Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Dachau dare you make the thread title a holocaust pun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

He was probably right in some kinda southern dialect.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

blue squares posted:

crawl through a tunnel of poo poo the length of five football fields, just shy of half a mile, and then chisel rocks into the individual notes of the sheet music

Inmate: [Humming along with the clanging from the pipeline below, furiously transcribing onto a sheet of toilet paper] Yes... yes! It's wonderful!

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Hey I know you guys like comics. What's that The Mask comic like?

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
You'd think we'd have a real life existenz by now, but pretty much the closest thing we have is playing the arcade games in grand theft auto.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Skwirl posted:

I read the play for M. Butterfly and it's solid. Would love to see the original Broadway performance with John Lithgow as the french diplomat.

It was John Lithgow and BD Wong iirc :swoon:

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Skwirl posted:

drat, that would have been amazing.

Edit: Found a clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=040OgeqmIY8

Fun fact: Cronenberg, Howard Shore, and David Henry Hwang (who wrote M. Butterfly) teamed up to make a The Fly opera back in 08.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYYo2scfGuM

edit: with Placido motherfucking Domingo conducting.

Carly Gay Dead Son fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jan 7, 2017

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

CPL593H posted:

I've wanted to check that out for a while and ended up buying the trades because you mentioned it. Anyway, if you'd like to get them without paying an absurd markup tfaw.com has the first three collected editions for eight bucks each. The omnibus that contains the same material usually goes for 200 bucks.

My man.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

corn in the bible posted:

YTOTD is this 1979 estonian scifi film based on a Strugatsky novel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4QGecvBWsY

Aw hell yeah, I had this in my watchlist but those youtube fascists took it down.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

You're an embarrassing doorman and garbage man. gently caress you. Kiss my rear end.

-Mao Zedong

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

CelticPredator posted:

It's funny when Rob Mcelhenney does black face. It's not funny when Fallon does black face:

Because Mcelhenney does it to criticize white ignorance and Fallon does it to be endearing.

To expound: McElhenney plays a lovely human being who thinks it's ok to wear blackface. Fallon is a lovely human being who thinks it's ok to wear blackface.

Carly Gay Dead Son fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jan 10, 2017

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Skwirl posted:

What would you come out about? not to put you on the spot but you only talk about dating girls and I assumed you were cisgendered dude.

His dad's a virulent heterophobe.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Criminal Minded posted:

white guys don't tend to have avatars from Belly

The current one? I think that's Paris is Burning.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

2017 might bring us the first ever picture of a black hole, brought to us by The Event Horizon Telescope :eyepop:

Can't wait for all those HD pics of Sam Neill's bloody ballsack.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

morestuff posted:

This morning I got called a human being for eating one donut instead of two

You should show up in drag tomorrow and eat all the donuts in front of everyone.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Hat Thoughts posted:

Here's the video where Trump talks about Citizen Kane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a63ymFn6nS0

It was earlier footage from when Errol Morris was planning on making

and reused for an Academy Awards presentation or something like that i cant remember

I have finally found a meaning for Make America Great Again: Let's go back to the time when greedy shitbags like this couldn't even get elected governor and died alone in their decrepit mansions pining over a loving sled.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Its straight up stolen valor imo

I heard this term for the first time a week ago and now this is like the fourth time it's been brought up since then.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Bye Bye Man shoulda been about Sam Hyde stalking teenagers and doing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBNNlyI0Dn4

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

As a shy dirtbag I can confirm this guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

MacheteZombie posted:

I hate pulling out my phone to look up something and instantly forgetting what I wanted to look up.

Sounds like you need to work on your pull out game.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Nothing should ever be about Sam Hyde doing anything.

Well that's too bad because I'm already working on a script about Sam Hyde's vengeful cyber ghost wreaking havoc on liberal tumblrites and adult swim fatcats for cancelling his show.

But yeah for the record I do think Sam Hyde is a piece of poo poo.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Clemens, how are you finding all these? Just manual search labor and knowledge of foreign movie titles?

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

You calling me a lazy nazi or something?

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Hat Thoughts posted:

No I've just had that comic open in a tab for a while & wanted the slightest excuse to post it. Figured a mention of Sam Hyde might be as close as I get.

