Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
My team should make a desperation trade for
This poll is closed.
Rudy Gay 8 10.39%
Goran Dragic 3 3.90%
Rajon Rondo 10 12.99%
Paul Millsap 19 24.68%
I'm good actually 37 48.05%
Total: 77 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

ROCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hits the layup with 0.1 left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
oh my god

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Brett Brown owned the Wolves with the alley oop out of bounds play yessss

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Ricky Mean Mug

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Covington is never gonna pass again.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
That was way harder than it should be. Did everything they could to blow it in the 4th. That last play owned though

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

THESE FANS CAN BOO ALL THEY WANT IM STILL CHUKIN 10 3'S A GAME - RoCo

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
It was funny hearing the Sixers broadcast team harping on Rubio's poor 3pt shooting when Covington is just as bad but takes 6 of them a night.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Dedmon is playing great this game.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

It was funny hearing the Sixers broadcast team harping on Rubio's poor 3pt shooting when Covington is just as bad but takes 6 of them a night.

RICKY RUBIO OF ALL PEOPLE

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

NotWearingPants posted:

Except RoCo is a 3+D dude who's shot well his whole life until now. Rubio always has been a mediocre shooter, although he did shoot pretty well over the second half of last year.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Paul George is our nemesis

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
i was kinda counting on the raptors spurs game to be entertaining. what the hell am i supposed to do now, educate myself, become physically fit?/ this is some bullshit adam silver

tehchekt
May 7, 2007
something cool and profound
Isaiaiaiah Thomas has hit 39 free throws in a row

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I love you PG13.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

NotWearingPants posted:

I chose the Wolves audio broadcast for this game as opposed to the Sixers because everytime I listen to the Sixers announcers they are just making GBS threads constantly on other players and it's like . . . we're talking about the broadcasters covering an 8 win team here.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Rick posted:

I chose the Wolves audio broadcast for this game as opposed to the Sixers because everytime I listen to the Sixers announcers they are just making GBS threads constantly on other players and it's like . . . we're talking about the broadcasters covering an 8 win team here.

??? I wonder if you picked some bad games to listen too. They're usually one of the better announcing pairs; did the Olympics together.

Abdenalby just joined up with Zumoff last year iirc. Zumoff was previously partnered with Malik Rose and they were a GOAT announcing duo.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Time to rest Lowry, DC

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Give us back CoJo and the agony will stop
Cmon

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Cmon

Sure, we'll trade you one Lamarcus Aldridge for him

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

chunkles posted:

i was kinda counting on the raptors spurs game to be entertaining. what the hell am i supposed to do now, educate myself, become physically fit?/ this is some bullshit adam silver

Praise Lenny

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Cmon

That would be real nice

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Grizzlies are a tough matchup for the Lakers just in general but right now when they really need a win this isn't exactly a welcome matchup.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

??? I wonder if you picked some bad games to listen too. They're usually one of the better announcing pairs; did the Olympics together.

Abdenalby just joined up with Zumoff last year iirc. Zumoff was previously partnered with Malik Rose and they were a GOAT announcing duo.

I usually only throw them on if I notice the Sixers are in a close game that isn't on my TV so it could've just been a bad day.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Watching Finney-Smith on d is one of the highlights of the Mavs' season.

Edit: Fans just got wild for a Finney-Smith diving steal. The people at the AAC tonight know what's up.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 4, 2017

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
spurs won big tonight.

lamarcus aldridge is the key to this whole team. if he can perform this well during the playoffs then the spurs can make a deep run.

great game all around. bertans hit a 3. all is well in the world.

Away all Goats posted:

Sure, we'll trade you one Lamarcus Aldridge for him

jesus christ, hell no

edit:

two fun match up for this game:

JSimms v Terrence Ross - these guys were going at each other and Ross totally balled out all over JSimms. I feel like something about JSimms makes other really athletic 2/3s just go at him. its a good learning experience for him, even though he just gets perpetually owned

Cory Joseph v Dejounte Murray - CoJo totally owned Dejounte and it was a joy to watch. A former 3rd string Spur showing the up and comer how much more he has to learn. It was cool and CoJo is awesome.

Bonus Matchup:

lamarcus v nogueira. lamarcus made him look a fool so many times, almost felt bad for him

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 4, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Get ready, this is the start of the Mavs ruining their draft position.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
jokic owns

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Heat are down 8 with 1:25 to go but not running an offense at all and yelling at each other

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Marquese Chriss is a real basketball player, in Guys Who Draft Posters Took A Firm But Wrong Stance on news today.

Also gently caress Cox cable for putting NBATV on a shared station that is barely working so I can barely watch the Lakers winning at the moment. Not that I don't expect them to give it back in the second half, if not sooner.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Brolander posted:

jokic owns

You know it

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Rick posted:

Marquese Chriss is a real basketball player, in Guys Who Draft Posters Took A Firm But Wrong Stance on news today.

Also gently caress Cox cable for putting NBATV on a shared station that is barely working so I can barely watch the Lakers winning at the moment. Not that I don't expect them to give it back in the second half, if not sooner.
He sucks. I won't back down.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I like watching the Lakers :)

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

like, I appreciate that Chriss just had the best game of his career against a glorified d-league team with Willie Reed and Luke Babbit as their starting bigs, but he still cannot do any of things that everyone knew that he couldn't do leading into the draft (rebound, defend [although he has been better here than i thought], pass, do high-basketball iq things) and he hasn't shown an ability to do any of the things that people thought he could do (score in pick n roll, be athletic) against good NBA players.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I don't mind the Spurs beating my Raps when they play so drat well. Best team to watch when they are hot

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

it's weird that the Lakers are pretty good when healthy despite Ingram showing nothing on offense. Would be cool if they grabbed the 8 seed.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Chriss's rebound rate and assist rate added together is lower than his turnover rate which is hilarious

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Juaguocio posted:

Praise Lenny

that game was brutal. i'm glad i checked out after the first quarter.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Swaggy

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
They just showed Laker_Fan.gif guy on TV, and he looks like he has put on 50 pounds since the famous gif

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
This Randle-Mosgov connection is really eating the Grizzlies lunch.

straight up brolic posted:

like, I appreciate that Chriss just had the best game of his career against a glorified d-league team with Willie Reed and Luke Babbit as their starting bigs, but he still cannot do any of things that everyone knew that he couldn't do leading into the draft (rebound, defend [although he has been better here than i thought], pass, do high-basketball iq things) and he hasn't shown an ability to do any of the things that people thought he could do (score in pick n roll, be athletic) against good NBA players.

Lol I would love to argue with you here but as I said I'm a frequent Suns watcher (NOT A FAN) so I can't. Still, he has his moments of competence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

They just showed Laker_Fan.gif guy on TV, and he looks like he has put on 50 pounds since the famous gif

He has a MOZZY sign.

• Locked thread