apparently a vanilla 1.0 disc and a single voucher for all the current DLC (including the Royal upgrade pack that's dropping on Tuesday). With a patch of at least 27 gigs and DLC totalling about 40 gigs, it'll be a while before you can play it.

If you already own the game, the Royal Upgrade pack is apparently going to be $20US on Tuesday, and isn't part of the current season pass. I would assume, although I don't believe there's been an announcement to this effect, that the "royal edition" will be a new PSN bundle for $50US as well, for those who don't currently own the game. Total download will probably be around 95 gigs.

I know I'm not the smartest person in the world but I can't be the only one confused by this.