Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Make PS+ Great Again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Shnag posted:

So, for the "Spend $100 get $15", I know you gotta wait to get a email to get your $15 credit, but do you receive any kind of indication that it happened? I spent $40 last saturday, and an other $40 this week, i'm thinking i might spend a little more to push it up to a $100.

I'm pretty sure the promo didn't start until after last Saturday so that $40 would not count. I'd read the promo page for the dates to make sure.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm going to ask a question that's been asked a million times but I forgot the answer. For the spend $100 get $15 promo, I have a bunch of Sony reward points so if I use them to get two $50 PSN cards and spend that does it count towards the hundred?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Thank you.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The Vita thread must be going crazy that this isn't available for them.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

It's weird as hell. When I lived in an apartment I had to completely leave my apartment number out of my address for it work. Now I have to drop the AVE of my street for it to go through.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The amount of :spergin: people in this thread who don't get sarcasm is unbelievable.

Or what increasingly or masochist means.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dewgy posted:

In Japan, Haunted Castle is the "original" Akumajo Dracula and the NES one is a port, so it totally is the first Castlevania.

Haunted Castle came out originally as a Japanese arcade game in 1988 and Castlevania came out in 1986. It is part of the Castlevania series but I think just for name recognition back in the 80s.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Binary Domain was fun as hell and Cain is awesome.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

quote:

The Mummy Demastered doesn’t limit the number of continues available to you. Instead, punishment for failure takes a different form: Your fallen comrade becomes corrupted by Ahmanet and joins the armies of the undead, meaning you’ll be forced to destroy him. It’s not that simple, though, because the newly zombified hero literally is you, and possesses all the skills and upgrades your avatar did upon dying.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

ShadowedFlames posted:

HZD is my game of the year for 2017 so far. Yes, it has a few issues (Uncanny Valley faces...) but the story outshines it.

Coldforge posted:

I have a Switch and a PS4, have played both for far too many hours, and will be happy to tell you that HZD is at least as good as, if not better than Zelda.

These are both correct. Horizon is amazing. Guerrilla's storytelling finally caught up with their tech. I just hope they have some soul leftover to sell to the devil for whatever voodoo magic they need to make a Killzone reboot this good.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Played Burnout on EA Access. It's the exact same game as before. Handling is the same and the fun level is the same.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Thanks GOONSKATE :argh:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Wasn't it just collab commercials promoting both franchises but no in-game stuff? This is the impression I'm getting from Googling.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

hadji murad posted:

This is correct.

Affirming this affirmation.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Ineffiable posted:

Anthem is supposedly pretty soon but feels like they haven't shown enough of it.

That game is definitely wait and see how it turns out to be.

Anthem is the video game version of Battlefield Earth.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

In Training posted:

Its funny that they cant call this a E3 sale since they arent there.

They call it that every year.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Is the DLC separate from the main story of BL2? I don’t want to go through that again.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

1redflag posted:

Any strong opinions on Guacamelee 2? I thought the first one was great and really liked the art style. However, with so many great indie metroidvanias on the market and having heard no one really comment on it, I’m somewhat worried I may be let down (especially after just beating hollow knight a few months ago and thoughts to pick up bloodstained instead).

While I have not played it since I'm metroidvaniad out I have heard really good things about it.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

It's me, I'm the one who likes David Cage games.

Like I get that it's cool to hate on him, but he seems to be legit trying to do something that most other game developers aren't doing, and there are worse games that people are far more forgiving of. Wouldn't you rather live in a world with SHAAUUUNNN than a world with Yet Another Call of Battlefield?

Likewise. I saw the plot twist in Heavy Rain a mile away but still enjoyed the game and getting all the endings.

I did buy Detroit Deluxe during the E3 sale so this was inevitable but I also gave up on the free PS+ games a long time ago.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Real hurthling! posted:

Dang.

Hey bee, i had to solve a midnight baby crisis during the cutscene where daigo goes to meet kiryu at the orphanage in chapter 3 what did they talk about?

No pausing cutscenes sucks

Your kid was only trying to add another channel to your sound system for the scene.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Hector Delgado posted:

So I just checked and Driveclub is still available to buy on the store. I thought it was being delisted? I can't seem to find any stories saying they changed anything either.

The delisted it early in some territories and haven't bothered to do it at all in NA for some reason. Sony doing Sony things. :iiam:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Ineffiable posted:

Playstation flash sale.

Control 20% off

Yakuza origins bundle on sale.

Some driving games (dirty rally and formula 1) on sale as well.

It’s a shame Control sold as bad as it did. It’s an excellent game. Confusing as hell but excellent.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Did they ever talk about mp for TOLU2 before this?

I believe they never planned on a mp until everyone started freaking out there wasn’t going to be one. That’s why it’s not going to released with the single player. They haven’t started it.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Akuma posted:

No, they specifically said it was going to be present, a while ago.

Where?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Thank you.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

What the hell did Ryan ever do to you? Look at that smile.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

What? That’s a real person the game is based on and not some developer’s kid they slapped on a box?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Another Sony thing killed because of their marketing incompetence. At least I get billed on the first of the month for it so I get a whole free month of service.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Thranguy posted:

As someone who hasn't had a gaming PC for decades, I'm looking forward to Civ Vi.

I also have been sort of wanting a new casual racer for a while. There doesn't seem to be a thread for Need For Speed Heat anywhere; anyone know how bad it's looking to be?

No thread because the game series has been poo poo for a decade and like three people play it. If you want a casual racer then I'd recommend Burnout Paradise Remaster. The game holds up and is extremely fun. For something more serious then GT Sport.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I can’t remember the last time they had a game that I either wanted to play or didn’t already own. Been meaning to go through Bioshock and now I have no excuse not to.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

nickhimself posted:

It's better than Underground and Most Wanted, plus some more on top of that. The story is laughable, but that's expected imo. The cars are fun as hell to drive and the cityscape is beautiful. Sometimes you'll get into a race where there's one AI driver whose car is like 100 points higher than the others, or it will feel that way at least. That doesn't happen too frequently though.

Ah, the RC Pro-Am yellow car cheat.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Whoever hasn’t played Control please do so. Amazing game.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

ShadowedFlames posted:

Adding a +1 to this. Game was better than I expected it to be.

Yes. A lot better. Would have been my game of the year but the sequel to Kevin Costner’s The Postman swooped in for that honor. A game I thought would be a train wreck.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

dads friend steve posted:

Just found out it’s on PSNow so I have 150 days to play it :cool:

While that is more than enough time to play the game, if you want to read and hear all the audio logs in the game for the lore you might be cutting it close.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

dont skimp on the shrimp posted:

How well does it run on a standard ps4? Heard it had some performance issues on consoles on release.

I have not personally tried it on a standard PS4. They patched it right after release to perform better. The previous two posts seem to confirm it does run fine now.

Play. The. Game.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

KingShiro posted:

Path of Exile on console is a miserable experience

I tried it a couple weeks ago. It really is poo poo.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

There have been issues of CDKeys selling stolen keys and getting people banned from other services and games. Not saying these keys are illegitimate but throwing out that the site has had issues before. Your decision if it's worth $28.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Two quality games that showcase the variety of the PS4 lineup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Real hurthling! posted:

Didnt they just give out a 2k game? What am i thinking of?

Xbox maybe? It went to gamepass last month.