Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm the scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Pre-game content post:

Lynch Max D1 unless I explicitly tell you not to.

Trust me on this guys.

i lied, this one is the scum

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

lynch all liars

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

##kill moat

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Kashuno posted:

My role is cool

can confirm, i read about it in the scum doc

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
it's because I'm the scum hypercharger, I have to keep all the 3ps alive

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i, too, am gay

:same:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
please add omg to my scumdoc, thanks

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
but what happens if the content of their post is a flavor argument

would that be a hate crime in this scenario

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

im excited. i hope i get at least 3 paragraphs

hi yes hello, I am helping ecco write the pms! here is yours

Like to a moth to a flame,
I will only hurt you 
I will make you feel the pain
For I am scum

What have we begun
I’m the undeserving,
And you will learn to hate me now
For I am

Who could love me, love me now?
Don’t love me, love me
You can take my body, not my heart
I will only let you down
I will only make you hurt like I do
No one could love me now
Please don’t love me

I’m better alone
I don’t want to hold you
I just want to feel your skin
For I am scum

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
tm is the real scum

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

OMGVBFLOL posted:

im roleclaiming cop

robocop

not true. I'm robocop

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i wish i was skiing, but instead, i am poor

scum post alert. we are a rich and prosperous town, it says so in my role pm

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I understand a lot of things, but the death of lauren is not one of them

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Murmur Twin posted:

Hello pera! :palmon: Are you scum?

:drat:

gettin real direct, straight away. 5-truth itt

must I remind jamming harsh questions right away is pretty rude? take it easy

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Bidh mi a 'cladhach an-diugh, ach chan eil airson ulaidhean.

:same:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
##vote bottleknight :arghfist:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Otoh there's a 0% chance I'm going to be reading any in-character posts so I'm down to kill pera

yeah this, but also I think Max maybe just jumped a little far, not that it was a false or forced conclusion

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

SirSamVimes posted:

##vote stickup

Mr. T. Stickup, I feel that you are reacting with some hostility to questions of importance. Are you afraid of someone finding something out?

woah! I'm gettin mad

real mad

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Jonathan Fisk posted:

deshaun watson is real cool

like a boss, I mean drat

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Jonathan Fisk posted:

deshaun watson is real cool

welp

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Flying Leatherman posted:

You keep on saying this, so I'll elaborate on my last reply - it felt like a claim, not a breadcrumb. I didn't exactly have to hunt. Reading the thread to catch up and seeing this really obvious blatant thing thrown out in the thread is not breadcrumb hunting, it's reading the thread.

I refuse to believe that everyone else missed it, and don't see a reason to keep my mouth shut about something this blatant. I'm sure there are other breadcrumbs out there; I'm equally sure that they're not literally putting your role name in your first post in the game.

admittedly I wasn't reading or posting anything seriously yet (why would you take me making a truth or dare joke seriously? what?), but I missed it

Infinitum posted:

All my posts are breadcrumbs that will lead me to the villians who slew Dr Pereau!

breadcrumb FOUND AND EXPOSED, tag em and bag em

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

TMMadman posted:

I'm done skiing for the day and tired. However, I understand the voting rules and that my vote won't count unless I unvote.

seems like a scum excuse to avoid day 1 to me. very convenient that he planned a skiing trip around the start of the game.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Atomic Soda posted:

is this a joke vote also?

I pity the fool who didn't read ssv's vote as a joke

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Murmur Twin posted:

To this day I've never seen tobbs' scum game and I'm super curious to see if I can pick it out :)

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

It's super obvious once you've seen it.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I have seen scum games from quite a few posters

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

D1 scum list: Ho boy

Chores, Flying Leatherman, Tired Moritz, Slamburger.

Subject to revision pending further acquisition of data as directed by Dr. Pereau.

:allears:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
it's you, you're the scum

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Kashuno posted:

Hm yes we agree! Oh, but we have already said this.

all joking aside though, this is a huge red flag for me. scum tm posting is literally just repeating what is already said in the thread.

Tired Moritz posted:

By softclaiming BP, it's likely that maf wouldn't risk attacking Keane now, and thus it lowers their target selections. It seems very selfish, especially since a BP wants to get hit.

projecting a scum pov

Tired Moritz posted:

whether or not keane is maf, I am definitely sure that it's a terrible thing to do as town to roleclaim bp d1.

why are you definitely sure that this is a terrible thing? can you really think of no circumstance in which a bp claiming is a good thing?

Tired Moritz posted:

you're ignoring the fact that infintium, tobbs, me, max and kashuno didn't even comment that it's an "obvious joke post".

throwing his name with a large amount of people to ensure he's in a list with town while also literally proving he's trying to be the same as other posters

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Claims list.

Kashuno - Penis Angel

would not vote, that would go against my religious beliefs

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

you always think of scum. just because of that cat game.

My first quote answered my second quote. I ask you this: Is there any scenario where it's good for a town BP to claim D1?

The third quote was a reaction to ChaosLord fosing FL because he said FL was suspicious for reacting to an "obvious joke post". I'm just pointing out that I felt for that too.

cool yeah, good defense! "you are familiar with my scum game so you always think I'm scum when I'm scum!"

a setup with many kills flying around - some of which are town and would thus waste a town vig instead of wasting a scum nk
a setup where a doctor exists who now knows not to bother protecting a bp townie
a gambit fake claim to try and avoid or soak an nk by a player known for wacky plays

I mean, I wouldn't do it, especially in this game, but there are surely setup dependent situations where it would be good. you really shouldn't be assuming keane's behavior was anti town or pro town in any case because keane is probably just having fun with it.

