Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Just out of curiosity, whose voice do y'all read SMG's posts in? I usually default to Herzog but it definitely doesn't fit with 100% of his stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Hat Thoughts posted:

Can all of you read posts in voices that easily for real or are u just saying so as a joke, genuine question.

For the record your posting voice is very soothing and matter-of-fact

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

What's my posting voice

Matt Christman doing an angry guido voice

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

SMG voice: Fraiser
The rest of you: the Dad

You're a Ryan Gosling voice for me

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Snak posted:

Who the gently caress uses "gallant"?

Goofus uses "gallant"

Gallant uses "dope"

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Hostile V posted:

Oh poo poo that's right, this video. Pretty sure it was Jenny.

At this point, I can comfortably retire from posting, knowing I will be credited for every good thing that happened in this thread in the past year or so

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
For the record, good things that can be attributed to me:

- Deep web exploration video series
- CPL wearing the shorts
- Jeff approaches the Clown, full of rage
- Popularizing the tag yourself meme in this thread

Good things that can be attributed to other lovely goons:

- Everything else

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
As long as we're attributing things from past GenChat threads, I'd like to properly attribute to Hat Thoughts the funniest thing posted in the entirety of the last thread, the concept of watching this video at half speed, on repeat, having had no sleep for 48 hours

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

MacheteZombie posted:

Jenny,

I got the gift you got me over the weekend. Once I get it framed and on the wall I'll share a pic! Thank you!

Thank you!

If anyone else received an email/PM from me saying that their gift should be on the way, but has yet to receive said gift, please let me know and I'll look into it

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

plz dont pull out posted:

Mr. Flunchy. Not sure what happened to him.

That dude ruled because he was typically an engaging and insightful critic but he also had the weirdest hangup about Zero Dark Thirty that would make it into his discussion of any movie even tangentially related to the subject matter

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Hat Thoughts posted:

My roommate got really annoyed after a while

I wanna say you linked to the version that eventually fades out into a "check out our other movie clips!" outro with some pleasant airy music? Because IMO that's the correct version to put on repeat, especially given it cuts him off mid-AMBOUGEH

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
The other best thing about the previous GenChat thread was I think it was Anonymous Robot posting about how UMD is a carnival of human misery. Highlights included the juggalo tree and an official campus-wide email saying to avoid the quad because there's a group of men attacking anyone who comes near and we can't do anything about it for now

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Hey can anyone recommend some good cooking games? I'm one of the best Overcooked players in the whole wide world so obviously I love that, but all its recipes are super simple, with the challenge being more about managing co-op coordination in all the offbeat kitchen designs. I'm looking for something more based around larger numbers of recipes, more ingredients and processes involved in the recipes, etc. Something that I can play to sorta get myself into a soothing rhythm of memorized patterns to make a perfect lasagne or such

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Snak posted:

Wait are there Overcooked leaderboards?

No I don't think so, but I've gotten 3 stars with every map with 3 separate partners (which the XBox said was like a pretty rare achievement to do once, maybe less than 1%?) and have racked up some obnoxious past-3-star records on a bunch of the maps, so I feel comfortable in my use of goofy hyperbole

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

LesterGroans posted:

For some reason I find Steve Jobs really rewatchable.

Like other time loop movies, its formal repetition really lends itself to creating a welcoming groove

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Hostile V posted:

Oh poo poo that's right, this video. Pretty sure it was Jenny.

weekly font posted:

Night Mind was you wasn't it?

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

no i got night mind from jenny i think

I was seriously not prepared for the extent of this

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/somersaulthippo/status/818848310467366913

Quitting my job to make this a reality rn. I'll see you all when it's finished, or perhaps, in Hell

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
To this point, there's a kernel of something interesting in the Forza Horizon series where the initial setup has the window dressing of "you're at this massive outdoor music and car festival in a gorgeous location with a bunch of colorful characters, go have bonding and self-discovery experiences in the Italian countryside while racing your obnoxious cars" but that's mostly just a pretty spare setup for a Ubisoft-style content map. It'd be pretty rad imo to actually lean into that setup

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I've never actually read any substantial piece of writing by Film Crit Hulk on account of everything about his presentation is deeply unappealing. What kind of critical / analytical perspective does he typically bring

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Unironic woke Plinkett.

[softly, gently] Yikes

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Timby posted:

The switch to HD just killed what was left of the animation quality.

