Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

The manga seems like it's truly on the verge of wrapping up this time so maybe in 2 yrs it'll be done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This actually neat. Hard to believe something I see on a fairly regular basis is an invasive species in another country.

Wark Say posted:

Nope. Still ongoing.

Probably they're just deciding. "Welp, this arc's end is as good a wrap-up point as it'll be" Kinda like how the 2011 HxH anime stopped where it did.

Is it just a bunch of one off chapters now? I can't think of anything else that needs to be covered after this arc resolves unless it's also like HxH and Yorozuya goes to other parts of the world.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

No, there's still a bit of a through line in terms of plot right now

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Subbed trailer for Gintama 2

https://streamable.com/nt75p

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
drat this movie is looking good

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

The live action sequel is also getting another set of companion specials, except this year they're adapting standalone chapters as opposed to a smaller arc.

That preceeding text was just so this wouldn't be mostly an :emptyquote: of this marvelous promo for said specials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVWZpDPLVfQ

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

^ subbed trailer https://streamable.com/uixyb
Tachiki's impression of Nozawa is :discourse:

also the manga ends in five chapters according to the main translator of the manga

https://twitter.com/kiirobon/status/1030089105827352576

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Finally, my thread title won't be a lie.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Holy poo poo this newest episode

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That episode was a rollercoaster of emotions Jesus Christ.

Also I like that there is a character who got to appear in the last OP who's sole role is to immediately get chumped by Gin as soon as he appears. That was such a badass cold opener.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Question for the manga readers; it looks like the anime could be wrapped up in a few episodes but from what I hear the manga's still going. Does this look to be an anime-only ending or what?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mordja posted:

Question for the manga readers; it looks like the anime could be wrapped up in a few episodes but from what I hear the manga's still going. Does this look to be an anime-only ending or what?
If what the scanlating group claiming is true, the manga is ending in about 4 chapters.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mordja posted:

I imagine it’s the same point people thought the manga was gonna end. But then it didn’t.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Wark Say posted:

If what the scanlating group claiming is true, the manga is ending in about 4 chapters.

Kewl0210 didn't seem totally sure if last chapter was in that "five more chapters" thing or if it starts with the next but yeah, thereabouts? Maybe I misunderstood him though

But as to what the anime is doing, no idea and can't really tell.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Are things happening in the anime noticeably different?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't think I've ever laughed as hard at an episode of any anime before as I did this episode. It really feels like these are the most satisfying punchlines to cap off these characters for the end. God I love Gintama

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I could tell from the voice Mobcop was going to be Yamazaki, but drat did the whole sequence give me a good laugh.

This is the best timeskip arc.

C1RNO
Jul 17, 2018

by R. Guyovich

Could not stop laughing at this

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I could tell from the voice Mobcop was going to be Yamazaki, but drat did the whole sequence give me a good laugh.

This is the best timeskip arc.

Im gonna be honest, I also forgot about him. So much happened in that episode my brain couldn't even take the time to register the fact he "died"

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

C1RNO posted:

Could not stop laughing at this

So he is called Zura

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Can’t believe Sorachi continues to make me a liar

https://twitter.com/kiirobon/status/1039791266756808704?s=21

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I 100% expected this since nothing is resolved.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Yup. It seemed pretty obvious it wasn't really done.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Strange Quark posted:

Can’t believe Sorachi continues to make me a liar

https://twitter.com/kiirobon/status/1039791266756808704?s=21

stop loving with me Sorachi

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
apparently Sorachi told Jump when it would be ending, they made the arrangements, and then he realized he couldn't finish it by then

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

eonwe posted:

apparently Sorachi told Jump when it would be ending, they made the arrangements, and then he realized he couldn't finish it by then

Yes, this is what kewl said the note is saying.

I feel like a jerk but I'm honestly really ready for it to end. You probably don't want even your favorite band to play encore after encore after encore.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I haven't read the manga, but from where we're at in the anime this almost feels more like an epilogue already.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

mabels big day posted:

I haven't read the manga, but from where we're at in the anime this almost feels more like an epilogue already.

Yeah, this is purely loose ends at the moment. Which is sorta satisfying but it just feels like it's not paced super well. Can't blame him for just wanting to wrap it up on his terms, though. My other favorite series is Dorohedoro and I feel like that can't be anything but abrupt with the way it will have to wrap up! Probably better to overstay a bit, then.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mabels big day posted:

yeah it basically is, no spoilers, its just Sorachi wrapping up plot points so far

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
15 years of dick jokes, pop-culture references, 4th wall breaks... and I'm still going to miss this manga/anime whenever it ends. :sadwave:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
watching this show has made me really sad and happy for the last few episodes

I really really like this show a lot. Its kinda lame, but its gotten me through some hard times sorta.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think this Engrishy image I found forever and a day ago sums it up pretty well

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/maikidrum/status/1042745270700630016

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The ED is almost out of episodes to cover, guess the end is near.

Dun Dun

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Apparently, the TV schedule says there's gonna be two more episodes after this.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he couldn't end it without dunking on kondo and madao for a couple more chapters

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So with the Anime over, I think, which chapter in th Manga do I pick up from?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
That was the perfect ending to the season. I am still a liar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

So with the Anime over, I think, which chapter in th Manga do I pick up from?

You pick it up at chapter 687.