Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I enjoyed your distressed ramblings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I can't stop listening to the Alvin and the Chipmunks pop covers slowed down to their original recording speed.
I keep listening to that at work but at double speed so it's just the regular voices singing in regular time. It's not good but it's entertaining.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

TrixRabbi posted:

There was one that's not there now that was great and it mashed the "I Sit On You" song from Tim & Eric with "I Got My Mind Set On You" by George Harrison and I'm devastated it's gone.
Orgonon Gurls was the song that made me look up Kate Bush and now I love Kate Bush' stuff. Shame to see that the Sit On You remix is gone.

https://soundcloud.com/neilcic/orgonon-gurls

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

The first movie to win a Newbery Medal.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

You can't say that and not link the video, please do share.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Gonz posted:

I now want someone to hold Tim Cook's hand in a jar of acid.
At a party.

glam rock hamhock posted:

This was posted on here awhile back so credit to whoever it was that originally found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I43pxV35MbY
Contains the best jumpscare I've seen in years
Oh poo poo that's right, this video. Pretty sure it was Jenny. I seriously love the part where he goes into an abandoned theater, it just makes me shiver seeing a familiar work environment just get ruined.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

drat, that's a loving pretty library.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

MisterBibs posted:

Apropos of nothing, I feel bad for live musicians at bars. You know they, deep down, want to play their own music they've written. But their audience (you know, white folks in the process of getting drunk) only respond to the covers they know the lyrics to while in the aforementioned process of getting drunk.
You been watchin' La La Land, huh.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

It looks like a someone is defacing a Roman fresco.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Build a fort for the interns.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Hmm.

I dunno, I can't pick any off the top of my head, but maybe I'd take one of those 10 million dollar found footage films from 2006-2015 that are just totally forgettable and pick them apart for something more interesting. Maybe like pick Devil's Due and remove all of the racist aspects and the blatant cult involvement or Project Almanac and turn that into something more cohesive.

Alternately a redo of Cabin in the Woods into a movie that either focuses exclusively on the folks in the conspiracy or removes the whole "elder gods" thing and the fact that they're making them conform to certain roles. Or both. I think that's a movie that could do with some meddling.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

I'm glad La La Land is getting a good reception. It turns out my cousin's friend who collaborated on him in videos and stuff in college ended up having a role in the production of the film, so much so my cousin got invited to go to the red carpet premiere and watch the movie. Dude works for Lionsgate but I'm not sure what role he plays in filming.

Shame the week he was going to go down to the premiere was the week grandma died and he scrapped his plans to be a pallbearer with me. He could've still gone to the premiere, but he felt bad about having to take extra time off for the funeral and just decided to cancel the flight.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

There's a difference between doing what SNL did, which admittedly they feel is a mistake and are fighting back against it with intentionally antagonizing the guy and taking some good shots at him (which, to some, is too little too late), and what Fallon did. SNL kinda just flatly tolerated having Trump on the show and that episode is largely unwatchable mostly because there's the big elephant in the room of the fact that he's on the show and none of it is funny, none of it is anything beyond the slightest lip service. Fallon had him on the show and he did more than tolerated his presence; he engaged with him, he paled around and he even mussed up his hair. It's the fact that he so openly engaged with him and treated him like he's far more harmless than he is but also that he's deserving of such treatment.

SNL still really isn't off the hook with me though. The passivity of having him on said all it needed to in the face of others choosing to reject him outright.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

New favorite word today: cthonic. Eagerly waiting for my first chance to misuse it.
That's my favorite album by Abdul "Dr. Dre" Alhazred.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

It was a list of antifa members posted on /pol/ and intercepted by members of leftbook. Mine was among about 250 names, it's not my real name, and I'm not active in antifa at all so I don't know exactly how worried I need to be.

Upping my cybersecurity and thanking god that this happened on my new, not-yet-legal name rather than my old name that all my bank accounts are under
Oh, as good a place as any to put this, but:
https://twitter.com/Almost_Anna/status/818826930271227904

While you're at it, delete any information you can find through this site by following the steps entailed in the following tweets.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

My hometown's public library shared its building space with a strip club, which is one of the few perks of being poor. We got a few eviction notices growing up but Mama always made them go away somehow. It must've really sucked going through the "pack a suitcase" ordeal, Robot homie.
That sucks that it was a pubic library.

(no but for real that sucks)

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAb4axI2JOo

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

We had Antz on VHS somehow and it turns out kids are stupid enough to ignore the fact that a Woody Allen movie is a Woody Allen movie when it has talking bugs just like A Bug's Life.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

blue squares posted:

those animals are the cutest :3:
God you joke but I had two people come out of Sing today after a half hour and straight up ask for a refund because they thought Matthew McConnaughey and Reese Witherspoon were in this movie and they thought they bought tickets for the wrong show. When I was like "they are, but he voices the koala and she's the pig" they said "...oh, this is an animated movie? We were wondering when the humans were gonna show up." "They aren't, it's all talking animals." "Oh."

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Little death, big death, it's like poetry.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

glam rock hamhock posted:

It's unfortunate and unfair how the Black Dynamite animated series killed most of the fondness I had for the movie. Man that series was...not good (well outside of the actual character of Black Dynamite).
I liked the first season, it did some good things like the running saga of Black Dynamite's feud with a muppet and the general intersection between Dynamite and other famous people. Then the second season kicked that up a dozen notches and also kept going back to the well of rip-off/homages that lasted the whole episode and was not better for it.

I wonder if Adult Swim is going to bring back Black Jesus for a third season. That was an interesting show.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Thank you Chapo Trap House for giving me one thing to look forward to on a Trump regime and that being him attempting to deliver the State of the Union.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

The new Resident Evil movie wasn't bad but it did suffer from three problems. First, definitely feels like there should've been another movie in between the last one and this one that focused on President Wesker and the White House Throwdown. Second, little too much of a retread of 4 with the whole tower defense thing, didn't add a hell of a lot to the plot and feels like someone jammed a sidequest into the movie. Third and most importantly, not really as dumb as it could've been. Still generally enjoyable.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMeu3R0RdqI

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

So the intro to Unironic Robocop is just play-by-play plagiarizing the beginning of the first Iron Man but instead of a car crash his black friend gets gutshot in a robbery when his actions make it worse so now it's the adventures of a white techbro privatizing the police to avenge his dead black friend and uggggggggggh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

The best U2 song is a parody of U2's songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhTMVQuGAdw

Also Dickeye's probably thinking of REM's Man on the Moon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hKSYgOGtos

Also add me to the club of people who realized movies could be bad thanks to The Master of Disguise and jesus wow that brownface, I totally forgot that was in that movie.

• Locked thread