Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FPzero posted:

I'm of two opinions regarding Zelda Classic.

The first is that Zelda Classic quests are probably more suited to the Fangames thread just by nature of not being romhacks. That's the logical answer.

The second is that there really aren't many Zelda romhacks out there because almost everyone uses ZC instead. Link to the Past romhacking died off very quickly once ZC started gaining traction and Zelda 1 romhacking is relatively unpopular. As such, you could almost consider ZC quests to be *the* Zelda romhacks that otherwise wouldn't exist because the tools aren't advanced enough to allow it.

Everyone's heard of the Parallel Worlds romhack, but how many people know about the ZC quests Lost Isle or Link to the Heavens? Zelda Classic quests have an interesting history and I've seen that the editor's functions are improving more and more with time. Scripting is now possible and has made for the ability to add new items that were never in the original Zelda 1. It's all very impressive.

I think I'm going to allow Zelda Classic quests in here on the basis of my second thought. Of course, it's up to you where you'd want to post any playthrough you do but I won't say no if you start one in this thread!

well if you're talking romhacks there's always http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2136/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

if we're talking crazy zelda classic poo poo there's always ZODIAC http://www.purezc.net/index.php?page=projects&id=224

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

It is written like an awful nerd comedy project from 2007 (lmao trans lmao doctor who lmao all your base) which is a shame because it also has good dungeons?? Maybe I should record it sometime

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

horizontal mario

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

it was nice horizontal mario

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Kurui Reiten posted:

Here, a Raocow playthrough of it. I didn't find a good link of it alone, either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWACOq2Z4WU

i hate his loving stupid voice

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Inco posted:

Then they didn't do a good enough job of informing the player of that. Players would read "You have two mushrooms to use for all of these levels" and a reasonable takeaway is that they would keep the mushroom they used until they lost it, and have a second. This leads to the player using the mushrooms up unwisely because the mechanics weren't properly explained, and either restarting the level entirely or doing the parts over and over until they get it right.

i understood what it said, it seemed pretty clear?

it's lovely but its not confusing.

the real crime is that they use the same song for an hour

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I tell you what, it's looking like that hack is bad.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I'm Crow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ice Dungeon is great and I love it

• Locked thread