Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Retro Futurist posted:

I believe in free will. If I dictate to you guys what you can and can't do, beyond fair play rules, then there's no point in me doing this I can just make some paper puppets and act it out however I want.

In the role pms, you could have said "Be careful claiming" or anything of the sort. It would have certainly helped.

Like, do you think that me being mad about this is coming from nowhere, opop? Sorry. Not so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Opop please close this thread. Thanks for hosting.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

In the role pms, you could have said "Be careful claiming" or anything of the sort. It would have certainly helped.

Like, do you think that me being mad about this is coming from nowhere, opop? Sorry. Not so.

You have every right to be mad and I'm happy to accept some constructive criticism but you weren't being very constructive.

Asiina posted:

You really want to go there?

You? Really?

Difference is nobody expects better of me :smugdon:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kashuno posted:

Opop please close this thread. Thanks for hosting.

Eh I'd rather keep it confined here than let it poo poo up the discussion thread.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:gas:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

Eh I'd rather keep it confined here than let it poo poo up the discussion thread.

None of this is constructive it's y'all being petty though.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I love the setup. Mafia is all about the flow of information. Standing it on its head is an interesting result. It is more of a thought experiment. But I am happy with how it went.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I actually enjoyed this because it really hosed with people who just assume every game is going to be the same. The fact no one questioned the masonry, especially after I died, is lmao.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Grandicap posted:

It is more of a thought experiment. But I am happy with how it went.

Agreed to first, disagree to second, mostly because I feel like I was victimized by it. I'm also mad that we thought of it and eventually discounted the possibility.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

told you idiots I was town =_=

Yeah, you were town, but you thought you were scum. So p. much the same.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kashuno posted:

I actually enjoyed this because it really hosed with people who just assume every game is going to be the same. The fact no one questioned the masonry, especially after I died, is lmao.

It was pretty funny how far it went given the way things went out. Keane figured it out the night he died and was v mad he couldn't tell the world

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I had fun.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

For the majority of the game a lot of people thought they were scum and a few thought they were town. The townies still hunted scum and the scum were still hunted. Just because you "lost" a mafia game you thought you were winning doesn't erase the fun you had while playing. That's just my take on it.

To each their own

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

There was a time where I thought I was the last scum and I was going to be lynched and lose the game for my team because you were going to jail me forever and since I thought scum didn't have a kill once kash was dead the jailing would coincide with a lack of NKs.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Thanks Opop, I had fun. I probably would have enjoyed a traditional setup more, to be honest, but it was a neat experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This is the second (at least) time I've been scum but not known it. First time was extremely frustrating (mostly from how the game played out more than the mechanics of it) but this wasn't as bad.

After Keanes flip I figured we must be the bad guys but now the game is just over, oh well.

I had fun cuz diqnol and asiina are cool mason buddies but it's a little deflating that no matter who I cased they were going to flip as "scum", I thought I was doing so well!

Also I was under the impression we weren't conformed too, oh well

• Locked thread