Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
ecco game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Pre-game content post:

Lynch Max D1 unless I explicitly tell you not to.

Trust me on this guys.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

Pre-game content post:

Lynch Tobbs D1 unless I explicitly tell you not to.

Trust me on this guys.

Ok, THIS game I'm going to try out my new strategy of playing good regardless of whether or not I roll scum.

So toss your Tobbs meta out the window.

Please. (unless that meta read leads you to believe I am town)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

If you roll scum and I don't catch you then I will.. do something... Something...

moat did you forget we are scumbros this game?

please consult me before bussing me like this, especially when I'm around TIA

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

##vote Moat it rhymes

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

Reminder that flavor can actually help you in ecco games. Putting that out there now before the game starts because the number of times people have ignored it has been criminal IMO.

Confirmed.

All right, now we can finally be on a scum team together. Let's do this.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Will promise to not be, much, of an asshat

lynch all liars

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

Believe it or not, I actually seriously dislike being scum.

Being scum is fun though.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

Tobbs, make sure you vote pera day 1.

I was gonna vote Infinitum or soft bus you but I can do Pera.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Why does my role PM say that I'm VT but if I'm ever tracked I'll be seen visiting the NK?

That's not nice.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Slamburger posted:

You are a Paranoid Town Scapegoat Miller

If you are visited by a tracker, you will be reported to visit the NK
If you are visited by a cop, you will investigate as scum
If you are visited by a doctor, you will kill them

I put a town-aligned jester in my game, except he lost the game if it ended and he was still alive, too.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

We'd probably talk about clothes, tbh.

I can barely stand wearing clothes, much less talking about them.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

this is a stickup posted:

please add omg to my scumdoc, thanks

Me and Max are so gonna own you guys.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

OMGVBFLOL posted:

ur ded @ gooncon

I'll pretend to be someone else it's fine.

I just need a list of players nobody has seen a picture of/seen in person.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

Tobbs looking for irl fake claims this is gonna be a good game for sure

If real life was a mafia game, everyone would be scum and every role you hear from someone is a fake claim anyways.

You are a Telemarketer. You are scum-aligned.

Your fake claim is town-aligned Nonlocal Sales Associate.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

I had a dream that Tobbs and I were in fact scum.

I have a dream, that one day, people will be lunched not based on the color of their flavor but by the content of their posts.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

Flavor arguments are bad and wrong and you shouldn't make them in an Ecco game where Max and Tobbs are scumbros.

FTFY

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Dangit Ecco why did you make me town me and Max we're gonna be scumbros this game.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

This is TMM's scum game.

A lurky TMM is a scum TMM, especially if you call him out on it and he gets mad when you tell him his excuse is BS.

I bet the Cubs are playing, too.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

To this day I've never seen tobbs' scum game and I'm super curious to see if I can pick it out :)

It's super obvious once you've seen it.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

Plz remember to make my role a woman.

A chaste woman filled with a fiery, combustible passion?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

peramene posted:

Can we all be women? Men are like, soooo 2016

Orchidectomies for everyone?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

peramene posted:

I'm really starting to like you.

Max posted:

Tobbs is cool and good and I will not hear a slanderous word about him or his play.

You guys are so nice :) I hope I don't have to kill you that would be upsetting. I promise I'll only do it if it's expedient.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

I promise I'll kill you whenever I feel like it Tobbs

The PPM lives forever.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod And Bot Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

Hi mafia persons! Fortunately for you all I am town. I cannot believe your luck, it's just so amazing.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

BottleKnight posted:

Um, Dr. Slord was clearly a woman. Men are not cut out for such smarts like being doctors.

Confirmed.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Well this has been a super interesting evening, but it's time for me to turn in for the night.

I have seen scum games from quite a few posters and can't wait to start making meta calls that everyone will ignore, but y'all fuckers (and I suppose myself included) aren't posting very much.

Here's to an eventful and productive tomorrow! Cheers!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I played with FL for all of two seconds in Ecco's Kingmaker, and his scum meta was to be incredibly nitpicky about what he thought scum would or wouldn't do and jump on posts that illustrated that.

That aside, blatant breadcrumb or not, why pull it out and examine it like that? That's anti-town. It's something only a scum player would do.

