Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

An adapted Japanese festival and a jerk. Must be a late Christmas. And a late update because I forgot to upload it early for my patrons.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Feb 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
For the record, the R-dash helps you catch beans you miss during the festival.

Dylas is, indeed, annoying. At least he gets amusing interactions with Doug. Incidentally, he's the town's resident fisherman. If you've unlocked him, say goodbye to any hope of winning future fishing contests- he tends to get ridiculously huge fish (like 110+).

"Spooky" is... a bit of an overstatement, really. I'd go into more detail, but it'd be at least somewhat spoilery. Suffice to say, this isn't exactly the "horror" genre.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Well, it would take a lot for a game with this art style to be "spooky".

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Is Porceline supposed to have a mustache or does he have some sort of weird muppet head?

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Miz Kriss posted:

Is Porceline supposed to have a mustache or does he have some sort of weird muppet head?

Weird muppet head. His family tends to look... well, pretty much exactly like that, actually (there's at least one in every entry).

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I do think that RF 2 or 3 has a Sainte-Coquille with a mustache or beard, though.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

ThornBrain posted:

An adapted Japanese festival and a jerk. Must be a late Christmas. And a late update because I forgot to upload it early for my patrons.
The second video link is to the 7-2 additional dialogue on Youtube.

Also, I like Lin Fa and Xiao Pai's perspective on literal demon customers. "If they pay and don't cause trouble, they're fine."

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Shei-kun posted:

The second video link is to the 7-2 additional dialogue on Youtube.

Corrected. Thanks

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

One day I'll get their title right.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

ThornBrain posted:

One day I'll get their title right.

ThornBrain: "I plant, I harvest, I plant again!"

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Hey ThornBrain, are you planning to stream the new SoS game when it comes out on the 28th?

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Feb 22, 2017

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

hopeandjoy posted:

Hey ThornBrain, are you planning to stream the new SoS game when I comes out on the 28th?

Just two hours of the camera pointed at the preorder capybara plush.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
Exciting Stardew Valley news: Void Mayonnaise is a thing now. There's even a new little sidequest that involves making it. It's a pretty good money maker, actually. It comes in a little more expensive than regular mayo and a little cheaper than duck mayo, but because void chickens lay every day and ducks only lay every other day, it's more consistent.

This LP thread may have caused me to play a lot of Stardew Valley lately. It's the only Harvest Moon(ish) game I own.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

GirlCalledBob posted:

Exciting Stardew Valley news: Void Mayonnaise is a thing now. There's even a new little sidequest that involves making it. It's a pretty good money maker, actually. It comes in a little more expensive than regular mayo and a little cheaper than duck mayo, but because void chickens lay every day and ducks only lay every other day, it's more consistent.

This LP thread may have caused me to play a lot of Stardew Valley lately. It's the only Harvest Moon(ish) game I own.

This has made me a very happy farmer. Time for another Stardew Valley run!

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:

hopeandjoy posted:

Hey ThornBrain, are you planning to stream the new SoS game when it comes out on the 28th?

What.

YamiNoSenshi posted:

... the preorder capybara plush.

WHAT?!

How did I not know about this, and is it too late to pre-order?

Rhetorical questions, I'm off to pre-ordr. I need that plushie!

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013

Skippy Granola posted:

This has made me a very happy farmer. Time for another Stardew Valley run!

Now I'm curious who you're going to woo. Who is the parent of your spherical babies, Skippy?

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

GirlCalledBob posted:

Now I'm curious who you're going to woo. Who is the parent of your spherical babies, Skippy?

I really like the girl who does wood sculpture :allears:

Edit:

LOOK AT THE BATH TOWEL ON HIS HEAD

Capybaras love hot tubbin :3:

Skippy Granola fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Feb 22, 2017

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Best catches every disease ever as she spends an entire night in the mines.

Reminder for Rune Factory 4: Update 10 is as far as I've recorded for the game, so if you have any name suggestions for monsters, get them in before I resume gameplay recording next week. So far I have Bob for everything (unlikely but I will possibly make that my default name until something else comes along), as well as the Grimrock 2 player characters, and some others from the YouTube comments I will look back over later.
Also :siren:spouse voting:siren: will begin when Update 10 goes up, since the last remaining bachelorette will be unlocked that day, so keep your choice in the back of your mind until then.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Get a moose or a horse and name him Sven. Actually name everything that. Svens and Bobs as far as the eye can see.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
If everything gets named Bob does that make me LP famous? Even if you don't name everything Bob (and you probably shouldn't, just because that would ge confusing fast), I double down on requesting Bob the chipsqueak. Make me into a tiny adorable rodent please.

I got really hyped with the talk of the new SoS game coming out soon, and then I saw the capybara and I was totally sold on this, it is a thing I need in my life... and then I remembered that US release dates and UK release dates are not the same thing, and we probably won't get it over here for like six months yet. And we might not even get that sweet capybara pal even. I hope we do though. Look at that thing.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that bodigizer was supposed to be an energy drink. That good ol' folk healing remedy of a six pack of red bull and a jar of honey. :v:

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

ousire posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that bodigizer was supposed to be an energy drink. That good ol' folk healing remedy of a six pack of red bull and a jar of honey. :v:

I don't get out of bed for anything less than a can of Monster and an entire box of Stevia.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Extremely late for Halloween, despite being recorded a month or two prior.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
The sheet music primarily gives buffs, yes. Pretty sure there's one for defense, one for attack (which you got just now), and one that's basically "sic 'em." The greeting spell, I would assume, wakes townspeople up when you use it next to their beds; no idea if it makes them mad, though.

