Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

what?

Look. I believe Tobbs is scum and probably PMom, but I'm not sure about everything and I'm not stupid and willing to accept that Tobbs might be the wrong vote. That's why I'm considering who else could be scum if Tobbs flips town. Seriously, I feel dumb already, I shouldn't be bitched at for considering other possibilities.

we can discuss it day 2, there isn't even time now vOv

Flying Leatherman posted:

I guess there are people that have had a very different town-SSV experience than I have, but my own experience puts this in the wheelhouse of town SSV and these votes are just so drat easy to make on D1. Like, if he flips town it tells us nothing because he hasn't said anything of note.

The problem is where we are right now, with how many people we have, there aren't that many other options if we don't want to no-lynch D1.

##vote SSV, under protest.

unfortunately we have exactly 0 options other than ssv, who I would agree, is not his usual town self

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think you need to unvote TM.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Okay

##unvote
##vote: SSV

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
uh is that hammer'd? I forgot to unvote

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##unvote
##vote SSV

See everyone in the discord for Switch event

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
##unvote

#vote SSV

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
That's a lot of hammers.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Tonight I made soup for me and bob that was so spicy she is still sniffling half an hour later.

=======================

:c: The FINAL Day 1 Votecount :c:

:redhammer: SirSamVimes (13): Pinterest Mom, -Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom, BottleKnight, Jonathan Fisk, Max, Tobbs Gnawed, Chic Trombone, TMMadman, this is a stickup, Flying Leatherman, Moatillata, peramene, CCKeane, chaoslord

Tobbs Gnawed (2): Slamburger, Pinterest Mom, Kashuno, -Kashuno, Kashuno, -Slamburger, -Kashuno, Murmur Twin, this is a stickup, Kashuno, -Pinterest Mom, got some chores tonight, -got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight, Tired Moritz, -Kashuno, i am the bird, -got some chores tonight, -Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, CCKeane, -this is a stickup, -CCKeane, -Tired Moritz
Pinterest Mom (2): Kashuno, Max, -Kashuno, Tobbs Gnawed, SirSamVimes, -Tobbs Gnawed, -Max, Flying Leatherman, Kashuno, -Flying Leatherman, chaoslord, -chaoslord
i am the bird (1): got some chores tonight
Flying Leatherman (1): chaoslord, Tobbs Gnawed, -Tobbs Gnawed, BottleKnight, -chaoslord, Slamburger, -BottleKnight
peramene (0): Max, -Max, Pinterest Mom, Murmur Twin, -Murmur Twin, -Pinterest Mom
BottleKnight (0): this is a stickup, got some chores tonight, -got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight, -this is a stickup, -got some chores tonight, Murmur Twin, -Murmur Twin, got some chores tonight, -got some chores tonight
TMMadman (0): Tobbs Gnawed, -Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, -Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Moatillata, -Moatillata, -Tobbs Gnawed, Moatillata, -Moatillata, Moatillata, -Moatillata
Kashuno (0): TMMadman, Max, Tobbs Gnawed, -Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, -Tobbs Gnawed, -Max, Max, -TMMadman, -Max
OMGVBFLOL (0): Flying Leatherman, -Flying Leatherman
chaoslord (0): Murmur Twin, -Murmur Twin
this is a stickup (0): SirSamVimes, -SirSamVimes
Max (0): Pinterest Mom, -Pinterest Mom
CCKeane (0): got some chores tonight, -got some chores tonight
Moatillata (0): Murmur Twin, -Murmur Twin
Tired Moritz (0): this is a stickup, -this is a stickup
got some chores tonight (0): got some chores tonight, -got some chores tonight
Jonathan Fisk (0): Slamburger, -Slamburger, Kashuno, -Kashuno, Flying Leatherman, -Flying Leatherman
Murmur Twin (0): chaoslord, peramene, TMMadman, Moatillata, -TMMadman, -chaoslord, -Moatillata, -peramene

Not Voting (3): Atomic Soda, OMGVBFLOL, Tired Moritz

:h: With 22 players alive, it took 12 votes to be executed.

================

On the first day of hunting down the murderers, the expedition had trouble settling on was most suspicious. They had spent months together in closed quarters, but rather than breed contempt, it instead grew into familiarity - how could someone they had ate with, bathed with, slept with, and traveled with be a vicious killer?