I thought the same thing about FL's original post when I read it so you're objectively wrong forever and ever until the end of time, scumbo. also it's Chao Slord pay attention!!
##unvote
##vote tired moritz

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

Anyway you're dumb and ChaosLord (the player) and Chao Slord (the plot device) are different people!!!

have you ever seen them in the same place at the same time?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

It's annoying because I've been in 1 scum game with you and you forever peg me as scum, like ease up a little. jesus christ.

looking at this again, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't react like this if it wasn't true. just sayin

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
hi hello

I'm gonna catch up with a real read later today but after skimming things

got some chores tonight posted:

this is scum tobbs pretending to be weird (read: town) tobbs, i think

chores is probably right

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
omg has the only good pr and/or gimmick

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
##unvote
##vote tobbs

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
mods???

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
the whole debate with FL and the breadcrumbs is probably the most boring thing I have ever read. FL is probably town and it was all dumb and bad regardless.

now that I am all caught up, I don't really feel anything different than the first impressions I got from tobbs or TM. tobbs seems to be playing to what he feels the "ideal" method for town to scum hunt is:

Tobbs approaches suspicion of me from a different angle than CL, and sticks to it, which feels town to me.

which is exactly this.

His point that he wasn't using this to defend himself is pretty accurate, and to be honest it is a little weird that it's still being characterized as such, especially because it didn't come up at all after that one post in the rest of his posting.

none of this is true and it's weird that you're defending him

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

chores: Is familiar with my meta, yet suspicious of me. Also far less engaged than I'd expect compared to town chores. Suspicious.

also chores reads pretty much like town chores to me, who somehow often bags scum for ?? reasons d1 and has been calling for and voting tobbs. my vote is probably not going to move as I have faith in chores. praise be to his night

but really, no one else is getting super weirded out by TM?

Tired Moritz posted:

I won't lie, I find it strange that there's some people complaining at people for trying to scumhunt.

To me, the most suspicious is Todds waffling on whether we should take Keane's claim seriously to saying it was an obvious joke post. Something something gambit but I don't even know what is happening there.

Tired Moritz posted:

I think Todds is suspicious but I'm not sure if he's bad town or scum. Need more posts to confirm. I don't like throwing votes around, I ain't no floozy who gives a vote for any gentlemen that bats their eyes at me.

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm starting to think BK might be scum actually.

Will give indepth case later when I sober up

Tired Moritz posted:

okay, nevermind. I shouldn't try reading this game when I'm drunk.

Tobbs is highly suspicious, and his all "you gonna kill a townie, it gonna be me" sounds like a scum ploy to redirect votes.

Tired Moritz posted:

##vote Tobbs

my gut is screaming for Tobbs as scum, and it hadn't failed me before.

Tired Moritz posted:

I feel like Infi don't make lots of posts until he has one giant case that he'll dump in the thread that he'll stick to 100%. Well it doesn't matter since he's rip and I don't think it's fair to Chic to lynch them for something that they didn't even type.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I feel like this is about to go down the same road as the breadcrumb thing and I don't like it

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

TMMadman posted:

I feel like Tobbs is trying to play the way he normally does as town, but it isn't quite right. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but it just feels slightly off.

:agreed: with this post that I lost in the thread a minute ago

Max posted:

Because this completely excuses his content with Meta when you are similarly calling tobbs scum, who is also playing the way he normally does when town.

I have a leaning town read on Max but disagree with this in particular. I could see pmom or ssv being scum, but specifically, I wouldn't say tobbs' recent town game ie boring mafia, pokemonfia, or FF2 was all that similar to the way he is playing in this game

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

I'm always weirded out by TM, Stickup. It's just that town TM feels scummy too, and the meta tell I've been able to use in the past is that he(?) feels a lot more disconnected and is less willing to make alignment calls when playing scum. That's not happening here.

Kind of disagree, the only calls he's made are todds totally being scum, keane totally being town, and saying it's too early to lynch chic

Thinking back though, you're right, scum TM is pretty hesitant to make calls, but it's pretty early to have a solid town read on anyone imo, and I could see him throwing that out there just to improve upon this tell

quote:

Really? I just refiltered in case I missed something, and either I'm massively misreading his posts or I'm missing something glaringly obvious. "I'm an easy D1 mislynch" isn't really self meta to me, but if that's what you're reading (and it does come up a couple times, tbf), fair enough, I'll put it down to a misunderstanding on my part.

I'm not sure how many times it came up again except for that one post in particular, which I saw again because that's when I voted him, but I remembered it sticking out to me more than once when reading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

i am the bird posted:

to me, adaptation/response generally reads as town while intransigence reads as scum -- not only because it continues to be unhelpful for town, but also because scum feel self-conscious about changing their game in response to criticism (imo because there's some general read by a lot of players that inconsistency = scum, instead of just representing a human condition called "changing your mind")

while I agree in the case of TMM and pmom specifically, I think this is a dangerous hole to fall into, especially now that you've laid it out that you feel one way of responding is scummy for all the scumbos to see

• Locked thread