Play coins are, indeed, accumulated by walking around with your 3DS; despite the name, though, the steps toward each one (100 steps per coin, up to 10 coins per day) only count when the 3DS is closed, in my experience (probably to dissuade players from walking around while playing their games and potentially falling down stairs or something). And I'd expect whatever Arthur gives you for them to not be worth the effort.

I will never understand how you'd go about making cheese with your bare hands...

Sashimi is terrible for money relative to the price of ingredients, but it's good for HP recovery, gives a bit of RP while it's at it, and trains your cooking skill, too (the last being, in my opinion, the REAL reason to bother with it).

You remember how I said before that you arguably meet someone before the canonical wife in Rune Factory 3? That would be Raven; in that game, you spend the majority of the day you arrive unconscious due to falling out of the sky, so depending on whether Shara/Schala/however-they're-spelling-her-name-right-now found you before or after you passed out Raven might be the first person you see in town. Oh, and about her being part bird... pretty sure that she's specifically a PHOENIX; at the very least, she is very heavily associated with fire (right down to using fire magic when you bring her along). On a side note, I'm pretty sure Raven is the most popular bachelorette from her game... I think they actually held an official poll on the subject at some point, actually.

Leon Karnak is a dungeon that you're not supposed to go to for a LONG time. Like, "end of LP" long time, I think.

Oh, and an exploit that I've been putting off mentioning: The first gift given to tamed monsters per day has permanent effects on their stats, as determined by what the gift would do if used as forging material; for example, give one an Arrowhead and its Strength will increase by 1. This even extends to certain less-typical effects, with possibly the most game-breaking being STATUS ATTACKS. Yes, if you give your pet monster an Ambrosia's Thorns, their physical attacks will all gain the property of having a 10% chance to cause Sleep. Most game-breaking of all: These effects STACK with both themselves and each other, so if you give one pet 10 Ambrosia's Thorns, that pet is guaranteed to cause Sleep with every hit. Now picture that all thrown on a BOSS monster, with their much-better AI (which is preserved from when you fought them), high base stats, and better attack patterns... and you'll have an idea of how ridiculously powerful my combat pets are.

Sientara
May 27, 2012

Ah, you've finally reached my favorite monster to take along in the early game, the fairy. Long distance elemental attacks, decent AI, and their daily drop increases magic. She gets decently powerful, enough to make up for my crappy equipment.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I like how the bridge zone got (re)titled Volkanon Bridge.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

We finally see both of Fritz's pre-relationship flower events, and they're just as adorkable as you'd hope. Plus I go online and get free stuff.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

So I was playing the new SoS, and there was a line from a returning character from this SoS game that we haven't met yet that makes me wonder if Earthmates are canon in the non-RF Marvelous farm sim universe.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

hopeandjoy posted:

So I was playing the new SoS, and there was a line from a returning character from this SoS game that we haven't met yet that makes me wonder if Earthmates are canon in the non-RF Marvelous farm sim universe.

On that note, I just got Trio of Towns today, so I'll be streaming my first impressions at 5PM Pacific (roughly an hour and a half from now).

My capybara plushy is so doofy and adorable.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013

ThornBrain posted:

On that note, I just got Trio of Towns today, so I'll be streaming my first impressions at 5PM Pacific (roughly an hour and a half from now).

My capybara plushy is so doofy and adorable.

Capybara better have a face cam on the stream.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If Volkanon isn't a secret boss, I'm gonna be so disappointed.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
And the stream is now up:

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Blue and yellow bells rung all in one video! Now to wait ages before we can ring the final two...

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
Holy crap, Best! Leaping over pits of lava like it aint no thing.

spbwf7
Nov 1, 2012
Just finished watching Animal Parade pat 7, and I must say I take much offence to Skippy's terrible opinions on Avocados. I thought you were better than that. However, I am willing to grant that I may have a more favorable view than other on avocados given I live in a part of California where, during avocado harvest season, I can get 10 for a buck. The grow so many in Gilroy, CA/ Pacheco Pass that their practically begging people to take them away. To my understanding, avocados are significantly more expensive/rare in other places.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

They're a posh and fashionable stonefruit that they put on loving everything up here. Maple avocado breakfast wrap, man. MAPLE AVOCADO BREAKFAST WRAP

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
Holy poo poo Tales from the Riverbank was my jam when I was about five or six. I must've watched that video like a million times. It's funny because my dad has a rodent phobia and always had to leave the room.

I totally believe Skippy is a bunch of guinea pigs that worked out how to use a computer.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but for some reason I can't seem to be able to watch any of your videos. When I click the links from the SA threads or from your YouTube channel it either redirects back to the main site, or skips every video in your playlists. I don't even have this problem for other channels I'm subscribed to, only yours oddly enough.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Wow. Yeah there's no way I can help you with that. I've never even heard of that happening with any person or channel, let alone it happening on ours until now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Annointed posted:

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but for some reason I can't seem to be able to watch any of your videos. When I click the links from the SA threads or from your YouTube channel it either redirects back to the main site, or skips every video in your playlists. I don't even have this problem for other channels I'm subscribed to, only yours oddly enough.

All I can suggest is restarting your computer and reinstalling your browser. I used to have a problem where I'd only get the home button but none of the other options on people's channels.

• Locked thread