:ironicat:

##vote FL

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Why would someone claim bulletproof, and when called out about it accuse the person drawing attention to the claim of rolefishing?

Town players can lie too.

Like, say I was a town power role. I could breadcrumb bulletproof in the hopes that scum would overlook me when choosing a NK target.

That's one example.

But when you've got serious rolefishers like TM/FL deliberately hunting for breadcrumbs and grilling players on them, that kind of play is hard to pull off.

So yeah, I do think FL is coming at this game from a scum POV, and not voting isn't a "town" move. Whenever I roll scum, I'm always hesitant to vote. Why? Because I know who the scum are, and and not being able to scumhunt genuinely always feels weird.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Flying Leatherman posted:

You keep on saying this, so I'll elaborate on my last reply - it felt like a claim, not a breadcrumb. I didn't exactly have to hunt. Reading the thread to catch up and seeing this really obvious blatant thing thrown out in the thread is not breadcrumb hunting, it's reading the thread.

I refuse to believe that everyone else missed it, and don't see a reason to keep my mouth shut about something this blatant. I'm sure there are other breadcrumbs out there; I'm equally sure that they're not literally putting your role name in your first post in the game.

I feel like when people claim a role, they do so explicitly.

"I, forums user Tobbs Gnawed, am vanilla town."

Anything else can basically be taken with a grain of salt, denied, etc.

"If I'm your favorite flavor of ice cream, you probably prefer missionary."

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Why would this be in quotation marks, friend Tobbs?

Unless you AREN'T VANILLA.

It was an example of a roleclaim friend Infinitum.

My role PM actually included a picture, and it looks like some kind of worship-bug in a hue between azure and ultraviolet.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Someone call TMM scum so I can see if he's scum or not.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Why did OMG only post a couple things that google couldn't even translate for me?

Last game I played with him we nailed him as scum D1 so I feel like if we get a few posts out of him it will be helpful.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Absurd Revolver posted:

why are there always so many posts in eccogame

lol at claiming BP so early

tobbs why you claiming vt because I know ur lying about worship bugs

IT WAS IN QUOTES IT'S A BREADCRUMB

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Slamburger posted:

Nope

##unvote
##vote Tobbs

D1 scum list: Ho boy

Chores, Flying Leatherman, Tired Moritz, Slamburger.

Subject to revision pending further acquisition of data as directed by Dr. Pereau.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

CCKeane posted:

I'm not going to read anything that's been posted since my sign up since I would rather listen to the hit song BULLETPROOF from the popular band La Roux.

CCKeane posted:

PMom are you saying you don't like La roux because I would find that very surprising.

CCKeane posted:

It's pretty rude and unhelpful to point on a donut crumb.

Serious posts per TM from CC"my poo poo posts don't die, they multiply"Keane.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Like, say what you will, but scum Keane does actually serious post and he got nailed in FF2 for it actually. Shitposting jokester Keane is town Keane.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Absurd Revolver posted:

what is this list

what is this posting

these are hot takes AR

get them while they're HOT

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tired Moritz posted:

if you knew Keane was a shitposter, why did you waste time rambling on whether it's a breadcrumb or not?

I don't give a poo poo about Keane's post and I read over it because I can do literally nothing about anyone's stupidass breadcrumbs.

My focus (and my vote) are on FL and how he is a scumbo because his mentality of "Scum would do this, scum would do that" is what I've seen him do in the (admittedly, one) game where I've seen him play scum. Max nailed him for it, actually, and FL ended up winning that game, so the events are sort of ingrained in my memory.

But rather than make into just a "meta" thing, if you look at FL's actions themselves, it's super super scummy. Either Keane is bulletproof or not, but the only person looking for/calling out something like that is someone who has, in the back of their head, "Who am I going to shoot this game?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

We think relying exclusively on meta reads is dumb. Do not continue to disappoint us with your stupid reads that would make even the grass turn red with anger. If you keep this up you will surely be listed as scum when we make a list. Try harder next time

I will always always always make meta reads but I have actually been backing it up with reasoning for why the actions themselves are scummy, which people are welcome to disagree with.

Your isolation of the meta read is disingenuous and misleading scumshuno.

• Locked thread