Eventually they settled on Aurelius, who was very quiet during the discussions. Could it mean he had something to hide?

Alas, no.

:s: SirSamVimes, Aurelius Anatus, Assistant (town-aligned vanilla), was executed day 1 :s:

It is now Night 1.
:siren: You have 24 hours to submit your actions, or else they become forfeit!

Prods going out now for players with fewer posts than me!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Come morning, the members of the expedition were horrified to find that not only was there yet another murder in their little family, but TWO. Both were excavators hired back in civilized lands to dig up the hard rock and salt of Solenie. They were big, beefy men who enjoyed drinking as much as they enjoyed working during the day for their masters, fulfilling the manly virtues. They will be missed.

:s: Bottleknight, Herman Echeverría de Yocasta, Digger (town-aligned visitor), had his throat slit night 1. :s:

:s: OMGVBFLOL, Finn Donaig, Digger (town-aligned visitor), was stabbed to death night 1. :s:

It is now Day 2.
:h: With 19 alive it takes 10 votes to be executed.
:d: Day 2 deadline: Monday, January 16th, ~11PM EST. This can be extended to Tuesday if the holiday is an inconvenience for too many people (it is for me but I make sacrifices for my games).

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
##vote i am a bird

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK well BK visited me last night and masoned me. Fat lot of good that did.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Good morning (evening?), my top scum pick based on D1 play is TM:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Oh? Can you elaborate?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Who got visited by OMG?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Reasons:

1. He spends a lot of time talking about the dumb Keane BP thing. At first its just a thing to talk about on D1 I guess, but after the first few posts he’s posting just to fly the flag without adding anything.
2. I ask him for his reads since he hasn’t laid a vote down after like ~20 posts and he flippantly responds:

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't like throwing votes around, I ain't no floozy who gives a vote for any gentlemen that bats their eyes at me.

I am always suspicious of people that wear a badge of pride about being unhelpful. Joking about it is just psychological cover for avoiding taking a stand. I’d rather people be honest and say “its D1, I don’t have any good reads yet”

3. This is the scummiest post in the game (which a few people called out after he posted it):

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm starting to think TMM might be scum ready to go I TOLD YOU SO if Tobbs flip town.
Other people flagged it for its inconsistency, but to me its flatly an argument I just don’t see a town player making. When would a scum player try and gain credibility over a D1 mislynch? To me this is a 100% setup post for a future vote based on garbage reasoning.

##vote Tired Moritz

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Oh? Can you elaborate?

He had the ability to make masonries. I don't know much else since I got a PM saying "you are now masons with BK" and then I came to the open thread and saw he was also now dead so it's moot.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Slamburger posted:

I am always suspicious of people that wear a badge of pride about being unhelpful. Joking about it is just psychological cover for avoiding taking a stand. I’d rather people be honest and say “its D1, I don’t have any good reads yet”

Other people flagged it for its inconsistency, but to me its flatly an argument I just don’t see a town player making. When would a scum player try and gain credibility over a D1 mislynch? To me this is a 100% setup post for a future vote based on garbage reasoning.
##vote Tired Moritz

agreed all the way, in particular with the areas I've left in the quote.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

He had the ability to make masonries. I don't know much else since I got a PM saying "you are now masons with BK" and then I came to the open thread and saw he was also now dead so it's moot.

Confirmed this was from BK?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It said BK came to me and gave me a drink and everything.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like, the flavor is rather unambiguous. It was BK that visited me and then formed the masonry.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Gotcha. Thank you, Max.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

:ghost: daf' coonts, the lot'a ye :ghost:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Slamburger posted:

Reasons:

1. He spends a lot of time talking about the dumb Keane BP thing. At first its just a thing to talk about on D1 I guess, but after the first few posts he’s posting just to fly the flag without adding anything.
2. I ask him for his reads since he hasn’t laid a vote down after like ~20 posts and he flippantly responds:

3. This is the scummiest post in the game (which a few people called out after he posted it):

##vote Tired Moritz

1. dumb
2. I don't see how not throwing a vote down would be unhelpful, especially when I threw a vote for Tobbs around mid Day 1 and stuck to it. Because you know, I want to make sure I make the correct vote and not waste my time constantly coming back to change it.
3. It's not an argument, it's a throw away comment on a thought that I had. Chill.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
also piss off stickup, could you be a less obvious lyncher?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
If I had a single word to describe TMs posting style:

