Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If we don't lynch Kashuno today I will personally kill him in real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

If we don't lynch Kashuno today I will personally kill him in real life

pls don't lynch me today

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Let's lynch Kashuno, it seems like a good idea.

##vote Kashuno

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

Let's lynch Kashuno, it seems like a good idea.

##vote Kashuno

But. . . but. . . he just alluded to having a NK

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mr. F! posted:

But. . . but. . . he just alluded to having a NK

Do you know who else has a NK?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Scum, its scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
the votes are on me are garbage with no logical backing remember that d2 thanks.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

I just reviewed Grandi's post, and it's quite strange that he mentions a "copless game." Do we have a reason to assume this a copless game? I read the OP a few times just now to see if I missed some mention of it but it doesn't seem like it. I think the only way a player mentions a copless game in the way grandi did, which to me came across strangely because it has no relevancy to the discussion of the importance of lynching a miller early, is if they are scum and know there is no godather. Also, as a veteran player the idea that voting out a miller early is a bad play or scum play is preposterous. A player that is a large question mark in that fashion should be eliminated early, and it was standard procedure to elim millers early for a very long time.

##vote Grandi inb4omgus
This is a willful misreading of my post.

Grandicap posted:

This is dumb. You are dumb.

All a miller is is a player that cannot be verified by a cop. So like any other player in a copless game.

This is a "policy" vote that is easy to hide behind, and it is because Kash is scum. Scum don't like having to justify their votes so they can be malleable, and a policy vote helps this.

##vote Kashuno

I don't say this is a copless game, I say a miller just means you can't be verified by a cop. Just like every player in a copless game. Not that this is a copless game. A miller is a balance to the cop role. Just like a godfather is a balance to the cop role.

Kash is scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's not a misreading because that situation isn't the same at all so it was pointless to mention it in this discussion

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

the votes are on me are garbage with no logical backing remember that d2 thanks.

I dunno, you were so eager to vote Grandi you didn't even consider how easily you could be misconstruing what he said. That's a valid D1 argument in my mind.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry calling you out for your false equivalency is a scum play

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

I dunno, you were so eager to vote Grandi you didn't even consider how easily you could be misconstruing what he said. That's a valid D1 argument in my mind.

There was an hour and a half between my original response to grandi and my actual vote post for him

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kash, why did you claim a vig unprovoked? Why should we believe you aren't a scum or a serial killer?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

There was an hour and a half between my original response to grandi and my actual vote post for him

That doesn't really change the fact that you didn't really think about the post or read it closely. I mean if anything you had more time to realize that statement could be taken lots of ways and asked for clarification.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I see cheap tricks vote on kash as a low hanging fruit vote, honestly.

##vote cheap tricks souvenir

I think kash is probably town, and I think vigilante kills are probably going to be important this game.

Yeah, I know I'm assuming its a vig rather than an NK, because I don't think a scumbo would come right out and claim their teams NK on D1.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mr. F! posted:

I see cheap tricks vote on kash as a low hanging fruit vote, honestly.

##vote cheap tricks souvenir

I think kash is probably town, and I think vigilante kills are probably going to be important this game.

Yeah, I know I'm assuming its a vig rather than an NK, because I don't think a scumbo would come right out and claim their teams NK on D1.

K. I'm voting with my heart, I won't naysay you doing the same, gamer.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kash, why did you claim a vig unprovoked? Why should we believe you aren't a scum or a serial killer?

Because the way d1 tends to go a lot of momentum can cause some serious problems when deadline approaches so I decided to just try and cut it off at the pass.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

K. I'm voting with my heart, I won't naysay you doing the same, gamer.

that's Magnus

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mags, what makes you think Vig kills are important and why do you think there are multiple?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Oh I forgot to mention that I have A VERY POWERFUL ROLE. Thank you and god bless.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I, too, have an extremely good role.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Mags, what makes you think Vig kills are important and why do you think there are multiple?

I'd ask you to please not role fish.

I never said I assumed there were multiple, just that from some of the information included with my role PM I could see how a vig could be very important and also most likely town.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Oh I forgot to mention that I have A VERY POWERFUL ROLE. Thank you and god bless.

I, too, have an extremely good role.

Keane said powerful CTS said good :tinfoil:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mr. F! posted:

vigilante kills

And I'd be interested to know why you think they're most likely town but yes, we can table it for now. I don't like that Kash claimed vig for no reason and I think his argument with Grandi sux. I think the "millers need to be tested d1" argument is weak at best and actively trying to push a bad vote at worst. I don't agree with what Hal's saying about it, though.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

And I'd be interested to know why you think they're most likely town but yes, we can table it for now. I don't like that Kash claimed vig for no reason and I think his argument with Grandi sux. I think the "millers need to be tested d1" argument is weak at best and actively trying to push a bad vote at worst. I don't agree with what Hal's saying about it, though.

I agree with you on most counts actually w/r/t kash, but for some reason I just get bad feelings about the way that you expressed yourself, and voted for kash. I don't know something about you, and maybe its just because I consider you a good player (which means you can be quite manipulative), gives me pause.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. F! are you scum y/n/m

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

CCKeane posted:

Mr. F! are you scum y/n/m

Edit: n/m

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. F! posted:

Edit: n/m

INTERESTING INTERESTING.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

a pointless, leading question. why should we assume anything pre-flip? i dislike kash's play, but not so much as I dislike yours.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Can everybody who is scientist aligned please raise their hands?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

*raises hand and glasses at the same time*

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

Can everybody who is scientist aligned please raise their hands?

:toot:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

a pointless, leading question. why should we assume anything pre-flip? i dislike kash's play, but not so much as I dislike yours.

Why is it pointless to ask his motivations behind a really stupid thing he did? Why would I not also mention where the talking points will naturally lead so that he is more likely to answer my question? Dislike my play all you like, you can't stop the truth.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:yotj:

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

I also have a very powerful Roll. It is sourdough.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Why is it pointless to ask his motivations behind a really stupid thing he did? Why would I not also mention where the talking points will naturally lead so that he is more likely to answer my question? Dislike my play all you like, you can't stop the truth.

what possible motivation could he have that would justify that poor play? of course kash could be a scum or a serial killer or a vig. how does that breakdown help us, exactly?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

what possible motivation could he have that would justify that poor play? of course kash could be a scum or a serial killer or a vig. how does that breakdown help us, exactly?

When you find scum, how do you do it? I have found that actively questioning people and their motivations to be a very strong tool in sniffing out the scum. Passive observation has its merits as well but it can also allow for lurkers or reserved scum to get by unnoticed. The more you get someone to talk and, even better, talk under pressure, the more likely you are to get a feel for their alignment. There are any number of reasons; now I know his and we have something to compare against as he continues to play. Why am I even explaining this to you, buddy?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

When you find scum, how do you do it? I have found that actively questioning people and their motivations to be a very strong tool in sniffing out the scum. Passive observation has its merits as well but it can also allow for lurkers or reserved scum to get by unnoticed. The more you get someone to talk and, even better, talk under pressure, the more likely you are to get a feel for their alignment. There are any number of reasons; now I know his and we have something to compare against as he continues to play. Why am I even explaining this to you, buddy?

Because you're trying to justify your vote on me to other players so they vote with you?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

No, I'm not pushing my vote on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Why wouldn't you if you think I'm scum?

• Locked thread