Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
like neofolk with women instead of Nazis? This sounds worthwhile.

(perennial lol: Bandcamp artists tagging their stuff "neofolk" then discovering what it actually is)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Earwicker posted:

im going to start tagging all of my albums on bandcamp with "neofolk" in hopes divabot will write some crap article about me

you might get a review if you manage not to suck. Literally tens of people could hear about you!

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Cymbal Monkey posted:

Anna Von Hausswolff is a musical genius with a voice without equal and Come Wander With Me/Deliverance is probably the apex of human artistic achievement but I don't really get the folksiness? I thought about putting her in the op but I didn't quite feel the fit. But whatever, people need to know.

PS. I've heard some of her new stuff when she opened for Swans and it's loving drone doom and I'm so loving excited for the album.

The organ? harmonium? intro reminds me of seeing Nico in 1986 with the Blue Orchids backing her. (Literally the same Blue Orchids who recorded The Greatest Hit. I didn't know this then.) She was quite definitely the noirest of folk, cutting sick on her harmonium. I recorded it on my Walkman, gently caress knows what happened to the tape. Also, her voice was an octave or so lower.

divabot fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 20, 2017

• Locked thread