Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I really liked Abzu but was playing by streaming to my Vita- the fact that most of the buttons you use ended up mapped to the rear touchpad and weren’t remappable meant I bailed after an hour or two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

glam rock hamhock posted:

GR2 is not a good game but I still kind of enjoyed it. Like just getting around the gigantic world of the have is a delight but almost every thing the game wants you to do on pretty much every actual mission sucks

That’s how I felt about GR1, which I played for the first time in 2017. Just going around and collecting crystals was great, but the missions - tailing people and fighting poo poo - were pretty bad.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I’m in the same boat - didn’t get the most recent code, but I’d love to pick up Persona 5!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Persona 4 Golden was a great vidya game and I can’t wait for persona 5 to come to vita or switch.

It makes me sad that it’ll never happen; maybe I’ll remote play it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I think it’s traditional for eshops to poo poo the bed around the holidays.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

You can add &platform=ps4 to the url parameters. If you want more than one, separate with a comma eg &platform=ps4,vita

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Why are they pulling it?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Thanks!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I want a modern update of NBA Streets Vol 2

It was so good

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I did the thing to use an sd card and it was trivially simple. The folder stuff and all that is obnoxious but the disk format is exfat; I've no idea how you'd fry a card formatting it to an extremely common spec. It sounds like you got some counterfeit microsd cards to be honest.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

If we believe we can do it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

The fact that Sony hasn't said anything concrete about backwards compatibility makes me think that it's going to be very disappointing

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

They have said the overwhelming majority of PS4 games will be so this makes no sense.

Link please. Last I heard it was everything released after July and the 100 most popular games. This tells me nothing about the games I actually care about.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Oh dang this is great news, thanks y'all! We don't have a ton of room, so it's important to us that the PS5 can play the PS4 games we care about. I'd been preparing for disappointment, but I im gonna go ahead and let myself get hyped for the PS5!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

All I care about is PS4 BC. I want to be able to play Burnout Paradise, Subnautica, and No Man's Sky. The first two are deal-breakers (little jones loves them); the third is a strong nice-to-have (gonna play it with him eventually). I also have a massive backlog that would be nice to play but tbh dadlyfe means I'll probably never get to them anyway so it's not a huge problem if I have to bust out the PS4 to do so in ten years or something.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I couldn't even tell if they wanted me to put my email or my PSN name into the form, and it had no validation so I submitted once with each.

What I'm saying is, nobody knows and it's gonna be ridiculous no matter what because Sony is terrible at the internet

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

On the one hand, yeah let people put games on sale.

On the other hand, the Switch store sale page is completely useless due to all the shovelware that's pretending to be 95% off or whatever.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Emulation on the vita was pretty bad in my experience. Lots of crashes, many roms wouldn't function correctly, it was just generally very janitorial and not really worth messing with

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

That's what everybody says, but it was not my experience.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

when i go to the ps store it says i don't have ps+, but it's right there as "active" in my account settings. is it no longer possible to redeem ps+ games from a computer?

e: holy crap, if i go to the actual game's page i can hit "add to library" but the links under "ps+" all take me to "subscribe to ps+" BS. the new store really is terrible!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Glad y'all said something. I was able to redeem from an incognito window. They've gotta be putting, like, the D-team on the web store

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Yes

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

It was for a bit, but I'm afraid to continue playing because it is frying SSDs in PCs

I have a hard time believing this

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

you can redeem it, but the web store is such trash that you might have to clear all your cookies and sign in again. if you don't, it'll look like you can't get it at all.

i've had to do that every time i want to use the web store for the past month or so

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

univbee posted:

I imagine it'll reset your PS5 license for the game so it's permanent and not tied to PS+.

imagine sony being this competent

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

except child of light, it ruled

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Outland was also very good, ikaruga meets metroid

ive never heard of that but it sounds cool. thanks for the tip!

i played milkmaid of the milky way finally. it was fine. it did the rhyming couplet thing like child of light did, except this time i found it much more grating (in CoL it didn't bother me at all)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

when a company stops supporting a system it's basically a flashing sign that says "pirate the games! it's free and fun!" so i don't mind too much when they shut down the servers. i'd rather them not do that, but 🤷‍♀️

if the system isn't hackable it's much worse of course. but for vita, ehhhh it just means i'll have another few months playing games that looked fun but didn't seem worth the asking price