Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Rex-Goliath posted:

don't worry a mad scientist is gonna take care of it with gmo mosquitos soon enough

Imagine GMO mosquitos injecting vaccines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Smythe posted:

holy poo poo!!

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Smythe posted:

Imagine weed mosquitos injecting THC

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
imagine goony mosquitos injectin

yeah like they'd ever inject anything

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

the most effective mosquito deterrent is a simple motorized fan, they're too weak to fly against the breeze. or you could pay 20x as much for some poo poo with lasers that probably won't even work reliably
that doesnt thin out the population tho which is the stated goal of the laser thingy. to be fair IV took some flak for claiming it was intended for africa since most of africa doesnt have reliable electricity but a mosquito killing laser turret on top of my house sure would make the summers more tolerable

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Smythe posted:

i dont have to imagine obamas fema darpa research project

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Agile Vector posted:

i dont have to imagine obamas fema darpa research project
wasnt that the plot of the first xfiles movie?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i thought gmosquitoes were already a thing, demonstrating infecting populations with infertile bugs or something like that?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

flakeloaf posted:

i thought gmosquitoes were already a thing, demonstrating infecting populations with infertile bugs or something like that?

yeah they're a thing and they're modified with a gene that makes them incapable of carrying malaria. it's a dominant gene too so once you let a handful loose in the population it's only a matter of time until it spreads and malaria disappears since it can only spread via mosquito with the recessive gene

we haven't released them into the wild yet for :ohdear: reasons which is why i said it's only a matter of time until a mad scientist does it. literally all you need is a couple jars of the fuckers and a 'oh woopsy just let them loose oh well' and nature takes care of the rest

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

going to be fine until they start tunneling into peoples brains

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
can a gmo mosquito please bite me to make my dick and balls bigger, please?

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Rex-Goliath posted:

we haven't released them into the wild yet for :ohdear: reasons which is why i said it's only a matter of time until a mad scientist does it. literally all you need is a couple jars of the fuckers and a 'oh woopsy just let them loose oh well' and nature takes care of the rest

like when Bill Gates opened a jar at a TED talk and told the audience he'd just released malaria-carrying mosquitoes

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

eschaton posted:

like when Bill Gates opened a jar at a TED talk and told the audience he'd just released malaria-carrying mosquitoes

lol

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

if i were still traveling all the time id be hammering preorder on that triple screen workstation laptop right now

i used to have whatever workstation that was with the little portrait screen on the side, perfect for a terminal

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

bees make honey and pollinate crops, you monster

bees aren't annoying. I'm talking about black flies and fruit flies and the like.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

FMguru posted:

wasnt that the plot of the first xfiles movie?

yeah but it was bees

Shaggar posted:

bees aren't annoying. I'm talking about black flies and fruit flies and the like.

sure until obamas clintons alien bees sting you and your body is the host for a black oil alien from a triangle box

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

eschaton posted:

must be nice to have so much money that when you troll people with fake biological weapon attacks people are just like oh Bill that kidder

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

on the subject of internet of poo poo devices, heres samsung being creepy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DH58N9jexE

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

literal dad thermostat sixth sense

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

heeeere we go

http://crossfade.io/#!/0gkq36tvse

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Thanks Ants posted:

on the subject of internet of poo poo devices, heres samsung being creepy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DH58N9jexE

hahahaha

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

kirk was last sighted running down the las vegas strip clothed only in hundreds of attendee badges and holding a curiously large laptop

quote:

Two unidentified prototypes were stolen from Razer’s booth Sunday night, Razer CEO Min-Liang Tan wrote on Facebook early this morning.

He said that the company has filed a police report and is working both with show management and law enforcement to track down the thief.

He didn’t say which of the prototypes were stolen. The company showed off two new devices this year: a laptop with three screens that automatically pop into place when opened and a special projector that extends the lights and looks of a video game to an entire room.

While no more details were offered, Tan did raise the possibility of this being a case of industrial espionage.

“At Razer, we play hard and we play fair,” he wrote on the Facebook post. “Our teams worked months on end to conceptualize and develop these units and we pride ourselves in pushing the envelope to deliver the latest and greatest.

“We treat theft/larceny, and if relevant to this case, industrial espionage, very seriously – it is cheating, and cheating doesn’t sit well with us. Penalties for such crimes are grievous and anyone who would do this clearly isn’t very smart.”

Tan said that if anyone has any information about the thefts to reach out to the company at legal@razerzone.com.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Smythe posted:

can a gmo mosquito please bite me to make my dick and balls bigger, please?

the kamasutra recommends using bee stings

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
is it over? didn't see much funy compute this year, honestly.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

qirex posted:

kirk was last sighted running down the las vegas strip clothed only in hundreds of attendee badges and holding a curiously large laptop

“At Razer, we play hard and we play fair,” he wrote on the Facebook post.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

lol

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
so we did vegas HARD and i only made it to the show floor for like 30 minutes.

no pics or anything sorry i let you down yospos

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I would have it no other way

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
fuckin noob

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

is it over? didn't see much funy compute this year, honestly.

the funy compute is in all of us but mostly its u

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

ces 2017: my dishwasher got trump elected

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

the version that's an expensive toy for idiots probably just kills everything, or maybe nothing, idk

it's ces it probably just sits there swiveling it's head around and shining a cheap red laser pointer on everything

it most likely doesn't kill anything

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

oliwan posted:

who goes to the loving beach and watches TV? how broken does your brain have to be?
agreed, when i'm at the beach i post

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Wild EEPROM posted:

imagine goony mosquitos injectin

yeah like they'd ever inject anything
tcc mosquitoes inject krokodil

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

My Linux Rig posted:

it's ces it probably just sits there swiveling it's head around and shining a cheap red laser pointer on everything

it most likely doesn't kill anything

this kills the startup

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Agile Vector posted:

this kills the startup
lolled too hard @ this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

*mario voice* mamma mia