Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

So, the absolute best part of this is the little "Nick Jr." in the corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

CelticPredator posted:

Honestly why is this request such an awful insane thing?

It isn't awful at all. I'm probably own a copy myself if it were made available.

But it's OK that it isn't. If Disney doesn't want to bother restoring and releasing a version more faithful to the originals, that's there prerogative and I don't feel any need to resent them for it. Nor do I feel any need to resent Lucas for not doing it,

That's really the thing that bothers me. Not that people want such a thing, but the idea that it ought to exist and ought to be for sale and that it's somehow somebodies fault that it isn't. People are in all too big a hurry to find someone to blame.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 4, 2017

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

FreudianSlippers posted:

Dude looked almost obscenely German

He even had a monocle and his name was Fritz for crying out loud.

Due respect for pulling off a bowtie.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

This particular sentiment would likely mean more coming from somebody who's actually shown their face.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
So are we talking a handful of 1x1 round panels or are you planning on going full Duplo?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Criminal Minded posted:

Yo, does anybody have that early 20th century political comic where the rich dude is using racism to prevent his labor from unionizing? I think it was posted in here.

I saved it the last time it was posted.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
carnage lady, ripped

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Forbidding multiple government departments, including the EPA and National Park Service, from communicating with the public in any way, and allowing the Dakota Access and Keystone pipelines to go through. And these are all executive orders, so whooooooo.

Ah, but while Trump might not care for the environment or some parks somewhere, he certainly wouldn't do any harm to our nations proud veterans!

https://twitter.com/votevets/status/823979813006442498

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

wyoming posted:

And tomorrow he's expected to announce bans on travel from the Middle East and ordering construction on the wall between US and Mexico.

The really bizarre thing is trying to imagine where he can possibly go from here. It's not like he's just going to finish the next handful of executive orders and then lounge on his throne for four years.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Grendels Dad posted:

Licorice Is OK.

Edit: never tried it on pizza

Ever since I've moved to central NY good licorice has just become impossible to find.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Milo is mostly protected from the homophobic white nationalists because he can hide in his humor, but what happens after his fans decide he isn't funny anymore?
Does he realize he's a dead man walking?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I wouldn't put it past them that those are dummy cabs or w/e, but why wouldn't they be using original hardware?

It's not that actual arcades would be using dummy cabs, so much that dummy cabs, MAME, and such provide options to hobbyists outside of owning the original hardware.

However, with pinball machines arcades and hobbyists are in competition for the same limited number of machines.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

glam rock hamhock posted:

From what I can tell the main trouble with pinball machines is upkeep. Solve of them pretty much have Rube Goldberg machines in them and if anything goes off your know have to spend a poo poo ton to get it working again. Hell, you need a someone who knows what he's doing for even minor stuff. With arcade machines, unless the board had a suicide chip, you should mostly he good with most repairs being no big deal.

Keep in mind that the function of a pinball machine is to contain a heavy metal ball as it slams into electronics* at high speeds.

It is going to break, it's just a matter of how soon.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Feb 20, 2017

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Weird question since I just read Altered States: has anyone here tried a sensory deprivation tank before? I just found out there's a place near me that has one and I've been curious about it ever since first watching the movie back in high school, thinking of giving it a go.

I have not been in a genuine sensory deprivation tank but I have been in a laboratory-grade soundproof room. My only reservation would be that if you are prone to nervousness or anxiety you might not find it pleasant. The soundproof room could become unsettling very quickly, even with other people in the room and being able to see stuff. I can only imagine that being alone in a sensory deprivation tank would be that much worse.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Mar 5, 2017

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Timby posted:

"The lock does nothing without a key" will always be my favorite GenChat saga.

If I ever decide my life needs more excitement I'll have to track down some of whatever drug it is that turns your life into a Sierra Adventure Game.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Death By The Blues posted:

Can he do a back flip? Can anyone here do a back flip?

I can stand very still while someone else does a back flip, and if I understand relativity correctly then I think that counts.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Jack survives the sinking only for James Cameron himself to appear on screen and strangle him.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

K. Waste posted:

Seeing Skull Island makes me realize that I need to catch up with the Kong movies I haven't seen, and god drat if this isn't a great watch list: King Kong Escapes, King Kong, and King Kong Lives (the last two being re-watches with only foggy memories). I have a feeling Skull Island is a lot more modeled in the spirit of these 'lesser' films than the '33 original, at least.

