Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

ewe2 posted:

They already check on people's criminal history, what Dutton wants is a test where applicants rule themselves out or can be caught in a lie to make rejecting them without review a simple rubber-stamp.

Looks like it.

quote:

A draft cabinet document obtained by Fairfax Media last year proposed changes to "create stronger controls over access to permanent residency and citizenship" and a renewed citizenship test (and pledge) to "strengthen accountability for commitments made at citizenship conferral
Sounds like making it easier to deny people later for not living up to "commitments made at citizenship conferral" which I assume means wearing a wire at a mosque

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Cartoon posted:

ADF culture is completely toxic? Say it isn't so.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-04/insulting-training-material-was-in-relation-to-west-papua/8162284
Marise, you had one job!

Having been on numerous ADF sites and courses this does not surprise me at all. The ADF attitude to Indonesia is paternalistic at best. It is none the less an outstanding failure of diplomacy to not be able to placate Indonesia after a month of trying. Or given our clown car government maybe they didn't think it was important enough to expend much effort. On the flip side not being complicit with Indonesia's brutal repression in West Papua would be a nice change of pace. Ah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah hah. Like this government or indeed nation gives a single rats arse about that. Just keep chucking cheap Bali booze at our culturally insensitive unwashed and keep those wretched brown poors that are fleeing from our oil wars your side of the loving ditch. I mean is it really that hard monkey men?

It was probably a regimental thing, the adf love those. Dog from footrot flats pissing on an indonesian badge or something, most likely

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

ewe2 posted:

Sussan Ley's facebook is surprisingly popular right now.

:toot:

They really spent $10k a day in the us?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

What does "shits lipids" in the context of centrelink mean anyway?

Jesus

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

This still make's me laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC-lFsCfgCs

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Think it's abbott trying to get back in?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

ewe2 posted:

Rowan Dean in the Terrorgraph has multiple orgasms as he considers the triumph of Trump and the return of Abbott:

Some people just want to watch the world burn

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

It would be nice if it made people realize when politicians talk about dole bludgers that they're talking about them (people, not politicians) not not some other group of bad people, like is usually imagined

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

A Queensland One Nation candidate has called the photo of a drowned three-year-old Syrian refugee “fabricated” news in a blog post, saying “as it turns out this kid was alive and well”.

“Abbott couldnt act quick enough to get more of these so called poor people in here… The whole photo thing was fabricated, As it turns out this kid was alive and well.”

Rogers doesn’t provide evidence for how he thinks the photo was faked.

http://peterrogersonenation.com/the-drowned-boy-the-lie-that-changed-the-world/

The guy sounds like a legit idiot, the post goes forever and nowhere

a very small part of the ravings of a dumbass posted:

The wife was ‘a balloon’ in less than three hours ? The rate of decay to a dead body in water is not instant.

Bloated (2-6 days)
This stage of decomposition includes the first visible signs of decay, namely the inflation of the abdomen due to a build-up of various gases produced by bacteria inside the cadaver. This bloating is partic...

quote:

Source: https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com

Do you think Abbott was an innocent victim of the Turnbull/Abbott coup?
no
yes
maybe
Yes definately
no idea
Add your own answer
Results

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

It would be nice if it made people realize when politicians talk about dole bludgers that they're talking about them (people, not politicians) not not some other group of bad people, like is usually imagined

Ay lmao

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Port Arthur never happened

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I am a Carceral feminist. I want more prisons and more people in them and that's all

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

hooman posted:

This kind of dovetails with a question I asked earlier this month... what the gently caress is happening in Australia's public service that this poo poo goes on?
To hazard a guess, a couple of decades of white anting probably

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Somebody was talking about ndis finding the other day itt? A friend of mine in healthcare says there's no usefull information online on how to access the ndis and any phone calls just ring out. Does anybody know anything about it?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Look into becoming an unpublished utopian sci-fi novelist

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

You Am I posted:

Just to poo poo on the news about Nalliah's group losing their charity status, billboards advertising Australia Day celebrations which included women in hijabs have been pulled down due to threats from fuckwit racist groups

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/jan/17/australia-day-billboard-featuring-women-in-hijabs-removed-after-threats

quote:

Hundreds of people criticised the image for being “too politically correct” or not a true reflection of Australia Day.

“This isn’t a reflection of Australia Day, are we losing our own culture to be politically correct??,” Sydney woman Liz Parker wrote on Facebook.

Lmao

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

hooman posted:

She's quite right, respecting others and being inclusive is definitely a massive subversion of Australian Culture.

"I think you'll find that this wide brown land is has no room for brown people."

The objection might be they were smiling,

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

they have to be doing this by postcode or they're surely hosed

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Anidav posted:

How can you gently caress up this badly and ONLY be losing in the polls by 54-46?

Fostercarer_of_38_children.txt

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Burn down tiwittrr

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I had a dream the other night that Scott Morrison was on the news face down on a hospital bed and the newsreader was saying his family are saying their tearful goodbyes then I explained to a person in my dream that even monsters have families

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Found this in a Dr waiting room today lmao

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

adamantium|wang posted:

Lmao he's not even out the door and the state Nationals have withdrawn their support for forced council mergers

Didn't they already go though?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

It's important for the police to engage in car chases lest people start thinking they can get away with things

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jan 20, 2017

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Inge posted:

Police presser stated directly wasn't terrorism related.

Countdown to newspapers headlining with "what if" scenarios though

e: although the guy was driving an old holden and doing doughies before the attack, so that was probably kind of apparent already

Was it actually an attack or did they lose control while trying to get away from the police?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Holy gently caress

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Treat em mean keep em keen

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

quote:

In a video he uploaded to his own Facebook page, an organiser of Respect Australia can be seen with supporters out of the front of the theatre, accusing the ACT Government of being "un-Australian".

"This isn't a racial thing, it isn't any religious discrimination or anything, this is an Australian cultural thing," the organiser said in the videos.

Does anybody know what this means?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Zenithe posted:

This is glorious.

:allears:

Lion helms too cowardly to use his personal account to post his hot takes now lmao

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Labour day = labor party
Australia day = one nation party?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Anidav posted:

Lmao Shorten is loving up that Australian journo at this press conference

Sounfs funny, Got a link?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Nibbles! posted:

Good Game got the chop :(

Stopped watching Good game when they made goose a full membwr. gently caress goose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Anidav posted:

I still can't get over how owned that Journo was.

Shorten has become a worthy zinger jedi

It was like watching Mr bean get owned

• Locked thread