Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

InfinityComplex posted:

Having only gone as far as beating this Ninja Gaiden Black on Very Hard and the first chapter on Master Ninja, I will be following this closely.

In my personal experience, very hard was way harder to get through then master ninja was due to where some of the power-ups were placed. There's a whole bunch of other stuff but we haven't seen most of it so I'll wait until we get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Anime Reference posted:

I could be wrong since I haven't played it in a long time, but IIRC in the original Ninja Gaiden Dynamo didn't have that electric shield move, and as a result you could cheese the fight fairly easily by just continually baiting and punishing his melee attacks. Now you're forced back into gun range at least once per fight and it makes him a much bigger threat.

This is a theme of Black -- lots of changes designed to counter OGNG cheese strats.

Yep, Black was made to be specifically less spammable. The shield on Dynamo got added to make you move more and the throws that the SAT troops have were added to make you less able to turtle up.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Holy crap it does stand for something.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

bman in 2288 posted:

PSWII60, I am morally obligated to give you poo poo for not playing MGR. That said, I am really bad at this boss fight. I usually end up using up all my talismans just to get through it.

Unfortunately, up soon is exactly what everyone remembers what they hate. Those loving fish...

I will graciously accept this poo poo I have been given.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

It was the older one. Unless there's more than one older one at which point I'll look up the date. I did really enjoy it but I don't really understand how anything is still alive in that world after the ending. I would like to see more of it but I don't really have time to read a series that long, the older anime doesn't have any more episodes, and I'm definitely not watching the newer one after seeing what I saw of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

This was fun and I feel like it was very well-made. I absolutely loved every part of Black as a teenager and I was very happy to relieve it vicariously. I was also happy to finally see what Sigma was like since I did not have a PS3

• Locked thread