Confused

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I did my best to rid the lot of you of my presence but I'm still here. I'm gonna gently caress my wife, sleep, and idk check in in the morning if that's OKAY with you

But obviously we need to question the motives of one Pinterest Mom

And I'm not sure what else to do but jerk off all day but hey, tell me what to do mafia buddies

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

peramene posted:

I did my best to rid the lot of you of my presence but I'm still here. I'm gonna gently caress my wife, sleep, and idk check in in the morning if that's OKAY with you

But obviously we need to question the motives of one Pinterest Mom

And I'm not sure what else to do but jerk off all day but hey, tell me what to do mafia buddies

It's hard to look right

At you baby

But here's my number

So call me maybe.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
We are unsure why pinterest mom yet lives

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Morning people! We have family over this weekend but I'll try to rub out a few posts in between board games etc.

I'm hopeful someone has night action results, but if not then I'll ask people to read TMM and formulate an opinion there. He's back from his trip, but I see why he didn't want to post in the first place. He has a hard time putting down solid opinions (due to scum having a diet low in moral fiber).

If everyone still disagrees I won't push it because that can get annoying, but come on guys. Come on. Seriously. TMM.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Max posted:

Wait BK visited and masoned?

Eccoooooooooooooooo!!!!! :argh:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

PMom is the scummiest to me right now. The push away from Tobbs and too SSV pinged me hard, and I think something stinks. And that stinky something is PMom, real name: Stinky Baby Poopbutt.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

PMom is the scummiest to me right now. The push away from Tobbs and too SSV pinged me hard, and I think something stinks. And that stinky something is PMom, real name: Stinky Baby Poopbutt.

we are in agreement!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CCKeane posted:

This speaks to me

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Yeah PMom is scummy.

Question for FL: I know Chic hasn't posted a ton yet but do you have a gut read on him to follow up from your infin suspicion?

Question for TM: Can you post a case on tobbs? Your initial suspicion on him was based on the FL interaction and gut (which is fine, it was early D1), but you've reiterated that he's at the top of your scum list ever since and you haven't provided any further detail (he has plenty of posts to reference).

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

If you received a visit from me last night, please speak up in the thread, thank you

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Slamburger posted:

Question for TM: Can you post a case on tobbs? Your initial suspicion on him was based on the FL interaction and gut (which is fine, it was early D1), but you've reiterated that he's at the top of your scum list ever since and you haven't provided any further detail (he has plenty of posts to reference).

My main reasoning why I think he is scum is because of his TMM push. It seems like easy pickings for him. He used a terrible meta reason to be suspicious of him but then backed off when SSV was gaining traction. I feel like he was just pushing TMM to dodge discussion away from him. And then he quickly ran back because he knew TMM would be a safe pick.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Weak casing, flippant and disengaged.

I hosted a game that SSV played and he put together an excel spreadsheet with all the roles (it was an open setup) to try and solve it (as town). I can see SSV being scum this game. He generally plays the game, gives solid reads, and follows up as town, even if his posts are sparse.

##unvote

##vote SSV

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

If any of the lurkers will do...why not SSV, on whom multiple people have a scum read?

He literally only made one post on SSV before he started pushing against him. Very sketchy.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You voted MMT to get a reaction? All of your votes lack conviction, can you understand how I'd have such a strong scum read on you this game?

His own post would apply to him since he jumped votes like crazy, like a struggling scum.

Though admittedly, I'm starting to get a wee bit suspicious on PMom. That's something I need to read up on, though.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

My initial backing off on Pmom was because SSV's vote on him looked kinda bad. Now he's sort of back up there.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

chaoslord posted:

Wait BK visited and masoned?

Eccoooooooooooooooo!!!!! :argh:

Wassup with this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Max posted:

Wassup with this?

That's what I'm trying to figure out. I am a digger + visitor but apparently I work differently than BK. I don't quite know what to make of that. Part of what you said matches up with what I would expect based on my role PM, but obviously part (most, even) doesn't.

• Locked thread