I couldn't tell you if King Kong Escapes is a good movie, because I haven't seen it in almost a decade. What I can tell you is that I deeply enjoyed the film and that it almost certainly has the greatest mechanical King Kong yet portrayed in a film.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

corn in the bible posted:

YTOTD is Polygon, a Soviet sci-fi animated short about a scientist and a superweapon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnJbtbh4tDE

This was excellent. I've always intended to get into Soviet animation, but this is actually the first I've seen. Do they all have disco soundtracks?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Satori, the Ineffable Cum

I'm guessing this is one of those films you need to watch on VHS to really appreciate.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Spatulater bro! posted:

See, I don't put artistry and personal enjoyment into two separate camps. If a movie is both technically proficient and abhorrently immoral, the two cancel each other out. It's kinda like every movie starts at a 0 and gains a point for something I like about it and loses a point for something I dislike about it. It's a singular scale and ultimately a singular opinion.

Speaking personally, I don't judge things in that manner. A separation between "best" and "favorite" is useful to me precisely because I do not have a singular opinion.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

weekly font posted:

So I was a neglected orphan Sega Genesis kid and I'm gonna emulate up an SNES and play Link to the Past, Castlevania and Metroid. Any other classics I'm missing? No real interest in Mario world.

Mega Man X

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

weekly font posted:

Mega 2/3 are up there with my favorite games of all time but there is something that makes me think I won't like X at all.

I can't say if you'll enjoy it or not, but it's probably one of the better SNES titles.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

weekly font posted:

I don't know poo poo so I'll give it the old college try. I'm super hyped for Castlevania tho.

I just hope you mean Super Castlevania and not Dracula X.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Detective No. 27 posted:

We can all agree that Kraft Beer would be terrible.

It'd be marketed overseas as "american beer."

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ChickenMedium posted:

:350: But don't you see how amazing that is? Imagine if you were a caveman? YouTube would literally cause you to cut your own throat and then throw yourself off a cliff. You just don't appreciate things maaaaaan :350:

I'm a resident of 2017, and youtube and it's kind are almost incomprehensible amazing.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Oh how, Mark

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

In a five four decision ghosts aren't real

What's Gorsuch's position?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Jenny Angel posted:

What are the very first movies you guys remember seeing as kids, for me they were The Lion King, Babes in Toyland and The Langoliers, I'm not sure in what order

In theater it was either The Little Mermaid or All Dog's Go to Heaven.

I'm not sure which movies I saw first period, since my folks had recorded a large selection from PBS. If I were to take a shot in the dark, it'd either be Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, the Wizard of Oz, or Follow that Bird.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I hate the neologism "hog cranking" for "masturbate". I have no intention of cranking any hog, and no hog will ever crank me.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Hat Thoughts posted:

look at how noisy those are...just beautiful

I'm kind of astonished that jacket could even be broadcasted on television without turning into a gaussian poo poo blur.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
How did the snake fight go?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I think Homecoming happens after a football game, whereas the Prom does not.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Lobok posted:

Ok, we get it! You're a movie snob. You don't like blockbusters.

I can't navigate the huge list of emoticons but pretend I posted an applauding smilie face.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Thirty years later and the queen is still powerless before the almighty forklift.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

French presses are dope, especially for making cold brew.

How well does this work?
I'm a fan of cold brew, but I've been making it with grounds (in a filter) in a mason jar of water overnight.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I was actually gifted a mason jar with a built-in filter, so it looks like I'm already at the top of the game.

No plunger, though.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

CelticPredator posted:

Aliens will keep multiplying forever until there is nothing. And if you Bomb then, you better make sure they're all dead. Because they can survive any environment. So they can easily still exist in a nuclear fallout.

Wait, in which movie is that explained? Because I didn't get that impression from either of the first two films.

Roth posted:

I like the Xenomorphs because to me it feels cruel that the only alien life humanity has come across can't be communicated with. They're just very intelligent animals that kill humans, and their interest in humans ends there. I hope I'm making sense with this.

The aliens can be communicated with. Ripley communicates with the Queen in Aliens.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Death By The Blues posted:

So curious question as most of you are young white males who grew up on the internet. Why has the alt-right crowd not enticed or seduced you?

Too old? Too self aware?

A little of both. By the time it eventually started becoming a thing I was to old and too exposed to bullshit to buy into it. I also had also outgrown places like 4chan and the like by the time they started recruiting from there.

It's terrifying to think that if were a little younger and a little more bitter that I might have bought into that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
SMG is just on sleep mode for a while. Perhaps it even dreams.

• Locked thread