Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ParTwo
Mar 5, 2013

I'm making it rain-Bo!
Metropolis was never meant to be remade in Mega Man's soundfont.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParTwo
Mar 5, 2013

I'm making it rain-Bo!
In addition to the bat ceiling, there were also some regular swoopers thrown in. You can hear the sound effect they use when they drop down. Those guys are perfectly safe to jump on and have a slightly different sprite.

ParTwo
Mar 5, 2013

I'm making it rain-Bo!
I had a similar issue which was fixed by mapping the diagonals properly on my controller. It's a little touchy but it's doable easy enough within three tries. In other emulators it doesn't matter, but it does for snes9x. If you haven't done that, try that. No idea if that works on keyboard though.

ParTwo
Mar 5, 2013

I'm making it rain-Bo!
There's a part of me that wonders why that particular Touhou meme continues to live to this very day. Much like many other Touhou memes, it's also one I don't like, so seeing it referenced so much is a little painful for me.

At least Cirno's theme is alright, I just don't think the Mario World soundfont works for it well at all.

ParTwo
Mar 5, 2013

I'm making it rain-Bo!
The messed up spin jump sound effect was making me giggle like an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParTwo
Mar 5, 2013

I'm making it rain-Bo!
That might have been the most rude single spike I've ever seen in a romhack.

• Locked thread