Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(jump to votecount)

(source)
The expedition took the better part of two months. Each day the team traveled further and further away from civilization: a boat from Dromay; a caravan from Linop; horses in Quzz; then finally salt ostriches from a small trading post in a barbaric tongue so incomprehensible that the good doctor did not even attempt to write it down. But at last they were there: the salt flats of Solenie, along the southern edge of the White Wastes. Dr. Selene Pereau, professor of archaeology, and her partner, Dr. Chao Slord, had finally arrived at what they believed to be the resting place of an ancient treasure. The specifics were kept secret among the rest of the members of the expedition, but one thing was clear: what would be discovered here would lead to unimaginable wealth and power.
They set up camp one night near a large rock formation. A full moon hung in the sky, flanked by strange aurorae and stranger stars. By the morning, Dr. Slord would be murdered, and the entire expedition would be thrown into chaos.

(source)

Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a 21-27 player closed-setup game. However, it is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki or the Mafia flash thingy. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix minor things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be reasonable about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter. Votebot finally supports this functionality, and so there should rarely be a discrepancy between my counts and its. I may even stop doing hand counts entirely; how strange would that be?

Posting is very important to me, however I will not expect you to be abuzz with posting things left and right. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll probably prod you with a PM casually, maybe with a "hey go post GO POST NOWWWW". If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included. However, if you're put on probation for more than a day, then I will replace you without warning. So don't get probated!

Deadlines are the most effective and easiest way to encourage participation. To that effect, every game day will have a deadline. If majority voting has not been reached by then, the day will end with no hanging. The Day 1 deadline will be at most 5 days long, and they'll only get shorter! Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it to be floating.

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, your AIM if you have it (but I know you don't anymore), and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. I only check my email every other day or so, so if you don't have PMs you should really consider it!

If you are living with, or otherwise have direct RL contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Here we go!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jan 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c:

(not assured to be accurate! use at own risk!)

Current Phase: N / A
:h: N / A
:d: N / A

Player List:
1) Absurd Revolver i am the bird
2) Atomic Soda IllegallySober
3) BottleKnight
4) CCKeane
5) chaoslord
6) Flying Leatherman
7) got some chores tonight
8) Infinitum Chic Trombone
9) Jonathan Fisk
10) Kashuno
11) Max
12) Moatillata
13) Murmur Twin
14) OMGVBFLOL
15) peramene CapitalistPig
16) Pinterest Mom
17) SirSamVimes
18) Slamburger
19) this is a stickup
20) Tired Moritz
21) TMMadman
22) Tobbs Gnawed

Night 0: TaoJones, Dr. Chao Slord, Researcher (town-aligned sane cop), died.
Day 1: SirSamVimes, Aurelius Anatus, Assistant (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 1: Bottleknight, Herman Echeverrķa de Yocasta, Digger (town-aligned visitor), died. OMGVBFLOL, Finn Donaig, Digger (town-aligned visitor), died.
Day 2: Pinterest Mom, Achille, Digger (town-aligned visitor), executed.
Night 2: Max, Dr. Selene Pereau, Adventurer (town-aligned beloved princess), died.
Day 3: Somberbrero, Laurens Deschamps, Assistant (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 3: CCKeane, Draco Aeliana, Cleric (town-aligned doctor), died. Flying Leatherman, Apollinos Bostos, Digger (town-aligned visitor), died.
Day 4, Morning: Tired Moritz, Gilroy Kowalczyk, Coordinator (mafia-aligned rolecop), modkilled.
Day 4, Evening: got some chores tonight, Lucas Orell, Cleric (town-aligned doctor), executed.
Night 4: Kashuno, Decimus Theodorus, Compassmaster (town-aligned watcher), died.
Day 5: Tobbs Gnawed, Dr. Věnceslava Hlavač, Minored in White Magicks in College (town-aligned backup doctor), executed.
Night 5: CapitalistPig, Dr. Basile Thisbain, Assistant (town-aligned vanilla), died. IllegallySober, Murna, Chandler (town-aligned jailor), died.

GAME OVER
MAFIA VICTORY

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 24, 2017

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
posting in an ecco game

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
hi, can I play?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Signing up

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Pretty suspicious killing off chaoslord in the prologue

I am so in for a legendary Ecco mafia/Indiana Jones adventure let's do this

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
ecco game yes please

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i will play

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

peramene posted:

Ooh let's game together~

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Murmur Twin posted:

Ooh let's game together~

(also so it's clear I promise that I'm signing up for this with the knowledge that I have time for it)

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Ecco make the king tia

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hello, I am here to fulfill my Allen Davies role in an Ecco game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Murmur Twin posted:

(also so it's clear I promise that I'm signing up for this with the knowledge that I have time for it)

MMT told us her scum tell at the meet, so we shall see.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
here to play and get voted to die d1

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm the scum

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Can confirm this

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

You have the sword of Legendary mercenary CCKeane.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'll play, but I will be traveling/skiing on the 8th, 9th and 10th, so my posting will be light during those days.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

peramene posted:

:agreed:

make me a spooky ghost tia

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

inb4 we're third party island spirit masons or some poo poo and we sweep these newbs under the goddamn rug

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:coolfish:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
third time's the charm

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I will play.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
ecco game

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Pre-game content post:

Lynch Max D1 unless I explicitly tell you not to.

Trust me on this guys.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Pre-game content post:

Trust me on this guys.

i lied, this one is the scum

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Pre-game content post:

Lynch Tobbs D1 unless I explicitly tell you not to.

Trust me on this guys.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

this is a stickup posted:

i lied, this one is the scum

Once again; you are the scum.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

Pre-game content post:

Lynch Tobbs D1 unless I explicitly tell you not to.

Trust me on this guys.

Ok, THIS game I'm going to try out my new strategy of playing good regardless of whether or not I roll scum.

So toss your Tobbs meta out the window.

Please. (unless that meta read leads you to believe I am town)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Vote moat d1 because he's too lucky and deserves to burn

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

peramene posted:

Vote moat d1 because he's too lucky and deserves to burn

Karma has nothing to do with luck pERAMENE

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Ok, THIS game I'm going to try out my new strategy of playing good regardless of whether or not I roll scum.

So toss your Tobbs meta out the window.

Please. (unless that meta read leads you to believe I am town)

If you roll scum and I don't catch you then I will.. do something... Something...

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

If you roll scum and I don't catch you then I will.. do something... Something...

moat did you forget we are scumbros this game?

please consult me before bussing me like this, especially when I'm around TIA

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Scum moat is a loose cannon moat on the edge

He consults no one and busses everyone including himself

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

##vote Moat it rhymes

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Please don't vote me, it would be really rude of you.

Also, who knows what would happen the the mafia wiki....................

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

BottleKnight posted:

Please don't vote me, it would be really rude of you.

Also, who knows what would happen the the mafia wiki....................

This is true we cannot lose this long history of jerking in circles

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
still need at least 3 more before I could spend a few days writing role PMs :toot:

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
come on people! ecco game for christs sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Reminder that flavor can actually help you in ecco games. Putting that out there now before the game starts because the number of times people have ignored it has been criminal IMO.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Pre-game content post:

Trust me on this guys.

Confirmed.

• Locked thread