Gotcha. Jerkcity owns and I was afraid that it was being used against me.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

blue squares posted:

those animals are the cutest :3:

I will not tolerate this kind of anti-Irish slander!

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
I was about to post about how I'd never show you people any of the lovely things I've written, but then I realized: I'm doing that just by posting.
:negative:

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

blue squares posted:

I wrote three drafts of a novel over the last two years but I will never show it to anyone because its still insanely bad. I gave up on it

The problem is you're writing a novel. You should try your hand at a 160-page sci-fi comedy screenplay.

I'm playin cp i love you man

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Hat Thoughts posted:

I know a guy who's really surprised about Sam Hyde and it's like... I don't know how you watch more than one of his videos & find that shocking.

I was really into Million Dollar Extreme back when they were called Alien Mode in like 2009. It was some perfect surrealist idiocy, and totally apolitical. Then over the years they got more and more cruel and alt-righty, and eventually I had to sever. Still, that Sam Hyde TedX is a loving modern classic. There's even moments of genius in the adult swim show. I hope they turn their dumbass lives around.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
^^^PKD predicted hipster fashion in Ubik. It's wild.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The lesson here, kids, is that "apolitical" means "reactionary".

In this case, absolutely, and probably in general too. But I loving love Michael Mann and James Ellroy, for example, and I know a lot of people in this thread do too, and seems both those guys have some some pretty reactionary views on life.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Cronocrímenes is the poo poo.

Say, whaddaya call a Vigalondo that isn't yours?

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Good lord, Samuel Clemens you weren't kidding about Planet of the Vampires. loving awesome, easily among the top 3 best movies about finding a bunch of very big skeletons in space.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Samuel Clemens posted:

It's a really pretty film, too. Almost on par with Forbidden Planet in terms of colour usage and set design.

I like the part where the captain is communicating with the crew of the other ship via video screen, and it's clearly just three actors cramped inside the set behind a glass window. It's genius, I'd never seen that before.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
I watched and enjoyed Zoolander 2 today.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

bows1 posted:

Not sure if any of you have worked on music videos before, but this is perfect in every way, and also explains how terrible it is to work on these videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9L3j-lVLwk

This is pretty rad.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's one of the most unique concepts for a game I can think of. Soundtrack rules too - at the time, that was somewhat in vogue. In 98, Yes did the soundtrack for Homeworld, in 97 I want to say, Mark Mothersbaugh did the soundtrack for Interstate 82.

Biggest one for me is Bowie's soundtrack for Omikron in 2000.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Skwirl posted:

NIN (or maybe "just" Trent Reznor) did the soundtrack for the original Quake back in 97ish, I knew a goth girl who had no interest in playing videogames but carried a copy of it in her cd case because it would play the soundtrack if you put it in a normal cd player.

I remember at this party in middle school this girl I was crushin on hard brought up the videogame Sacrifice, cause she was obsessed with Gwen Stefani who was somehow involved in it. I was so ready to be like, "dam mami lemme describe the mechanics of this sci fi rts/rpg hybrid to you at length gurl." thinking this would impress her but then she and her dirtbag friends started crushing up altoids and snorting them, which was my cue to leave. I remember hearing a lot of screams of pain as I walked away. I don't remember if I ever spoke to her again.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
The 90s-early 2000s was like the New Hollywood for videogames.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Y'all I just had possibly the best possible night:
-had French Onion soup
-made kickass White Russians
-showed my new GF Green Room (she loved it)
-shortly after I got my first beej

Life is beautiful.

Jeez I don't remember any of these scenes from the classic Roberto Benigni movie.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

CPL593H posted:

I mean, it was the Russians who liberated the camps.

Nah it was the Americans iirc, (they really wanted that oscar). The only parallel I can see is the nazi atrocities, only C&P's resulted in a beej, whereas Roberto's resulted in getting gunned down in earshot of his son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Is anyone else peeved by people roasting Trump about his tiny hands? Besides the body-shaming angle, it's also incredibly petty and ignores the myriad legitimate complaints about him as a person/politician. I say this as a dainty-handed man, and am posting it here rather than on social media because I don't want my friends and family to know how insecure I am about my hand size. I assure you there's no problem down there though.

• Locked thread