Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

To be clear on my end: My thinking on Asiina was real, albeit weak (day one, whatcha gonna do). I do think Atomic Soda's jumping on it is a poor reaction.

##vote Atomic Soda Zoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
:smith:

CCKeane posted:

To be clear on my end: My thinking on Asiina was real, albeit weak (day one, whatcha gonna do). I do think Atomic Soda's jumping on it is a poor reaction.

##vote Atomic Soda Zoom!

i saw your post after checking in with the thread, checked my pm, and saw you had a point worth following. this might be even more suspicious but i've considered and i think there is room for a miller, feel free to accuse me of waffling.

any day 1 case is weak, but it's day 1. i find it interesting you put your suspicions out there and are now jumping in to vote me with 2 votes already placed.

obviously there is nothing i can say about my reaction being 'poor' or 'interesting', other than to apologies for being a lovely mafia player. from my perspective i was following up a point from another player and am now being pinged for it, while being called awkward.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Atomic Soda posted:

:smith:

i saw your post after checking in with the thread, checked my pm, and saw you had a point worth following. this might be even more suspicious but i've considered and i think there is room for a miller, feel free to accuse me of waffling.

any day 1 case is weak, but it's day 1. i find it interesting you put your suspicions out there and are now jumping in to vote me with 2 votes already placed.

obviously there is nothing i can say about my reaction being 'poor' or 'interesting', other than to apologies for being a lovely mafia player. from my perspective i was following up a point from another player and am now being pinged for it, while being called awkward.

This is a pretty scummy response. " i find it interesting you put your suspicions out there and are now jumping in to vote me with 2 votes already placed." This feels the water to see if AS can judo the vote back onto me, while using extremely weak language. No good.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
it's not feeling the water, i'm actively saying i think that was suspicious.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Atomic Soda posted:

it's not feeling the water, i'm actively saying i think that was suspicious.

Nah.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
this gives me tummy gurgles.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

yeah.

feel better somber :p

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hello I am here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
the more i think on it, the more i am not convinced that as is a slam-dunk case. i get the argument being made but she reads genuine enough to make me hesitate. if i could put money down i'd still bet on i am the bird.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I don't know what to make of the miller claim. Flavorchat reads to me as wrong at the moment. I don't know how we would eliminate a miller claim based solely on flavor. That said, it's a needlessly vulnerable play for Keane to make. AS's follow-up vote is odd as well, but again, at least appears as an honest consideration, for whatever that's worth

Quid's overreaction to all of this is most suspicious to me -- a stretch claim to vote for the person who has posted the most to react to, essentially

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote Keane Millers need to be tested and the sooner the better.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
sorry ##vote asiina

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Atomic soda is not scummy for anything they've done so far.

Asiina what is the flavor behind you being a Miller?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

##vote Keane Millers need to be tested and the sooner the better.

This is dumb. You are dumb.

All a miller is is a player that cannot be verified by a cop. So like any other player in a copless game.

This is a "policy" vote that is easy to hide behind, and it is because Kash is scum. Scum don't like having to justify their votes so they can be malleable, and a policy vote helps this.

##vote Kashuno

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Grandicap posted:

This is dumb. You are dumb.

All a miller is is a player that cannot be verified by a cop. So like any other player in a copless game.

This is a "policy" vote that is easy to hide behind, and it is because Kash is scum. Scum don't like having to justify their votes so they can be malleable, and a policy vote helps this.

##vote Kashuno

I literally just got to put one post into the game and haven't read things yet because I was gone last night calm down please.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

I literally just got to put one post into the game and haven't read things yet because I was gone last night calm down please.

That's one more posts than Grandicap, that shameless lurker smh smh.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

I am exceptionally calm. Perhaps it is you who are unsettled? Hmmmmmmmmm?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I just reviewed Grandi's post, and it's quite strange that he mentions a "copless game." Do we have a reason to assume this a copless game? I read the OP a few times just now to see if I missed some mention of it but it doesn't seem like it. I think the only way a player mentions a copless game in the way grandi did, which to me came across strangely because it has no relevancy to the discussion of the importance of lynching a miller early, is if they are scum and know there is no godather. Also, as a veteran player the idea that voting out a miller early is a bad play or scum play is preposterous. A player that is a large question mark in that fashion should be eliminated early, and it was standard procedure to elim millers early for a very long time.

##vote Grandi inb4omgus

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I just got here and already I want to vote for grandicap

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Why are we assuming this is a copless game?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

i am the bird posted:

Exactly my point

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

also I don't know that I follow grandi's logic -- if this is a copless game then why would we accept without question a miller claim

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

I just reviewed Grandi's post, and it's quite strange that he mentions a "copless game." Do we have a reason to assume this a copless game? I read the OP a few times just now to see if I missed some mention of it but it doesn't seem like it. I think the only way a player mentions a copless game in the way grandi did, which to me came across strangely because it has no relevancy to the discussion of the importance of lynching a miller early, is if they are scum and know there is no godather. Also, as a veteran player the idea that voting out a miller early is a bad play or scum play is preposterous. A player that is a large question mark in that fashion should be eliminated early, and it was standard procedure to elim millers early for a very long time.

##vote Grandi inb4omgus

This is a whole bunch of stretching.

Also citation needed on millers being eliminated early for a "very long time"

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I agree with Grandi actually, not kashuno.

Kash you've been playing long enough to know that there's no merit in testing a Miller claim. A Miller claim is almost a null-tell at this point because both town and scum benefit from claiming it. If anything it's only slightly scummy, but not worth policy lynching day 1.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

i am the bird posted:

He was using a hypothetical I'd assume.

i am the bird posted:

also I don't know that I follow grandi's logic -- if this is a copless game then why would we accept without question a miller claim

We wouldn't.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Mr. F! posted:

Atomic soda is not scummy for anything they've done so far.

Asiina what is the flavor behind you being a Miller?

I'm the one who originally found the box and while I feel like myself there is trace amounts of radiation that will make me show up as infected.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

My beef isn't with the rejection of the miller testing -- I don't see the inherent value in that. It's the cop issue I am confused by

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Don't worry guys, as rolecop I

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Mr. F! posted:

He was using a hypothetical I'd assume.

Okay. That wasn't clear to me

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If enough people tell me their favorite color, I can do a ~special thing~

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

i am the bird posted:

My beef isn't with the rejection of the miller testing -- I don't see the inherent value in that. It's the cop issue I am confused by

There's no cop issue. He's saying miller is someone who can't be verified by a cop, but otherwise that's all they have against them.

If he said that the cop was dead that makes the same point.

Trying to turn it into a slip is bad. Also Kash claiming a precedent that in my experience doesn't exist is also bad.

Would vote Kashuno.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

I think a miller is as good a place as any to start d1 so :shrug:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

The only correct answer is blue and I will murder anyone who says different.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I enjoy a rich hue of purple

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kashuno posted:

I think a miller is as good a place as any to start d1 so :shrug:

I guess your favorite color is yellow since you're too scared to tell me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

The only correct answer is blue and I will murder anyone who says different.

Can we compromise on blurple?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I guess your favorite color is yellow since you're too scared to tell me

Purple actually! Then green

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also if we don't lynch asiina or grandi today I will kill one of them tonight.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Also if we don't lynch asiina or grandi today I will kill one of them tonight.

Come at me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Come at me.

ok

• Locked thread