Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

exquisite tea posted:

It's not all that weird when you consider that even a tremendously successful high-profile release like God of War is going to make peanuts in its lifetime compared to some low-effort MP lootbox game you can poo poo out once a year. Shareholders will always want to maximize profit, which means taking fewer risks and homogenizing all their products to fit the same service model.

Real hurthling! posted:

Games would only cost half as much to make if they quit spending 100 million plus on marketing them

Killing the A- or AA- gaming segments was a sacrifice the big publishers were willing to make in order to keep the riff raff out of their development treehouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sony still has warehouses full of PSTV's that now find themselves on the shelves again come December. In PS Classic form.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

univbee posted:

Really surprised it took them this long to do that, given with how much they were fire saling PSTV's you could get a PSTV and those games for not much more than $100 if you had a set mind about it, and would even get your controllers wirelessly by doing so.

Judging by the tyre fire the PSN has been for more than a decade now, I'd guess it was a lack of engineering competency in figuring out how to remove the Vita bios and feeding the custom one, also disabling or physically removing Wi-Fi antennae.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

axelblaze posted:

Time for some classic SA comedy gold!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-uTnqYHZ-I

Fragmaster is the freaking best.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It's also pretty drat bad.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Max Awfuls posted:

No, I meant Netflix because they were paying for a port of the Telltale Minecraft game that would be playable through Netflix itself and that was what those 25 people were supposedly being kept for.

Netflix probably paid a lump sum after signing a contract with the studios, the current workers at TT are not on Netflix' payroll.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

CaptainScraps posted:

I liked 40 year old Chie's aunt voice.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

There's a gold master and then there's the Activision master that is the pre-beta version sent to pressing.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Haha I wish, I was trying to give it an honest try. But I got to the first monster shooting bit and kept dying, and just gave up. I obviously could have youtubed what I was doing wrong or whatever but there's too many good games to waste your time forcing yourself through bad ones.

That video would be about spending money on The Order.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Only five years into the PS4‘s lifespan, by golly.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Right, I conked out in 2018.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

univbee posted:

they loving better. it’ll probably cost as much as the PS5 will, though.

It’s probably the only of finding out the price tag.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Real hurthling! posted:

Wait do i get dmc5 se with my sub or just regular dmc5

Regular PS4 version I'm guessing.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

morallyobjected posted:

is the lack of PS3 downloading just down to the fact that that would require a native emulator or something?

Yes.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Wow am I gonna know the prices once PayPal tells me or what

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Love this new store, tremendous content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Top notch Sony engineering, again.