There's such a verve to everything in the old-school credits, like look at that joyous sweep of Marge's hair right there. To trade that in for the two-frame horsehit in the bottom version, man

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Look, I'm not typically one to throw shade at SMG, I think he's a very insightful guy and his posts are a hoot to read. But the fact of the matter is that none of the found footage Youtubes I've seen him post over the years have come close to the power of this classic, and someone's gotta take him to task for that

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Death By The Blues posted:

At least you got feedback :P

Hey man I poo poo all over your script, don't sell me short

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Really?! I didn't get anything haha

You were the short about the guy who lost his wife in a suitcase right? Cause if so I definitely wrote like a page or two worth of critique on that and you responded. I guess I didn't make it clear that it was me in that email, but none of the paragraphs in it had punctuation at the end of them and if you can't keep track of my minor typing gimmick then that's your fault imo

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

O shoot you did, sorry about that! We fixed a bunch of that. If you wanted to read the new grammatically corrected screenplay, please let me know.

Yeah for sure please give it to me again and I will brutally attack it again!! I'mma kill you, man

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Yo I've only read the first page of the new script so far but it's quite good now and really draws me in. It's looking like a major improvement that you should be 100% very proud of

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

13 Hours is actually two and a half hours of Michael Bay screaming "what the gently caress is the point of American imperialism in the Middle East?" while some sick firefights and explosions play in the background. Highly underrated.

The thematic centerpiece of that movie is when they're in the armored truck trying to escape the compound and they're just slowly, awkwardly backing up and negotiating a lane change for a few minutes while everyone's screaming at everyone in languages the other parties don't understand

It's not that subversive because it still couches its anti-imperialism in that hoary "dickless bureaucrats holding OUR BRAVE TROOPS back" poo poo to an extent, but it's legitimately a rare and pleasant surprise for the moral conclusion of that logic to be "get our troops out of there" rather than "get the bureacrats out of there and let our troops fire rifles at as many brown men as it takes"

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

blue squares posted:

I thought the message was that Hillary should go to jail?

I don't recall Clinton being mentioned in the film

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I seen folks being like "yo don't hate on The Young Pope, because it's very much in on its own jokes" and I'm like, man... nothing could make me hate on it more

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Power of Pecota posted:

"The Young Pope uses LMFAO's Sexy and I Know It to score the young pope getting dressed. That's good." - credible person on a HBO-sponsored website

Whenever there's some X vs. Y take predicated on Y being bad because it's "joyless", X always sounds like the most exhausting thing to get through

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Anonymous Robot posted:

Jenny I ain't seen it but there's a new pig pic on Netflix, Mr. Pig: "An aging California pig-farmer whose farm is on the brink of foreclosure makes a last-ditch trip across the border to sell his prized hog."

Selling a prize hog rather than cherishing it into its old age is disgusting to me, consider yourself blocked and reported

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

DC Murderverse posted:

Question 1: Is there an award for best animal in a movie?

Question 2: if so, did the cat from Gone Girl win?

Question 3: if no to either Q1 or Q2, why?

Babe

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
V important: If y'all were for real judging the final rap battles in 8 Mile, where would you have Rabbit finish? I'd have him narrowly losing out to Lotto in the semis

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Here's me (enclosed, I have included a picture of me (it's me in the picture))

https://twitter.com/AnnDabromowitz/status/822637067159146498

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Jenny, are you out in the rally in Chicago?

I live in Manhattan

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Ah my bad, idk why i thought you lived in Chicago

I'm from Chicago but I ain't been back there in about 4 years now. That and the fact that I love Chicago hip-hop are probably why you thought it, it's a very reasonable thing to assume tbh

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I really need like an hour long video that consists entirely of Night Mind warning me in various ways that what I'm about to hear is highly disturbing and graphic, and that this is my last chance to turn back

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Every so often I remember that Welcome Home isn't meant to be like an evil monologue sung by an evil prince from one of their concept albums, it's the main Coheed guy whining about an actual girlfriend who dumped him while the band was on tour, and I'm like... does my man have a lot more self-awareness than I'd give a prog metal singer credit for, or even less

I'm leaning "more" right now but either way it makes the song even goofier

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

K. Waste posted:

Ah, see, but the author is the evil prince! So even though it's 'prog rock,' we can still make an emo song about symbolically killing his ex-girlfriend.

Honestly the ex sounds like a pretty cool person, I'm up for hanging out with anyone who storms off to scar some armadas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

wyoming posted:

Nah.
Liberals are poo poo, and "The left is tearing itself apart" is a lazy meme.

What's especially goofy about it is that it didn't take Bors himself much time at all to stake out positions in these very arguments that he's condemning here, like he did one just this week about how ridiculous it is to clutch one's pearls over Nazis getting punch and I'm like... Matt... my man... you best start believing in the importance and efficacy of leftism vs. liberalism battles... you're in one

Unrelated to anything, but on account of I just caught it again, you know what movie has an absolutely dynamite trailer? Blue Valentine has one of those

• Locked thread